Lucian – The Ghost of Brighton – Part 1
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          On the following day, Carmen wakes up in her bedroom. She is feeling tired all of a sudden, confused and with a headache. She wonders if the thing that happened last night was real, or just something weird that happened. Carmen gets up from bed, she heads a few steps to the door of her room, she opens the door, and heads to the bathroom.

           The moment Carmen reaches the bathroom, she looks in the mirror and observes… nothing weird on her face. She has the same face, same eyes, same ears, nothing has changed for her. She looks like every teenager who woke up with a migraine, tired and with no joy of going to school. The girl starts her normal routine of washing her teeth, washing her face and applying some makeup to make her look special.

           After almost twenty minutes, Carmen gets out of the bathroom, she heads to her room, closes the door behind her, changes into another school uniform, since she slept in the one she wore when she got mauled by the Vewolf, plus it wore a weird smell. She puts the uniform she needs to wash on the floor, and dresses the new one.

           In about a few more minutes, she leaves the house in a hurry, closes the door behind her, locks it, and runs with the backpack in her right hand to the bus stop. She realized her running had been faster than usual because at the moment she got on the bus stop, she did not feel like she could collapse at any time. Carmen is feeling energized, and she has the weird wish to run to her high school. But even if she can do that, she will be coming way too later than usual.

           Carmen came to the decision to remain at the bus stop, by herself, waiting for the bus to come there, stop and let her get on it, then deliver her to the high school where she would either spend six hours doing nothing, or talking with friends in the break times.

           After nine minutes, the bus comes to the station where only Carmen is staying. She gets on the bus, goes to the card reader, she puts her student card there. Soon it gets approved, the machine hands the receipt to her, and Carmen heads to an empty seat on the bus. But, as she sits on that seat, she feels an easy presence next to her. She looks in that direction, but she doesn’t see anything, or anyone. She decides not to take care of it, and minds her business, putting earphones on and listening to some music.

           While Carmen listens to the music, a ghost, Lucian, to be more precise, sits next to her. He cannot be seen because he has not become a half-half person type. The twenty-two individuals on the bus are not able to see or feel the presence of a ghost on the bus. And there is a reason for this. The humans on that bus are “normal” and are not able to interact with half-half or individuals named “creatures” by their species.

           Lucian stood on that seat, he looked at Carmen, and at her phone. The ghost has learned fast the way people can use these technologies, taking the fact that this ghost comes from a century where London was not having a great time at… everything. The ghost observes the little girl listening to some weird genre of music, but he decides to leave that seat, and the bus. He did that while the bus was moving at a moderate speed. But since he is a ghost and can go through anything, the “creature” did not suffer any damage.

           He decides to go on levitating to the Base, because his job of checking Carmen has ended, and now, it is time for Kyle to keep an eye on this young girl. Thankfully, these two teenagers go to the same schools, but they are different. Kyle is one single grade higher than Carmen.

***

           Later that day, in the front of an abandoned store which used to be a library store that used to sell magazines and books at a cheap price. Now, this building is the secret base of the 4th Hunter Team, the one who kidnapped Carmen, kept her safe from sudden transformations, presented her choices when she awakes, and sent her back to her house. In front of that store, the ghost, that watched Carmen the entire night, stops in front of that store, still levitating at a small height and minding his business.

           The Ghost enters the abandoned building windows. He goes through the door, since it cannot interact with objects such as walls, doors, windows etc.

           The moment the ghost enters the building, it is greeted by a woman, tall and with wings attached to her back, wings that can be seen in most novels by vampires.

           “Good morning, Lucian!” says the woman. “How was your day?”

           “It was alright.” says the ghost named Lucian to the woman. “How was your night, Alexia?”

           “Fine. I had a nice lot of blood and a good book to read.” says Alexia, walking at a candle, and lighting it up with a lighter she had in her hands.

           The moment that candle was lightened, all of the six candles then illuminated the entire room, revealing bookshelves with books, carpets and three desks. All of the place is clean and looks fresh considering what the outside looks like.

           Alexia puts the lighter in her pocket of the dress and looks at Lucian, who continues to levitate.

           “What is the state of the girl?”

           “Stable,” says Lucian in a serious tone. “Not a single sudden transformation.”

           “The Vewolf must’ve got used to living in her body.”

           “Seems like it.” says Lucian, levitating a meter to a bookshelf. “New books?”

           “Yes,” says Alexia, walking to the desk, and takes a list from there where is shown the names of nine books in Latin. “The order of nine books from Italy came last night.” She puts the list back and walks to Lucian. “Are you sure Kyle can handle this?”

           “Yes,” said Lucian to Alexia. “He is a big boy. He has two years’ experience. His parents have a good reputation. He can handle a girl's sudden transformation. Sure, he can handle this mission.”

           The ghost then levitates for a few human steps to a metallic door. There, he looks at the button. He presses the red one, and looks at the small camera this door has installed on the wall next to the door. The camera looks at Lucian, it points a red laser at what is supposed to be the brain of a human for most three seconds, then it disappears and the door opens wide.

           “Are you going to give the report to the Navy?” asks Alexia, looking at one of the books she purchased from Italy.

           “Yes,” responds Lucian. “Is he here?”

           “ TheNavy is gone with business on… Um… I think it told me it was going on in Norwich.”

           “Why?”

           “He had a meeting with the team leaders.”

           “Ah. It is a weekly meeting already?”

           “Yes.” says Alexia.

           “Huh. Anyway, I will be heading to the training room.”

           “Okay.”

           And the ghost left Alexia alone in the library, while he is levitating to the training room installed in the building. After the ghost entered the interior of the room, the doors closed behind him, locked behind him.***

           At a small high school in Brighton, Carmen had finished the first course she attended. The course name was Mathematics, and the teacher was an old man who didn’t even know what to say. Senile in the short term. Carmen didn’t even like this class, like many classmates of hers, but what could she do? This class has become important to shape her future if she ever thinks about going to college. Most girls at her age focus on boys and talking about any other stuff, while she is focussing on going to a university and getting a great job in the future which will create her career.

            Carmen leaves her class, and she heads to the halls of the first floor. She has to walk with her backpack to the next class, which is Biology period. A class that she doesn’t enjoy so much because they teach at the moment about human body changes with age. Last class, she learned about the second puberty, which made her feel a little worried.

           As she continues to walk in the hallway, she doesn’t notice Kyle, who is leaning against the wall, and looks at his phone. He didn’t even look at it. He looked at the black screen. And this fooled Carmen.

           Kyle looks at Carmen, walking a few more steps, then, she opens a door with the “Biology” sign on the door, enters the classroom, and she heads to an empty seat. In that room, there were only three seats left, while the other sixteen were taken by her classmates. Carmen took the one next to the door, since it was the closest, and she preferred to sit somewhere in the back because she thought the teachers were not able to see the people in the back.

           As she sits there, and proceeds to take out from her backpack the notebook she uses to take notes in the class. After she takes the notebook, she observes something strange on her wrist. She looks at it, very confused. There she discovers a green vein. And this one is very common for people who have been infected with the Vewolf virus.

           The green vein on a human body can have a different meaning in the “Biology of Creatures from the Second Dimension”. Some creatures, other than Vewolf, possess a green vein that is able to regenerate limbs, faster transportation of blood etc., but in the case of a Vewolf, this vein represents the regeneration, since it has a high regeneration process. Even a paper cut, can be healed almost instantly if the possessor is older, but in the case of Carmen, a papercut like this would take maximum one hour to heal.

           And as I spoke, Carmen had had an accident. She accidently stabbed her big finger under her nail. It hurt her so badly, that she retracted her hand, and let out a short “Ow!”. She takes the pen from there with the other hand, this time, more carefully than last time. She manages to do it, and right on time, because the teacher enters the class, and walks to his desk.

           “Good morning!” says the teacher to the class. A middle-aged woman, always feeling no life energy and bumped about almost anything.

           “Good morning!” says the students to her, including Carmen.

           “Today, class,” says the teacher after she took her seat at the desk. “We will be learning about hair. Hair that grows around your body.”

           Some students were disgusted to hear today's lesson, including Carmen. She was feeling sick to hear about this lesson. She detests the fact that hair can grow almost everywhere around human bodies. She knows she is a Vewolf, a werewolf species that has hair all around her body, but she doesn’t know this will happen to her in the following days or months, when she will be able to perform the transformation of animal bodies.

           A few minutes later, Carmen looks at the teacher, drawing on the blackboard about the penis' hair. Some male students were making jokes about it, tried to laugh or others, like a fat kid from the middle row, slept the whole period. Other girls were giggling, and one was even snapping a picture with her iPhone of the teacher drawing on the blackboard. Carmen, on the other hand, looks at the small cut she had on her finger when she stabbed it by mistake. The small cut was gone. It was like it was not even happening at the moment.

           Carmen looks at her hand with green vein, confused and wondering about something. She then tells herself.

           “Okay. This is weird.”

           “You haven’t seen it all,” says a voice inside her brain.

           She almost got spooked and jumped from the chair, but she remembers she had a Vewolf soul inside her body, and the teacher was looking at her, with a look predators are giving to pray the moment they caught them with no way out. Carmen remains in her seat, she takes notes, and ignores the voice she heard, she will deal with it later.

0