Chapter 13
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tejara woke up with her neck aching. She slowly sat up straight and rolled her neck. Mei’nin’sa, who was sleeping while leaning against her, woke up when Tejara moved. She patted the drool stain she left on Tejara’s clothes and stretched.

After a brief pause, Mei’nin’sa wailed dramatically, “Ahh! I can’t believe we fell asleep like that! I didn’t even wash my face last night and my hair is a mess!”

Mei’nin’sa turned towards Tejara, smooshing her cheeks into a goofy expression. Tejara smiled at Mei’nin’sa and reached out to comb her fingers through her hair, smoothing it out, “you look just fine.”

Mei’nin’sa rolled her eyes, “perhaps... but you know how skewed these men’s expectations are.”

“Nai will get you looking to their standards in minutes.”

Mei’nin’sa pouted, “no, no. You’re supposed to say that my face is utterly unsalvageable today so I can spend all day in bed recovering.”

Tejara beamed brightly, “you’re right, how could I not see. Your beauty is far too much today, if anyone saw your face today they would go mad so you should just stay here with me.”

Mei’nin’sa’s eyes shined and her nose crinkled cutely as she smiled up at Tejara, “oh? But you’re looking at me and you haven’t gone mad.”

Tejara leaned in closer, staring at Mei’nin’sa’s lips, “but I am mad, mad for you.” Tejara tilted her head and was just about to close the distance to kiss Mei’nin’sa.

Then Mei’nin’sa snorted. Tejara stopped moving closer and frowned. Throwing her head back, Mei’nin’sa started laughing loudly. “I’m sorry!” she tried to apologize through her guffaws, “I’m sorry but that line! That line is just too much!”

Soon Tejara’s cheeks were burning hot. She covered her reddening face with her hands and turned away slightly, “I’m never gonna speak again.”

Still laughing, Mei’nin’sa grabbed Tejara’s wrists, trying and failing to pull her hands away from her face, “no, wait, I’m sorry. It was -haha- it was cute!”

“You’re lying.” Tejara pouted, her voice a bit muffled.

“Tete, come on...” Mei’nin’sa whined and Tejara finally let her move her hands out of the way. Mei’nin’sa started peppering Tejara’s blushing face with kisses. Tejara caught hold of her cheeks and stopped her movements, finally pulling Mei’nin’sa’s face in for a deep kiss.

Mei’nin’sa put her arms around Tejara’s shoulders and tilted her head to deepen it further. Mei’nin’sa moved and shifted, somehow not really breaking the kiss for more than half-seconds at a time as she climbed into Tejara’s lap. She straddled Tejara’s legs, threaded her fingers through her hair, and grinded against Tejara’s thigh.

...Then a knock came at her door. “‘I’m here to wake you up, Lady MeiMei.” Nai’s voice drifted through the door.

Mei’nin’sa broke off the kiss, panting, and glanced at the window. The light streaming in was that of early morning. While this was a normal time for Tejara to wake up and begin her work, Mei’nin’sa was usually allowed to sleep until noon or later unless she had a client with her from the night before. She put on her best half-asleep voice and said, “why? It’s far too early...” Her brow was furrowed in worry, likely concerned something happened with Keh’dor’rin.

“You have a client.”

Mei’nin’sa’s worry turned to exasperation and she rolled her eyes. She kept the half-asleep tone as well as she could while answering, “tell them to come back at a proper time.”

“My Lord, please-” Nai’s muffled voice was cut off by the crisp sound of a slap. Mei’nin’sa immediately stood up, glaring at the door.

It slid open and in stepped the client from the day before.

He smirked at Mei’nin’sa... And then he saw Tejara sitting on the floor. He looked at her with hatred and disdain. Then he tilted his chin up and his expression turned haughty, “I will forgive you for your slights yesterday if you get out of here now.”

Tejara stood up and cracked her knuckles, “bold words for a man who can’t stop breaking house rules.”

Nai came in through the doorway, her cheek red and swelling, and hurriedly said, “Madam Minn gave him special permission.” She glanced at Tejara then down at the floor. “And she would like you to hurry up and get to your duties today.”

“But...”

Mei’nin’sa grabbed Tejara’s arm and whispered, “he’s not someone we can snub twice, especially without Madam Minn backing us. Don’t worry, let me handle him.”

Tejara made a face but relented, walking out the door. Nai scurried out after her and with a final, reassuring smile, Mei’nin’sa closed the door behind Tejara.

0