Chapter 7: An Idols Image
246 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recap

"Don't worry, I’ve realized that such thoughts are useless. You will never surpass me. "

Ah, so he came to the same conclusion as I.’ This was the conclusion I had come to for years, something that I already knew. And yet the shaking of my hand couldn't be stopped. However, his next words left me in bafflement for the second time today.

"Because every time you achieve something nobody thought was possible, I’ll strive to achieve more. Every time you do the impossible, I will work just as hard to achieve it. "

‘Huh?’

"I came here to tell you this."

Shoji stood up, and so did I. His height dwarfed mine, and so when he bends his neck down to talk to me, I get the feeling that I’m looking up at him both literally and figuratively. But now that feeling is gone, the look in his eyes has changed, and a fire of determination burns brightly.

"Suijin, You are my rival, I’m going to attend the U.A entrance exam, pass it, and eventually become the #1 hero. It is up to you if you become an obstacle in my path."

Shoji after leaving that bombshell just left. I was even more confused than when he came here.

 ‘Rival, #1, what?’

My brain couldn’t understand, but the real craziness wasn’t over yet.

______________________________________________________________________

*Suijin Pov*

‘So that really happened, huh?’

I looked around my room, which was painted with an orange hue due to the setting sun. My brain has been fried over the last few days. Sleep is what my body desires, yet my mind can’t stop racing.

‘Hero, Me? I saved a kid. Shoji’s now my rival.’

All the thoughts from the past few days that I repressed with sheer will are breaking through due to Shoji’s words. Not only was a bottle ache occurring, but the constant noise didn’t hel-

‘Wait where's the noise?’

‘The laughter of adults could be heard just a few minutes ago.'

Getting up and bringing my aching body down the stairs, I look at the desolate house. The place was cleaned up, beer bottles thrown away were laying in the trash, and the shoes that crowded the front door weren't to be seen. A note was laid on the kitchen table reading 

‘Suijin were going out to celebrate your Quirk Awakening. Since the bar that we were going to doesn't allow minors, there's $20 under this note. Buy yourself something and we’ll be home soon.’ -Love Mom and Your Grumpy Dad.

‘That explains it.'

I grab the twenty and pocket it rather than spend it. I took some over-the-counter pain relievers and sat on the couch.

'I'm lucky I can't taste anything I eat, I've heard that these don’t taste the best.’

"And next up, after we finish the interview of All Might’s that was taken 3 years ago, we’ll get into how much crime in Japan has gone down to a mere 6% since his introduction into herohood." 

*Tv Turned Off.*

"I wonder who makes up the majority of the victims of that 6%."

Sitting up while leaned over on the couch, I press a hand to my "head" and hold it there for a while.

‘Guess this medicine is affecting my emotions a bit.’

"It's contradictory; like everyone else, I admire All Might to the death. He’s cut down on crime in Japan by a major amount. Villains run from the mere mention of his name, and he’s the reason that other countries are hesitant when trying to do anything that would negatively affect Japan. He’s a great guy really. "

*Sigh*

"But in the end, even though all of this is happening, even with all of this greatness, why is it that people like me and Shoji need to suffer? Discrimination, abandonment, suicide, defecting into the lives of criminals; why is it that the majority of the people who fall into these categories are held by those who look like us."

I look towards the door.

"Can you tell me?"

My eyes looked slightly hollow, maybe tired, or confused.  A mixture of the three could be seen if you stared directly at them.

"Young Shimizu I myself can’t answer that question."

With a big pazass, a big burly figure walked into the house. The common chiseled features that anyone could point out, along with that strong jawline, his pronounced cheekbones, and bushy eyebrows. And the unmistakable short blond hair swept backwards, resembling bunny ears.

"W-what, a-all might?"

*3rd Pov*

When Suijin looked at the door, he wasn’t aware of All Might's presence. He wasn’t paying attention to the big shadow that played in front of the door, nor did he see the two stars of hair that stuck outside the window above the door due to how tall All Might it.

No, none of that was perceived by him. Suijin merley chose to do that and look in that direction because he had read somewhere that doing dramatic actions makes you look cool, and Suijin has a habit of talking to himself when he’s alone.

With that being said, the redness that crept up onto him could be from either his squeaky voice signaling he's not out of puberty, the fact that he stuttered when saying All Might's name, or of actual surprise and embarrassment for All Might hearing him.

All Might bent his head and then quickly stepped in and shut the door behind him. Because of the nature of quirks in this world, ceilings have been raised to the point where it's commonplace for people to be able to host one of 9 ft (274 cm) inside their house.

After the door shut, screaming and the quaking of the house could be heard. Suihin wore a hardened expression as he prepared for another villain outbrake, but the noise that came would get rid of such thoughts.

"QUICK ALL MIGHTS THAT WAY."

"I LOVE YOU ALL MIGHT."

"ALL MIGHT I MIGHT BE A MALE BUT LET ME HAVE YOUR BABY’S"

"KYAHHHH"

Such voices were going through the neighborhood as people ran past his house, no doubt looking for the culprit in front of him. After the voices disappeared to the point that they were negligible, All Might spoke.

"I happened to see your heroic actions the other day, and so I came here to congratulate you on your bravery."

Suijin didn’t hear the boisterous voice he thought he would, and if this was anyone else, he would assume that this person he was hearing was nervous, afraid, maybe even shy.

‘Suijin, What are you thinking? This is All Might, the guy that would rush into a building to save kids regardless of injury, he’s fought so many people how could he be shy about talking to me.’

And so the notion was discarded, as to whether he was right, 

‘Kids these days, He’s just staring at me in the eye. Is he judging me right now?’

Sweat was dripping down All Might's head. Of course, nobody but those close to him would notice and actually be able to find the reason. 

For some reason, everyone he talks to misinterprets his actions, so they would probably think he’s hot in their house and think its their fault.

‘If Nighteye were here, I wouldn't hear the end of it. He’s always going on about how my image is important and how a hero must have charisma, and whatnot.’

"How’d you find this house?"

It was only natural that the ever skeptical Suijin would be cautious about this guy calling himself All Might. Although Suijin believes that he is the real deal, he really wants to know if there's some secret website or place that has people's addresses.

The mindset of helping Shoji as his advisor in the future was still in his head, hence he wants to know if there's something he can access to find out people's information.

"I just happened to know the way Shimuzu!"

All Might was, of course, lying. Suijin’s father, Enkai Shimizu, happened to be drinking buddies with All Mights' friend in the police, Tsukauchi Naomasa. 

*Mini Flashback*

All Might had asked Noamasa whether he could find someone with a spray bottle head. Before he finished, Noamasa started asking questions.

‘Was that yellow liquid that you saw? What was his height? Stature?’ 

After he finished awning his questions, All Might asked, 

"Can you find him?"

After confirming his suspicions, Noamasa said, "Find him, I know the guy. Although I shouldn’t be giving our people's addresses, especially heroes' since that's technically breaking quite a few laws…"

All Might tensed, Although he could probably find him himself, it would take way longer than a few hours, not to mention that he doesn’t want to owe people favors. Noamasa actually owes more favors to All Might than the other way around.

‘He shouldn’t even owe me anything.’

All might feel burdened by Noamasa’s troublesome personality. 

*Poof*

All Mig…rather Toshinori Yagi who was in his one bedroom apartment had transformed out of his big form and into his skeletal like one.

Due to the change in body structure, his voice would too, and so he would normally be panicking if someone was on a call with him since they might be able to tell a difference, and Noamasa did.

"Ah, it’s gotten shorter over the past few years."

Yagi, with his weak voice, tried to speak, 

*Cough*

*Cough*

Wiping the blood off his arm, he spoke, "It’s nothing. I actually found a successor a few days ago. This boy reminded me of myself when I was young, Weak yet aspiring to be a hero, filled with determination and courage, and willing to throw themselves into danger to save someone.

The reason I want to find this boy is because my successor reminded me that there are those who, even while weak, will struggle and will still try to become stronger. And that, rather than like everyone else shun them and crush their dreams, I will encourage them to reach heights beyond myself. "

"A Successor, All Might, this is troublesome, not to mention this boy…Hmm"

Yagi internally sighed. Although he wanted to use that story to push Noamasa into giving him the location, the contents he spoke weren’t false. He really found a successor and when he remembered how that boy was treated yesterday in the crowd and his actions afterwards, he regretted it.

He saw what was happening, yet he merely thought, ‘This is for the best, That boy will be out of harm's way without risk of hurting himself.’

He wanted to redeem himself and meet the other of the two people who impressed him yesterday. However, Noamasa was troublesome.

He’s very strict with the protocol and is reluctant to ever call All Might for an issue. Although that in itself is an issue, whenever he does call him, he says that he now owes Yagi a favor, making Yagi burdened.

‘"Ah well, if it’s you, I know you won’t give it to anyone else. And I can get rid of one of my favors this way. Ah yes, let me meet your successor one day, I’d like to see the person who received One For All. "

The reason that All Might wasn’t worried was because his friend naturally knew his greatest secret.

(A/N: Finally, almost done with this so we can move into the next arc. You guys got some in-depth character analysis with Suijin, All Might, etc. As always, leave a comment, add to your collection, and show your support for the book, Enjoy.)

12