Chapter 1: Newborn Monster’s Growth (Edited Ver.)
155 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning sun begins to rise into the bright blue sky, marking the arrival of a new day. People across the land begin to get up and eat breakfast before working in the market, farms, or other occupations. Adventurers move throughout the guild hall, with many talking to their parties, taking on quests, or being one of the evil few trying to flirt with the female receptionist, getting slapped in the face for their trouble, be they male or female. (Note: gender equality exists in this world) After all, they are here to work, not to find a relationship.

The Guild master would be in their office wearing regular clothing for an upper-middle-class citizen belonging to the large village they lived in. Right now, She was drinking some black bean coffee with honey cream. They filed dreaded paperwork from various scout reports about E/F class dungeons and the rarer C/B rank dungeons. Announcements of new adventurers again walked straight into an obvious trap and other words and documents that needed to be finished.

 

Meanwhile, inside the dungeon we will be talking about, we turn our attention to the bottom floor, a plain area with soft grass, sparse trees, mining nodes, hidden treasure chests, and a simple enemy more potent than the area's living in. There were several deep ponds, and in one of them was an odd blue monster egg placed where no other living being could be found different than a few bare edible plants. The egg began to hatch, and four tentacles that were 6 millimeters in length burst out of the shell along with their tiny body measuring 20 millimeters popped out of the broken shell, which rose to the surface of the deep pond.

The bottom part of the body is composed of 4 six millimeter tentacles, the torso of a human, and a head of one, but it has ten strains of blue hair. The head of the odd-looking monster looks at the giant floating shell, confused, but their body hungers for food. So they begin wiggling their body towards the eggshell. They had no idea swimming existed, so it took some time to get to the eggshell, and they began to nibble, break it down, and devour it slowly.

The eggshell was gone, the monster felt full, and they began wiggling upward until their head was out of the water and started looking around with a curious look. Then, they saw something so odd in front of them that it confused their tiny monster brain about what it was. The screen flickers and crackles before a precise message forms into words that the odd-looking monster understands to their intelligence level.

System: Error....not registered in the system...calculating error...error fixed, and you are gifted with a status system. say 'status' to view it.

The message disappears after using some popping bubbles and pictures cause fuck it, monster kids like bubbles. But, it worked, and the odd-looking monster would wiggle around in a circle a few times before creating a few bubbles of water which translated to status.

Name: N/A

Level:0/5

Race: bubble squid (Newborn)

Threat Level: N/A ('Harmless')

Exp: 0/1

Gender: Female

Strength: 0.3

Dexterity: 0.2

Intelligence: 0.5

Vitality: 0.3

Wisdom: 0.2

Charisma: 1

Luck: 0.1

HP: 3/3 (1 every hour)

SP: 10/10 (1 every hour)

MP: 0/0

Skills: N/A

Passives: N/A

Racial Skills: Swimming Lv0 (Rank: 0), Tentacle Control Lv0 (Rank: 0)

It took several long minutes for its tiny brain to understand what they were looking at, and soon enough. It realized this was the status thingy that weird floating not pond mentioned.

The monster slowly moved its tentacles around the water, started trying to use that, and wiggled around to push. They enjoyed the faster movement, and it felt something in their mind increase, and other weird messages began to appear, which caused a Noise they did not like, making aggressive bubbles.

[You have gained a level in Swimming and Tentacle Control]

[You have swum around for 2 hours without knowing it happened and gained 0.1 dexterity]

They felt a tiny bit faster, but they would ignore the messages and continue swimming around slowly as the Noise and weird message thing disappeared from their sight. Finally, after another hour, they got bored of doing the same thing, and they began to get close to the ledge when they saw a weird-looking bug with a color that was not blue. They kept looking at it as the strange thing kept moving and eating for a few minutes before another annoying thing popped in front of me.

[You have stared at the weird-looking bug for so long that you earned the Appraisal skill. Perfect cute bubbly child. Very good]

It disappears, and the Bubble Squid would stare at the weird-looking bug for a good few minutes before something else that did not make Noise appears in front of their eyes.

Level:1/(Redacted)

Race: small roach (Baby)

It would see this minute information and question how to get it inside its mouth to see if it's as good as food like the eggshell. It went back underwater and began to swim around while looking for something to throw at it, quickly finding a few small sharp pebbles. They would swim back to the surface, and they began to fling their tentacles with gravel at the small roach, and while most of them missed as they had poor tentacle control, the cockroach, too stupid and busy eating dead flesh, got hit a few times before it died from a rock to the head.

The bubble squid would go down into the deep pond and flop 3 millimeters on the surface of the soft wet grass of the plains area. With little control in their tentacles, the Bubble Squid moved their small body to the corpse to quickly eat them up, finding a taste they loved making them want more of this small roach. They heard the Noise happen again, and multiple messages appeared.

[You have killed a small roach (Baby) and earned one exp point]

[Your Tentacle Control and Swimming leveled up to 3. You also gained the Tentacle Slap Skill]

[Your body endured and grew while moving in a new environment for several minutes. Gained 0.1 strength and 0.2(!)dexterity]

[You Leveled up(!) All stats increased by 0.1, all negative status effects were removed, and you fully healed.]

Name: N/A

Level:1/5

Race: bubble squid (Newborn)

Threat Level: N/A ('Harmless')

Exp: 0/3

Gender: Female

Strength: 0.5

Dexterity: 0.6

Intelligence: 0.6

Vitality: 0.4

Wisdom: 0.3

Charisma: 1.1

Luck: 0.2

HP: 4/4 (1/hour)

SP: 20/20 (2/hour)

MP: 0/0

Skills: Appraisal Lv0 (Rank: 0)

Passives: N/A

Racial Skills: Swimming Lv3 (Rank: 0), Tentacle Control Lv3 (Rank: 0), Tentacle Slap Lv0 (Rank: 0)

The Bubble Squid felt something weird happen to their body, like a warm and water-like feeling they loved, so they would continue down the pathway holding whatever this soft green stuff was. After a while, they would find three more small roaches (Babies) and begin tossing things at them from a distance, with their now Level one (Rank: 1) tentacles which remained unknown to her after walking for who knows how long. Finally, after a dozen throws, all three of them died. The now much stronger bubble squid quickly gulped and chewed down their bodies. 

They were bitten by a slightly stronger small roach (Baby), quickly slapping it with her 10-millimeter tentacles a few times in retaliation before they began moving back to their deep pond to sleep and put away her leftover food. Soon enough, they returned to their pond(at least that's what they thought), hiding the small dead roach(baby) under a large flat pebble before they began slowly falling asleep deep underwater.

(Their New and updated Status)

Spoiler

span>

Name: N/A

Level:2/5

Race: bubble squid (Newborn)

Threat Level: N/A ('Harmless')

Exp: 0/5

Gender: Female

Strength: 0.6

Dexterity: 0.7

Intelligence: 0.7

Vitality: 0.5

Wisdom: 0.4

Charisma: 1.2

Luck: 0.3

HP: 6/6 (1/hour)

SP: 30/30 (3/hour)

MP: 0/0

Skills: Appraisal Lv1 (Rank: 0)

Passives: N/A

Racial Skills: Swimming Lv4 (Rank: 0),Tentacle Control Lv1(Rank: 1),Tentacle Slap Lv1 (Rank: 0)

[collapse]

  

7