Chapter 2 – Rebirth
155 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Allison… Allison… Allison… Allison…

Just what on earth is happening? Everything just seems to be a dream…

Glurgh… Glurgh…

I can't feel my body but I know I'm a liquid space… it's warm… ugh… I feel sleepy…

Mmm… I'm awake… ugh… I wonder how long I've been asleep… but what's… what's that sound? It's like… the… the sound of a person… a man… and it's a language I can't quite recognize…

And… a… woman? She sounds really close to me… and… and… she seems to be… crying?

I can't… quite recall… all that's happened… and I feel so slow…

Allison…

What's this? Ha? I'm awake! I feel like I'm in a lucid dream. Wait… I'm not so slow anymore!

I… I can feel my legs! But everything is still dark and this space feels too cramped! My position is… so uncomfortable! If only, ugh, I could just… stretch!

"Ahhhh!" A female's scream was heard.

Who! Who was that?!

"The baby! Argh! It's the baby!" The female said, followed by sounds of numerous hurried footsteps.

W-W-Wait wait wait—

"She's about to deliver!"

Nani?! Don't… Don't tell me…

"Gently lay her down! Get me hot water!"

It… It can't be! No! No! No! Please don't do this! I won't allow myself to face this sort of humiliation! Timothy wiggled about.

"Ahhhh! The baby is coming out! Aaahhhh!"

"Puuuuussshhh!"

Noooo!

"Puuuuussshhh!"

Two seconds later, a scrawny-looking midwife held the bloodied baby in the air and immediately gasped for air when she noticed the heart of the child had a golden glow, "Holy Mother of Life! The-The child is cursed!"

Huh? Cursed?!

"What?! No! Hand me my child! I said hand it over!" The assistant midwives held the mother back while yelling at her to rest.

The scrawny-looking midwife took the child out of the delivery room. The child's eyes were still closed so she raised him up but the heel and spanked his butt.

Ouch! That hurt you vile woman! Are you out of your mind?! The baby let out a cry.

An assistant midwife came out and said, "Madam is resting. The… the child is female?"

Huh?! What did you just say?! Y-Y-You better be joking or else–

"Oh, it's male. Its penis is so tiny it was hard to notice." She added.

Oh, no… 'tiny', you say… I envision a hard isekai life ahead of me… *sob*...

The scrawny midwife cleaned the baby and opened the door to see a middle-aged man waiting anxiously, "Sir, it's a male child. It's cursed. What shall we do with it?"

Ho-Hold up! Why did you say that like throwing me away and something worse is part of the options?

The man looked at the child with an expression filled with disgust then said, "Take the bastard to Mary. Viscount Maxton is on his way. After all, this is the last time she will see the child."

Bastard? Who are you calling a bastard? I'm sure you get absolutely zero b*tches and have a 1-inch–

"Yes, Duke Lurgan." The scrawny-looking midwife went back into the delivery room.

…Duke?

The midwife handed the baby to the mother and said expressionlessly, "Ma'am, you gave birth to a healthy boy."

The mother, Mary, quickly snatched the child from the midwife.

"My son… he isn't cursed. He is a gift to me from the Holy Mother. He's a gifted child. His name is William."

You! Woman! Put me down now! I've been isekai'd but that doesn't mean I'm going to accept any more of this humiliation. And my name is Timothy Mc– Wh-Wh-What are you doing?! Don't you dare– *suck suck*...

Mary chuckled, "So energetic."

Outside the delivery room, an assistant midwife in a nun outfit quietly locked the door leading out to the hallway.

The other three midwives that were busy didn't notice. The sneaky midwife entered the delivery room and bared her sharp claws.

She got behind the scrawny-looking midwife and bared her fangs and bit her neck!

"Ahhhh!" The scrawny midwife let out a shrill cry before her body became completely lifeless.

"Aaaaahhhh!!!" Mary screamed at the tip of her lungs at the horrible sight in front of her.

*Suck suck* Mm? What's happening?! Why can't I still open my eyes?! Timothy used all his strength and managed to open a tiny slit of his eyes.

The assistant midwives ran into the delivery room and froze on the spot. Their fellow assistant midwife had blood dripping down her fangs with blood-red eyes and veins popping out on her neck, face, and arms.

"V-V-Vamipirrreeee!" They screamed.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"What's going on in there?! Open this door immediately!" Duke Lurgan shook the double wooden door handle but the door didn't open.

The delivery room was illuminated by several candles and a fireplace. The walls were made out of bricks. A large portrait painting of an elegant lady in a formal dress was on the wall and beautifully decorative furniture, mirror, and wardrobe. The bed was a queen-size traditional canopy. This was more like a personal room for royalty. It was Mary's room.

With blurred vision, Timothy could see a lady with long dark blue hair and a long face. Otherwise, her beauty could suffocate one.

This is… my mother? Timothy noticed her face was frozen with her attention away from him. She held him tightly in her arms and he could feel how much her hands were shaking.

Timothy looked in the direction his mother was looking. A monster that wore a nun outfit attacked the other midwives, slashing at them and sucking their blood.

Is that what I think it is? I-I-Isn't this too early?! I've just been given birth to, why is the first conflict now?! Damn, so I'm going to die again?!

The screams of the innocent midwives reverberated through the walls of the room.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"If you hurt my wife I swear to the Golden Sun I will burn you and everyone you've ever known to the ground!" Duke Lurgan yelled and spewed out multiple threats.

The vampire nun finished sucking the life out from the last midwife and licked her lips seductively.

"Ah, I haven't had such a meal in ages." She chuckled and took careful strides towards Mary.

Uh, as an isekai, shouldn't I have a cheat of some sort? A system or maybe a certain perk, right? A-Anything that can get me out of this alive is ok

"S-Stay back! If you hurt me or my son it won't end well for you!" Mary frantically moved to the edge of the bed with the child in her arms.

The vampire nun chuckled some more, "It doesn't matter. My task was to kill the child anyway. I would've still never gotten away if I killed only the child. Might as well enjoy myself right before I die, don't you think?"

"P-Please… I have children that need their mother…"

"And so?! Do you know how many poor children that need their mothers that die out of complications at delivery?! Do you know what it means to have your child die out of starvation because you can't provide food for them?! All you nobles can never understand what your subjects go through. You don't deserve away one's pity."

"A-At least spare my son, he knows nothing…"

"He smells extra tasty. I can let you watch him shrivel up as his tasty blood flows down my throat. Mmm." She licked Mary's neck and helped her hair behind her ear.

"No! Please!" Mary quickly stood up and tried to run but she fell to the floor. Her legs were weak due to childbirth.

She shielded me from getting hurt with her body…

Slash!

"Argh!" The vampire slashed Mary's back.

She walked closer, "Don't run, ma'am. I can't guarantee it'll be painless but it'll be over before you know it, okay? Hmhmhm…"

System! Aren't you there?! I bet this is the best time for you to activate, don't you think?!

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Mary! Please! I will give you anything you want! Please! Just don't hurt her!" Duke Lurgan pleaded. He contemplated going to call for help but knew help wouldn't arrive until after the deed was done. With all the screams, help was already coming.

"You hear that ma'am? Your loving husband that couldn't look at you because of your unfaithfulness is now begging me to spare your life. Ah, there's nothing more than having a meal filled with the screams of the on-lookers."

Mary crawled on her hands in the direction of the door. "Edward!"

"Mary!" Duke Lurgan threw a chair at the door but it wasn't strong enough to break the door.

"I've spent too much time. It's time for the closing scene." The vampire nun stood over Mary and raised her sharp claws into the air.

Timothy could see the vampire and he could see the viciousness and cruelty in her wide smile.

Please! How on earth will I find Allison if I die immediately after I've been revived?! I need to survive! I need to survive! I need to survive! Timothy felt his chest heat up but it happened only for a split second before…

Woosh…

A gust of wind blew in from the window. The vampire nun's head was missing!

A man with greyed-out hair, wearing a red formal attire held a slim sword. He held the vampire nun's head and turned his head to see Mary and uttered, "It seems my tardiness was costly…"

7