Chapter 47
337 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dany went to Temple of Memory the other day to read the history of Qarth.

From the thick sheepskin book, she got three important pieces of information: first, the world map centered on Qarth, so she knew the whole picture of the world; second, the speculation related to Whitecloud was confirmed.

When Valyria was not destroyed, Slaver's Bay had Valyrian roads connecting the major city-states of Valyria.

The Valyrian roads are a monolithic stone road smelted by Magic and lava, it is wider and stronger than the most modern highways. It connects almost all the city-states through it and Noyne river in the western side of the continent.

If you want to get rich, build roads first.

There is no safer high-speed passage than Valyrian roads. At that time, businessmen went to        "Far East – Jade Sea – Qarth – Whitecloud – Slaver's Bay – Valyrian road – all over the world" And all routes, have desert Wonders like Whitecloud.

Dany guessed a little wrong. The dry riverbed she noticed was not natural river, but an artificial one.

Valyrians drove the slaves to dig an artificial river from the source of the Lhazar River, for nearly a thousand kilometers, through two white cities, until the third white city as the end point.

Three hundred years ago, Valyria was destroyed in the cataclysm, and the entire Lands of Long Summer was shrouded in a strange curse. From Slaver's Bay to Volantis, the Valyrian road became the Demon Road that everyone feared.

In this way, the thousand-year-old 'Silk Road' between the East and the West came to an end, and merchants could only avoid the road from Volantis to Qarth by going by sea.

The white city has lost its existence value, and the rivers that require a lot of manpower to repair it every few years are gradually drying up.

In less than a hundred years, the white city, whose strength was weakened to the extreme, was destroyed in the hands of passing Dothraki.

Well, getting down to business, the third piece of information Dany got from the Temple of Memory was related to Valyria.

Valyrian Dragonlords had captured the Plains of the Jogos Nhai in the Far East for catching slaves, how could they let go of Qarth beside them?

On the day the dragons came to this city, the ancient Qarth Pureborn perished, leaving only one princess to become the wife of a Valyrian Dragonlord, the two ancestors of the Pureborn before Dany today.

Dany guesses that the Pureborn must be both covet and be terrified of her dragons.

As the Mother of Dragons, she has the ability to be the ancestor of the next Qarth Pureborn, just as that Dragonlord did back in the day.

So, Dany asked the Royal Family at the top: "The great rulers of the Queen of Cities, I ask you, lend me a fleet, so that I may return to the home I miss day and night, The people of Westeros will thank you for bringing back their Queen."

At the end, she wept sadly, wiping away tears.

Qarth's onions are awesome!

It was a little embarrassing. In the huge hall, her finely choked sob actually produced an echo. It was really empty and silent, and no one gave her a response.

"swoo wu..." Maybe the Pureborn also felt that it was too embarrassing to be so cold, and there were sobbing and crying sounds from the high platform.

It's almost like a nursery.

It was Wendello who received 777 Gold Honors from Dany.

"Daenerys, your words are really touching, your emotions deeply touch me." He wiped away tears.

Dany's eyes widened, expecting him to continue, it would be great to send her dozens of warships.

"But I'm love music, and not interested in business like The Thirteen Princes, they all have a huge fleet, I have wealth to rival a nation, but I don't have the fleet you need."

Dany's heart is half cold, you bastard, you say say you have wealth to rival a nation, and you are so stingy.

"Khaleesi, your clothes, your manners, and the way you speak all move me." Another Pureborn who took bribes, known as "Egon the Exquisite", used a crying tone, He politely refused: "I am a Pureborn, but I am also a poet. I would like to write a poem about your experience." In High Valyrian he recited poetry.

The content of the poem roughly tells the story of an ancient kingdom's Last Princess, how she went through all kinds of difficulties and dangers, but finally got the support of many subjects, defeated the Usurper, successfully married the prince, and grew into a Generational Queen.

Although he can't send a fleet to send Dany back to her kingdom, she can still fulfill her dream in this way!

"swoo wu, it's so touching, and I wish you successes easily, Her Majesty of the Seven Kingdoms." Many people said for the first time… uh, that is refusal.

Some people learned from Egon and the others and rejected them euphemisms, while others remained silent and silently rejected.

I don't know when, the large Seneschal, who had been standing quietly at the lower left corner of the steps, suddenly moved a few steps to the middle, not disturbing the Pureborn on the five-meter-high platform, and just letting Dany see himself.

Dany, caught a glimpse of him gesturing quietly to her, signaling the end of today's petition.

what? Is this the end?

Even if you don't send a few warships, you should have a gift in return, right?

She has gifted more than 10,000 Honors.

In order to raise money, she also sold most of the gifts from visitors.

These Qarth Pureborn are really a group of bastards! They completely disregard guest etiquette, completely stingy!

Dany cursed too the eighteen generations of the Pureborn's ancestors over and over again in her heart, still mourning, wiping her tears to express her gratitude to the Pureborn, and then politely asked to retire.

After leaving the palace, she waited for another hour in the drill field of the side hall. When the sky was getting dark, three dragons landed on her side, and she re-hooked the lock ring, and a group of people came along the path, leaving the Hall of a Thousand Thrones.

When she came by the bullock cart at noon, because the sun was high in the sky, the weather was too hot, and the street was sparsely populated. At this time, it was approaching dusk, and the wide road was blocked by the crowd.

Jhogo in front had to "crack" his whip in the air while shouting loudly from his horse, "Get out of the way, you milk men, get out of the way! To Mother of Dragons make way."

But his jerky Valyrian language can only attract the curious eyes of countless people, and it has no effect on improving the congested environment at this time, and the ox cart can only move forward step by step.

It seems commonplace for the great businessman Xaro, reclining leisurely on the backrest of the cool mat, pouring the ruby ​​wine into a pair of matching Emerald gold goblets, steadfastly. Handed it to Dany on the opposite side, "My light of love, I see deep disappointment written in your red and swollen eyes, have they rejected you?"

Dany took the glass and drank it More than half, "You hold a bright vision, and insight into many affairs, yes, the Pureborn were ruthless in their rejection of me.

Or, they simply didn't think to help me, purely because the curiosity about dragons and their own boredom called me here."

Xaro hearing this did not show any unexpected expression on his face, while pouring wine for himself, he asked casually: "What did they all say?"

"Wendello said he had no boats and couldn't help me, 'Egon the Exquisite' recited a poem for me in tears, and Mathos who took my 500 Gold Honor didn't even bother to say anything about refusal." Dany sighed then said, and asked, "Can I get Ser Jorah to ask him to get the money back?"

"Ai, these Qartheen are really untrustworthy, people without credit can't survive in the business world, Qarth is the biggest business capital, so the power of the Pureborn is getting lower and lower, and its reputation is getting worse and worse. Xaro mocked a few words with contempt, and then solemnly looked towards Dany, admonishing her: "If it's about getting the gift back, don't mention it again – if you don't want the 'Sorrowful Men' to sneak into my palace one night and murder you while you're asleep."

"Sorrowful Men … "Dany nods, and stopped the thought of asking Mathos for the money back.

Qartheen not only sheds tears at every turn, and regards tears as a sign of a civilized person, there is another characteristic: politeness.

When the Qarth assassins kill, they also politely say "I am so sorry" to the victim. Hence, the historic killer group became known as the "Sorrowful Men".

Well, the politeness of believing yourself infallible. What happened this afternoon at the Hall of a Thousand Thrones didn't make Dany feel that the Qartheen was being polite.

"Ao, my love, don't be too sad, you're not alone in what happened today." Xaro's left and right hand spread their arms wide, resting on the back of the soft couch, hooking the wine glass between his fingers of his right hand and shook it gently. "Qarth has a saying, it is easier to milk the Stone Cow of Faros than to wring gold from the Pureborn.

Do you know of Faros? Located in the Jade Sea it's a peculiar island where people worship the Stone Cow.

My luxury boat can take you there to see the local sights if you will marry me. In fact with my caravan all over the Jade Sea, you can go anywhere you want.

We can travel to Yi Ti, we can also go to find the dream city of the poet's, we can go to the Plains of the Jogos Nhai, use the skull the Jhattar use and take sips…"

"I will sail to Westeros and sip the wine of vengeance with the head of the Usurper. Why don't you and I go to King's Landing, the scenery of the Sunset Continent is more beautiful and mysterious than the Jade Sea." Dany winked at him and said with a smile: "In addition to the shocking sights beyond the north Wall, I heard that there are White walkers in the extreme northern lands!

Do you know of White walkers? The terrifying monsters that can bring eternal night to the world is much more interesting than that of a stone cow!"

"Let the White walkers come, it would be more chilling for me to be rejected by you again than the onset of the eternal night." He turned his face and squeezed out a few more tears from his eyes.

Sure enough, every Qartheen can cry under any circumstances.

"I've told you many times, I'm a businessman, all businessmen are pacifists, war is the killer of stable trade. We may expect war from others, but for us it is best too never get involved.

Also, I can't figure out what's so good about that iron throne in King's Landing, I heard that it was smelted by your ancestors with thousands of swords. It's cold, hard and sharp. An iron monster.

Aren't you afraid of those uneven spikes cutting your buttocks?" The businessman also rejected Dany again.

"bang!"

In the street outside the car, countless citizens suddenly shouted together, and the huge sound seemed to overturn the ox cart under Dany's seat.

"Crench—" The ox cart also stopped suddenly at this time.

"What happened?" Dany asked loudly through the veil.

6