Chapter 9 – William’s Assassination
79 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vampire! It's a bloody vampire! And I'm trapped! W-Wait, did I just hear him correctly? He wants to assassinate me? Why?! Because I'm the Viscount's son? But what does that have to do with anything?! Maybe he knows I'm of royal bloodline? Williams stepped back further as the vampire approached him.

"If you don't struggle I promise it won't be that painful, kekekek." The vampire laughed in mockery of William's efforts.

"W-Was it money you were paid? T-Tell me how much! My father can pay you double!" William made a plea.

"Heh…" The cackling vampire suddenly turned serious and grabbed William by the neck and pinned him on the wall.

…Sh*t! He is too fast. William thought to himself as he writhed* and struggled against the hand on his neck.

The vampire moved his face closer to William's and made a nasty grin, "It's always annoying when you nobles to think you can buy your way out of death. Your father will pay me double? Do you think I'm foolish to not know how strong your father is? Why do you think I'm going after his son?"

How do I get out of this predicament? Oh my God, I'm going to die again. No! I can't give up yet. Think! Think! What will a vampire want? No, right now I need to make him realize he can't kill me. Yes! Like in isekais they threaten the opponents above them with confidence! But what will make him scared?

"Y-You can't kill me!" William screamed.

"Well, why don't we see about that?" The vampire raised his claws.

"No-No-No! That's not what I mean!" William cracked his head to figure out what next he would say and decided to trust the only things he has in this world, his royal blood and his extensive isekai knowledge.

He imitated a smug look and continued, "You vampires are always sent to do the dirty work it's so sad that you guys are this dumb. No. Not dumb, just stupidly ignorant."

The vampire's rage swelled and his face crumpled, "Huh?! It seems you still have the gall to talk in this situa–"

"Think about it! Can't they send a regular human to kill a child?! Do they need a vampire for a common child?!"

"What… what are you saying?"

William grinned*, "Hehe, it seems like you don't know…"

The vampire became even more enraged, "Know what?! Speak before I rip your head off!"

William looked the vampire dead in the eye and said, "I am the last son of Marybeth Caliscus."

The vampire was dumbfounded and loosened his grip on William's neck.

Seeing his reaction, William felt elated and was reassured that this was the right move to make and continued, "Is the person that sent you capable of protecting even themself from the wrath of the Imperial family?!"

The vampire fell silent. He used his other hand that was free to scratch his chin and then thought out loud, "It all makes sense now…"

Yes! He's buying it, so what do I do after this to make sure he lets me go?! Think! Think! I can't die here! I haven't even done anything for Allison… The vampire lowered William so the latter could stand but didn't release his hand from William's neck.

The vampire continued, "...The Viscount was the Emperor's Bodyguard and leader of the Imperial Guards that protect the Imperial family, a position requiring more skill than that of the Captain of the Imperial Soldiers. It isn't far-fetched to say he was well acquainted with Princess Marybeth. And according to the rumors, she was pregnant before her death. Then if you're of royal blood then…"

William nodded his head multiple times and said, "Yes! Yes! You're getting it right! You can't kill me. The Emperor won't let--"

"...that makes this more fun!" The vampire smiled from ear to ear with pure madness and lust for blood that seemed to be fully ingrained in his entire being.

"W-What?" Words can't do justice to the amount of horror and fear contained in that simple question.

"All the more reason why I should kill you. Akakakakakak!" The vampire laughed so hard with his mouth wide agape. He used a hand to cover his face and added, "Who cares if you're of royal blood? You underestimate we vampires. We already live harsh lives and are outcasts everywhere we go. We have become one with the shadows. Our life could be forfeit at any moment. Who is scared of the Mad Emperor? Akakakakakak…"

He… doesn't… care??? Think! Should I scream? Without a second thought, William opened his mouth wide and screamed, "Someone! Someone! Help– mmmm!"

The vampire stuck his hand in Willaim's mouth, "You really do think I'm stupid, don't you? A royal blood of Maen Empire is screaming in vain at the face of death at my hand… ah, nothing could make my day more blissful."

The vampire slowly raised William back up the wall.

"Mmm! Mmmmmmm!" William let out ear-screeching screams with tears rolling down his eyes.

"You see, we vampires looove seeing our prey scream and beg for their lives so scream." The vampire tightened the grip on William's neck.

"Mmmmm! Mmmmm!"

"Yes! Scream! Scream! Beg for your measly and pathetic life! Yes! Akakakakak…"

Tears rolled down William's face and he found it hard to breathe properly. Is this how I will die?! It's hopeless to try to persuade him now. I haven't even found a single clue on where to find Allison! Oh, Allison… why can't I ever do something useful when you need me? I was here busy playing isekai main character… what is wrong with me?!

William stopped screaming and tried his best to grasp a bit of air as saliva rolled down the side of his mouth and his eyes were rolling too far up.

"If I knew you were of royal blood I would have even done this for free. Akakakakak…" The vampire looked upon William like a lion looking down at the antelope as it strangles it to death. He had an ecstatic smile plastered on his face as he watched William cling to every bit of life he could grasp.

I'm dying… again. I can't do anything for Allison when she needs me. Every single f*cking time. I can never do anything for those that care about me. It's all my fault they all eventually leave. Mother died, Allison disappeared, Craig, my best bud committed suicide and in this world, my mother died again. All I could do was scream for help. I'm so useless…

***

[A/N: William just told the enemy a secret, thinking it'll save his life. In a life or death situation with a gun pointed to your head, imagine saying you'll do what that old man in How To Fight (Viral Hit) did, saying you'll dodge the bullet. All in all, what I'm trying to show is that William isn't a genius for applicating fiction to his reality.]

4