Chapter 15
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

2.7 kg of Pork (Smoked) (Left At Guild)

5 Loaves Of Bread (Left At Guild)

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony (Left At Guild)

Spare Clothing (Left At Guild)

Bow+Quiver (23 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Copper)

12 Silvers, 37 Coppers (Left At Guild)

Shadowmoon

1kg of Wolf Meat (Left At Guild)

Black Leather Gloves

Upon entering the room, the Crossbow is fired at the door, trying to catch the party off guard, Claud side steps, causing the bolt to miss and break upon hitting Sheva. 

A Raspy voice emerges from the Tallest Hooded figure “Kill Them, look what they have done to our parish.”

Sheva charges forward and engages the Mace Wielding figure who is using a defensive stance. Sheva swings her sword upon which the mace wielding figure blocks with his mace. The Dagger wielding figure charges in using this opportunity where they are in a stalemate. He jumps off of the other goblins back in an attempt to get to Sheva, Sheva quickly breaks apart from the stalemate before shield bashing the jumping goblin back, using the opportunity that he is in the air, Feyte fires an arrow from her bow, which the Goblin spins and dodges narrowly, the arrow tearing into his robe although not actually harming him.

Meanwhile, Claud charges at the Musket wielding Goblin who fires a shot out of his musket, the shot flies blazing through the air at a fast speed, Claud narrowly attempting to dodge it, but due to the angle, Claud swings his dagger up to block the Cartridge, the Dagger shattering upon the impact, with the cartridge losing all of its momentum. The Figure chucks the musket to the side as Claud grabs another dagger from his belt, realising he won't have enough time to reload, before pulling out an axe and preparing for a close fight.

A bolt flies out of nowhere as Feyte fires another shot at the dagger Goblin, the bolt narrowly missing due to Feyte moving to get a better angle, meanwhile the arrow flies and hits the goblin in the shoulder, to which he flinches before charging back to the frontline as he pulls the arrow out of his wound. Another bolt flies, this time heading for Claud, Claud sidesteps the Axe before stabbing his daggers into the sides of the Goblin, grabbing him and using him as a shield against the bolt which proceeds to hit him in the neck, the goblin clutches his throat as he falls to the ground gurgling.

The Tall Figure clicks his tongue as he notices this before pulling out a rapier with his free hand as he lines up another shot, as Claud starts charging towards him.

Swinging her sword, Sheva blocks the Dagger Goblins swing as the mace goblin hits her shield, Sheva bashes back the mace wielder to which he is knocked back. The Dagger Goblin attempts to back off as Sheva kicks his arm, knocking his dagger aside as she swings again and cuts straight into his chest. The Goblin staggers back and falls to the ground.

Claud narrowly dodges another bolt sent his way as the elf starts backing up towards the two hostages as his hood falls back, revealing the figure to be a Shadow Elf. Clicking his tongue in frustration upon realising a throwing dagger may hit one of the two hostages, Claud starts running towards the Target before hitting a barrier which the figure passed through seamlessly.

Meanwhile, Feyte has fired another arrow at the mace Goblin as Sheva knocks him back with her shield, causing the goblin to stagger and not notice the arrow as it hits him in the ear, causing him to collapse to the ground.

A loud grunt emerges from the location of the hostages as Dak falls off his chair with a dagger in his back before a staff smashes into his head. Feyte looks over at the sounds to see Cayoth pulling out a handkerchief which he starts wiping the blood off his staff with.

“Well, annoyingly, these pawns were not able to deal with you at all, and you actually destroyed our Parish, thankfully our plans were accomplished, although sadly not to their full potential, still I have to appreciate that you asked for reinforcements from the guild, otherwise how could I have infiltrated the party and gotten rid of this one.

Anyway, for The Agency, I must bid you farewell, Folen, come here, we may have lost this Parish, but we accomplished what we sought to.”

The Barrier disappears as Cayoth teleports away with Folen in tow as the barrier crumbles.

“DAMNIT, ok, let's clear the other side and then we will head back to the guild and report our findings, Sheva, lead the way.”

Going back from whence they came, they arrive back at the main hall, and go to the doors on the opposite side of the hall, upon opening the door, another hallway is seen. They start heading down the empty hallway with occasional torches and finding a dead end.

Feyte looks around, curious on why it would be a dead end when some of the members of the Parish came from here.

“I expect that there is a secret passage here, it makes no sense otherwise that they would have come from here and why this hallway would be here if there is nothing here in the first place.” 

“Indeed Claud, any ideas on how to open this passage.”

“I have my suspicions, let me test them.”

Heading over to the Sconce on the wall, Claud pulls on the torch, and nothing happens, he then proceeds to try to take the torch out from the sconce, before jumping back.

“Fuck, that burnt my hand, you guys got any better ideas?”

“Maybe just put the torch out?” Sheva replies.

“That feels too simple though, that surely can't be it.”

“I mean Claud, they are Chaos Cultists, do you really expect things to be complicated?”

Claud calmly pulls out his waterskin before pouring the water on the torch. Upon the Torch being extinguished, Mechanisms start churning before the wall starts opening up, revealing a set of stairs.

“I told you Claud, it would be simple, did you really think you were gonna have to do something else with the torch?”

Claud looks away at the stairs before pulling out some flint and relighting the torch, closing the secret passage.

“Let's go Grab Dak’s body and bring it back to the guild, we will see where this takes us on the way out.”

Heading back and grabbing Dak’s Corpse while Claud puts all the weapons within his storage as they go, they head back to the stairway before extinguishing the Torch once again.

“Sheva, Lead the way, they may have more members up there, most likely they have left, but there may be more up there.”

Nodding, Sheva proceeds up the stairs, prepared for any dangers that may appear, sword at the ready, the stairs seem in disrepair, seemingly not having been fixed in recent times. The Sconces are completely devoid of Torches that could be used, and the lighting is only being provided by the Torch which Claud is carrying.

As they near the top of the stairs, the lights seem to be coming through the ceiling haphazardly, arriving at the top, the entrance seems to be blocked off by something.

“Sheva, can you get this out of the way, from how damaged this stairway is, I doubt that there is anybody to guard it.”

Sheva takes a few steps back before giving Claud her sword as he puts Down Dak’s Body, she charges at the blockage before smashing it with her shield with the object getting destroyed with the rubble flying everywhere as it is revealed to be a rock. On the other side of the Blockage, the sun shines brightly, the passage opens into a dark isolated alleyway. The Party heads to the street before looking around to see where they are.

“I recognise here, we're only one street away from the Guild, that's awfully convenient, let's head over.”

Going Back and grabbing Dak’s body, Claud leads the party over to the guild before pushing the door open angrily as people look at them in shock and horror considering the state of the corpse which they are carrying.

“ELLISAR, I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU AND YOU BETTER ANSWER THEM”

 

1