Chapter 1: “A Person in a Cloak.”
76 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

World of Monsters official light novel.

Volume 1

Chapter 1: "A Person in a Cloak."   

 

 

As people are peacefully walking in a huge city, a man suddenly starts screaming in fear.

He yells:

"Oh, no, guys look!

A monster!"

People start mindlessly screaming, as a huge green mantis jumps from the building.

1661977799167.jpg

It laughs disturbingly and then loudly proclaims:

"Come, walking meatballs, come!"

As this horrific creature is wandering around and killing innocent people, 

the building where it jumped from starts collapsing.

Suddenly, a strange person in a dark brown cloak which covers his whole body, appears and tries to pull the building back to where it was, while the huge praying mantis pushes him away and lets the building collapse as people inside of it helplessly call for help.

People start to panic even more.

Then, that evil mantis arrogantly says:

"Who are you!?"

Ah, it doesn't matter, just another meal I can feast on!"

The cloaked individual gets mad and attacks it.

He throws a punch at the mantis hitting it and causing it to tumble across the ground until it crashed into a wall.

"Wait, did I kill it?!" (Cloaked individual) 

Suddenly, the monster gets up from the ground, without a left eye, hissing and roaring, ripping the smoke around in a frenzy.

"Damn you, what have you done to me!? You will pay for that! 

Hisssss!"

It starts attacking that person with its huge raptorial arms and rips half of his cloak, enough for his face to almost be visible.

The man immediately starts to run away to find cover wherever he can.

While he is running, that monster is chasing him around the city.

News about the monster are spreading everywhere..

The horrific mantis hits the guy and hurls him into a building.

Everybody is cowering in fear as the monstrous mantis is slowly approaching them.

Out of all the humans it chooses an innocent child to eat.

Just at the time it was about to devour the child, that man comes to his senses and loses his temper.

Then he growls:

"Well, I think I have no choice."

He comes from behind and uses his full strenght to rip the mantis in half, 'roaring'. 

Its stomach acid starts to fall like rain on him, dissolving his cloak.

He turns out to be a 'wild beast',

1661977799154.png

He approaches the child and says:

"Are you alright? My name is Makari and I didn't mean to scare you." 

"Don't you dare eat my son!"

Says the child's mother who suddenly takes him and runs away.

Makari gets a bit mad and says:

"Oh come on!

Will anyone listen to me before running away!?".

Unfortunately, nobody listens to him and they start to run away screaming:

"Oh no, another monster! Run for your life as fast as you can!" 

Then Makari silently says:

"Crap, my cloak is half dissolved , the police are coming. No matter how much I try to help people, the more they fear me!

Anyways I cannot afford to put my life on the line anymore!"

He starts running away as fast as he can, to avoid getting caught.

It is now night time and he decides to silently take a walk.

While he is walking he murmurs:

"My god... 

Living here is like being trapped in an endless nightmare!

Every time I decide or even think of just taking a walk to refresh myself, I see the same thing going on again and again, everywhere I go!

Situation is getting worse and worse.

Huge famine hit the world, people are protesting, fighting, living in fear and worst of all, mass carnage by monsters is becoming a normal thing!

They are like a plague.

Police and military are trying their best to protect people, but take heavy casualties every time.

The worst thing of all is that nobody knows who stands behind all this, including me!

Every time I try to help, I just make it worse.

Or maybe it's just me. 

Who knows.

It is starting to get late, I must get some sleep."

After a little bit of walking, he decides to go back to his small house near the city and go to sleep.

 

 

 

 

To be continued...

0