Chapter 005 : And So Comes The Teacher! Part.1
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Times has passed after the forest incident, maybe a week or two, and our days of living our life kept on going without another big thing going on, and our relationship with Sir Greg's party is quite comfortable as it is until we possibly meet them again if Father Paul were to post another request for hunting those mutants ever comes again. 'Those bows though… I want one'

 

*Scribbles*

 

As I have my sling just on the drawer beside our beds and this notebook I'm writing at it using the Human Language which act as a Life Journal until I either replace this with another if it were to be tainted or full of ink. The difference of the modern-Latin and this world's literatures' font style is minimal, it's not much of a breeze. 'Perhaps I'm going to be learning the root dialects of modern languages out there, like seeing an Amazonian or Romanian?

 

Our days of getting to know Mister Laws' family is now quite relevant in our daily life, in which that sometimes they visit us and Sylphiette always looks for us but, it's pretty clear she is fond of being near her first companions in this village with how 'different' she is.

Sylphiette : "Apha… launch?". The little elf girl is sitting beside my brother on his bed as I am writing what has happened these few days.

 

For now, I don't sense any kind of malicious intent from him, and it's quite unnerving whenever he smiles behind her back when activating Touki / Battle Aura

Rudeus :"A-va-lan-che, with the last one sounding like, Shh~". He guides Sylphy through the book with his right hand, as his left is still recovering from the impact of us two shielding against that boar's front brunt force from back then, even after being applied Healing magic both from himself and from the others.

 

This goes for me too, both arms in fact, what with me conjuring a freaking metal arrow of my size with improperly focused Touki which backfired on me big time, and I have to be thankful Mister Laws isn't in the firing range of my 'Perilous' shot at that time. 'Gotta be thankful for the existence of Healing magic'

 

Sylphy pleads to his father, Mister Laws, to accompany Rudeus' daily life by going here everyday until we both recovers.

Sylphiette :"A, va, luwansh?"

 

Naturally, since the three of us got ourselves our own versions of 1st friend(s), I and Rudy pleads to our parents in advance and in return, we have this kind of lively scene going on everyday.

Rudeus :"Keep at it! You're almost there!"

 

When I look at why she is very adamant on being with us, I tracked back on the books on why this is.

Apparently, there exist something called Laplace Factor, signs of a certain Demon Warlord that terrorized the world ages ago.

The most common traits are as follow :

— Green characteristics and any colors that resembles it in body but most importantly is shown if you have Green hair as Laplace himself used to lead a certain Demon race that have those color in their hair, and it is not exclusive to the Demon race as Sylphy is that of Elf and Human from my observation.

— Large Mana-capacity, and this is pretty vague as there isn't many people we are able to compare the difference in which who have the most aside from the Adventurers we met back then, and they aren't nearby if there is any we want to ask for but I can already guess we two have ourselves included in this category, not so sure about Sylph but she might be in it too as she knows how to cast Water Ball with Silent Casting.

— Inability to use Touki, in which we both are thankfully not included in this, but we're not so sure about Sylphy, as she isn't knowledgeable about Magic nor Touki until we taught her so with practising them at the afternoons, and we both only know how to sense Touki with my previous experience in which I can't really describe to Sylphy as she is both illiterate and bad at understanding words currently.

 

Sylphiette :"A, va, lanche! I Did It, Rudy!". She huga him tightly so affectionately, like a girl not wanting to let go of her doll mascot.

 

Rudeus :"There, there, you did a good job". He pets him as the caring older figure, and she accepts it like any pampered pet would if they are told 'Good Boy!'

 

Despite him smiling like an idiot, one thing that I must keep notice of is that since we're about 2 to 4 decades older than the other inhabitants of the house, I'm quite worried if we are going to still be perceived as Demons outside of the village, as superstition and illogical practices of paranormal activities is more packed than it is from the Modern-age.

 

Paul :"Twins of the Greyrats, Come Down!!". I hear Father Paul calling out for our name from downstairs, near the kitchen. "We Have A Guest Waiting For You Two!!"

 

*Ker-chak*

 

I put down my quill pen to the ink on the table, as I drop and see the two of them already leaving with Rudy showing the way for Sylphy to go on first, since she will be a 'Lady' in the future.

 

Even though it's Summer, the weather is only getting colder, so it's possibly near the changing season to Autumn, the best season for me to make morning vapour water, which I still need help to being back to the house but at least some strength is acquired from Father Paul's training.

 

Getting down the stairs, we see the maid Aunt Lilia washing the clothes in a water-filled wooden basket as she nods to us as the employers' children, and we nods back to her before going to the door which our parents are waiting at.

 

Arriving there, Mother Zenith picks me up to her chest with me facing to her shoulder as she cuddles me and pulls my smooth cheek like a baby's bottom, and Father Paul have Rudy ride him on the back, leaving Sylphy holding a hand of Mother Zenith just besides us, before Father finally twists the door handle to see who it is.

 

*Ker-chak*

 

There stands a young and petite teenage girl holding a mystically majestic looking wand with floating dark blue gems on the upper parts, on top of her a black wizard hat with motives of yellow and white lines circling that hides her face and hair below it.

Wearing a buttoned brown cloak with some black and white colors over her white short gown with many dark colors and buttons.

On her legs besides a briefcase she brings with are black socks under her white boots that puts an emphasis on her white and pale skin, much so like a natural beauty like Sylphy does for her age.

 

She uncover herself as she puts her hat down to her chest, revealing her wavy blue hair with two crossing lines being tied on two braids, and her ocean blue eyes that shows some sign of hardships keeping awake, as she puts on a poker face.

Guest :"I'm Roxy Migurdia. Nice to meet you". She puts on a half-tired voice, possibly from the journey to get here.

 

She reminds me of the many Adventurers we saw from the forest as she holds with her a wand, in which she is totally a Mage in my eyes.

Paul :"A-, are you perhaps here for tutoring?". Father Paul stuttered for some reason, and I see him being somewhat weirded out of her appearance, in contrast of Rudy who's eyes are now sparkling with interest in her.

 

When the word Tutor and Magic comes, you'd think the likes of a Wise Old Sage walking hardly with a cane or a Gothic Brunt Man that doesn't warm up to anyone, so this one seems like it doesn't tick any of our expectations.

Zenith :"Aren't you quite… Um-"

 

As she looks like a cosplaying Middle-schooler, I figure a word that best describe her figure.

Me, Rudeus and Sylphy :"Young /Small! /Little?". Comes three opinions of the same voice regarding the little girl, with Sylphy hiding behind Mother Zenith for possibly still being shy of new faces.

 

She frowns as she looks at all of us and even notices Sylphy.

Roxy :"So is you three". A blunt reaction of her attitude despite her employer standing right in front of her. "Now, who should I teach?"

 

Zenith :"These two boys are!". She closes in on Father Paul as I and Rudy meets face to face which lifts his eyebrows twice like he found another person to learn and bond with, what with his smug look being implanted in his face. "We hope that you treat them well~!"

 

The little girl turns to face the handrails for the stairs that goes down before fading to our left.

Roxy :"*Sighs*. Yet Another One, that just because their kids got a little bit smarter than the other, the parents thought that their child is gifted". A negative first impression is noe being shown to us, as she isn't on guard with my parents letting her say what she wants.

 

Her words struck me like a needle in the haystack, but I decide to wait it out since I don't know what Mother is having in plan with her approaching the 'Tutor' with me in her hands.

 

*Splash*

 

She is thrown a Water Ball, which someone conjured just now from our direction.

Roxy :"Wh-, Huh?". She looks to who made her wet, and her eyes now appalled with some hints of terror turning to relief later on. "Uhm, what about her, then?… "

 

There is only one other that's currently learning Magic, and there's no need to ask that it's our first friend.

Sylphy :"I, I learn Magic with Rudy so, don't make fun of us!". In a girly voice and some stutters, she decides to reveal herself to Roxy with her red eyes glaring, though it's rather cute from my point of view.

 

Rudy puffs his chest feeling proud of his 2nd disciple, alongside Father Paul that walks closer to us.

Paul :"If, you don't mind… Yes, Please"

 

She is contemplating on whether she should or should not, as she scratch her hair from being irritated.

Roxy :"… Fine, but, won't they have some difficulty in learning magic theories?"

 

Wanting to show off, I breathe in a deep one for a short rant.

Me :"Classification of Magic, Schools of Magic Types, Rankings of Magic, Requirements for Ways of Casting Magic, Results of Combining Magic, and many others, right?"

 

Everyone turn to face me, with Roxy smirking as if her expectations are shattered.

Roxy :"Hehe, looks like this'll be worth it"

 

Her face makes me shudder for how similar her face is of my past Instructors on the army before joining the Faceless with the familiar faces again.

 

Roxy :"Well then, Students! Follow me!". She goes somewhere near the gardens and plants, as she waves at us to come along.

 

I shake my body for Mother Zenith to let go of me, and I jog to Roxy followed with Rudy and Sylphy for our learning session.

Roxy :"Students, Attention!"

 

She starts to provides her own takes on Magic theories, which is pretty similar to Rudy's so it doesn't take that long for us to interrupt in between her teaching.

 

Some Magic practices here and there for hours, in which Mother Zenith and Father Paul invites her to reside in our house as a full-time tutor, and it takes some persuading before she gave in and take up on their offer.

 

Sylphy is usually picked up at the afternoons after exercising alongside us even though she doesn't have to, and it's because she wants to play with us, a pretty normal reasoning of an isolated child now warmed up to people of her age.

 

But for now, now we go inside  as another occupant is living with us, as everyone in the house is preparing for Roxy's welcoming party currently.

 

*Ker-chak*

 

. . .

1