Ch-1: Rebirth
531 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raven groaned, his eyes slowly fluttering opened. Confused, his eyebrows scrunched up, as he could feel an intense pain rumble all through out his body. Feeling a sore numbness that prevented him from moving a single inch. He laid down motionlessly on the wet muddy ground, surrounded by utter darkness, inhaling the smell of dirt and blood.

His body began to suddenly shudder uncontrollably without warning and before he could register just what was happening to him. A sharp chilling ache ruthlessly pierced his mind presenting him an agony he had never felt before. It felt like his head was on the verge of exploding. Pins and needles hacking and pulling away at his brain. Slowly but surely hammering down on his head with no remorse. It was horrid, but as abruptly as it came, was abruptly as it left.

Panting with difficulty, he tried to catch his breath. The urge to vomit constantly gnawing at his throat, wanting to desperately be set free from it's hold.

And just as he thought that everything was over a second wave came and it was more excruciating then the first, and this time it was located in his chest. It was worse then a heart attach. His heart had suddenly appeared to have been engulfed in lava. Spreading a heat so hot his blood began to boil and his heart had begun to rubble. His veins popped and pulled one after the other, causing his skin to coil in. It was at this time that he had notice that his mouth was wide open and he was screaming yet no sound could be heard.

Then and only then could he now grasp his current situation, and understand just what was happening to him. A small sentence of three words past through his slowly fading consciousness.

He was dying.

Dying a terrible death that he had no control over. A death he had no idea how it happened. But somehow through all the pain the ending didn't seem so bad. He just wanted whatever he was feeling at present time to just stop. And he could in the end just be dreaming. Dreaming a nightmare.

He inwardly chuckled ironically, his breaths faint and shallow. It was quite surprising that a daredevil such as himself who had constantly balanced on the tightrope of death was now second guessing himself, when death finally showed up on his door step. Then again it didn't have to be real. None of this was probably real. But it felt real, every passing second that he felt his life leaving him all felt real. It was real. So there was no longer a reason to question it.

Quickly, he excepted his fate as there was no other choice to choose.

As swiftly as he came to this conclusion his eyes had glimpse a pair of navy-blue feline eyes. That were alluring and majestic but the pressure emitting from them were dark and chilling. Dangerously challenging anyone that gazed within those prideful iris's.

'Beautiful.' He thought bitterly, as he took his last breath, his body falling  completely limp. While his consciousness disappeared into nothingness.

Those mysterious blue eyes squinted as it watched the human in front it die. It had been watching from the side lines for a long time now.

In the beginning as it watched the other scurry into it's cave it had wanted to simply kill it. Such act was easy as stepping on an ant or swatting a fly but as soon as the thought crossed it's mind, something unexpected happened. With it's eyes Of Truth he saw the whole phenomenon.

The soul in the humans body changed. The bodies original soul had died and left, and in its absence another soul had occupied it's body. A soul that he had never seen before. A soul so strange that a powerful being such as it's self couldn't read it. With the ability to read the hearts of everything living and dead it's eyes couldn't read this one beings soul. And to top it off, the color of the soul wasn't white or a white tainted with the colors of selfish desire. It was an abnormal pure wolfish grey. A color he had never seen before.

'Interesting.' It had been over a millennia since the last time it's curiosity had been peeked. He decided to see this to the end.

Patiently it watched within the shadows from the time the soul had appeared to the time it started to fade away. And oddly enough, it wanted to see more of the this humans, peculiar soul.

Therefore deciding to save Raven's life from the threshold of death.

Taking a step out from the shadows into the moonlight that began to shine into the cave. The mysterious figure belonging to those navy-blue eyes were now illuminated in white moonlight. Highlighting it's tall, towering silhouette.

With hair silver as the element mercury, and eyes blue and bottomless as the deep sea. With skin clear and lucid, paired with a devine face structure with a pair of spiraled crowned horns. It's beauty was beyond this world. His athletic built stood covered from neck down in dark clothing made out of midnight silk as if he was a king that govern over all. Just the aura alone emitting from him press down dangerously and ruthlessly on anything and everything that surrounded him. Warning all those in the vicinity to not dare approach.

If a person had witness such sight they'd think they had glanced upon a legendary deity. And if Raven had saw this, he too would have probably thought the same.

With light steps the unknown being slowly approached Raven, staring down at the him with an profound gaze. Before piercing his index finger with one of his claws. Drawing three drops of blood he carefully hovered it over Raven's mouth. Letting the dark liquid enter the pink cavern with ease till his wound automatically healed itself.

He then crouched down and began to watch the miraculous show of his magical blood heal the human. He saw as an rosy flush color returned and rush into the others cheeks, the wounds on their body healing at a speed noticeable to the naked eye. Inside the body, the punctured lungs broken ribs and exploded heart all began to create new cells that began to multiply. Broken veins reconnected and fractured bones strengthen.

The mysterious being saw all of this with his eyes. Each tiny to big change happening within. But what he was really invested in seeing was the strange soul's return.

And it did.

The soul returned with vigor. Though a bit weak it was no longer a faded light grey but a steal wolf grey. The souls shape was joyously kept well together. Just like the first time he saw it. As the soul fully returned to it's body, the heart began to beat vigorously, bringing back Raven's life as breath spread through his lungs.

Seeing that all was now well and the other would soon be waking. He stood up but did not leave. Black smoke quickly surrounded it's body as he morphed into a small tailed animal.

Deciding to quietly wait by Raven's side until he woke up.

18