Chapter 3
173 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As these words are said, two black circles appear on the ground. Rising from the black spots two tentacles meet to form a high arch with an eye embedded into the top. Beneath, a view of a sprawling city seeped in a green film. Crossing the threshold the white fades to an ominous city draped across a black sky and standing on a large sigil the gate at my back. Upon the square are scattered stalls where a few civilians wearing dull cloaks stand frozen mid-stride. Wondering why they stopped I look down at my personage finding my avatar’s body. I'm currently wearing a black robe with sewn on symbols and runes and underneath I have a black dress that modestly covers the body. Hearing the sounds of bodies hitting the stone, I find that they have aligned themselves in a line of prostration.

 

“Please Punish us we didn’t mean to offend your Ladyship,” they say in unison.

 

Walking over to look at them they took off their hoods showing the back of six trembling heads and pairs of horns. I don’t remember picking demons as my favored race, Though besides that I wonder what I should do with this lot. I think that a small slap on the wrist is in order, keeping appearances are important you know. Stroking my imaginary beard made them tremble more almost to make them collide.

 

“As your punishment, you must wear your hoods down until the next time we shall meet.”

 

The trembling stopped as they came to accept their fate. The cruelest punishment one could ever make in the city without causing physical harm.  

 

“You may leave now and do show your face to all that you meet including me.”

 

At this command, all six rose to face me revealing women faces with ram horns and ashen skin. Soon they disperse to all corners of the square leaving me to smirk at their reactions. With nothing to interfere, I take in my surrounds. Buildings made of dark stone with hypnotic carvings line the square revealing eight streets to take.  

 

I open the map of the city revealing a spoked wheel city. Four plazas sit at the main cardinal directions; each contains a different important place. To the north is the area, to the south is the grand temple, To the west, is the army headquarters, to the east the Merchant market. All of these places sound like very interesting placed to visit, but first I should meet the leader of this city. They might have some quests for me though I wonder if this place can be accessed by players in the future, Though that will most likely will be years down the road. Moving through the streets following the line, it shows the path to a destination, up the main northern highway. I was slightly surprised by the number of cloaked figures passing down this road. Those I moved past kept a distance from me not walking to close as if I was diseased. Hearing the creak of a rusted sign I wondering to find the source and soon I’m at the step of a tavern. I can see the dancing shadow from the windows either side of the door. Wanting to see if the inside is as I imagine it to be I open the door and step inside. Once inside I see a cozy looking Inn similar to the way the popular imagination of fantasy Inn looks. I also notice several figures look over to see who entered. After a glance, they return their meals before stopping and slowly turn their head back to face me. Their eyes meet with a smirk of the devil. I came in to see the inside, so I quickly exit to return to the streets. These men would get to see her again but in their darkest nightmares and soon they would go insane. After a few more blocks, I finally saw the palace and was quite amused by its construction.

 

The shape of the build resembled an octopus in construction with eight spires surrounding a large bulbous building with spots of light speckling the outside. The gates were made with an obsidian looking material that made it seem almost translucent. Two guards were posted at the entrance wearing dark leather with a chitin looking plate covering the vital areas with pikes with a sinister looking guisarme. When in proximity to the guards they seem slightly surprised to see me but take a 90-degree bow to show respect. Then direct me inside the wall to the VIP waiting room though we don’t stay there as the guide me directly to the audience chamber of the ruler of this city. The halls we passed are furnished with gold and ebony fluted columns and a mirror-like tiling for the floor. All the servants we move past bow, and even some nobles do the same.  As we arrive in front of the door, I find a massive wooden door with engravings of an epic battle between the forces of darkness and light with massive armies below two figures locked in combat. Its unsettling since the one with the armies of darkness looks just like this avatar. These devs are fantastic, and the AI is quite responsive. The guards in front of this door also bowed then one entered to announce my presence. He returned almost immediately, and I was quickly ushered into the room.

 

“The Lady of the Abyss has returned.”

2