Chapter 13: A Duo? Trio? No it’s Dio!
123 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Recap

‘Wait….help?...Team..work’

Suijin took a look at the situation again and confirmed his Idea. 

‘That's it! It was so simple. I know how to pass the exam.’

-----

Suijin wasn’t out of ear shot to not hear what they were saying. Nor was he far away enough to not feel the piercing glare of those behind.

‘This is the right thing right?’ 

He looked at his longer than normal hand. Clutching it he said to himself,

‘It doesn't matter. There's not much else I can do, they probably already have a system that doesn't need me budging in and messing it up.’

-----

school. Shining light on those with these qualities is what the tests were designed for. How they act under pressure is what I want to know."

Principle Nezu took another sip of his tea as he finished  monologuing to himself about his evil plans. Aizawa got into his chair and slightly closed his eyes. He half paid attention to the screen.

______________________________________________________________________________________

*Inside the Exam Area *

‘Come on. Where are they?’

Suijin remembered the 2 distinct people he was looking for. Each held something that made them stand out, but he couldn’t find them.

‘Damnit.’

He paused for a breath and punched the glass on a window. After opening his eyes and looking at the reflection, he saw one of his targets.

‘There!’

He saw a pink-haired and -skinned girl with two short yellow antennas sticking from the top of her head and black sclera surrounding her yellow eyes when he looked straight ahead.

She was coming—well,  sliding in with a contestant in her hands.

"Thanks Ashido."

"Don’t sweat it. I just happened to pass by."

"But your points—"

"I’ll figure something out."

Walking up to her, Suijin calmed his nerves.

"CAN YOU HELP ME."

Well…tried to. He bent his head to the point that it was at the same height as his stomach. 

"g-get up, can’t exactly talk with your eyes to the floor."

"R-Right."

Ashido stuttered in between her words as a red hue built upon her cheeks. Though it was light enough that anyone who saw it would mistake it for her skin.

"I want you to help me with a plan I have to defeat the villain bots. I thought that using teamwork like real heroes do could be a hidden part of the exam and may even grant us additional point."

‘What am I even saying?’

Suijin was blurring out thoughts he had just come up with. Although he said he had people in mind Mina was the only one he could find. 

One person was that hard-headed boy who instantly defeated multiple 3 pointers before blasting off when the exam first started. T

There was also someone with tape rollers for elbows that could be used when trying to restrict the bot's movements.

That Kirihsima guy he had met awhile ago was also a candidate for a partner. But none of them showed up. 

‘I get the first two as they have great movement quirks and are really deep into the city, but what about Kirishima.’

When Kirishima said he was going to go, he immediately left. It wasn’t 45 seconds later when Suijin thought about teamwork, but by that time he was gone!

"I would but…"

Ashido looked back at the person she had been talking to previously. She looked torn, like she was going to break a contract if she went with Suijin. She obviously wanted to stay and help, however.

‘I want to go fight-’

She was excited to get to freely use her quirk today, but when the exam had only started after 2 minutes, she saw someone who couldn't fight anymore, and using her quirk Acid, she quickly brought him to the center.

But saving 1 person turned into another, then three, then six, and by now, when there were only 4 minutes left, she had helped over 10 students but barely had any points herself. 

‘I don’t want to waste this opportunity, but those team points make sense. U.A. is known for being hard to get into, so I doubt the test is as one dimensional as it seems.’

"D-don’t worry about us, Ashido; you’ve helped enough. "We'll be fine on our own for the rest of the time." Ashido was so stuck in her thoughts about U.A that she turned out their voices.

Although to them her thinking face which changed occasionally was her being torn between staying. So Suijin gave it another final push.

"If this succeeds, we should be able to save a lot of people anyway." Suijin added, really trying to convince her to join him.

Ashido, who snapped out of her thoughts, only recalled getting a green light from both of them.

"Then let's get going."

She pulled Suijin by the arm and they walked through crowds of people sparsely dispensed.

The quietness was killing her and her pepiness so to alert the busy Suijin, who was absorbed in his thoughts, she broke the ice. 

"Sooooo… What's the plan, boss, now that you've gathered me?Oh-yeah by the way, I’m Mina Ashido."

"Suijin Shimizu and the plan is…" Suijin said absentmindedly.

‘The Plan!’

He had a pretty good plan in his head. The angry guy would take his frustrations out on the robots. Tape Dude would capture and restrict their movements, while Mina would be dealing a final blow to all those who didn’t die due to the explosions.

Suijin didn’t really expect that person to listen 100% to him, so Mina was more of a contingency. While Suijin himself would be expertly commanding them from a safe distance.

He even imagined they were all in sea outfits, with him wearing a captain's hat, having a hook for a hand, and an eyepatch all in all.

Though that image soon shattered into pieces.

‘I don’t have a plan.’

Suijin stopped automatically walking for a second before picking up the pace.

"Eh."

Mina turned around, feeling an increase in the breeze Suijin gave off when he walked to her side.

*Croak*

"Ribbit, could you use a hand in defeating the villain bots."

Suijin still didn’t respond, as he was lost in a world of his own.

The girl looked at Mina, who merely shrugged her shoulders and pointed to her side.

The  girl had a wide mouth that dipped down a little, similar to that of a frog. Her oval-shaped eyes held large, black irises, and she had long hair that dripped down below her back and was tied into a big, pronounced bow.

30 seconds later, they passed another group of people.

"Are you sure you don't need my assistance as well?"

And so the duo behind Suijin became a trio. A frog-like girl, another with yellow horns and pink skin, and lastly a flamboyant boy with a pronounced belt and a "showing" personality.

*Smack*

Suijin snapped out of it when he bumped into a wall. 

The trio was so engrossed in conversation that they had forgotten about Suijin.

"Ah my head."

He looked up and saw two new, unfamiliar faces along with Mina in front of him.

"Mina, who are these people."

Suijin’s personality became a bit blunt as he was trying to get himself in order.

"These are Aoyama, and Tsu. "They took an interest in helping with the villain bots and followed along."

"I don-"

"You're fine with it R.I.G.H.T."

Suijin broke out into a cold sweat.

"Y-yeah It’s fine."

"Let's go in a circle and introduce ourselves. I’m Ashido Mina, and my quirk is being acidic. It's pretty self explanatory, I can create, manipulate, and am immune to acid."

"Ribbit, I’ll go next. I’m Tsuyu Asui, although you can call me Tsu. I can do anything a frog can do."

"Mwah, then I’m Next. Yuga Aoyama, I can shoot a laser out of my belly button, though not too frequently since something bad can happen." Yuga added at the end with a wink.

Suijin shivered a bit when looking at him, so he averted his eyes elsewhere.

"Apparently, the boss, Suijin Shimizu, My quirk is pretty self evident. I can shoot water out of my nozzle,"

‘No need to mention that first incident.’

Suijin mentally coughed inside his head.

"So boss, what's the plan?"

‘Now I’m the boss again.’ 

*Sigh*

"It’s not the most solid solution since there are only 3 minutes left, but this is what I came up with. So we're going to...

*Timeskip*

*Skiiiiiirrrrtttt*

*Sizzle*

Mina and Yuga turned the corner and started down the street furiously. Mina was carrying Yuga in her arms while also navigating around.

 Acid covered her feet while not burying her pink shoes. She skated around, unconcerned about the destruction of the gravel in her wake.

*Rumble*

*Pew*

*Pew*

Though it’s reasonable that she did considering that a legion of bots was close behind her. Nearly 30 bots were on their tail, and the number was growing all the time.

"oi *huff* oi, Mina…could you *huff* loosen up a bit."

"I would If WE WEREN'T BEING CHASED RIGHT NOW."

Mina was holding on to Yuga’s stomach while he was facing behind her, towards the villains. She used her months of training for this, and even though Yuga himself was lighter than the average boy his age, it still took a toll on Mina.

"EEEEEPPPP."

Mina jumped, narrowly dodging a piece of building in her way.

'Damn, a three-pointer. This plan stinks for me.’

‘For the first part, I need both Mina and Yuga, to go here. I need you to attract their attention and lead them down this path. Mina I’m going to need you to go at your top speed.’ 

She could still hear Suijin's annoying voice as she regretted easily accepting this decision.

‘I’ll need to ask him for compensation after. Maybe some cake? chocolate? Ice cream? or a chocolate ice cream cake. Yeah, I’m sure the pushover would agree.’

Thinking such she tried to ignore Yuga and his pleas for help.

Aoyama kept shooting beams from his belt while not looking too hot. His face was pale as he kept the attention of all the bots.

Aoyama's job was to keep all bots moving in the same direction; even though they have heat sense, Mina wasn't slowing herself down enough to compete with their top speed without him, but what they would detect is an attack.

Anything in the radius of danger to them, i.e., a beam of hot light that could damage their internals, would send them into a state of eliminating the danger.

The only problem with this strategy is that it didn't account for his flaws, which he neglected to mention.He gets stomach aches when he continuously uses his beams.

He wanted to throw up again, but he was afraid. Not of the pain, but of Mina. The last time he did that, she kindly provided a reduced poison that made his skin itch for 30 seconds, all while still barking at him to not lose his attention.

‘Why was I stuck with such a brute of a woman.’

"AOYAMA FOCUS!"

‘Why was I stuck with such a wimp of a man.’

Although their thoughts were parallel, they worked surprisingly well together despite a lack of clear verbal communication.

‘This guy is surprisingly useful, and although this is hard, I doubt it's harder than the others. We’ll maybe Suijin’s job is easier.

9