Ch. 12
1.2k 0 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When morning finally came, Xing Wu was already up and about getting his things ready for the day as Sol remained snuggled up in a ball. The little thing normally woke early to help Xing Wu wake up, but this was his first time sleeping outside so he'd fretted a lot the night before.

Stirring slightly, Sol finally forced his eyes open to look at Xing Wu while still snuggled up. "Is it time to get up?" he asked before stretching with a yawn. The young male looked to the fluffball before shaking his head. "Yes, the rest of the group is still asleep, so we should head out before they wake up and cause more issues."

Nodding, Sol shook himself as to help himself wake up before making his way to Xing Wu's side. Adjusting himself he pawed at the other's ankle before being lifted up into the warm arms of the other. Ah, being carried was still the best! Nuzzling his head against Xing Wu's chest, Sol let out a pleased purr while resting comfortably in the arms of the other.

After one last look around, the two then headed out before anyone came to make any issues with them, heading to the ruins to look around before the best spots were taken by the others. Sol kept himself snuggly in the arms of the other while his head shifted from side to side, looking around the ruins while sniffing the air here and there. 

So far there really wasn't anything to look for, only broken walls and a lot of plants growing around. A few clues remained to indicate that this use to be a temple of some ancient race of some sort. Though as for who they were, it was a bit harder to tell. The words were unknown and made hardly any sense to either of the two that tried to read them over.

The search took a few hours before the found a hidden entryway into what might have been the main building of the temple. The vines that grew on the stones did a great job of hiding it.

Pushing them out of the way, Xing Wu made his way inside while looking around the dark space that was only lit up due to the streams of sunlight that managed to pass through the vines. Pressing his lips, Xing Wu shifted to set Sol down before pulling a magical tool from his space before using his spirit energy to activate it, letting it glow with a bright light that lit up the darkness.

There were many broken items scattered around the entryway, some scraps of clothes that seemed to be the only thing left of the poor souls that may have died there, the bones have long gone along with anything else that would return to dust with the passing of time.

"What's that?" Sol asked as he saw something glinting in the light from the magical tool. He slowly walked over, wanting a better look, but a snap of a branch from outside caused his attention to turn to the entryway along with Xing Wu's own gaze.

Some muffled voices sounded before the vines were pushed aside again and the youths from before pushed their way in. Everyone paused as they each looked at one another, seeming caught off guard. Lou Mai seemed to be rather annoyed at seeing Xing Wu, but his thoughts stopped before turning to look at Sol who was standing a bit away.

Pressing his lips he thought for a moment before he smiled slightly, "This is our area to search, you need to go find somewhere else." he stated before turning to look at Xing Wu again, his gaze narrowing slightly as he shifted his hand behind his back while glaring at the male before him.

His attitude made Sol frown as he grumbled a bit before starting to walk to Xing Wu unhappy that their spot was being taken. Xing Wu didn't say anything as he went to grab his little fluffball so he could go.

Lou Mai shifted slightly, secretly activating a magical tool that sent out a light before it caused the already crumbling building to shake. He moved slightly so he was standing further in before the rocks began to fall, causing Sol to stumble back while losing his footing and tumbling down while the ground under him shifted, making him slide backward.

Xing Wu wanted to rush forward to grab the little thing, but a trap that had been hidden under the dust on the floor finally flared to life as it forced him and the rest that was still near the entryway out, leaving only Sol and Lou Mai trapped in as the rocks fell, blocking the entryway.

40