Chapter 4: The First Power System
509 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just then, a truly massive bolt of lightning arcs through the whole city, and reaches the palace in a second. Marcheline watches in stunned silence as it violently strikes the tall tower near the palace.

This is followed not only by thunder, but also by the thunderous screams of joy from the entire city.

She looks back and sees that the merchants and the other commoners are glowing, wide smiles on their faces.

There’s a sense of lightness to her being, a sense of weightlessness, and then she realizes she’s glowing too.

A ping in her consciousness.

 

 

Marcheline

Age: 14

Level: 1/???

Phys ATK 130

Magic ATK 130

mHP 900

Phys DEF 50

Magic DEF 50

SPD 100

CRIT 12%

Crit DMG 150%

Effect Hit 0%

Effect Res 0%

[HP 900]

[MP 650]

[Skill Cast Progress: 0%]

 

Level 1 Inventory Unlocked

Armor Fusion

Weapon Fusion

Gem Fusion Locked

Crafting Locked

…Locked

…Locked

…Locked

…Locked

 

 

Soul Equip Unlocked

Six Slots Available

 

 

Skill Acquired!

Summon: Familiar Lvl 1

Summons a phantom of a bonded familiar, lasting 3 minutes. The Phantom inherits 10% of the Summoner’s HP, and 100% of the real familiar’s Physical Strength.

 

 

Skill Acquired!

Surge Lvl 1

Grants Action Surge to an ally.

 

 

Skill Acquired!

Passive: Purification Lvl 1

Removes one debuff every 6 seconds for 1 minute.

 

Marcheline sucks in a mouthful of cold air. She’s familiar with these skills.

 

——

 

 

A grinning Linda finds her a while later, “Hey, how was your first blessing?” she seems a lot more distracted than she was earlier, like she’s bursting to spill something.

“I got to be level 1? Hey, what does this mean?”

“It means you get access to skills and magic! Look, look, I just opened a dormant bloodline skillset: Rally and Stun. Though they’re pretty common, not everyone gets a bloodline skill. You’d need to enroll to the Royal Academy to make use of your MP, and it’s hard to get in. Plus bloodline skills can’t be learned by people who aren’t born with them.”

“It’s different for everyone?” Marcheline suspected this, but she lacks too much information. For example, the kingdom’s mage that wrote in the sky — that’s not part of any Hero skills.

Also, she doesn’t think that spatial inventories are common at all, but is it? What if the shops and smithies actually have someone with Fusion or similar?

Looking around, weapons and armors are separated by different grades, but fusing should just require three similar grade and class of items to make one of a higher grade. But the shop prices tell a different story — items one grade higher costs ten times more.

Either the upgrade skill is very rare, or it doesn’t exist.

“Well, skillsets are classified as Grey, Blue, Purple, Gold, and Platinum.” Linda generously provides, “Ah, but this is based on rarity, usefulness is another matter. I could join an adventuring party with these Blue skills.” she adds.

There’s a proud set to Linda’s shoulders, as she should. Marcheline remembers Rally and Stun to belong to a character named Yasmin, a very common, but also very useful hero. You could often see her on high level fights thanks to her low cost per skill casting.

Yasmin. Does her character exist, or is the concept of her character turned into this ‘bloodline’ thing? She has beastman characteristics, with goat-like eyes, pointed ears and patterned skin. Linda looks like a normal human, although… had her freckles been darker, they could be similar to Yasmin’s patterned skin. Maybe.

 

ch end

27