Chapter 6 – Time Skip
94 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Four years later, William had gotten accustomed to this world and had learned to have a bit of patience in his search for Allison, not like it was his choice anyway. He could also speak Maenese fluently now, but reading and writing was a whole nother mountain.

Viscount Maxton had gotten William a governess when he turned 5 years old. It's been a few months since then.

…Argh, these years have been so damn boring! William yawned as he thought. Coming from somewhere like the 21st century, it was no surprise nothing would be as fun. Especially because he was currently a 5-year-old child and had to act like his age.

…Luckily, I haven't just been slacking off here. Since I have to keep a low profile and act like my age, I can't do much with that bloody maid always spying on me! Then the only other way is to listen closely to conversations and observe my surroundings.

From what William had learned over the past few years, he was currently in a city called Denvern in Maen Empire. Besides that, he only learned that his father, Viscount Maxton, was well respected and revered. Under the watch of the maids, William hardly ever left the manor.

The only times he ever left the manor were on Lunardays, which act as Saturday in this world. There were four religions in this world according to William's observations. The Church of the Golden Sun, who worship the Bright and Golden Sun; the Church of the Midnight Moon, who worships the Midnight Moon; the Church of the Holy Mother of Life, who worships the Holy Mother of Life; and the Church of the Holy Trinity, who worship the Lord of the Sky, Lord of the Sea and Lord of the Sands.

Viscount Maxton was a member of the Church of Midnight Moon and was a devout follower. He attended regular services and gave a lot to its charity. With his status and deep pockets, he was regarded as an esteemed member of their branch in Denvern City.

…Thank goodness, that teacher I got is really helping me learn to read and write slowly. I never expected to have to learn a new language. I always wondered how isekai worlds have the same language as the former world and coincidentally, everyone in the new world speaks the main character's previous language despite having different cultures and being from different places, therefore, having different history…

…Although some authors just outright make the MC learn to speak the new language, every race will speak that same language. Bunkers! Ah, why do I keep complaining to myself? Sigh, I miss impacting knowledge in those kids…

…Surprisingly, it's not that hard to act like a kid. I just have to say whatever comes to my head in every situation and never have an ulterior motive. Even if I do have, I have to make it very easy to realize by the other party.

William was wearing a typical long-handed Victorian shirt meant for male children, tucked into the typical brown shorts. He had flaming red short hair with dabs of orange and properly combed with dull-looking crimson-colored eyes.

He decided to take a walk and went out to the greenhouse filled with flowers at the back of the mansion. He was lucky enough to escape from the hands of Gilde and that other weird maid. He had lived with them for five years now and they had been taking care of him so he had grown a bit used to their habits.

In the middle of the greenhouse was Viscount Maxton, standing still and looking lifeless.

Did father kick the bucket while standing? William kept his distance and hid behind a door but continued to observe. He had long stopped calling Viscount Maxton a monster and now saw the old man as a father he never had.

Viscount Maxton's breathing rhythm matched the wind that constantly blew past the nightingale flowers.

Viscount Maxton got into position, making a calm gust of wind blow past the flowers from where he stood. A weak petal flew with the wind and rose high.

Swoosh!

The petal divided into two perfect halves faster than the blink of an eye and gently fell to the ground.

Whoosh! A larger gust of wind blew past from where the sword cut.

What was that?! William gasped. I couldn't even see when he unsheathed his sword. It's like these past five years made me forget the events of the day I met him…

"I've become too old." Viscount Maxton had his eyes closed as he uttered. He breathed out and turned to William and smiled weakly then said, "I can see you, Liam."

William smiled brightly and into the flower garden, "Father! Father! How did you do that thing just now?! You were so fast like swoosh, swoosh, swoosh!"

Viscount Maxton patted William's head gently as he laughed, "Don't you know I'm the world's greatest swordsman? Hahaha! That was very slow compared to when I was in my prime."

"C-Can you teach me, father?" William asked with puppy eyes.

Viscount Maxton smiled and bent down to William's eye level. Despite being so old, the wrinkles on his face weren't as many as one would expect. He said, "Haha, of course, I will teach you. You will take over from me one day so it is my duty as your father to provide you with the tools you need. But right now, you have to focus on your studies."

William made a sad face and pouted.

Maxton continued, "Your governess said you're learning faster than she expected, but you regularly sleep during classes?"

A chill rushed down William's spine and his face was immediately covered in sweat.

"That is not what is expected of a Maxton, Liam. Am I pampering you too much?" William's father opened his eyes a little and stared directly at his son.

"N-No father. I-I promise I will be more serious." William stuttered.

"That's what I like to hear." Viscount Maxton stood up and saw the staring-contest-loving maid staring at them and silently nodded her head.

"It's time for dinner." Viscount Maxton took William's hand and exited the flower garden.

❈ ❈ ❈

Five years later, William had just turned 10 years old. By now he had fully assimilated himself into this world. He could speak, read and write Maenese and therefore was finally able to carry books to read.

This world had already established basic arithmetic operations and a few complex theories that hadn't been applied. Hence, the non-existence of cars.

William was presently being dressed up by Gilde… I have come to realize that I underestimated this isekai world. The more I study, the more I understand this world is completely different from the earth I know. For starters, there are only 5 continents. Arceope, Sansea, Bavana, Nuchia, and the Islands of Critea. And Maen Empire is somewhere in Arceope. Sadly, I haven't learned anything other than that yet.

Gilde finished dressing William. He was wearing the official formal red attire similar to Viscount Maxton's but with a short instead of a trouser.

…Hm. I can't lie. I look kinda fire though.

"Master is waiting in the carriage." A serene and extra calm female voice said. It was Selene. She was standing at the door.

William followed behind her and got to the carriage. William was to start going to school today

7