A monster invasion?
270 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys!

I'm sorry for not posting since two weeks, but my health got worse again. I had surgery and now I'm laying in a hospital. But now, finally, I was able to write again.

So don't worry, this isn't abandoned, nor do I plan to abandon it.

It's just that my scrawny sissy body is being a bitch for a while now, which is a bummer because I really like writing this.

But it is what it is.
— — —
The sound of a fallen sword was heard throughout the clearing. Inugami skidded back with both his arms numb and immobile for the thousandth time again since Hanabi decided to spar with him this morning. 
"Stop Jin, I Iost… again." He said disgruntled. 
Of course Jin was fighting with him, not that it helped much against his teacher. It was clear that the elite ninja was on a completely different planet compared to him currently. 
"Don't be dissatisfied Inugami, you are well trained. I think you would be able to defeat many chunin from our village in your current state. And you already started to incorporate Jin into your fighting style successfully despite only having him for a few weeks. I must admit that I'm a bit jealous at the speed of your progression." 
Inugami couldn't help but smile at her words. Hearing it from someone like her meant that he was doing something right, and that meant a lot for him. But his smile was quickly washed away, as he remembered their current situation. 
"But there's a big chance that I won't be much help in the upcoming fight. Shouldn't we ask for backup, or abandon this mission altogether?" 
Hanabi got a complicated look on her face as she approached him to open his closed chakra points. 
"That's the problem. While it's clear for us that something is up with this mission, we sadly don't have any sufficient proof. One dead person alone is not enough to abandon this mission. Especially not in a place where missions are hard fought between Suna, Iwa, and Konoha." 
Inugami frowned. "For the sake of our village we have to keep going, huh? Even if it risks our lives." 
Hanabi nodded. "Such is the will of fire." 
The will of fire. Those words rung bitterly in his head. Don't get him wrong, he didn't hate Konoha. But he also didn't like it well enough to follow something like the will of fire.  
The village is your family, and you will have to do anything to protect it.  
While it's romantic the first time you hear it, the reality looks quite different. Konoha loves to give out that image of unity, but if you look a bit closer, you could see how fast that "family" can turn on you like they did with Sakumo, or more recently Naruto. And then there are people like Danzo in positions of power and respect. People who don't care about their citizens and only see them as disposable pawns. How could he give his life for such a place? How could he ever subscribe to the will of fire with a sound mind? 
Inugami, despite being happy for Naruto to have achieved his dreams in the original, always believed that Konoha never deserved his deeds. And not just Konoha, but the entire shinobi world and their society. It was a horrible place. 
So yes, Inugami was not happy at all to risk his life for Konoha. But to achieve his ambition he sadly had to. 
He flexed his arms with a sigh, since Hanabi was done unblocking them. 
"I'm ready for the next round." 
Hanabi shook her head. "No, that's enough for today, it's already approaching noon. Let's find the others."  
– – –  
"Woah did someone die?"  
"No, she just got scammed by a fortune teller." Hinata helpfully explained Ino's unusually despondent face. 
Inugami scoffed in derision. "A fortune teller? You really are committed to playing the bimbo role of the team, aren't you? What's next, are you going to discuss my horoscope with me?"  
Ino's eyes blazed in fury. "I'm not a bimbo you social outcast! Also not all fortune tellers are fake, and astrology is real." She added defensively. 
Inugami looked at her incredulously for a second, but then laughed. "Astrology is as real as your chances to ever reach the jonin-rank in your career." 
"What does that mean? You think I won't be able to reach the jonin-rank!?" 
"Sakura will reach the rank before that happens." Inugami simply laughed more. 
"Sakura!? Ok, that's it! I'll make you eat those words and become a jonin before you, and especially someone like Sakura, believe it!" Ino said, while determinedly pointing a finger at him. 
Inugami cringed at that, but wasn't willing to back down. "Heh, If you manage to do that, I will do whatever you want for a day." 
Ino anger dissipated, and her eyes gained an ominous gleam. "You mean that? Everything I want?" 
Besides them Hinata went completely red while discreetly shooting Inugami looks.
"Everything…" She muttered flustered. 
Inugami narrowed his eyes. "Are you doubting my words? Anyway, it's not like you'll be able to do it." 
Ino let out a brilliant smile, not bothered by his words. "Hmph, we'll see if you still will be that confident in the future." 
Hanabi decided that now was the perfect moment to speak up. "If you are done, I would like to go over today's plan." 
Inugami nodded at her, and Ino lost her momentary excitement, and reverted back to her dreary pondering while biting her lips. Seriously, what's up with her? 
Hanabi, seeing that she had their attention, started to speak. "I've decided that we should stay and patrol in the town today. Firstly to prevent any more civilian deaths, and secondly because it's the place where we found our only lead so far. Each one of us will cover one quarter of the town. Are there any questions?" 
Inugami looked at her doubtfully. "You sure sensei? I doubt that they will be bold enough to attack here again so soon."  
"That may be true, but it's still not wise to walk into enemy territory so hastily. We will bid our time for now." 
"...Fine" 
Inugami didn't like it. They were just stalling things now, while giving the enemy more time to cook up some plan or trap for them. He felt that Hanabi was too cautious, almost cowardly. 
"Now we will decide which part of the tow-" 
"Inugami! What is your opinion on forming a harem?!" 
Everything went deathly quiet at Ino's sudden outburst. Inugami looked incredulously at the huffing girl.  
"You know, slowly I'm starting to fear for your sanity…"  
– – – 
"I'm bored…" 
Inugami was currently standing on a roof, overlooking his assigned area. In his mind he cursed Hanabi's decision. Just like he said, the enemy wouldn't attack recklessly. He has been standing here for hours now, and he didn't see or smell anything suspicious. All this felt like a waste of time. They could have already found the enemy base by now. 
*Bzz* 
He shooed a bee away that came too close to him, while staring at a nearby ladder. He didn't have to wait long, as soon a handsome, dark-haired, young man emerged. 
"Can I do something for you Mr Kurosawa?" 
Inugami recognized the man. It was the nephew of that cowardly major. Apparently he decided to visit his uncle, but decided to stay long-time because he started to court a woman. A widow with a daughter. 
'Ah I see, we have a milf-enjoyer on our hands.'  
The man shot him a charming smile. "Please call me Hachi."  
Then Hachi lost a bit of his smile, as his eyes showed deep concern. 
"I'm sorry to bother you Mr Inuzuka, but I wanted to ask if there were any leads on the whereabouts of my uncle." 
"No there are not…" 
For a split-second Inugami thought about telling the man the truth. That his uncle was most likely dead at this point. But Inugami didn't want to deal with an annoying conversation now. 
"But don't worry, we will not stop searching for him. Lucky for you, our team has strong trackers." 
Hachi let out a relieved sigh, regaining his sunny smile. "That's wonderful! You know, I'm glad that you ninjas are finally here. We are  all on edge here since the start of the recent events, so I consider myself fortunate that you are here now here. It feels like the future looks bright now…" 
Inugami gave the man a fixed smile. Ugh, what was all this sudden sappy talk about? The only thing left would be for the weirdo to burst into tears. 
*Bzz* 
"Tch!" 
What's up with this stupid bee? Didn't it get the hint already? Well, now it's about to pay for its stupidity. But just as he was about to end that thing, he was interrupted by Hachi. 
"Don't!" 
"Huh?" 
"One should not harm such a useful little being, especially when we are dependent on them for our survival..." 
He is a nature-activist as well? Inugami's face twisted in annoyance. 
"Now anything else? Or can I go back to searching for your uncle?" 
Ignoring his rude tone, the man gave him one last bright smile. "No that's it. I will look forward to your results!" And with that he went down again. 
Inugami's gaze went back to observing. But boredom quickly returned. 
But luckily, or unluckily, for him, it seemed like the universe shared his opinion as suddenly all hell broke loose. Unknown people suddenly appeared seemingly out of nowhere, attacking people and vandalizing every place.  
'No are those really people?' Inugami asked himself as he stared at their animalistic and many times even monstrous deformities. They looked like some fucked up demons straight out of hell. 
"What, by Hiruzen's old saggy balls, is going on?" 
But his surprise didn't last long as he summoned Jin out of his shadow, getting ready for some action. 
"Are you ready, this will be our first real fight together?" 
Jin simply nodded at him silently, looking strangely determined for a dog. 
Inugami looked down again on the current pandemonium. 
"Let's go!"                                       
16