(Vol 1) Chapter 1: Pilot
1.1k 8 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: This is just a thing I thought of. If I get enough views and comments telling me that they like this story and want me to continue, I will. Otherwise, this is simply a one-shot.)

______________________________________________________________________________

*3rd Pov*

"Quirks, mysterious abilities that appeared long ago. They symbolized the change in humanity and the chaotic era. Society couldn’t deal with the rapid change brought on by the introduction of quirks. 

Villains ran amok and civilians bore the brunt of their crimes. Death and murder became common, and those who developed quirks were shunned. People with "mutation" type quirks, as they are now referred to, had it the worst.

The work was plunged into hell. That was until people stepped up to save the day. Vigilantes is what they would be called today. But back then, they were simple heroes who fought to protect the ordinary. 

More and more of them came out of the woodwork, and eventually the villains went into hiding. Society had finally adapted to the change called quirks. Vigilantes became heroes if they worked for the government.

A hero was a profession where you saved people and got money, fame, and power in return. Many dream of being a hero, yet only a few can actually achieve such a thing. Only those with powerful and strong quirks were chosen. 

Most of the heroes were emitters with cool quirks, whereas mutants were more commonly sidekicks. Those with mutant quirks were still discriminated against in this society even though times had changed, forced to work menial jobs if they couldn’t become heroes.

Most would argue that there are many pro-heroes who are mutants, but this is simply false. They would use Mirko, Hawks, and Kamui Woods as examples, despite the fact that they look "human enough" besides their extra appendages. (Bunny Ears, Bird Wings, and a Wood Face Mask.)

The famous pro heroes are the ones who, even though they have a mutant quirk, appear to be human with an extra appendage. Even in the Hero Billboard Chart, there aren’t many with  "true mutant quirks". (Those  who look completely different from normal humans.) Only those like Gang Orca and Wash can represent those with mutant quirks. 

People with true mutant quirks are looked at as different from normal and out of place. Even in this society, many things were not accessible to them simply because, even though 80% of the population has quirks, some people refused to change. 

Some things weren't accessible to mutant quirks, like getting a job wasn't easy, and some restaurants were not accessible. Many are driven into criminal activities and become villains.

This is why I believe that society should change and acknowledge that mutants are also human. Society needs to stop discriminating against mutants. "

Suijin bowed towards his class without minding the silence. 

*Twitch*

"Oh...Kay, thanks for that "unique" response. Does anyone have any questions."

The female teacher, Michiko Yoshimoto, was having a hard time keeping her face from twitching. Suijin was a problematic student of hers. He wasn't the kind of person to intentionally disrupt her for laughs and giggles. He simply said what was on his mind and didn’t know how to read the room.

The question she asked was, "What do you want to change in society when you graduate." since the students would be going into high school soon.

The normal answers that she heard were the simple "get rid of evil as a hero"  or "change the fashion industry with their amazing mind". She purposefully called on Suijin last to avoid the headache he was about to cause.

And that he did. In a classroom where there were only two people with "True Mutant Quirks," as he called them, he continued without a filter to explain how they were oppressed and needed recognition in society.

And her students, being teenagers, didn’t take it too well being called inferior or oppressed. The moment he insinuated that they were being oppressed by society, most of the students' faces darkened. 

And when he said that those who weren't "true mutants" were inferior, the number of people who weren't ready to smash his spray bottle head into pieces was two. himself, and his friend, who was the most mature among his peers.

‘Oh, when will the bell ring?’ The silence in the classroom was deafening. The ticking of the clock's second hand could be heard.

She could only put on her polite face while closing her eyes and stalling for time as Suijin continued to bow. By now, his classmates were glaring at him with their fists balled up.

Just when she was ready to open her eyes, 

*Chime*

Her bag was just behind her desk, which she had strategically stood in front of. The moment the bell rang, she grabbed her bag and bolted towards the door.

Her students, instead of pestering her with questions like normal, all jumped towards Suijin, who was just now picking up his head.

She made it out the door before she heard the first shout. 

"What did you say, you bastard?"

"You want to call me inferior?"

"I’ll show you how we fix defective products."

"I break the trigger of your nose and shove it far up your *bleeeep*."

She didn’t stick around long enough to hear the rest of what they said, as she went home and enjoyed her weekend, happy that this year was almost over.

*Timeskip.*

Two people could be seen walking by multiple houses. On one side, there was a tall, muscular young man with pale gray hair, covering most of his face and his eyes. He has six arms,(tentacles?). Each was attached to each other by a web of skin where their normal arms would be. 

On the other hand, there was a person with elongated fingers and a spray bottle for a head walking on his side. His arm was covered in bruises and his head was beat up. The top looked beat up and uneven.

He walked with a slight limp, indicating an injured leg. He looked towards his best friend with a mask over his face and a gravity-defying heir who was currently reading a book on their walk home.

"Shouji, you bastard. How could you just watch your best friend get ganged up on by his unruly classmates and do nothing? You didn’t even wait for me to walk home, I had to find you eating takoyaki. And worst of all, you didn’t even apologize. "

Shouji looked up from his book and glanced at his friend, who was stopped in the middle of the road. He had his arms folded and to anyone not familiar with him, his face and "eyes" would have confused them.

But Shouji had been friends with him since he was young because their fathers were friends. He went back to reading his book.

Suijin was forced to walk after him, but he still refused to talk to him until he got an answer. So Suijin did something considered impossible and twisted his head to the side, making it so that he was walking forward while looking to the right of his body.

"First off, your're the one who over explained Ms. Yoshimoto's question. Second off I thought that my inferior self shouldn't need to help you, since you are a true mutant quirk holder. Third off, I need to go to your house for the rest of the day since my dad isn’t going to be home anytime soon. "

"What do you mean? You are also included in the true mutant quirk holder considering you have..we’ll that. "

Suijin pointed to the miniature head that was currently talking to him."

"Oh, so you consider me less human. Maybe I should finish the job that they failed at too. "

Suijin looked at his friend, who massively beat him in strength and height.

"O-oh look, we're home."

A relatively normal two-story home could be seen, with the only thing striking being the higher roof and ceiling.

They walked into the house and put down their shoes before walking into the living room and seeing Suijin's dad preparing to leave.

"Hello, Mr. Shimizu, thank you for allowing me to stay over until my father ends his shift."

Suijin’s father looked at the young Shoji bowing and chuckled. 

"No need to act so unfamiliar. Me and Akrai go way back. He’s saved my life a couple of times, and I, his. Letting you, who I've known for your entire life, stay for the day isn’t a problem."

Suijin, who expected this, walked to the kitchen and got himself a glass of milk. He put his finger into the milk. Most would consider this unsanitary, but this was simply his way of drinking.

The skin on his finger-tips separated and the liquid disappeared into his body. His father was at the door after a round of polite refusals from Shoji and looked at Suijin before leaving.

"Oh, before I forgot, son. Your grandfather reminded me of something. Since you’ve reached that age, I should remind you to be careful of what "liquids" you release from your nozzle for fear of clogging it."

Suijin's eyes shot open and looked before finding their way to his dad.

"HAHAHAHA, I’ll see you later soon. Your mother will be home soon. Don’t forget to fill out the form for what high school you want to go to. "

*Slam*

The two boys looked at the door before looking at each other.

"S-"

*Sigh*

"Forget it, just come so I can help you with your homework."

Is anyone interested in reading more of this?
  • Yes Votes: 53 72.6%
  • No Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Do whatever you want, Idk Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Rick Roll Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Deez Nuts Votes: 17 23.3%
Total voters: 73
25