Chapter 19
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tejara laid with her head on Mei’nin’sa’s thighs. Her cheek was pressed against fine silks and she couldn’t help but rub against the material. Mei’nin’sa’s hand idly brushed through Tejara’s hair, which was just starting to come back to life and grow out. Tejara felt a slight tug as Mei’nin’sa’s slender, deft fingers found a tangle. Despite the mild pain, Tejara only relaxed more as Mei’nin’sa absentmindedly pulled the tangless apart. Tejara’s eyes slid closed and she slowly began to drift away into unconsciousness.

Until Mei’nin’sa shook her awake, curled around her head so she could whisper directly to her, “you shouldn’t sleep here. Go to bed.”

Tejara turned her head until her neck hurt a little from the strain and looked up at Mei’nin’sa.

In the dim moonlight streaming through the open window, Mei’nin’sa’s pale skin practically glowed. Like a pearl held in the shell of her dark hair. Her lips were quirked up in a bemused smile and her dark eyes seemed to absorb the light, absorb Tejara.

Mei’nin’sa tilted her head to the side, “what is it, Tete?”

“Let’s run away together.”

Mei’nin’sa’s smile turned sad, “this world is too unkind to women with pasts like yours and mine. This is the safest place for us.”

Tejara smiled sadly but raised her hand to cup Mei’nin’sa’s cheek, “alright... I’ll stay with you then.”

“Forever?”

“Until you tire of looking at my face.”

“I could never tire of such a beautiful face.”

Tejara snorted in disbelief.

Mei’nin’sa took Tejara’s face in both her hands and squished her cheeks. “You have the handsomest, most beautiful face in all the land.”

“One of us has men and women composing poems and singing songs of her beauty and the other is mistaken for a man frequently.” Tejara said, her voice warped by the squeezing of her cheeks.

“All those people are blind. I will never tire of your face for it is perfect.” Mei’nin’sa bent over and dropped a kiss on Tejara’s forcibly pursed lips.

As she pulled away, Tejara ran her fingers through Mei’nin’sa’s hair and said, “for now, I’ll believe you.”

“Believe me forever!”

“Fine, I’ll believe you forever and stay with you just as long.”

0