Chapter 004 : What It Takes To Be A Braver, Part.4
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Point of View : Rudeus~

 

*Rustles*

 

Above the laying leaves, sounds of many moving four-legged creatures running with all their might to catch a certain prey is now being heard to some parts of the floras.

Me :" *Panting*. Shit, SHIT…!". While I was planning to run straight back to the camp after Eynor sent Laws off with Wind Magic from a charging Mana-mutated Boar, he kept his life afloat on this world as I am now trying to call out for anyone to help the both of them who are still fighting it.

 

*Wolves Growling*

 

Unfortunately, I am now on the run from my own kinds of problem here, but I and Eyn anticipated this turn of events the moment we see some birds fly off from the distance with a subtle quake on the ground following after we take some breaks in between our training spar. 'Dang It, Dang It!'

 

There is a pack of mutated wolves of all kinds chasing me, at least 4 of them, and they are packed up on their mouth crossing their razor sharp teeth and black crystalline claws.

 

*Frost*

 

The sound of Ice Magic from their side is being cast on the go, and I am now finding out the harsh way of why this kind of extermination quest is always done in a span of a month at the very least, that is to keep these living abominations at bay.

Me :"KHH…!". I hold my hand out as I jump in the air, and let out Wind magic to people myself further from their mouths.

 

*Whoosh*

 

Now being high up, I conjure in both hands Ice and Wind magic despite the exhaustion of my Mana and Touki in the low, and make many Ice Spikes for me to guide my aim at.

 

*Splatter!*

 

Having at least 3 of them dead, I plan on having a safe landing on the ground followed by Wind or Earth magic.

 

*Growls!*

 

But the biggest of them all, the leader, is now pouncing up in the air now that I'm falling, as I try to make an Earth magic to shield myself from its bite. 'Hope This Works-'

 

*Whir-Pow!*

 

The shield is now destroyed by its Ice magic that almost hit me in the face, as it opens its jaws for its meal, and as a last ditch, I exhaust my Mana for making Wind magic to propel myself again backwards.

Me :"SHI-"

 

*SPLAT!*

 

With my face getting mushed up with its insides destroyed by some powerful projectile, I wipe my face before seeing that the ground is just nanoseconds away.

 

*Whoosh*

 

And so, I release the Wind magic just now towards it, making the falling a bit easier to land myself for.

 

*Thud*

 

As I try to stand up straight from the fall, I look at someone waving his hands at me, running to me alongside the other members of his team.

Roya :"Rudeus!". He approaches me as he sheathes his dagger. "Are you alright? I didn't hit you with my Rock Bullet now, didn't I?". His face is all sweaty with genuine concern very apparent to me, but I am more worried with his clothes all raggedy with marks of a decent fight.

 

To my surprise, the Thief of Asuran Falcons' party knows some magic of his own, since I figured that he can only do some Reconnaissance and Surveillance or the minor things his team won't do.

Me :" *Inhales*. Y-yeah, I'm, *Cough*, I'm alright". His team is currently walking to us now slower since the predators are now dead. "I thought you were supposed to be a Thief that stays from the back, Roy?"

 

He scrub his nose off with a smirk on his face, like he has his hard work paid off.

Roya : "Well, I'll have to thank your brother for making it easier for me to launch out some attacks for the others". He checks on my body on the back, in which he gasps in surprise of something, that is my right arm from blocking the boar's ramming alongside Eyn utilizing Earth magic to form a thick wall. "Kid, you really are fine, aren't you?"

 

I shake my head as I grit my teeth in denial of the current situation the others are having.

Me : "NO I'm Not, And So Are The Others Back There"

 

He sees to where I came from, and his eyes cleared up with an answer ready.

Roya :"The Others? You mean your brother and Swordsman Paul's elf friend?"

 

I clasp at his hands as to beg him to assist the two fighting now.

Me :"YES! Me, Eyn and Laws got ambushed by a mutated boar just now, and I need your help for that!"

 

*Crunch*

 

Greg :"Boy, did you say 'Boar' just now?". The Hunter of Asuran Falcons' party lifts his eyebrows after seeing the hounds that chased me is dead.

 

I walk to him and his other members, and unfortunately, Paul isn't anywhere to be found within my sight.

Me :"Yes! It Was Just Back-"

 

*Rumbling*

 

The ground quakes from what feels like a big hit of a ginormous beast.

Me :"No… No, No, NO!!!". I feel restless, in despair of not wanting to know whether they're alright or are now tattered all over the place, and if that thing is coming to us.

 

Roya :"Sir? What Should We Do?". With their posture straight and determination in place, Roya hustled the others to stand by until their leader gives his saying.

 

He points Roya to the direction of the camp, which is to my surprise, is done with their own problem with many mutated creatures, floras and faunas, all over the camp.

Greg :"Call Swordsman Paul and some others at his command! GO!". At his command, the Scout goes back post-haste, as he looks at me before glancing at the others to ready up. "Go Back, Boy, we'll be going"

 

I nod and give him the way from where I trudged, as the hounds are being sidestepped from their feet, and off they go to the wilderness.

 

Since it is apparent I'll only be another weight if I follow them, I trace my path back to the camp, as I try to find Paul while sprinting.

 

*Whoom*

 

The state of the base of operation is a little wrecked up, with the tents now being torn apart or afflicted by the damage to some fight prior to my arrival.

Injures men and women with heavy bleeding at their bodies, but to my surprise there isn't anyone who is sticking by, as the ones who are Healed by some of the Magician or is up for another task, proceed to get out of their rest and pick up their arms of war onto the other side of the forest, which is having its own kinds of problem.

 

 

Roya :"Please, Trust Me, Sir! Your kids are now in grave danger of a mutated beast in the loose!" Behind me is some familiar voice, and it is, to my delight, the Former Leader of Black Wolf's Fang alongside Roya who is arguing over things.

 

Paul :"You really think there's going to be those things after we eviscerated the mobs from here?". He looks at Roya with a disagreeing tone, as he finally notices me, who is looking pretty exasperated. "… Rudy? What Happened To You?". He waves at the others who might just be done from a big fight, as he is still gathering his breath while looking at my wounds. "Rudy… You didn't fight Eyn to the death, didn't you?". As much as I recognize that he'll try to easy my heart, I can't contain my throbbing though that he can't see the bigger picture.

 

As I cool my head down, I hold my fists from wanting to punch Paul for now, as I need him to go to where Eyn and Laws are.

Me "Father, Eyn and Laws are fighting a mutated gigantic boar, and Greg with his party is going there!"

 

He widens his eyes from hearing this, but what I don't seem to get is that he sees behind me with despair seeping in alongside Roya, who starts to walk past me to my behind.

Paul :"You Mean, *Gulp*, Them?". He points his hand to our back, and I turn to see what he mean by that.

 

Roya is catching up to some people escorting two people. Greg and his party are shouldering Laws who has seen better days, and Eyn who is having his own lighter injuries being carried by Ethan.

 

I felt terror seeping in, the terror of loosing a family. The terror of loosing someone I've bonded with, despite the short time we've told our own stories from the past, is something that I want to treasure and keep with. Not wanting to see yourself walk on this world alone, as the other who you've trusted is now gone, and reminisce about the past while seeing your other acquaintances just doing their days like always.

I don't want to see Eynor, whether he's a Reincarnate or not, gone.

 

*Puff*

I feel warmth being tucked around me, enveloped by Paul's hands, with him trying to keep me under control as he is now hugging me.

Paul :"It's going to be alright, Rudy. Ethan here and the others knows of Healing magic, so he'll be fine. Right, Greg?"

 

None of them are being too thrilled about their situation, but Greg does have some glimmer in his eyes, showing hope.

Greg :"Let Us Go To The Barrack"

 

Being carried by Paul, I don't know what will happen to the two of them, I just hope that it doesn't end badly. . . Until we got inside of the tent, waiting for hours and hours on end.

 

. . .

 

*Ba-dump*

 

. . . However many times passed by, with the sense of time. . .  Lost. . .  Helpless. . .  Damned I'd be if I lose him. . .  If I were to lose Eynor. . .  Don't Go, Linap. . .

 

*Ba-dump*

 

. . . Please. . .  Don't Leave Me. . . Eyn. . .

 

. . .

1