Chapter 6: A Pack of Goblins and Their Boss
71 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emicha and Terra found themselves slowly approaching a goblin camp. Roughly sixty goblins could be found working around the camp with various duties, including blacksmithing and taming captured beasts. Many adventurers have fallen to camps like these in the past. Their leader is a hobgoblin named Dusk who wears powerful C-rank equipment made from the furs and bones of night wolves.

Dusk (Hobgoblin): Finally, All of my work is paying off. Ordering other Goblins to build, grow, and the train has made us become powerful. And ever since I started killing a bunch of those night wolves, I gained a skill that makes those pesky adventurers easy to kill. 

Dusk let out a hearty laugh as they sat in their poorly made but comfortable throne. The goblins throughout the camp wore clothing made of either night wolf or rabbit pelts, and each one had a single copper short sword or a simple ranged weapon of some kind which are all in D+ terms of quality. These goblins (and hobgoblin) have unknowingly had their power boosted by the Dungeon Master to help them kill adventures for his benefit.

Now on the camp’s outskirts, Terra could sense what was going on within.

Terra: Now that's odd. These goblins have D- to D+ levels of equipment and items. I will report this to the guild when I return as this is quite unusual.

Sensing incoming danger, Emicha quickly grabbed Terra with her tentacles and pulled them both to the ground a moment before several arrows flew past their heads. Getting back up, they were able to see six goblins with D+ crossbows aiming at them.

Emicha: Is it time to fight already?

Terra nods as both she and Emicha get up and move into position to fight. Four of the goblins began running towards the bigger threat they sensed, which was Emicha. They were about eighty feet away from Emicha, and the goblins separated themselves enough so she would be unable to hit more than one of them in a single attack.

Emicha slowly approached one of the goblins while throwing her axe at another. While she did connect, the goblin quickly recovered from the attack. Meanwhile, Terra was busy fighting two goblins in melee with her staff. She was biding her time until she could get enough space to cast a spell and take them out.

Emicha was slowly getting overwhelmed before her sword broke. One of the goblins used the opening to deliver a nastly gash on her outstretched arm. Unused to the pain, Emicha’ fight or flight response was activated. And seeing as she didn’t have any wings, she went into a berserk state ripping and tearing away at the goblins in a blind rage. The two archer goblins fired at Emicha, but that simply made them her next target.

Seeing the goblin corpses as little more than fresh meat, Emicha quickly tore off one of their pelts before savagely devouring both its arms, bone and all. In her haste, she forgot to use [Butcher] on them, resulting in her body being covered in goblin blood in addition to her own. Only after filling her stomach did Emicha’s adrenaline begin to fade, causing her to collapse from her wounds.

Having just finished her own fight, Terra hurried over to her fallen comrade before using [Appraisal] on both herself and Emicha.

Spoiler

span>

Name: Emicha

Hp: 142/452 (Slowly decreasing due to bleeding)

Status: Bleeding (Moderate), Exhaustion (Minor)

Name: Terra Branford

Hp: 180/450

Status: Bleeding (Minor)

[collapse]

Goblins defeated! Emicha and Terra gained 2000 EXP. Emicha’s level jumped from 5 to 8! Terra’s level jumped from 6 to 8! Skill levels increased! The enemy dropped a treasure chest. 

Lying against a nearby tree, Emicha realized she had completely forgotten about her [Bubble Magic] while fighting the goblins. Her mind quickly jumped to looking at what her new status was. Meanwhile Terra would check her status as well

(Emicha)

Spoiler

span>

Name: Emicha

Level: 8/15

Race: Magic Bubble Squid (Younglet)

CLass: Bubble Mage (Rank:0)

Monster Core:(Tiny+)

Threat level: E+

Titles: Focused Learner, Self-acceptance, Goddess's Interest (Hidden)

Age: 1 year

Height: 114 cm

Exp: 689/1310

Gender: Female

Strength: 9.2

Dexterity: 15.2

Intelligence: 28

Vitality: 8.4

Wisdom: 9.7

Charisma: 14.2

Luck: 6.1

HP: 325/654 (70/hour)

SP: 100/650 (13/hour)

MP: 1050/1050 (144/hour)

Skills:Appraisal Lv4 (Rank:0), Butcher Lv5 (Rank:0), Bubble Trap Lv3 (Rank:0)

Passive:Common Tongue Lv7 (Rank:0),Mana Control Lv12 (Rank:0), Mana Shaping Lv12(Rank:0), Enlarged Mana Pool Lv3 (Rank:0), Dual Wield Proficiency Lv5 (Rank:0), Stealth Lv3 (Rank:0), Crafting Lv3 (Rank:0)

Racial Skills: Swimming Lv5 (Rank:1), Tentacle Control Lv5 (Rank:1), Bubble Magic Lv9 (Rank:0),Serrated Teeth Lv2 (Rank:0), Constrict Lv2 (Rank:0), Egg Laying Lv2(Rank:0)

[collapse]

(Terra)

]

Name: Terra Branford

Level: 8/50

Race: Half-Elf (Teen)

Adventurer Rank: C+

Titles: Apprentice Healer

Age: 16 years

Height: 173 cm

Exp: 350/880 (not accurate for number's sake)

Gender: Female

Strength: 8.7

Dexterity: 18.5

Intelligence: 30

Vitality: 7.3

Wisdom: 20

Charisma: 11

Luck: 7.5

HP:200/580 (54/hour)

SP: 60/500 (83/hour)

MP:200/2000 (1200/hour)

Skills: Appraisal Lv8 (Rank:0), Heal Lv5 (Rank:1), Smite Lv5 (Rank:0), Light Arrow Lv7 (Rank:0), Esuna Lv4 (Rank:0), Blinding Light Lv2 (Rank:0)

Passives:Mana Control Lv11 (Rank:0), Mana Sight Lv:18 (Rank:1), Staff Mastery Lv9 (Rank:0), Increased Mana Regeneration Lv7(Rank:0)

Racial Skills: Improved Stamina Recovery Lv6 (Rank:0), Adrenaline Rush LvMax (Rank:Max)

Terra and Emicha closed their status windows and quickly fell asleep afterwards. Back in their camp, the hobgoblin boss received a report of an adventurer girl and a monster girl killing a group of goblins sent to forage. Details of the battle were scarce due to the scout not finding them until it was nearly over.

Dusk(Hobgoblin): I will deal with them myself. Useless low-life goblins can't even fight correctly without dying.

Dusk puts his shadow gauntlets on as his eyes shine a bright mixture of black and red before he began walking towards whoever was causing trouble. (End Chapter)

3