Chapter 7: Meet the Cursed Family
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...How are you even alive and what are these cells?" (Jonas)
"How should I put it? These dark green cells are 'Zombie Cells' with extreme regeneration." (Chief)
"Zombie!"
"And these black cells with the wolf-like jaws are 'Oracle Cells' with the ability to devour anything."
"Devour Anything?!"
"Yeah, these two are what you call 'infectious viruses' and my body has adapted to living with them, essentially replacing the majority of my human cells. They are roots of chaos and appear to be stronger than the curse, which is a nice revelation."

"...Hold up, I'm still trying to process what I saw."
"Sure, I'll answer some of your questions to the best of my abilities."
"What are you?"
"An adaptive human."
"No way!"
"I took these cells and integrated them into my body."
"You shouldn't be alive."
"Yet I am still standing right in front of you."

Jonas sighed and took a look at the Chief's blood sample, the cells still going rampant and trying to break the container.
"Why are they going crazy? Is this what happens in your body?"
"Yes and no. When I have full control over all my cells and currently inhibit their infectious characteristics, however, if leaked outside, I have a bit of control to make them self-destruct."
"So these cells are still alive?"
"Yes, while not infectious, it is still dangerous and will consume your whole body on contact. I let them remain active and out of my control for this research when I placed the sample into the box."

Jonas shivered and slowly backed away microscope. His eyes were cautiously on the box sample.

"This box is made out of Mechanical Oracle Cells that are designed for researching cells of its nature and can easily contain it. Once a sample is placed in and the lid is on, it is sealed forever unless broken."
"....You sure?"
"Of course," Chief grabbed the box and threw it on the ground, a loud bang hit the floor but the box was still intact, "I made it after all."
"....Amazing"
"However, I didn't expect the curse to be weaker than mine."
"What do you mean?"
"When I observed the curse in that first sample, my original plan was to send my cells to [DEVOUR] the curse and slowly rehabilitate the host's body. However, after seeing this interaction, I didn't expect the curse to self-destruct."
"Oh, but why is there nothing wrong with my daughters when you come  close to them?"
"I think the curse in their bodies are still inactive, whereas the curse in small quantities, like samples, have weaker hosts and can easily take over."
"Makes sense, considering they don't die until 16 years old. Maybe...I'm not too sure."
"While I did think my cells might have made the curse submit, I didn't expect them to be driven to desperation." Chief then took the dead cursed sample and inspected it for a bit.
"Can you record the relevant report of this sample real quick?"
"Okay? Why do you want it to be recorded right now?"
"I just need it for a test real quick."

Chief handed the sample to Jonas and he brought it to his appropriate machines, taking pictures, finding the compositions etc.
Chief went back to the microscope and watched his two different cells seeking total dominance.

'They are still at each other's throats...' (Chief)

[NEGATE]

The cells in Chief's body stagnated and froze, trembling on the threat of their eradication. They slowed down their assault and only poked each other.
'I knew staying too long with God made the skills agitated with no action. I might need to -'

"Done with the test. What are you going to do with this sample?" -Jonas came back with the sample, interrupting Chief's thoughts.
"I'll test the curse." Chief simply replied as he grabbed the vial and gave it one last inspection that it was the right one.
"How are you going to test it?"
"Easy."

Chief opened his hazmat helmet and popped the entire vial into his mouth. Glass cracked and broke under his teeth and he gulped like an everyday drink.
Jonas watched in disbelief as Chief crunched on the last pieces of glass in his mouth.
'Huh, the curse instantly got eradicated. Is it weaker than my cells? Surely not, a God did make it after all.'

 

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" (Jonas)

"Oh, I was just consuming the curse." (Chief)
"I CAN SEE THAT! IT COULD HAVE KILLED YOU!"
"Observe better next time, Jonas. The curse killed itself just by being close to enclosed containers, it didn't even stand a chance when it entered my body."
"....I have a really strong urge to dissect your body and study it."
"Don't start becoming a mad scientist. I am helping with this research but I still need to be here in case my samples go crazy and you can't contain them."
"What happens if it gets out of control even if you are here?"
"If that happened, I wouldn't be here."
"....Seriously?"
"Yes."
"...."
Jonas looked at the clock in the lab and saw the time approaching 7 o'clock.
"Let's finish recording your cells and wrap up. Dinner is approaching and I don't want to miss my dinner with my girls."
"You dote on your daughters a lot."
"Of course. Now can you carry your samples? I don't quite feel safe touching it."
"Sure, I want to see which equipment you're using for record keeping."

=============
=============

"I need to sterilise the lab real quick." (Jonas)
"Let me help you." (Chief)
"No need, I just need to watch if the cleaning systems are following the correct procedure. You can head out and inform Libra that we are done and can have dinner on time."
"Okay," Chief replied and started to head back to the changing room of the lab.

Chief was taking his suit off and began to change while contemplating the results of today's research,
'Do I need to conceal the cells so they won't trigger his daughters' curse? Maybe, but Libra was fine yesterday. Their cells must be inactive if that is the case. Can we even remove the curse from their bodies, since it's practically been with them since birth? Will their bodies collapse upon removal? We can't approach this half-heartedly like I used to do. I still need to get in contact with God whether I can directly destroy the curse since he grilled me out last time.'

<....>

'...Fuck, it is still active. [NEGATE] is not getting weaker, so [SYSTEM] is getting stronger. That's not good.'

<!^$*@%!(#^@^$!*@#$(!&!#$*#^$(!@*#$>
'Broken? No, it feels like [SYSTEM] is still trying to reach me but is currently dead so the message is corrupted. Did God do something to it? I remember not using it for a few [RUNS] so why is it active again?'

Chief pondered as he was navigating around the mansion and managed to see Libra highlighted on [MAP].
'There are other unidentified entities around the area. Is that his daughters? That's a lot of people, considering that it is a family of 13. Wow, I think someone had a family that size and regretted it immensely.'

Chief walked into the living room, as indicated where Libra was and saw the family of 12 mingling in the room.
12 girls. All different ages with different physiques and different coloured hair. All looked at the Chief with their red eyes.
The young girls had mixed reactions upon seeing the young man. Suspicious, curious, indifferent, worried and excited.

The girls' looked at his red eyes, observing his reaction, only to see his stern silence. His tranquil manner flowed through the room and quivered the unsteady hearts of some girls when they looked into his red eyes, swiftly averting their gazes from Chief.

"...Who are you?" A red-haired girl asked and she managed to muster her courage to ask the stranger in their house.
"Um, how should I say this....A person who got roped into your father's research."
"Is that so? How come you have red eyes like us?" A curly sapphire-haired girl asked and cautiously looked at the Chief's hands, making sure there was nothing in them.
"I was born with them."
"..."
"..."
The room was silent again, as the girls were still quite reluctant to talk about their curse to a stranger. That was until Libra and Cancer were finally done tending the three baby girls.

"Oh, Chief. You and Papa are done?" Libra happily said and grabbed the Chief's hand, dragging him across the room, towards the kitchen, "Papa never eats on time so I wanted to make something nice. Can you come and see if it is to your taste since you are a foreigner? We aren't sure if you can handle the difference in culture."
"I'm fine with anything." (Chief)
"That's a relief to hear." (Libra)
Chief and Libra walked off to the kitchen, leaving behind a clueless group of girls in the living room.

"Who was that?"
"Can we trust him?"
"He has the same eyes as us, I remembered Mother told us that only females only had red eyes."
"He's very interesting..."
"Cut it out, we'll ask Dad what his opinion is. Dad isn't wrong."
"You're not thinking logically. Father gets tricked easily when it involves the curse."
"I don't think so. Libra would have pulled out the Glock and shot him if that was the case."
"You are all too loud. Papa will just tell us later."
"Sorry, Cancer. Here, have a nap on my lap."
"Hmmph...So comfy..."

=============
=============

A big family of young girls and a single father sat at the big dining table, enough space for the large numbers and still having a spare seat for the Chief. Libra placed the last plate of the aromatic dish before finally taking a seat next to Jonas. Chief and Jonas took opposite seats at the heads of the table while the daughters sat on the sides.

"Welcome to our family dinner, Chief! Eat up, girls, Libra prepared a large feast of roast beef, delicious stews and very hearty sides!." (Jonas)
"That's because you rarely eat on time with us. I have to thank Chief for helping you stay on track with the time." (Libra)
"The name's Tatsu Nezu. Please call me Chief as I am too used to that position. Nice to meet all of you." (Chief)
"Nice to meet you!" (Daughters)
"You already know my name, Libra, I'm the oldest of the family. Hopefully my sisters' names don't confuse you." (Libra)
"I'll be fine. I have a strong memory." (Chief)
"Glad to hear. Let's start from this side." (Libra)
"Hello, Chief! I am Aries and I am looking forward to our date next week!"
"Hi. I'm Taurus and I am confident in my sports. Nice to meet you."
"Hello, Mister Nezu. I am Aquarius and I run the finances of the household. Pleasure meeting you."
"Pisces....I like my pet lizard, Salamander..."
"Hello, Chief. My name is Capricorn and I like reading Father's library collection. Nice to meet you."
"We are Gemini. Nice to meet you."
"....I'm Cancer....Hello..."
"The last three, Virgo, Sagittarius and Scorpio, are still toddlers and are just resting upstairs. I'll introduce them another time." (Jonas)

 

===A/N: Here are their lookalikes, note that they currently at different ages so just imagine them younger or older for the pictures ===

Spoiler

Libra: Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? (Rize Tedeza) - Minitokyo

Aries: anime girl, waitress, cafe, breads, uniform, blonde, headdress, Anime, HD phone wallpaper

Taurus: Gina Boyd/Image Gallery | Dumbbell Nan-Kilo Moteru? Wiki | Fandom | Anime,  L anime, Dumbbell

Aquarius: Adagaki Aki Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

Pisces: Pin on Elder Gods Stuff

Capricorn: Sumireko Sanshokuin🌸[ORESUKI Are you the only one that loves me?]  (2250x4000) : r/Animewallpaper

Gemini: Hisakawa Twins [Idol Master Cinderella Girls] : r/awwnime

Cancer: anime girl, pink hair, band-aid, shy expression, blushes, twintails, Anime, HD wallpaper

Virgo:Desktop wallpapers beautiful, green hair, anime girl, original, hd image, picture, background, 6df4b7

Sagittarius: Madoka Higuchi - Shinycolors Wiki

Scorpio: Nikaidou Saki - Zombieland Saga - Zerochan Anime Image Board

 

[collapse]

 

'Damn, this could have gotten really confusing if they didn't have different hair colours and different personalities. That curse must have squeezed all types of characteristics from the bloodline.' (Chief)

The plates and cutlery clattered as the sisters were making casual talks to each other as well as raising a few questions about Chief's reason for being here.

"So, you just accepted Dad's insistent begging of bringing you to the lab?" (Aquarius)
"Yeah." (Chief)
"Why? Father sometimes looks like a mad scientist when he leaves the mansion." (Capricorn)
"Argh, I think a piece of me died." (Jonas)
"That is true when he saw my eyes, but I was curious why he was deeply invested in my eyes. It's not every day I meet a person who cares about red eyes." (Chief)
"....Curiosity...." (Cancer)
"Where do you live?" (Taurus)
"Overseas in America. I came over here as a tourist and might head to Japan after finishing this research." (Chief)
"Are you the only one with red eyes in your family?" (Aries)
"No, I have two cousins and an uncle who had them as well. My grandpa might have it but his picture makes it hard to see." (Chief)
"Why are you in France?" (Aquarius)
"Sight-seeing but it appears that I got off at the wrong bus station and landed myself here." (Chief)
"Are you troubled to meet us when you heard about the curse?" (Libra)
The air at the dining table grew heavier as the topic was introduced to the family. The sisters had mixed anticipation towards the Chief's response. Some were worried while others were ready to smite judgement for any obvious lies.

"No, why would I be? I have seen worse and I just find this curse helped your family go through the troubles of this world, making you more united. As tested with your father, this curse won't hurt me and I might even be a danger to your curse so we'll be careful from here on out." (Chief)
"..You're not afraid?" (Pisces)
"Why should I be? I don't see countless bodies or haunted houses or murderous cannibals here. I just see a lovely family that are ready to face their fate." (Chief)
"....Thank you for seeing our family in such a light. I feel blessed having such a lovely family as well." (Jonas)
"Yeah, who would have thought your family had a very deep history. I hope to be in your care while I research with you all." (Chief)
"Now, what do you mean by bodies, haunted houses and cannibals?" (Jonas)
"...I finished my plate, let me go and wash it." (Chief)

=============
=============

{Little Segment}

"...."
"what"
"Stop eating like that."
"why"
"You are wasting such a great ingredient and even ruining the materials."
The dragon was butchered with extreme strength. A young girl in a tattered high school uniform was hunched over the torn stomach and eating the fire sac of the grand beast. Her primal teeth ripped into the meat and blood guzzled out of the puncture, she tilted it and savoured the dragon's blood.

"so, my hunt"
"You are very wild for a girl that isekai'd in a year. I was hunting for this bugger yesterday and you went and snatched it when it was asleep."
"so you want my hunt"
"Of course. That tooth would be my 500th for the collection."

The girl pulled a giant buster sword out of her tattered skirt, the enormous blade shone with malicious intent and the back was adorned with numerous sharp monster teeth.
"come and get it"

[PRIMAL BEAST]

"...Ah, I just wanted to trade or something. Fine, have it your way."

[ZEROTH SCYTHE]

 

Yeet! These progression chapters toward major event take forever! I need to increase the pace!

0