Chapter 002 : Our Own Secrets, Part.2
61 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Point of View : Rudeus~

 

 

 

*Cricket*

 

 

 

Alongside the living sound of the critters in Summer, we all are inside the kitchen as we all sat in our own seat by the dinner table, having our plates of warm curry soup, bread, some vegetables, and fishes for the dishes.

 

 

 

*Crunch*

 

As I split my bread in a portion, I dip it on my plate of curry, and munch it up.

 

 

 

Eynor : "And like, it's there floating above my palm and I don't know if I should drop it or not.

 

Thankfully, Brother Rudeus taught me how to do it just fine. Right, Rudy?". Eyn who's sitting beside me is just eating his fine share of lunch, with an excitement unparalleled visible in his eyes.

 

 

 

I stop for a bit as I think of how absurd it is that despite me being the one who have experimented with magic since some time ago, he doesn't have the same failure as I do on my 1st try.

 

Me : "… I'm still jealous that you hadn't got yourself wet"

 

 

 

Zenith taps her cheeks with her wooden spoon, as she tries to remember something to bring up.

 

Zenith : "Ah! So that day when you got yourself wet the first time was from your first magic spell?"

 

 

 

She reminded me of the time when I got unconscious from having at least 3 or 4 immature Water Ball cast, in which they flopped down, with the last one hitting me coincidentally on the lower part of my body. 'Dang It… Dang It!…'

 

 

 

Eynor wasn't there when I was reading, since he's more interested in Paul's Swordplay on the outer house, in which I wasn't thankful enough for Zenith to make me remember that embarrassment.

 

Eynor : "Ah well, whatever happened is in the past, now, and at least he gets to make sure I don't experience it"

 

 

 

One thing that I'm unclear of is my younger brother is as talented at magic, if not superior compared to me, as seen on how his Water Ball doesn't drop and in fact, stays afloat.

 

And there's also the keyword I noticed from how he gets to image the process of its activation : Vapour.

 

As far as I know, nobody in this house knew of how the process of morning's vapor, and it doesn't help that I have my own suspicion regarding Eynor that, maybe he's not the way you think he is.

 

 

 

*Burps*

 

 

 

I got a little startled from Eynor drinking his water, as I scratch my eyes and finish my plate.

 

Eynor : "I'll try to practice again, Brother, Mother, Miss Lilia. Later!". He jogs a bit to the exit while bringing the magic book with him, as he open the door and leaves it half-opened and let the wind from outside make the door creak some noise.

 

 

 

*Creak*

 

 

 

Zenith : "… So, Rudy. How do you feel when teaching your little brother?". Zenith breaks the silence by reprimanding me about what do I feel as a tutor.

 

 

 

Me : "It felt, Good. But it doesn't feel fair that he gets to be steps ahead from me". I drink my cup of water as I prepare to go out and see his progress again.

 

 

 

Zenith : " *giggles*. Well then, go and catch up to your brother, or else he'll surpass you in a matter of years~!". She nods to the door, in which case, incentivizing me to make sure I get to stay as the bigger brother in this family.

 

 

 

Me : "Yep! Bye, You Two!". I go around the door and twist the doorknob, as I step again outside the house.

 

 

 

*Clack*

 

 

 

Standing just in front of the door, I look at the unbelievably beautiful scenery that I get to enjoy day and night in this lifetime.

 

Me : "… *Inhales, Exhales*.

 

 

 

The breezing wind passes by as I breathe in a fresh gust of wind, and takes the privilege of starting over from a child to my heart's content. 'Since this is Medieval period, a time when polygamy exists for the nobles, maybe I can get myself some chicks to pick up from early on?… Hehe'

 

 

 

Eynor : "Yes… YES… !". I hear Eyn screaming out his excitement on whatever he's practicing as of now around the corner.

 

 

 

*Whirl*

 

 

 

I walk to where he is, slowly but surely, I know that something's about to happen, and I speed up a bit.

 

Rudeus : "Eyn? What is it that you're practisi-...". I widen my eyes and let my jaw drops as I see him manipulating Mana to form some bullet-like magic from Earth element.

 

 

 

It kept on spinning round and round until some kind of gold-like glint is seen, and I'm seeing this in person can only know of it as something that only exist from my old life.

 

Rudeus : "Is that a… Rock Magi-"

 

 

 

*WHOOM*

 

The magic spell is flying to a spot of the concrete wall that barriers the house perimeter.

 

 

 

*CRACK!*

 

And that very spell just happened to be shot by Eyn, and there is made a dent in the wall, as the materialized spell drops to the ground. 'However you view it, this isn't normal, not even for me. Eyn, who are you?…'

 

 

 

*Thud*

 

 

 

Eynor : "I… Did… It…". I turn to face Eyn who's having a big smile on his face and there he lays out on the grasses, exasperated from exhausting his current Mana capacity.

 

 

 

I run to him as I check his face, having some bags under his eyes and his head getting heated up.

 

Me : "Feeling Good, Now?"

 

 

 

He tries to rise his head up as his hand is behind his back.

 

Eynor : "Ngh… Well, I want to see it, the thing I launched just now"

 

 

 

I nod to him as I walk to where the site of destruction happened to be.

 

I crouch down as I examine the cause and effect of Eyn's destructive spell, and look for where his bullet possibly went.

 

 

 

*Tink*

 

 

 

My fingers bumped into some rough metal, and I grab it as I examine what Eynor made.

 

Its size wasn't as big as rifle's assault bullets, nor is it small like shotgun's pellets. It is just the most common caliber, for a modern handgun : .45 ACP. 'The Fuck?'

 

 

 

Eynor : "Quite close, isn't it?". I hear Eynor speaking directly to my right side, and I shiver on how I didn't hear his footsteps just now.

 

 

 

I step back from him, who's face is getting better and doesn't look like he's exhausted in the matter of seconds, making me feel a little creeped out by the absurdity that he always brings lately.

 

Me : "Wha-, what do you mean by that?"

 

 

 

He frowns from my answer, not having the expected response to his question.

 

Eynor : " *sighs*. If you're still pretending, how about I say one thing you might know of from 'Our Old Life' "

 

 

 

Our, Old, Life. Those three words makes me reminded of the past I'm still feeling hurt of, and I hold my chest as I get to image what kind of thing he'll say next.

 

Me : "H-huh? You're scaring me Eynor, can you please sto-"

 

 

 

He silences my mouth by covering it with his right index, while he's closing up his face to my right ear.

 

Eynor : "Gun"

 

 

 

Hearing that word, I instantly know of the suspicion that he is just like me, An Otherworlder.

 

Vapour, Our Old World, and now Gun, there's no question that he is having the same fate as me, Reincarnation.

 

Though there still remains some question, and I look up to him as I try to build up the courage to ask them.

 

Me : "… Do you remember getting hit by a truck in the middle of a rainy night in Japan?"

 

 

 

He lifts his eyebrows, being dumbfounded by what I'm talking about.

 

Eynor : "Nn~nope. I remember dying by a frag grenade blast, saving two of my precious Comrade who might be married by now, on the streets of Bali, Indonesia at the year of… 2036, if I were to recall from my experience of seeing my own dying body in a dark void". He sits as he faces upwards, looking at the clouds. "So whoever you think I am, sorry to disappoint you". He then lays down again, with a disconnected look in his eyes as he reminisces about something from the past.

 

 

 

His response only made me further question more and more things as I rest my head on my hand above my knees, sitting above the ground just beside Eynor. 'WHAT. How does one end up in the same family even though we're so different in date, place, and reason of death?!'

 

 

 

Zenith : "Eynor, Rudy?! What was that sound just now?". Zenith calls out our name from inside the house, luckily, since we don't know what they'll do if they find out the damage that Eyn just did.

 

 

 

We both woke up from our own mind as we see each other and basically knows of the one thing we should do as of now.

 

Me and Eynor : "Let's Cover It Up! / Hide The Evidence!"

 

 

 

*Crackle*

 

 

 

I conjure a soft Earthen magic from the fundamentals of making clays that is just rough enough that they'll fit for the damage.

 

 

 

Eynor : "Cool, let me do just exactly that"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Swoosh*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eynor coincidentally thought of the same thing with me, and we both grinned at each other like lifelong pals.

 

 

 

Me : "Freaking Cheater!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taking some seconds to harden, we hardly restored the brick's texture and just pray that no one notices this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Laughter*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Laying down, we both look at each other and I feel that we'll be getting along like this for possibly a lifetime.

 

 

 

Me : "I have loads of question, Eyn"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eyn : " *sighs*. Me too, Rudy, Me too"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Letting the calm wind freshen us up, Eyn sits back up first as he looks at me with yet again, an excited look.

 

 

 

Eynor : "Want to have some competition?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I got back up as I smiled back at him, not wanting to be beat by a younger sibling.

 

 

 

Me : "Heh, You're On!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At that time of day, many kinds of sound and spectacle can be heard and seen around the Greyrat family's household.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . .

 

 

 

. . . Minutes Later . . .

 

 

 

. . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We both got lucky that both Mother Zenith and Aunt Lilia doesn't bother themselves to check what I've done to the brick walls just to the left of the household.

 

 

 

Though they do get out while picking the veggies that they've planted just close to the other plants that Mother Zenith treasures way before we both were born.

 

 

 

With the reasoning that I also practiced magic in my own time, we both got our time expanded on doing magic and relearning the content of the book and his knowledge and experience regarding magic.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Panting*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Laying out in the grasses, me and Rudeus got our Mana exhausted for the day, and he keeps telling me that I'm a cheater for not falling down after about half an hour of learning magic while competing each other in casting magic.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "Honestly, what's with you being able to silent cast within a day?! Unfathomable Freak". I can see that he's being rather open about his envy towards me, as he's lying down and gasping the surrounding air from exhaustion of trying to keep me leashed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Whirring*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me however, is known to be energetic in my previous life, and it just happens that they carry to my life as Eynor, as I'm in the process making tinier but more compact Rock magic with many breaks in between, taking caution as not to fall down from emptying my Mana while sitting beside him.

 

 

 

Me : "Jealous, aren't you?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rudeus : "Very". Pouting with his rude looks, totally in justification since I only got used to magic as of today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Thud*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I let the spell dies down as I can feel my body heating up again and again, which is the process of basically training our inner life force to add up, similar to how we built muscles from pain and weights, resulting in getting bigger, stronger, faster, and its other benefits.

 

 

 

Me : "Fwah~, this is just as bothersome as exercising every morning, isn't it?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The aforementioned routines are also set as a goal, possibly when we both gets to be around 7, since not many kids gets to have harsh training on 3-4 years old, else they'd just suffer both physically and mentally until they cope with it. 'Unlike those gym kids that got buffed by the age of their early 10s, for now, I just don't feel like it'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He spread his clenching hands to the front, mimicking the most known superhero flying stance.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "At least we get to fly with magic, don't we?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Playing with my lips, bored from waiting from when I get to finish recharging my Mana, I try to guess if he's ever done that when we don't notice him as we faced each other's eyes.

 

 

 

Me : "So you've tried to do that?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He dodges my sight just for a fraction of a second, stuttering with his teeth before speaking up.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "N-no?… Ugh, maybe when we're bigger"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I sit back up again, as I come up with a half-joking warning on the spot in case he does plans to do exactly that.

 

 

 

Me : " *snickers*. Just bring me with you when you were to do so, else you want some disabilities before your spring comes"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Critters*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We both stay still on the ground, waiting for when Father Paul comes home and teaches us practical lessons on Swordsmanship.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "… Say, why did you reveal yourself to me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me : "Whatever do you mean by that?". I ask belligerently, since he just broke the solemn in the silence we both just had from this break.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He stands up, scratching his neck while looking over the distance, and looks at me with a discerning look.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "Why tell me the state of your previous death? I don't get what you're targeting at, but could it be that you want me to lower my guards around you, now that I know we're both in the same boat?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hearing his answer, which came quite close to the real thing, I lift my shoulders as to make him wander about the answers they may be.

 

 

 

Me : "Maybe, Maybe Not Too. What does it matter the past life of ours if no one gets to know of them anyway? Besides, it's not like we can go back to our time period, world, or a redo of the past, can we?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Resting his hands over the walls, he still has his questioning look at me, unsatisfied.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "… No, but still, what is it that you want from getting close to me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wanting to shrug off his curiosity for the moment being, I finally felt that it's time to give him a piece of the answer that's been bugging me out since our Reincarnation.

 

 

 

Me : "Just felt tired by you being wary of me all the time, maybe I want to have a genuine familial relationship, since I don't get to have a gist with any kinds of blood-related connection back on Earth"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He widens his eyes, switching his looks from curiosity to pity.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "Well… You uh, are you OK there?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I got back up, as I stretch my body and hyping myself up for the next practical lesson.

 

 

 

Me : "Nggh. For the moment being, that is"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rudy points out something over the distance, making me turn to where it is, and sees a little figure of a horse running towards the road leading to our direction.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "Sure did take him awhile from getting to post a request"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Resting my hands alongside him, I look at him, thinking on what should we do for now.

 

 

 

Me : "Should we continue with our own magic for one more time, or greet him first and ask for our things?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He pouts as he makes sure that he knows that he's disappointed by my act last night and distances himself a little from me.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "Hey, it's you that asked for the demands, not me"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I close in on him as I give off a grin while pointing at him, since he doesn't really get to be out of his own case.

 

 

 

Me : "Yet you still get to be included in the gifts he's buying or making, didn't he?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He gets visibly more irritated, with vein pulses being seen near his eyes.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "… You should know that you are such a troublesome kid to deal with, running out of the house and making Father go through all this trouble"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I walk to the exit gate away from him as to greet Father Paul from a journey back from town.

 

 

 

Me : "Humph, says the one who wet the entire floor of a room, making me curious on what kind of other wet tactics you'll come up with"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Fwip*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hear the sound of Water Ball being cast in just a second, and I instinctively dodge myself from being hit by it to the sides as I see it nearly hits me on the head.

 

 

 

Me : "M~missed!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Blubuk-blubuk*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unwilling to lose from being picked out, he makes a continuous, streaming water, as he has both hands with bigger forms of Water Balls.

 

 

 

Rudeus : "Khh, rude little-Come Here!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Barely dodging his water magics again, I pull down my eye bags as I look back at him and sneers while running away.

 

 

 

Me : "Ble~gh! You Can't Catch Me~!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rudeus : "Stop Resisting And Accept Your Punishment!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We were running around, me trying to not be grabbed by him and him trying to grab me, I felt that this might be what early childhood life might be, if I were to have a normal family in a normal neighborhood back on Earth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . .

1