Chapter 21
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supply List:

1.4 kg of Pork (Smoked) 

3 Loaves Of Bread

A Dirk

Map Of The Barony Of Ulton

Spare Clothing 

Bow+Quiver (14 arrows)

Adventurer Identification (Silver)

26 Silvers, 37 Coppers 

Shadowmoon

Black Leather Gloves

Map Of The City Of Riverglen

 

Feyte opens her eyes and looks around, noticing a familiar void as she looks around. The lone house in the distance calls to Feyte as she looks around, Feyte slowly approaches the familiar small house. The house seems to be different from before, the flower boxes out front of the house seem more vibrant than before. The house's colour seems to be coming back, the house seemingly darkening from when Feyte last saw it while turning towards a Fuschia colouring. 

Feyte walks up to the familiar Glass door before she knocks on the door. The door opens alongside a voice calling out.

“Well, you knocked this time, at least you understand your errors from last time, although welcome back child, it's been sometime since we last spoke, come let us have a talk, I've been wanting to see you since you met Thyrius after all.”

Feyte realises that Velvet seems different from when Feyte last saw her. The bandaged arm seems to have recovered, although the arm still looks different compared to the rest of her features, seeming almost beastlike, the arm has a velvet hue to it in its pure black colouring. Her clothing seems in much better condition than last time, no longer tattered, in a pure black dress, the dress accentuating her golden eyes by the pure contrast between them.

“Now, as I said, I wanted to talk to you, your fate is far more important than you may ever imagine. Afterall, I'm only looking after you for a favour, that is what led Thyrius to be here, I may have nudged his adventures in this direction. I would be disappointed if you don't know who I am at this point.

Ah, and you have Shadowmoon in your possession, I haven't seen that weapon for centuries, it would seem that Ydall’s plans are coming to fruition. Now there are other things that I could tell you, but I wouldn't want to ruin all the surprises that you are bound to have in life. Although is there anything that you want to ask me?”

“I, last time you said that my origins are greater than I imagined, is this related to why sometimes the world seems to lose all colour?”

“Yes, I won't go into the specifics, but due to your lineage, you have the natural ability to see into the spirit realm, although I would understand your concerns about it since you can't control it properly. Now child, Thyrius is on your side, but I do believe that it is time for you to wake up, I wouldn’t want to keep you for too long.”

The world blurs before light seems to faze back in, Feyte looks around and notices that she is in a bed and her belongings are all in reach.

Feyte grabs her belongings, putting her bag on as she prepares to leave to go see Christina at the guild, as Feyte grabs her belongings, the door opens to reveal the blonde maid from the night before, still with the same cold look on her face.

"Are you preparing to leave? Margrave Rivers was wondering if you would like to join him for breakfast."

"Yes, I'm preparing to leave, I wouldn't want to disturb the Margrave before I have done as he has asked. Speaking of which, where do I go from here to get to the adventurer's Guild."

"Very well, Margrave Rivers asked me to escort you to the guild. If you would not join him for breakfast, follow me."

"That would be appreciated, thank you, I'm sorry to take this time out of your busy schedule."

The maid seems to scowl for a second before her face quickly reverts to a smile. "Of course, my schedule is busier than you could imagine."

Feyte follows the maid to the end of the corridor.

"As you are not meeting the Margrave, could you allow me to change real quick, while I am proud of my job, I don't want to disgrace the Margrave by going to the Adventurer's Guild in this attire, what would the people think of one of his servants going there."

Feyte nods before standing next to the door as the maid opens it and walks in, closing the door behind them, Feyte hears the maid talking before the door opens again after a minute. The maid, now dressed in simple blue attire, bows to Feyte.

"Thank you for waiting, I understand that you wanted to leave quickly so I am sorry, but I refuse to disgrace my lord. Now follow me, I will get you to the guild so you can meet Lady Christina as the Margrave wishes."

“I understand, I’m not sure where I currently am anyway, it would be hard to get to the guild when I don’t know where I am.”

The maid nods before she proceeds to lead Feyte through the estate before arriving in a luxuriously decorated hall before she proceeds to head to the front door and opens the door, beckoning Feyte to come through.

Feyte heads out of the building, looking around noticing the river peacefully passing through the edge of the estate, The garden is well kept and an embellished bridge going over the river leading to the gates of the estate.

“I appreciate you admiring our work, but you shouldn’t block the doorway.”

“Oh, right, my bad.” Feyte heads towards the bridge before stopping, admiring the sunrise as her vision shifts.

The light seems to be drained from the world as Feyte looks out from the bridge as the sky seems to move before the world seems to freeze for a second as colour seeps back into the world.

Crossing the bridge, Feyte notices that there is a small tower next to the gate, alongside a guard standing by the door of the tower. As Feyte approaches the gate, the dissatisfied look on the guard's face momentarily shifts to shock before quickly switching to a polite smile as he nods.

A cold voice speaks up from next to Feyte as they approach, “Let us through Jeremy, and don't try and waste my time.”

The guard quickly heads to the gate and lifts up a board blocking the door before pushing it open. “There you go Anne, please, take our guest to where I presume you have been ordered to.”

As the gate opens, Feyte looks out to notice that the few buildings near the gates have negligible activity near them although they are luxuriously decorated, a clear sign at what type of clientele these stores are targeting.

“You don't need to know where the guest is going, Jeremy, don't try my patience or the Margrave will hear of your impudence.” The Guard stiffens before he quickly nods and steps aside.

“Right yes, my apologies, be on your way Anne, I hope to see you soon.”

“Follow me, we should arrive at the Guild in a few minutes.”

“Anne, do you know why Margrave Rivers was adamant that I go to Christina?” Feyte nervously asks while they walk.

Anne turns and glares at Feyte before talking through clenched teeth. “Do not question what the Margrave has told you to do, this is an opportunity to be part of something greater and you will be thankful. All you need to know is that you can’t be trusted unless you go through with this.”

“I, well, but why, I don't understand, what do these words mean? I've barely been here for a day and already I'm embroiled in politics once again, I just wanted to live with my family, BUT I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT ANYMORE.”

Feyte continues following Anne as she slowly calms down after her outburst, the journey staying silent throughout from this point, Anne, although shocked at the sudden outburst, realises that Feyte needs to be left alone for now decides to just lead the way. The streets being almost desolate, a few people looking at Feyte in confusion after her outburst as they momentarily go back to their own business. As they walk along, Feyte starts recognising the road with which they are treading, realising that they are getting close to the guild. 

“I, I, I’m sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you like that Anne, it's all just so confusing.”

“I understand, it's not everyday that a commoner like you would get the honour of being recognised by a noble, I'm sure it's confusing on why you would deserve such an honour.”

Feyte looks at Anne, aghast at the fact Anne believes that to be the cause of all this before shaking her head and realising it would be better to just follow her to the guild and not say anything as the guild slowly comes into sight.

Anne walks up to the door and pushes it open, signaling Feyte to follow her before motioning in Christina’s direction.

Feyte follows Anne’s hand before nodding and walking towards Christina at the receptionist desk, seemingly content with doing this simple job.

“Hello Christina, the old times are to be restored, for hope is on the edge.” As soon as the first part of Feyte’s sentence leaves her mouth, Christina looks at Feyte, seeing who she's talking to before noticing that it's Feyte and nodding slightly.

“Who Sent you?”

“Rivers sent me.”

“I see, follow me to my office, we will talk more there.”

0