Ch-7: Brother….?
298 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fucking ill!" Slashing across ruthlessly, a goblins neck was cleanly sliced through. Kicking the severed head, Damon snickered. "Nasty little fuckers."

With disdain he lightly swung his sword towards the ground, using the momentum to shake off the beast's left over essence from his sword, then settled it back into his sheath.

Looking around with unsympathetic eyes, Damon gazed at the blood covered ground filled with bodies on bodies of dead goblins. He was very annoyed right now. Such disgusting creatures dare attack him, a domain swordsmaster?

How ridiculous. 

He had to dirty his precious sword with a level 3 beast whose strength couldn't even compare to a single hair on his body. How despicable.

He just wanted to hurry up and find his brother to return home in time for the kingdom's youth battle. He'd be damn if he only practiced for months just to miss out because he had to find his 'dear little brother.' What nonsense that would be.

"Lieutenant Colonel." A troubled voice called from behind.

Damon turned around and looked at his subordinate impatiently. "What is it?"

"We're searching blindly out here again. This forest is miles long and wide not only that it's highly dangerous. Beast heard of and unheard of live here. We don't know what we're going up against while we're in here."

"Are you scared?"

The subordinates face crumbled into a frown feeling a bit insulted. "Never."

"Then what is it then."

"It's better to be safe then sorry." 

'Safe then sorry?'

Did his own subordinate doubt his capabilities of protecting them. His ember eyes wore cold and unsettling. "You dare doubt my strength to protect you all?"

"N-n..no! I would never do that Lieutenant Colonel."

Damon gave a dull smile, hovering his hand over his sword handle. "You say you don't, yet here you stand questioning me." 

Subordinate opened his mouth yet no words came out as cold sweat dripped down his back. 'Shit.' That's not what he ment at all. How could he forget his leaders bad temper. One wrong word or move could at times set him off. Why did he dig himself a grave. He just wanted less casualties to occur.

Taking threatening steps forward the lieutenant Colonel looked at his subordinate coldly. "Such pretense of untrustworthiness to ones leader is an act punishable by said foreman in command of such perfidious subordinate. Therefore he or she is legally granted permission to take action into their own hands by how ever they see fit. As long as blood isn't split on royal grounds." His hands casually gripped his sword handle, slowly unclipping it from it's sheath. "Do tell me, what do you think your punishment will be?"

Death. 

It was death course. 

Quickly the other kneeled down on his left knee, his gaze downward as he put his right fist to the crest located on the left side of his chest. "Lieutenant Colonel please forgive me, this subordinate was mundle headed and silly to dare question any of your choices."

Looking down Damon said nothing as he unsheathed his sword and raised it. "Well it's nice to know that your capable of acknowledging your faults. But there is no place for those who aren't loyal and question authority. Such insolence is unwarranted within the Rosemore family and within Orrin kingdom." 

Infusing his weapon with sword aura he swung down his sword only to stop it an inch away from the neck.

A gentle voice of amusement chimed in smoothly. "Come on Dae. [pronounced as 'Day'] I think he's had enough. He apologized, anymore advances at trying to scare him and he'll piss himself." 

The subordinate gulped feeling fear grip at him as the tip of the sword stood at his throat as a small cut from sword aura laced the side of his neck.  He was almost a goner. If it wasn't for the other speaking up for him he'd be dead right about now.

Damon rolled his eyes as he glanced at a young man whose smile was full of mischief. Eyes a emerald green as spring grass and hair an auburn as the autumn leaves. Standing tall at 194 cm with a muscular built he lazily leaned against one of the trees. 

"Such doubting behavior should be corrected. Cut from the roots before it sprouts any further."

"I don't doubt that." The handsome male rightfully agreed. "But he isn't wrong you know. We are searching blindly. And to add they're simply tired from past events."

Damon knew this himself, he couldn't deny it but what else could he do? It was his father's orders and he has to comply. Plus he didn't come in here blindly. Do they think he too wasn't tired from the 3 week almost now 4 week blind search for his brother?

How could he not be.

Sighing he lifted up his sword and sheathed it. "You may rise. Do not let this situation occur once more because if it does not even my friend Eugene can save you."

The auburn haired young man with forest green eyes was Eugene, Eugene Anderson. A close member to the Rosemore family and Damon's childhood friend since four. Though two years apart they were close friends who admired and respected one another. Their friendship was quite close and perfectly fitted in status. As Damon belonged to the top 5 families of swordman. Eugene was an elementalist belonging to the strongest family within the top 10 elemental families. The Anderson's family power and value was no less then the Rosemore's. Both parties were of equal status.

Eugene walked over toward his friend no longer paying the soldier on the ground anymore attention then he had to. Throwing a strong arm around his friends slender shoulder he smiled. "Less than two days in and your already losing it. This is what happens when you take your job too seriously."

'Seriously.'

Of course he took his job seriously.. His family's capabilities were being questioned and he couldn't disappoint them especially his father. This mission was of importance. As much as he valued his followers he had no space or care for the weak, scared, or useless.

Eugene being the carefree unburden person that he was, wouldn't likely understand. 

And because of that Damon wanted to kick this annoying friend of his all the way to Rain continent to drown in water and sorrow. Shrugging off the unwanted arm he rolled his eyes once more and walked ahead blatantly ignoring the other. 

Eugene gave a sheepish smile not at all offended and quickly followed after.

Damon hadn't gotten far though before he heard a soft voice call him from within the bushes in front him. A young youth with long black hair, marine blue eyes and glowy pale skin deeply stared at him then called out in confusion. "Brother....?"

'Well I'd be damned.' The Lieutenant Colonel surprisingly thought. 'The little rascal was still alive.'

11