01. Accident Before The Hunt
37 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Grandias continent was in turmoil because of Abyss War. The Abyss war determined every fate of Grandias peoples. The 'White Hero' sacrificed his life and his party paid a big price to win this War. The Abaddon still sleep until now without sound. Each remaining country joined together to protect the west side of the continent. Every leader of each country met and agreed with this Alliance. Human, elf, beastman, dwarf, and other race reached compromise to make peace and wrote a pledge to decided no more discrimination toward each other race. The Abaddon invasion made every race become solid but there was an unknown hidden danger inside this Alliance. Many people didn't know except the leader of the country or high ranking official. I could only pray for my people and my country safe and peace. - King Gregor II Secret Notes - Gallinos Empire.

* * *

Ten years ago before Abyss War, Whitelake Forest had become one of the famous spots for its magnificent beautiful nature. Now the forest scenery altered by volatile mana flow. White Hero final attack changed the Whitelake Forest landscape. Every tree, plants, soils, magic beasts, even the stone transformed to milky white colored. Yet, some locations were different.

At least 2 location inside Whitelake forest still normal and didn't affect by unstable mana. The first one was a big mansion with healthy green garden around its perimeter. The mansion had grandeur and artistic decoration. White colored wall made from brick. Green yard and field with plenty of vegetables. The contrast between inside the mansion gate with the forest made it more attractive.

All of sudden, mansion door opened by someone, and two children ran to the outside mansion when the early morning came. Whitelake Forest surrounded by the scent of white morning dew. The first youth had an athletic body more than a normal kid. He dressed in adult clothes and pants because of his brawny body. He ran to the gate and stopped his leg. His brown eyes were shining bright like the sun while saw the biggest jar of dew container. He was licking his lips and gave a wide grin that could scare a stranger. Then he said to the other child with smooth pale skin " Young Master! wait for me! I will take white dews with us."

Mana had outrun Edgar little farther and stopped after heard Edgar voice. He remembered about the heavenly taste of white dews. Excited Mana said, "Okay Ed!"

Ed said in an ecstatic mood "I'm gonna make my water bags full of delicious white dews. la la la". He was humming and bouncing up and down movement like the rabbit, opposite to his muscular body. The muscular kid put his small leather bag on the ground while took out the water bags. He enthusiastically scooped white dews that delicious enough to be the most favorite drink for children and elf adult. White dews had a sweet flavor, nice scent and full of mana. Today was a happy day for Edgar. Considering they were hunting today and drinking the white dews.

During the time Edgar did his job, Mana sat on the flat rock with a furrowed brow and shut his purple colored eyes. He had a slender body with a good constitution. From his demeanor, anyone could perceive graceful aura. He inherited his father half-elf trait despite only had fourth elf blood. His face like sculpted by nature itself, combined with his mother nobility aura. Even his mother wondered where his pretty boy face came from. At least she thought it must be from her and not from his father. Although he had bigger enigma in his life..

After Edgar done supplied the white dews, he stunned when gazed at his little lord because of an unbelievable thing happened. Edgar showed anxious and worried face as he ran and shouted louder to Mana " Young Master!". Mana eyes instantly wide open. He cleaned hanging saliva on his face ingeniously and glanced at his surrounding with a sharp gaze. 
He shouted "Ed! Where the enemy?!"

Edgar gave a sigh of relief and he said, "Because of young master power, the grass grow healthy again." 
Then Mana stared at his surroundings and he saw grown up grass. He recognized before he closed his eyes, there was no living grass near his feet. Right now, The grass reached his waist. Mana answered it with an awkward laugh " Sorry Ed, I forget to wear the ring. Wait for a moment, I will use it right now." He checked his pants pocket. Within a second, he found the black shining ring without any ornament or pattern. He put the ring into his finger.

Edgar was blaming himself and frustrated by his mistake. He forgot to remind his young master to put on the ring. So he shrugged and said " It's not big problem young master. I will clean it out in a jiffy. I'm only afraid if it's growing non-stop then we will get bitter lesson later.". A chill ran down at their spine when thinking about the punishment they got last time.

"At least we will not get the punishment, It's still better than last time." Mana said it and sweep the cold sweat on his forehead.

Edgar saw the grass curiously and praised the secret of his young master. He said "It's really marvelous whenever I watch the grass and plant growing within a minute. It's like shortening the time for the grass grow. Mom said magic had only four elements and there is no spell on four major magic element that could fasten the growth of plants or something like that."

Edgar recalled his mother advice, always look out for young master and never tell anybody about young master godly ability. He didn't know how young master had this kind power because his mom said this was secret of young master. But he admired his young master inhuman ability. Edgar always heard her mother complained about why she couldn't stay with young master. Aunt Mary (young master mom) skin got smoother and healthier because of young master mana power. Edgar eyes moved and stared at his hand. His skin was glossy with milky white color. One week ago, he plowed the field when the sun hanged on the cloudless sky. His skin turned darker and rougher like an adult male but now his skin color changed. He thought maybe he influenced by his young master power. Every time he went back from playing around with young master. His mom stared at him with an odd expression and showed envy look. While Edgar distracted by his thought, Mana called him.

"Ed, we need to check our weapon for hunting. After the check is done, we will search for that evil Bolark." said Mana while gritted his teeth. He wanted go faster to the deep forest.

 

-Give me some nice comment or suggestion or critics, I've post this on royalroad yet lack of review.thx-

0