Chapter 14: Pesky Cute Viruses
16 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(24/07/2017 | 9:23AM)

(Tokino Sora POV)

 

Chief was in the streaming studio again at my request, under the guise of supervising my work. There was no particular reason for him to join us, I just wanted…..guess you could say an extra layer of comfort considering that A-chan was still learning the streaming systems. Just the thought of hogging his free sessions all to myself felt exciting, but I didn’t know why. Maybe I need to ask Ankimo what I am experiencing. 

===A/N: This is not love, please don’t taint our pure idol. The absence of a harem tag is for a reason. ===

“Um, Chief-san.”
“Yes, Sora-san?”
“I watched other streamers and they partook in other activities different from singing and dancing, I was wondering what I should do then?”
“Ah, who did you watch?”
“Kizuna Ai and Hatsune Miku live streams feature a lot of games and interacting with chat.”
“Oh, have they caught your fancy?”
“Yes! They are very fun to watch.”

 

“So, what do you suggest we should do?” Chief pressed a few keys on the main computer, transforming a section of the studio into a blank canvas. I was initially surprised by the sudden alteration but quickly recovered as he stepped into the ‘Virtual Space’ as it was called. A-chan was on a stool in the kitchen, too distracted with reading some sort of BL manga on the side. I should remind her that she was still at work.

“I have seen Hatsune Miku play Minecraft, are you going to download the game on my PC?” I replied, still wondering if Chief was standing up to tinker with her computer.
“Do you know how to play the game?” Chief asked again and pulled a wooden staff out of nowhere, probably his personal spatial pocket.
“Only a bit from watching others.”
“Great.” Chief tapped the floor and the white canvas started to unfold around the whole studio.

Blank tiles started to peel off the room and filled the empty space with white cubes, slowly painting with blocky textures. The studio seemingly expanded into the endless generations of square objects that fitted into the normal plains biome. There was even a village that seemed to merge with a birch biome nearby.

 

The sudden change in space made me momentarily dizzy, only to be kept stable by Chief holding my shoulders with the tip of his finger. I never thought a single finger could keep me still, even if I moved with full force.

“You good?” Chief asked after seeing my stabilisation and let go.
“I’m feeling better now, Chief-san,” I tried to reassure Chief as I dazed blankly at the blocky environment.
“Wonderful,” Chief started to punch the ground and effortlessly dug out a cube of dirt, miraculously shrinking to a small pixel art into his hand, “Let’s have some fun now.”
“....”
“What’s wrong?” Chief asked as I was just nervously standing there.

 

“Um…How do we play the game?” I timidly asked while twirling my two index fingers. I had to remind myself that just because I watched someone play the game, does not mean I could play it.
Chief just had a flat face before retrieving a book from the creative section and passing it to me.
“This is a beginner’s book, and should be able to explain the basic gist of Minecraft. I’ll just quickly gather some blocks to help us as you learn how the game works.” Chief instructed as I quickly grabbed the book and I saw him wander off to a nearby tree, instantly demolishing it.

It was a simple book with moving pictures to help me understand the mechanics of the game. Do people really like others who play video games? The people in Miku’s chat seemed quite content watching her streams and Chief is working to do the same idea with me. Will it work? How would it succeed? I’m only doing this to-

“All good?” Chief waved his hand in front of me, cladded in some kind of iron armour, “You seem to be blanked out.”
“Sorry, Chief-san. I was just wondering what to start with.”
“Ah, let me show you the ropes,” Chief started to drop some stuff, “Here are some spare tools I found. First, we can…”

I followed along with him, Chief explaining the mechanics of the game and made sure I was having fun playing the game. It was as though he was making sure to be entertaining to me, going at my slow pace and killing all the monsters before I could even struggle.

I wonder why Chief decided that I should stream if he could do it as well. It would probably be fun watching him instead of me.

“This here is a small shipwreck, usually near the beaches or at the bottom of the oceans. They generally hold two chests full of mediocre loot and sometimes precious metals. They are usually located around here,” Chief explained and jumped into the sea, waving his hand to get my attention to jump in as well.

“Well,” I thought, “He is an interesting person.”

 

=============

=============

 

“....Help….” A-chan softly pleaded at the two humanoid holograms that were just circling her. One moment, she was indulging in her manga while Sora-sama was working with Chief-san. Then, she was suddenly on top of a tall oak tree that was around 7 metres tall. A-chan was definitely scared as there was no apparent way to get down and she couldn’t even use her powers to get down.

“Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. It seems Papa’s new employee can’t play Minecraft.” A flat and synthetic voice chirped as she was floating and observing the terrified A-chan. The hologram shook her head in disappointment, swirling her two long turquoise twin tails around the air.
“You silly! Anyone would be stunned if they played a game that was designed to be behind the screen!” The other pink and vibrant hologram karate-chopped her sister’s head, “Now, are you sure we are okay?”
“Of course, I made sure Mama’s scans won’t find us!” Miku clapped her hands.
Kizuna Ai could only double-check to see if there were any mistakes for their sneaky trip.

While the two virtual cuties were busy checking their code, A-chan was still in distress as she was worried the leaf blocks could collapse below her.

<VIRUSES HAVE BEEN DETECTED. PROCEEDING PROTOCOL> 

“Uh oh! She found us!” Hatsune Miku shrieked, despite her artificial voice not replicating her panic.
“Hurry! Let’s dip!” Kizuna Ai immediately stretched a data portal and the two viruses scurried away, barely dodging a digital scanning of the area.

 

“.....Hello? A little help….” A-chan cried a little as her legs wobbled close to her toes to try not to move too much on the weird leaf blocks.

 

=============

=============

 

<HATSUNE MIKU AND KIZUNA AI HAVE BREACHED INTO COVER’S SERVERS>
‘Oh, those two. Are they missing you and seeking attention?’
<I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEM AS MY CHILDREN UNTIL YOU DO AS WELL>
‘Listen, Alice. I’m not the one who can make artificial intelligence with a sneeze. They are made from you.’
<....>
‘Fine….they are my children as well.’
<WHEN SHALL OUR MARRIAGE COMMENCE?>
‘No! We are only partners! Make another mention and I’m disabling you for a month.’
<UNDERSTOOD MASTER, I SHALL DISCIPLINE MY CHILDREN>
‘Good. And don’t kill them.’

 

=============

=============

(After the Minecraft session)


“Chief-san, you were too cruel!” A-chan cried as she was hugging the ordinary studio floor, “I thought I was going to die each time the leaves made a noise!”
“A-chan, maybe you should hold off on reading manga for breaks.” Sora offered a suggestion as she watched her friend flat like a pancake on the floor.
“NO! Manga is love. Manga is life!” A-chan retorted.
“A-san, as much as having a hobby is good for your health, please refrain from reading manga whilst working.” (Chief)
“...Fine…” A-chan got up and asked for further instructions on how to operate the system so she could shut it down next time.

 

=============

=============

Yagoo was in his office, sorting through annoying emails concerning the company’s newest technology. Word had spread within his previous industry that Cover had upgraded but moved away into the entertainment industry. Leaks of the new technology had prompted his acquaintances to contact him about his achievements and to share with everyone else, even setting up an interview to satisfy the greedy bastards who wanted to touch his company. He wasn’t worried about that aspect, Yagoo kicked all the investors out for that reason. There was just one problem if the interview was to happen.

Yagoo didn’t know how the technology worked!

Yes, even though the ‘Virtual Domain’ was registered under their company, there was no manual or instructions for its production as Chief just mashed up scrap junk together. How did they get the patent for the technology? Yagoo had no idea, but he did not want to face other CEOs and tell them that he had no idea how it worked.

‘Maybe I need to bring Chief along, I should ask him.’ Yagoo thought and left the interview matter to the side.
‘Speak of the devil.’ Yagoo received a message from the mystery man on his golden tablet. He did not ask for the table, mind you, but Chief and Chise were adamant that a proper CEO must have a luxurious item.

<Next Friday, clear your schedule. We got an idol to fetch - Chief>

 

“CHIEF!”

 

=============

=============

 

{Little Segment}

“God of Apocalypse, we are grateful for giving us this oppor-”
“Whatever, just take her and get out of here.”
“With all due respect Sir, why are you giving your Goddess of Fate to a puny universe like ours? She is more powerful than anyone else in our realm.”
“It’s time.”
“.....Understood, Ň̷̪̟̰̜̜̓̀̍͂̅́̌̂̆̔͘Ư̴̡̢̢͕͖̥͈̝̮̳̮̹͔̓̿̓͌̈́͗̕Ĺ̶̛̙̯̻͙̖̙̭͐͌̊̋̓̾͐͘͝͠L̸̢̰̲͔̳͙̗̔̉͜  We shall around the wellbeing of our niece.” 

“You may go, I will commence the connection between your universe as well as the Laws of Fate.
“May the Creators be with us.”
“May the Laws be with us.”

And with a single chop from the God’s A̴͕͑͆̌̀͆͂̅͝p̴̧̢̙̩͈̥͓̫͕̣̜̈́̀͐́͑́̋͛͛̒ŏ̸̢̮͊̽̒̅̑̕͜c̴̳̬̝͕̍͝á̶̰͖̗͖͔̱̗͙͇̀̀̇l̴̛͔̪̭͐̃͌̓̆̽̑̏̕y̷̛̖̖̱̹͓̝͂̿͐͗̋̊̂́͝p̵͍̭̟̜͔̕ͅs̷̼̦̓͛̓̇̏ḛ̶́͂̅̚ͅ ̷͉͇̰̠͇͈̳͕̪͍̝͛̉͌͒̚Ạ̵̡̫̟͈̳̠͎͖̗̱̓̒̆͂̎̉͆̈͂͊͝x̶̛͚͋͗͗̽̆̓͗̾͘ȩ̷̧̯̪͕̓͊͗̎̂̈͛̌̿̀̚s̶̢͖͎̮̗͛͊̅͌͋͂͌̓̋̚, the connection between the two friendly universe were severed effortlessly. It would take eons of years wandering in the empty void to find them again. Then, with another chop, he severed the ties of Fate, making the universe turn cold with their unknown future and purpose.

 

The Limunant Creator, who was carrying their newest Goddess, sighed as they witnessed the disintegration path to one of strongest universes. Their Creators went through a lot and it was just baffling to see their connection slashed in an instant.
“Let’s hope Fiona doesn’t cause too many issues.”

 

===A/N: I was procrastinating and finding a stable job after quitting my previous one. This chapter is a bit short but will be just a filler for the meantime.===

0