Chapter 10
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

2.7 kg of Pork (Smoked)

5 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony

Spare Clothing

Bow+Quiver (25 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

12 Silvers, 37 Coppers

Shadowmoon

1kg of Wolf Meat 

Black Leather Gloves

“Under The Orders of The Baron of Ulton, please follow me to the crime scene, no one leaves the city until this murder has been solved.”

“Thank you, Sir, I will be leaving you now to go investigate this.”

“Understandable Young Lady, if you are one of the main contributors in solving this murder, the Guild wouldn't mind promoting you to Silver.”

“Understood Sir, I will see you later.”

Feyte walks out of the Guild, following the guard, as she walks along, somebody taps her on the shoulder.

“Look Feyte, don’t react or say anything, i'm going to say some things and I need you to just nod your head or shake your head depending on if you know, you got me?”

Feyte Nods in understanding to Claud.

“Have you noticed that we are heading in the direction of the Inn we stayed at today? It seems oddly suspicious, don’t you think?”

Nodding in agreement, Feyte continues walking, following the guard alongside the few other adventurers that were still in the guild.

“Did you notice that those goblins back at the inn were paying too much attention to those dwarves to just be annoyed? It almost seemed like they were following them, I have a feeling that they could be involved in this.”

Nodding in agreement, Feyte starts paying attention to the other adventurers that were at the guild. First, there are the two humans, one with a Shield, seeming like they are the defensive type of fighter, having unkempt brown hair. The person with them, seeming a lot cleaner then the first one, the lady has two scimitars on her back.

Next, Feyte turns to look at the Giant of a man, an ogre, towering over the rest of the adventurers, the Ogre being easily 3x the size of a adult human, the Ogre seems to be carrying a giant club, which seems like it would quite literally squish someone as long as he put in a bit of force.

Turning to the last adventurer, Feyte turns to look at the final adventurer that's joined them, A lady with fully white hair alongside what seems to be fox ears alongside her tail, in her hands, she is holding a staff, seemingly showing off the fact that she primarily uses magic to fight.

“Alright, we have arrived, nobody has been allowed into the scene, look around and tell me what you can tell from the crime scene.”

Moving out of the way, the Guard shows the adventurers the crime scene, the alleyway looks like there was a massacre, blood painting one of the walls, almost like the bricks of the building themselves are bleeding. On the ground are two dead bodies, Dwarves, one of them has a lot of stab wounds alongside what seems to be a bolt coming out of his chest, likely the finishing blow.

The other body seems to have been bludgeoned to death, most likely where the blood on the wall comes from considering that the body is slumped up against the wall.

“You guys go first…” The Fox Lady says as she starts backing away, seemingly terrified of what happened here.

Shrugging, the Ogre goes to walk in before having another look and realising he can't fit into the alley, so he just sits down.

Seeing this, the Man with the shield, starts walking into the alley followed by his companion, Feyte following them into the alley while the guard watches.

Going over to the body slumped against the wall, Feyte lifts the body's head to have a look at the dwarf, seeing the face, Feyte wants to be surprised, but she had a feeling, the dwarf was at the inn. 

Going over to the other dwarf, Feyte looks at his face, sure enough it's the other dwarf from the inn. 

“Why are you looking at their faces, do you recognise them or something?”

Looking over to the sound of the voice, Feyte notices the Scimitar lady looking over to her, hands ready at our blades to draw them at any moment.

“Yes, I do, I saw them at my inn this morning, they were arguing over which beer was better, it was an interesting argument to say the least”

“At your Inn?” The Lady seems to relax as she realises why Feyte seems to have been checking.

Tapping on Feytes shoulder, still invisible, Claud cancels his spell, with all the other adventurers tensing up as he does so and drawing their weapons, considering a man just appeared out of nowhere.

“Now, calm down, I'm one of you guys, I just wanted some privacy as I did some investigating of the crime scene.

First, I can say that they seem to have been robbed, however, I did find one thing on the bodies, and I'm assuming it's the reason the baron decided to close down the city until the culprit has been found.”

Claud pulls out an ornate amulet with an anvil in front of a moon, on the other side of the amulet, there is a name alongside some other information, after showing the amulet, Claud Continues explaining.

“This, is the Dwarven symbol of an ambassador, meaning that, this was not just a murder, it was the murder of a Dwarven Ambassador.”

Realising this, the other adventurers seem shocked that this is as important as it is. Feyte turns to look at Claud, surprised that these dwarves had such a high status considering how they were almost arguing like children earlier back at the inn.

“You guys search for clues here, me and this little lady will go back to the inn we were in to investigate there, see if there's anything left there.”

Claud leads the way back to the inn as Feyte follows, taking all the shortcuts as Claud seems to know the city well, arriving back at the Inn, Claud goes up to the front desk.

“Miss, we meet again, this might sound strange to you, but we need access to the rooms which two dwarves stayed in last night.”

“Why, what's happened, surely it won't impact my operations?”

“Well, I know this will shock you Miss, but they’re dead.”

“What? Dead, they were fine when they left, you don't mean that…”

“Yes, I do, they were murdered, we would like access to their rooms to investigate this crime and see if there are any clues in their rooms.”

“I can't believe you with no evidence, how do I know you aren't trying to steal from them?”

Claud sighs before pulling out his platinum tag, showing his status in the adventurer's guild. The Lady at the counter is shocked, before handing them two keys.

“They were in Room 1 and Room 2, first rooms by the stairs, they seemed like they were in a hurry after all.”

“Thank you, sorry that this has happened, I hope it doesn't affect your business

Come On Feyte, let's go to their rooms, you go to room 2, i’ll check room 1.”

Claud hands Feyte the Key with a 2 on it, before heading up the stairs and going into room 1, already in there before Feyte has even gotten to the stairs considering the sound of the door closing.

Feyte heads up the stairs before going to the room labeled 2 and opening it with the key. Opening the room, the room seems as though it's been ransacked, almost as though someone was searching for something, but they didn't know where it was.

Feyte looks around at some of the papers scattered around the room, they seem like blueprints almost, looking through them, Feyte can't work out what they are for, as Feyte is trying to work it out, there's a knock on the door before the door opens, Claud walks in.

“You find anything, cause I got nothing”

Feyte just turns around and shows the papers in her hand before she gestures at the state of the room.

“Even if I found anything, they found what they were looking for first, but I did find what seems to be blueprints”

“Let me have a look at those”

Claud snatches the papers from Feyte’s hand before going through them all and noting what they are.

“Feyte, it would seem that this is even worse than we thought. Some of these blueprints seem to be weapon blueprints, I think, they might have been on the way to discuss an arms trade.

We should go back and report our findings.”

As Claud says this, there seems to be a ruffling from the other room, heading back to the other room, Claud opens it before seeing a cloaked figure jumping out the window, seemingly having realised that he has been discovered upon hearing the hurried footsteps.

“Feyte, we're chasing him, come on, let's go!”

Feyte heads to the window, before jumping out, following the cloaked figure alongside Claud.

 

1