Chapter 13 – Another Goddess?!
119 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

William woke up the next morning on his bed with a chill crawling under his skin.

"Oooh, I feel so cold."  William said before his brain recollected all the events that happened the night before.

"Father!" William jumped out of his bed and ran up to the next floor where his father's bedroom was.

Bam!

He opened the bedroom door with full force only to see Viscount Maxton lying motionless on his bed.

Selene was sitting on a chair beside the bed and sat calmly with her eyes closed.

William hesitated to move forward into the bedroom then thought and asked, "H-How is he?"

Selene opened her eyes calmly and stared at him for a few seconds before answering, "He is going to die soon. A few days from now."

"C-Can't you do something about it? And h-how are you a Goddess?" William was genuinely scared and tried his best to not offend her but he was also curious. He had been living with a Goddess for 10 years!

Selene gently closed her eyes back, ignoring William.

"H-Has a doctor come to check up on him?! W-We can make him drink holy water, can't we? Why aren't you answering me?! My father needs help and you're leaving him to die!" William summoned courage and walked forward to check up on his father.

Selene opened her eyes immediately and shot a deathly glare at William.

William gnashed his teeth and yelled out, "W-What sort of Goddess are you?! You got angry at me for something I didn't do and now you're stopping me from seeing my father!"

Selene still didn't bother answering him and just closed her eyes again.

William stormed out of the room and headed for the kitchen which was on the base floor to find Gilde.

"Is she insane?! What sort of Goddess unleashes her wrath without getting all the facts right?! Father's dying, oh God what do I do? Telling Gilde seems like the only option for now, At least I'm sure she'll make a better decision than that Selene…" William lampooned.

…How can a Goddess even exist apart from the ones that are currently being worshipped? I must look into this and-- Oh sh*t! I remember I have a system!

William was currently walking down the fleet of stairs when he stopped and noticed the area suddenly had a blue hue.

"What the?" William was about to turn around when he was hit by a powerful force that caused him to tumble multiple times on the stairs.

Boom!

"Ugh…" William let out a pained groan as the world in his eyes was spinning.

"Ouch…"

William heard a female voice and as the dizziness slowly settled he saw a small figure sitting on his body!

"Ouch, ouch, ouch. My head hurts…" The figure had their hands on their head as they lampooned childishly.

…Am I hallucinating? Who's this? William extended his hand towards the figure and a second later, his blurred vision returned to normal.

On his body, was a girl not more than thirteen years old in a brown and tattered cloak with pink hair tied to two ponytails at the side of her hair. She had turquoise eyes that reminded one of the seas with a small face that was flushed red.

William took note of her features and his eyes moved down to where his hand was. It was on her chest!

"Ah! I'm sor–" Before he could even apologize, a tight fist made contact with his face and sent him flying.

"You… You disgusting perv!" The girl screamed and pointed at William.

"How dare you lay your filthy hands on me?!" William held the affected part of his face with teary eyes and pointed back at the girl.

"How dare I?! I should've kicked you in the groin! You disgusting perv!" The girl stomped her feet on the floor and screamed like an enraged bear.

"I-I'm not a perv!"

"You disgusting perv, I wonder how many innocent girls have suffered because of you…" The girl put up a weak front and cleaned her fake tears.

"I told you I'm not a perv! B-Besides, how could I have felt something that's not even there?" William avoided eye contact with the girl and looked awkwardly to the side.

Steam erupted from her figure as she hurled out, "You disgusting, bastard, filthy, stinky, and disgusting perv!"

William had a cheeky grin on his face and nonchalantly picked his nose as he said, "You said disgusting twice."

"That-That doesn't matter!"

William turned serious and asked, "How on earth did you get into my house? You're the assassin that attacked my father last night, aren't you? Let me guess, you've come here to kill me…"

The girl wore a confused expression, "What are you saying, you disgusting perv?"

"I said I'm not a perv!"

The girl dusted her cloak and said in mockery, "Oh my goodness, mortals are still so stupid and annoying…"

William was fed up with this stranger's bickering and yelled, "Says a stupid, flat-chested, midget!"

"Ehhhh?! I will kill you!" She pounced on William and dragged his hair and mouth.

"I knu et! Tal me oo tent you! (I knew it! Tell me who sent you!)"

"War is de stinky pav saying? Wuy wool I wont to ashashinate you?! (What is this stinky perv saying? Why will I want to assassinate you?!)" After the girl said, she poked her fingers into William's eyes.

"Ahh, my eyes! You stupid kid!"

The fighting stopped a few minutes later with both of them with bruises.

William sat at the corner of the stair floor and asked, "Who are you anyway, since you're not here to kill me?"

"I'm looking for someone. I need to find–" She stopped what she was saying abruptly and blinked twice with a frozen expression as she stared at William.

"What? Who do you need to find?" William asked curiously.

The girl suddenly fell to the ground on her knees and let out a loud cry, "Waaaahhh, why does it have to be this disgusting perv?"

"I'm not a perv!"

The girl stood up and cleaned her tears then said with pride and confidence, "I am Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom."

"Oh yeah?" William said and put his pinky finger in his nose.

"Oh yeah?! That's all you have to say? A Goddess if right in front of you but all you say is oh yeah?!"

"Nothing surprises me as of right now. Plus, I don't even believe a kid like you is actually a Goddess. Judging from your clothes, you must be one of those scam artists thinking you can rip off the inexperienced son of a viscount. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've seen through your trick…" William continued ranting off.

The girl folded her hand and said, "Allison sent me."

William froze and stuttered, "W-What did you say? I don't think I heard–"

The girl spoke before William could finish, "I said Allison sent me, you disgusting perv! Now, do you believe I'm a Goddess?"

"W-W-Wait this is all too much to process. Are you saying Allison is a Goddess and you know where she is?"

"Yes. She sent you to this world, how will she be able to do that if she wasn't a Goddess? Huh, so you're a dumb and disgusting perv."

"I said I'm not a perv!"

…Wait, come to think of it, how will she be able to bring me here if she wasn't a Goddess or something of equal authority? This thought never even crossed my mind, my goodness! Am I really so dumb?! Does that mean the person that's trying to take over the world is an entity on the level of a god or higher?!

The girl asked nonchalantly, "Realising how dumb you are?"

"You, sh-shut up and let me think!"

"What? Just ask your questions and I'll answer them. I am the Goddess of Wisdom, after all."

"I said shut up!" William screamed and held his head as a million thoughts went through his head.

4