Chapter 10: School Drop-off
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am really really really sorry, Chief!" (Libra)
"Those were pretty good shots, all on his head. Hehehe.” (Taurus)
“You aren’t helping, so shut up!” (Libra)
“I knew you had your ways with guns, Libra but this is next level.” (Jonas)

 

The family were at the dining table, eating the pancakes prepared by the Gemini twins. Chief was frowning a bit, touching the 6 indents on his forehead.
“Do your girls all hold guns, Jonas?” Chief sighed, “I don’t want to wake up to a shotgun barrel in the morning.”
“No, no, no. Libra is the only one who likes guns, though I might need to teach her self-control with the weapon in her hand.” (Jonas)
“Papa, it was just a one-off time!” (Libra)

 

=============

=============

 

The family finished their breakfast and the majority of the girls went back to their rooms to prepare for the day. Chief was washing the dish since he was free for the moment and was accompanied by Libra, who was still feeling guilty for shooting him earlier.
“Um..” Libra started to converse to avoid the awkward atmosphere between the two, “I’m sorry for shooting you.”
“I would understand if you wanted to protect your sister but why 6 shots?” (Chief)
“To be extra careful?” Libra tried to justify her impulsive action.
“And risk any stray bullets hitting your sister?”
“Ahhhhh……Ummmmmm….I don’t miss and I knew you would take all the bullets….” (Libra)

 

Chief had to momentarily stop his washing to make sure he wasn’t listening wrong.
“Are you listening to what you just said?”
“.....I’m sorry, I should have been more clear-headed.” (Libra)
“As long as you learn, just don’t use the gun without being sure you need to.” Chief scoffed, “So why do you want to talk to me?”
“Umm,” Libra fumbled after seeing Chief was able to sense her true intentions, “Can you please look after my little sisters as they go to school, like a bodyguard? I usually go but since you’re here, maybe you can help out if you aren’t too busy.”

“Oh, I can do that since I’m free in the meantime. You owe me a favour for the gun and another for this little bodyguarding, deal?” (Chief)

‘Jonas said he needed some time calibrating machinery and waiting for new samples to settle before we begin the experiment, but that was probably a lie. He might be still searching for my information but won’t get any leads, since I don’t even exist in this world.’ (Chief)

 

“Fine, but only because I shot out of impulse. I’ll make sure that one bullet is enough for you.” (Libra)

“Wow, then I’ll make sure you’ll miss your shot.” (Chief)

 

=============

=============

 

“Are you going somewhere, Chief?” Taurus asked when the girls were preparing to leave in the front foyer.

“I was asked to be a bodyguard, even though I think some of you are capable of protecting yourselves.” Chief dressed up in a thick brown coat and shades to look intimidating. 

“Thank you, Chief!” (Aries)

 

Aries, Taurus, Aquarius, Pisces, Capricorn and Gemini all got ready for school and walked their route to school with Chief closely following behind.

 

“This is the cafe that I work at and where we met.” Aries pointed out the location, giving Chief a quick tour of the local area.

“Much closer to the mansion than I thought.” (Chief)

“It’s owned by Aquarius. I told her I can help out but she insisted on paying, I just spent it on gifts for her.” (Aries)

“Owned by Aquarius? How come? Did Jonas buy the store as a gift for her?” (Chief)

“No! Aquarius is really good with her money, she owns 25% of the businesses in the banlieue (suburb)!” Taurus boasted, earning a little blush from Aquarius who tilted her face to hide her smirk.

“I-it’s not much, I just played around with a bit of Dad’s allowance and brought some little toys.” Aquarius stuttered, before attempting to put on a serious expression.

“Amazing.” (Chief)

 

The foot traffic in the morning peak hours was much busier than Chief had expected in France, cars were still around but the group only needed to cross 3 roads to meet the school on a huge green land.

 

“Saint Mary’s Christian All Girls School? Makes sense for Jonas to send you here.” (Chief)

“The principal is a friend of Father, so that is why we were able to be enrolled into their programs.” (Capricorn)

 

“Stay safe.” Chief waved them off as they went to their friend groups and through the school entrance.

‘Wonder when was the last time I went to school and had a pleasant time, ignorant of the rotting world. 

‘T-Rex, status.’ (Chief)

‘3 French Agents, 2 English Spies, 1 Russian and 1 Unknown Affiliation. All tagged and marked on [MAP].’ (T-Rex)

‘Woof!’ (Ollie)

‘Take out all these peekers and only leave one Frenchie and the unknown person. You have my permission to eat them.’ (Chief)

[EMP] [SHADOW STEP]

 

Hundreds of blue electrical strands arched out of Chief, coiling around the town, disabling any surveillance equipment nearby the targets. He made sure to avoid the school and the mansion to not inconvenience the girls and Jonas. 

 

The agents had no chance when Chief gave the kill order.

 

=============

=============

“What is your status, Gamma-04?” the French agent’s earpiece buzzed.

“Male suspect has moved three blocks west from the dropping of the Cursed Children. He has not made any suspicious movement so far.”

“Continue with the surveillance.” 

“Roger that.”

BBBZZZZZ

The agent felt a tingle on his ear, the earpiece sparking from a fault in its power. He thought it was just a noise from halting the comms with mission control.

 

Something slithered on the agent’s leg and he immediately reacted, turning around and readying his gun to shoot the perpetrator.

 

There was no one.

 

That he could see.

The slither crawled up and quickly gagged the agent, who attempted to gasp for air. His shadow grew tendrils and coiled up to restrain him further. Chief stepped out of the shadow after making sure his manipulation wasn't breaking. 

 

His red eyes gazed into the nervous and shaken agent’s, drops of sweat washed all over his face. Chief clenched his hand into a claw and grasped the Frenchman’s face.

[NIGHTMARE]

The agent went into a trance and his eyes clouded with dullness. He slowly sunk into the shadows, swiftly deposited into [INVENTORY] and left the perpetrator skimming through the memories of his latest prey.

 

‘So…. the government gave Jonas a million dollar grant in exchange for weekly reports based on the girls’ eyes. They haven’t been informed it is a curse and only wish to experiment, as though wishing it had problems, to begin with. They can’t touch the girls since Jonas is still alive and upholds a position in the Science Society. What should I do with these peepers?’ Chief analysed the information from the [NIGHTMARE] and wondered what to do.

 

‘Woof, all targets have been eliminated except for the last guy with an unknown affiliation. He looks like someone in the manga. What should we do?’ (T-Rex)

 

‘Oh, a character? I don’t remember anybody that would wander to France. The main characters should still be young or not even born yet so let’s see this’ (Chief)

=============

=============

 

Kikunojou Tendo felt like smacking the head of The Crane’s old head when he came back from this mission, if he comes back. His right hand held on the hilt of his katana, sights set on his opposition. Every second felt like a minute for him, steady for any reaction from his foe.

Kikunojou knew he couldn’t defeat this strange dog. Just the mere thought of clashing with the creature could create his demise. As much as he wanted to keep his perfect mission completion record, the contagious thought of retreating was more apparent.

 

[SHADOW STEP]
The shadow beneath Ollie wavered before coagulating into a figure, producing T-Rex and Chief.

‘Oh, him. Kikunojou Tendo still has some black hairs so the timeline might be correct. But what is he doing in France? He should be a guard for the royal family in Japan.’ (Chief)

Unbeknownst to Chief, Kikunojou was having an internal conflict with his thoughts as soon as the two strangers suddenly appeared.
‘Okay, this is getting dangerous. A man and another creature appeared out of nowhere, also emitting the same pressure as the other dog. I don’t have any info on them so it is unwise to confront them right now.’ (Kikunojou)

 

SHING!
Chief extended a long black pole out of the shadows, ready to deliver a beating to the old swordsman. He was not intending on killing the foreigner, as that would negatively impact the plot of the world.
‘If this world is even canon. I definitely need to visit Japan and see how accurate this world is and inspect any changes. This is very interesting tho, fighting one of the strongest characters pre-apocalypse.’ (Chief)

 

BANG!
Chief casually swung his pole from the side, striking the nervous swordsman. Kikunojou was barely able to react and weakly blocked the attack with a defensive stance, which collapsed immediately. The sword cracked, shocking Chief.
‘Wow, a casual swing like that already overpowered him and even cracked his sword. Maybe I’m too strong in this world, maybe the God Eater World was overpowered in its own way.’ (Chief)

Kikunojou was extremely exhausted from that attack, his hands barely holding onto the sword.
‘Ugh, what was that strength?!’ (Kikunojou)

“Huh, you’re quite weak for a foreign spy. I’ll let you go since I have more urgent matters to attend to, so go back to your homeland.” Chief sighed and sunk the pole back to [INVENTORY].
The swordsman grunted in frustration but ultimately decided to retreat. Pushing his luck any further would create his demise.

 

Chief watched the old man walk away, marking him on [MAP] so he could create an easy route back to Japan. T-Rex was a little disappointed, hoping for a bigger fight with a native.
“Woof!” (T-Rex)
“No! Didn’t you just see he was barely able to tank that flimsy smack?! What makes you think your paw wouldn’t send him to the heavens?! Just … play fetch with Ollie in the Himalayas while I’ll deal with these pesky Frenchies.” (Chief)
“Woof!”
“Yes! I’ll get some meals for you, just buzz off. I don’t want their offices to be soaked in blood.”

The two dogs snickered and jumped into the shadows, leaving a lonely Chief.

He rummaged through [INVENTORY] making sure to prepare his tools before searching through [MEMORIES] to find the right place. 

Chief then jumped into the shadows, leaving a quiet street.

 

With a curious business girl glancing from afar. 

 

=============

=============

 

(Sevran French Humane Science Offices) 

In a secluded room inside the building, a secret mission was taking place with various computer equipment and giant screens to display surveillance. However, the massive screens were currently blacked out.

“What do you mean an EMP went off?” The Head Officer lashed out at the operators that were monitoring the mission.
“The surveillance around the school and the whole perimeter has been cut off with no returning signals from our agents as well. Last report was Agent Gamma-04 identifying nothing wrong with the new Male Red-Eye Subject.” One of the operators explained as they rushed to restore the network.

“Argh, just do something! Once the intelligence department finds no powerful background behind this man, we’ll grab him and test whatever we want!” (Head Officer)
“With all due respect, sir, what are we fixated with these red-eyed people? All I see is a rare genetic trait” One of the newer operatives in the mission asked.

“Ah ha! I’ll tell you why!” The Officer moved a few pictures and documents to show up on the screens, “Throughout our records, there have been only a certain amount of red-eyes that roam around the world, all females. Each one exhibited a special trait, inhuman and that makes them freaks of nature. So we shall experiment on them and find their superior characteristics and use it on ourselves! And with a new specimen in the wild, also being a male, it will be a rare catch!”

“Wow, and what will we do if we do get him?”

“Chop him up, extract samples, basically anything to see any results. They are irregulars and shouldn’t be treated humanely if that is what you are worried about. Just treat them like another species of apes.” (Officer)

“Huh, and here I was hoping humanity wasn’t as shit as it already was.”

“What?”

 

SHINK! BOOM!

A shadow claw pierced through the Officer’s shirt and curled backwards, spreading outwards and imploding him from the inside out. The blood and guts sprayed all over the room, with some operatives having their faces sprayed with the red viscous paint. The newer operative paled from the horrific sight and bent over to throw up his breakfast.

The claw retracted back into the shadow of the mush and a new form congealed into a figure. Chief stepped out, trying to get his extra claw back into his body. He lazily scanned around, red eyes glinting to memorise every person in the room.

‘Huh, no more nutcases and only two scientists who actually care about the research, though they are just eager as Jonas’ fans. Should the rest of them be killed? Maybe leave them as scapegoats?’ (Chief) 

 

Security held out their pistols, unsure as to whether to shoot the intruder. They feared for their lives after watching the Officer turn into a mess.

“Pull the trigger and I’ll show you how your death can be quicker than you can ever imagine. There will be no pain, no noise. Just the empty void of death. Would you like to see?” Chief gestured toward the guards. His red eyes shone ever so brightly, flaring with intent of not breaking those words.

 

The two guards were scared. The pistols were dropped immediately and dashed toward the exit, hoping to get out of this terrible mess.

Chief twirled his index finger, spiralling the shadows around the room and manifested giant herculean legs from the ceiling. On his silent halt, the legs crushed the guard in sonic speed, leaving only a messy meat paste on the floor.

“Argh, this is just- bbbbbllllleeeeeehhhhh” an operative vomited again. He didn’t have a chance to recover when a spark aragamic pincer sprouted out of Chief’s spine and pinned him to the electronics. The pincer stretched like an anaconda, wrapping the man before squeezing him like a fruit. Blood poured out of the juicer and left a pulp of flesh. Everyone else paled at the sight and quickly clamped their mouth with their hands. 

Chief didn’t care about the fear in their eyes, he just didn’t want to deal with more senseless killings if that operator managed to hit the panic button underneath. Chief left the pincer still jabbed in the computer. Little tendrils swirled out of the pincer and latched on the electronics, slowly digging into the internet and began exploring. While one part of him was working on securing online information with government access, Chief was now going to clean up this mess.

 

“Okay!” Chief clapped his hand, flinching the last survivors who involuntarily took a step back.

“You guys might know me, some might not. I don’t care. Just know, I hate people spying on me and especially at the place I’m staying at.” Chief pulled a briefcase out of [INVENTORY] and placed it on a nearby table, popping the lid open to reveal wads of cash.

“I heard the deal with Jonas’ loan, so here. One million dollars, not one more or one less. Your government can get their money back and I get my private space.” Chief was slowly grinning at the loss of power from authoritative people, feeling dread while being in the palm of a powerful being. His smile was widening to the edges of his face.

 

‘WOOOF!’

‘Fuck, I did it again. [NEGATE]’ Chief woke quickly, thanks to Ollie, and got rid of the dreadful emotion. His joker smile dropped back to a straight face, still seeing the last operatives being tense.

“This is not a negotiation, this is an order and if I still receive spies or the money doesn’t land in the right pockets, you’ll all be the first to be visited by me. Good day.” Chief waved away, sinking back into the shadows. Dark tendrils stretched around, latching on any meat and sucking any blood stain, cleaning up the crime scene as though nothing had happened. After being satisfied with the leftovers, the shadows pulsated back to their original state.

 

The air was still tense for the operatives, despite the cleanup being flawless and the perpetrator was already gone. One of them slowly brought out their phone to call one of their superiors.

*BRING BRING* 

“Hello?”

“Um, Mr White. We have run into a big problem….”

 

=============

=============

 

Despite the usefulness of [MAP], Chief couldn’t just warp back to the mansion. He chose to walk instead, from the front of the offices, so he could reorganise some of his thoughts.

‘Fuck, fuck fuck. Not even a week in and I've already killed another human. All the regretful emotions are flooding in and they are such a pain to take care of without [SYSTEM].’ (Chief)
‘I told you. I should have done the killing and quicker job at it.’ (T-Rex)
‘Bullshit! I heard your drooling slobber when you saw me kill those people. God damn glutton.’ (Chief)
‘Woof! (You need to get rid of the smell, Chief)’ Ollie barked inside their internal minds.
‘Right’ (Chief)

[NEGATE]
All various smells of blood and stains vanished off, making Chief a clean slate. This also included any dead skin cells, natural body odour and other natural biowastes. He could have excluded them as well but it was complicated to pinpoint every single particle that needed to be cleaned off, so he just did his whole body.

‘You are so lazy, Chief’ (T-Rex)
‘Shut up, we can’t do the calculations as quickly without [SYSTEM] so just bear with it. It feels strange not having a single smell on me.’ (Chief)
“I should get back to tell Jonas,” Chief muttered as he looked at the [MAP] and navigated his way back to the mansion. 

“Tell Dad about what?”

Chief glanced over his shoulder to see a dark indigo-haired girl, still in her school uniform, walking closely behind him. He had noticed Aquarius earlier when he was looking at [MAP] but decided not to cross paths. However, it seemed she had different plans.

“I need to inform him about-” (Chief)
“The loan from the government?” (Aquarius)
“...Yes, I took care of it.” Chief proceeded to walk on the streets, Aquarius trailing beside him.
“Dad didn’t let me try to pay, even though I had the funds,” Aquarius complained, seeing as Chief was able to complete the same thing in just a couple of days arriving here.
“It was simple, go in, pay and out.” (Chief)
“Dad warned me not to pay back the loan. He said it would bring unwanted outsiders if we lost the government’s attention, putting us back on the map for other rats who are interested in us.”
“Great reason but I’ll take care of them myself. I hate stalkers, especially when I’m getting comfy in a new place.”
“Took care of them? How would you do that?” Aquarius inquired.
“I have my ways.” Chief adopted an amused face, watching the little girl trying to interrogate him.

Despite Aquarius receiving info about the loan being paid with insiders, the methods were unknown and she wasn’t even sure if Chief actually paid the loan. As the main person in charge of the finances in the family, the issue of the loan had been one of her primary goals when she started her business career. Seeing one of the goals snuffed so abruptly, she felt… empty? She didn’t know what to make of this situation and it didn’t help that the Chief wasn’t budging. 

‘Huh?’ the girl remarked as her red eyes flickered a bit. Her nose twitched and she leaned close to Chief’s nape.

“Why don’t you have a smell?” Aquarius sniffed.
“I don’t know,” Chief shrugged, donning a concerned face towards the girl, “Are you a pervert who likes sniffing people?”
“Huh?” Aquarius was puzzled before blushing and quickly distanced herself, “N-n-nn-NO! I j-just have an enhan-”

“An enhanced smell as well as natural talent in finance, though unverified without proper tests that still need permission from Jonas van Schmidt.”
Aquarius backed off, providing more distance between the Chief, and held a wary gaze at him. 

‘Dammit, I should have known better that he was also a spy. We let ou-’ (Aquarius)
“The government held a lot of information about your family. Did Jonas not do anything about it?” (Chief)
“Huh?” Aquarius was puzzled.
“There was intensive information about your family in the government database. Though it looks like it was only observations as there is no mention of the curse and they only pinpointed your abnormalities as genetic mutations. Your father has put a lot of restrictions on your data so I assume it is moderately safe, though I took the liberty to wipe it. It is hard-blocked by all access except for your father and only holds the bare minimum of public information. All traces are also wiped as well.” Chief nonchalantly shared his findings from the office when he was digging around. He left a Spark Aragami in the machine to monitor and absorb any information. 

“Ah?” Aquarius’ brain was fried from overheating after receiving information after information. She had a hard time trying to process what she just heard.
‘So, he isn’t a spy or is this a bait? His expressions are hard to differentiate and I can’t even tell if he is lyi-’ (Aquarius).

“Come along please, I need to inform your father quickly,” Chief urged the girl as he just wanted to quickly inform Jonas to avoid things from getting messy. What would happen if Jonas saw the government information be altered, he would definitely inquire with those rats and that would bring more attention to Chief.
‘I also need to find out the situation of Japan and see if I can grab any political power. Wouldn’t want to go to the main plot set in a feudal system. Royals are always a pain to deal with.’ (Chief)

‘...I’ll tell Dad to re-evaluate Chief, he is too dangerous.’ (Aquarius)

 

The journey back home of the two red-eyed people was uneventful, as various outside parties and spies were told to never interact with the cursed family anymore. Chief kept a good eye, making sure they weren’t spying on them.

 

=============

=============

 

“Mr White, what do you mean you are shutting down the project?!” An associate banged on the table as his superior was contemplating the suitcase filled with cash.
“Listen, Ked. I understand that you spent quite some time invested in the project but it didn’t yield any result, did it?” Mr White adjusted his glasses while looking at his worker.
“....It was because Mr Schmidt didn’t give clearance for the tests and insisted on performing them himself.” (Ked)
“Enough with the excuses. The project produced no results and we got additional funding. Cease with this argument and I’ll put in a good word for you to join one of the climate change projects you always wanted to be in.”
“...Yes, sir.” Ked reluctantly agreed and left Mr White alone.

Mr White dropped his stern expression after his worker left, and greedily looked at the neat stacks of money in the suitcase.

“Finally, that maniac is gone and I even got funding from his murderer! What a great day today! I can even take some of this. No one knows about this and I can allocate however much I want. Now…there’s that project I can send Ked to, should be able to silence him. This one looks good, I can send a quarter of a mil there. I can hold another quarter for that other project and the rest can be mine!” Mr White enthusiastically counted the wads of cash in front of him, licking his lips at the prospect of being rich.

 

=============

=============

{Little Segment}

Cynthia watched in awe as her Garchomp was tossed around like a punching bag. She was sure to lose after witnessing the strength of the ‘Ollie’ and ‘T-Rex’ Pokemon but this was a different sight to see.

“Garchomp! Dodge and use Giga Impact!” She commanded her Pokemon as Chief was punching towards it with an enlarged fist.

The pseudo-legendary improvised, using Quick Attack to quickly dodge the attack to the side. The punch, slightly missing its mark, cracked the sound barrier and propelled all its might into destroying the nearby forest.
Cynthia and Garchomp both knew they couldn’t tank a hit like that. Garchomp flinched as it witnessed the destruction behind it.

 

“Don’t get distracted.”

Garchomp couldn’t even react when a wooden monk's staff was smacked across its face, even one of its teeth cracked from the impact. The poor pokemon could barely catch a breath before a barrage of dull staffs poked at every opening. It tried to use its fins to block the hits, only to obscure its vision.

Chief dashed forward, leaving a few copies of the wooden staff to stagger and continued to block Garchomp’s vision. His right arm squirmed with Aragami cells and hardened into a giant beastly claw. 

 

SHING!

Chief uppercut Garchomp, sending it up to the sky. He immediately jumped up, following his rushdown with a powerful swipe, sending the Pokemon smashing down to the ground, forming a crater.

He lightly landed back on the ground, glaring at the dragon that was struggling in the Yamcha-style crater. Chief was, frankly, disappointed.

The ace of one of Pokemon’s strongest trainers, is down on the ground. Chief didn’t even break a sweat, he even had to use a wooden staff instead of his scythe to not permanently cripple the Pokemon.

 

Garchomp and Cynthia were both upset by this impeccable display of power; Cynthia tried to keep a cool mindset, devising a strategy to use her other Pokemon. Garchomp, on the other hand, was fuelled with rage. 

Garchomp was furious, hated Chief for his nonchalant personality for beating it up, and hated itself for being so weak. It needed more power, to prove itself for being an apex pokemon for Cynthia.

 

While still struggling to get off the ground, Garchomp opened its mouth, revealing a Garchompite in its mouth. Cynthia’s pocket quivered, shining her lipstick that held her Key Stone. She got out of her battle trance and quickly tried to stop the bonding with her Pokemon. However, it was too quick for her to control her Pokemon as it lashed out of its Mega Evolution Cocoon.

Mega Garchomp, probably one of the strongest non-legendary dragons in the world, hyped itself with new vigour. It immediately performed Dragon Dance without Cynthia’s instructions, silently glaring at Chief in case it needed to react.

Chief didn’t care. He wasn’t worried about little buffs on the puny dragon. He was, however, wondering about what to eat for dinner with Yellow and Ethan.

 

BOOM!

Mega Garchomp quickly performed Dragon Dance thrice and quickly launched itself towards Chief with Dragon Rush. The ground cracked under the pressure and a sonic boom bursted as the Pokemon attacked. Chief didn’t even bat an eye, and swiftly changed the monk’s staff with his usual scythe (blade sheathed).

“Good luck.” Chief commented as he swung the iron pole.

The two powerhouses collided, destroying the battlefield and a massive chunk of the forest region.

=============

=============

In the distance, Yellow was napping with her Ratty (Raticate)  and Dody (Doduo) while Ethan was feeding Aibo (Aipom). He nervously kept watch of their campsite, feeling the powerful tremors from the battle nearby by Chief and Cynthia.

Aibo tugged at his trainer, worried after seeing Ethan’s nervous face. He shrugged and reassured his Pokemon before looking off into the distance with a determined look.

“If that is the peak power of Pokemon, so be it! I will work my hardest with my partners to be the very best!” (Ethan)

 

So…….last update was from October. I must say it was much more difficult trying to fill plot holes for a dead franchise but what can I say? I did my best and slow updates will be expected. It is harder to write this than Hololive and other projects so I’ll just slowly write this fanfic over time. Just hope I get quicker inspiration for more chapters. I WILL NOT DROP THIS, JUST EXPECT SUPER SLOW UPDATES FROM THIS SNAIL AUTHOR!

1