Chapter 15 : Weakness
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Cain went towards the jobs desk to find out what had happened , he saw two powerful individuals glaring at each other , one was a large Tiger beastman with scars on his face and chest . This beastman was the largest person Cain had seen till now with a height atlest more than 7 feet , Cain could feel immense pressure coming from him and the mana density around him was very high and particularly seemed to have an affinity to flame magic.

In font of this large beast stood a woman who was around Cain's height , she had pale greyish white skin ,pointy ears , two thin short swords on her back . She had complete black eyes with yellow iris with curly long black hair and had a similar aura to that of the tiger beastman . They both were extremely powerful .

Looking at the both of them Cain's anger started to rise , this was because he knew that he wouldn't be able to beat these two without his hellfire abilities . Cain was angry at himself at his weakness . For him who wanted to live without answering to anyone there was only one method , being the strongest . As Cain was looking at these two figures a blue scaly hand tapped on his shoulder.

As he turned he saw what he could loosely relate to a lizardman , the lizardman then started to speak to Cain

"Hello here , Venturax a D rank adventurer as well as a broker . I can provide variety of services such as information , best stores , weapons and others" he looked at Cain as he introduced himself like a professional salesman.

"What ? Why are you asking me ?"Cain looked at Venturax  in a confused look ,

"Oh my , no need to be shy you Sir Cain received the approval of Ryken Usagi who even many A ranks find tough to beat . That means you have great potential , I can smell money from you" Venturax  looked at Cain like a hungry salesman who wanted to sell his product.

Hearing this Cain was a little displeased , not at Venturax  he liked people like Venturax  who seize an opportunity to get profit before others. What he was displeased about was that his name started to spread a little , he wanted to remain unkown till he had enough strength to at least escape from Olivia the guildmaster. As for how things stand now those two arguing A ranks could capture him.

Cain now looked at Venturax  and asked

"Who are those two and why are the arguing?" Venturax  now looking at Cain in a low tone started to speak

"The Tiger beastman's name is Norman Fraiser ,he is a brawler who uses flames to fight in hand to hand combat and the Lynx elf's Vionica Vark a dual swordswoman . They are arguing about which group gets to explore the newly discovered dungeon ." Venturax  spoke as he stood next to Cain looking at those two and continued.

"They are 2 of the 5 A ranks in this City or including all the surrounding towns also" After that both of them were looking at the arguments Cain asked in his mind

--

"System , are dungeons what I think they are ?"

[Similar but No , They are basically caves which have high mana density so beasts start to accumulate and form various habitats within these cave , some may have space distortions in them if sufficient mana is collected making the areas larger. Since there are chances of getting past explorer's remains and high quality material dungeons are raided by adventurers]

[If dungeons are not regulated the beasts may overpopulate and suddenly cause large number of beasts to come out of the dungeons]

"Hmm , fine "

--

"Venturax  which are dungeons best for B Ranks to raid ?" Venturax  visibly happy answered Cain

"There are many , but which i would recommend are Mynard , Maximus and Sibre dungeons , a B ranks can easily move around in the first 2 levels of these , and Maximus and Sibre dungeons are fully explored " Venturax  sighing a little continued

"I included Mynard  even though only 5 levels are explored because the materials and cores you get from there are high quality" suddenly as  Venturax  a deathly pressure fell on everyone and all were silent as Olivia came down to check who was causing a commotion.

Looking at Vionica and Norman , Olivia reduced her pressure and spoke

"Come to my office we can discuss there " without much argument the both of them followed.

Cain then looked at Venturax  and asked about the locations of various stores and libraries in the city then left the Guild , while giving Venturax  some silver for his information.

---

Cain then for the next two days bought every thing necessary , he also bought a Space Ring of 5 cubic meters in space to store all essentials required for a week . This ring cost him all the money he looted from Veygo's camp . He visited the city libraries and cross checked the information Venturax  gave him which was completely true.

He then surveyed all past records Mynard Dungeon raids . After a week of preparation Cain was ready to go to the Mynard Dungeon.

During this time he also inquired the system how he could get stronger , to which the system replied as below

[Unlocking Immortal Hellfire body ability's full potential , Due to the hosts weak body now if unlocked can cause the host to burn his own soul.

The host should also start to develop energy manipulation and summoning skills , as the host has innate ability to master them]

Hearing summoning skills Cain got up in joy and expectation asked the system

"Can I summon thousands of creatures ?"

[No , even at Absolute level Mastery the Host can utmost summon 10 creatures of Hell or Flame elementals ]

A Little disappointed Cain asked "What are creatures of Hell?"

[Due to the host's body being made of hellfire , you are able to connect to a different realm called Hell . Similar to the ability of the Primordial of Life who can connect to heaven]

"Hmm, so only we two can connect ?"

[No , the Void Primordial can open portals to all these realms and can make it so anyone can travel there ]

[The host still doesn't fill the requirements to get more information on different realms ]

"Okay"

[The Host can reach Expert rank after you consume a core of that level creature or receive enlightenment of similar level ]

"Hmm , so totally fucking tough . Well let's squeeze the Mynard Dungeon to get as strong as I can."

---

Mynard Dungeon was about 60 kilometers from the city . Levels in dungeons were divided based on change in habitat and mana density . Five levels were explored and no team which went to explore the 6 th level returned .

Entry into dungeons was regulated by the Adventurer guild where people required special permission from the guild or needed the adventurer license to enter them. Individuals could also own dungeons  , but the cost of buying one and maintaining it was a lot so very few people with high authority could afford them.

Cain Showed his Guild card at the outpost next to the dungeon and started to go in , with his face covered in ragged clothes , to hide his identity.

0