Chapter 50
351 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dany didn't immediately agree too Xaro to meet Urrathon, and when she asked Jorah for advice that night, the Knight advised her not to deal with those mystical people.

"Ser, this is not Westeros a deserted magic land, I also want to keep away from Sorcerers, but when you often go to the streets, and there are silhouettes of Firemages, Warlocks, Priests, and the others everywhere...you can't escape." she sighed.

Even the extreme western lands under the doctrine of The Seven, Westeros, is experiencing waves of unprecedented Magic events at this time.

Earl Beric, who has died many times, has upon each death been resurrected again, and again. The Red Woman whom used the shadows to kill people in the air and cursed by leeches…Catelyn Stark will be resurrected.

There is also prophecies. The threshold of prophecy skills is terrifying and yet...

In such a fantastic world, the idea of ​​respecting spirits but keep away from them is not acceptable, they cannot be avoided!

So Dany asked him directly what Urrathon was like, but he was untrustworthy.

"Xaro didn't lie, Urrathon is more willing to enjoy a comfortable life than to seek the truth of the world. He is far less threatening than that Pyat Pree, if he allows us to accompany you, it should not count as dangerous compared to that shriveled, and ugly man."

"Of course, your best bet is to not go and communicate with any Warlock. Without contact, without blood and hair, it would be difficult for the Warlocks to harm anyone."

In the end, Ser Jorah persuaded her again.

Dany didn't take his advice for the simple reason that it couldn't be avoided.

Did Renly take the initiative to deal with sorcery?

It's not the reason the shadow cuts his throat with a knife.

Westeros desperately suppressed mysterious power. The Firemages, Red Priests and other magic users, which are almost normal in Essos continent, have never seen it before, but the crisis of White walkers broke out in the North.

Old Jeor Mormont led a group of Night's Watch to leave the Wall and went beyond the wall to inquire about the White walkers movements, but only Sam knew that Dragonglass could deal with the them.

Even Sam is cramming the information he just found in the Night's Watch library.

Dany, who has dragons as the ultimate weapon, does not have to forcefully master the power of Magic and sorcery, but at least she has too have a certain understanding of those mysterious powers.

According to the agreed time, at about eight o'clock in the evening, Dany and Xaro rode in an ox cart, escorted by Jorah and the others. They crossed four streets, two brightly lit night markets, and came to the Western Districts small businessmen gathering area.

"Urrathon is a lot more normal than other Warlock, but to us, he's still an oddball." Xaro moved his fat body and almost slumped out of the carriage.

He laughed as he walked: "Almost no one sees him during the day, but after the early morning, people often see him in the streets, square fountains, and piers. His silhouette wrapped in gray Sorcerer robes."

"That's why they call me Nightwalker."

Dany rubbed her eyes, the red copper-inlaid purple wood door that had been tightly closed was wide open, and there was a standing man at the door. A middle age person with half-length black hair.

Typical Qarth milk white skin, long horse like face, blue lips representing the Warlock, wearing a Black Pearl on the left side of his nose, very conspicuous against his pale face.

"When did you… come out?" Dany sighed, in shock.

She was agile and jumped out of the carriage first, her eyes never leaving the door a few steps away, the wooden door was closed a moment ago, and in a blink of an eye, the master had already gone out to welcome the guests.

"Hahaha, Mother of Dragons, you are the source of Wonders, you shouldn't be surprised by these little tricks." Urrathon said with a big smile.

"Sorcerer's little tricks, nothing at worst." Xaro shook his head, his face indifferent. "Compared to that Spawn of Shadows Quaithe, he's not even an apprentice."

The businessman was very rude, but Nightwalker was not angry, "In the whole of Qarth, except for the Undying Ones that exist in the temple, who can say that they are stronger than Quaithe?

"Welcome, Mother of Dragons, it is the greatest honor in my life that I can admire your face in this cold house." Urrathon gave a salute like a gentleman, and said loudly: "In order to express my gratitude, I will do my best to show you the power of Magic tonight."

After he finished speaking, he slapped "pa pa pa" three times in a row, and in the eyes of Dany and the others, he stretched out his right hand as an invitation, "please come with me ."

Confused, Dany stepped up the stairs and over the threshold.

"My God, it's so beautiful!" She couldn't help exclaiming.

Behind the gate is a red flagstone road. There are flower beds on both sides of the two-meter wide stone road, which are full of sorghum-like plants, slender and long, more than two meters high, and their stems a white opaque glass, the top brown Leaf glows in a dim-blue shimmer.

Walking in the meantime, it seems to have become a magical world, Dany indulges in the strange beauty and can't extricate herself, and her footsteps slow down unconsciously.

"Ghost Grass?!" Ser Jorah suddenly changed color and exclaimed.

"clang clang clang!" The Bloodriders were stunned for a moment, then immediately pulled out their arakh and stepped forward to protect Dany firmly in the middle.

"Don't get excited, this is a Warlock's mansion, and Ghost Grass is just a landscape plant." Nightwalker lightly said with a smile.

"Khaleesi, this is Cursed Land, we have to leave, only the cursed Souls can make Ghost Grass shimmer. It is known." Aggo loudly said.

"It is known." Rakharo agreed.

"Ghost Grass is something unknown. When it covers the world, other lives will come to an end, it is known." Jhogo shouted.

"Calm down, if Ghost Grass is so terrifying, will the Qartheen allow it to exist in their territory?" Dany pushed Aggo and Rakharo away and continued walking.

"Mother of Dragons, you have wisdom that is beyond the reach of ordinary people." After complimenting, Urrathon explained: "The reason why Dothraki are afraid of Ghost Grass is just because this plant is extremely aggressive, and any where they exist, other plants can't survive, and with cattle and horses unable to feed on Ghost Grass…"

"Hehe, your Barbarians still call sea water poisonous. The water that cannot be drunk is poisonous water, and the grass that horses cannot eat is cursed grass."

Although Urrathon makes a lot of sense, Dany doesn't like his tone of disparaging the Dothraki.

"If Ghost Grass is just an ordinary plant, why did Lord Warlock plant it in his garden?"

"Um…" Urrathon gives her a deep look, nodded and said: "Yes, Ghost Grass is not ordinary at all, it is a natural Magic 'water level gauge'.

Magic comes in, the Ghost Grass starts to grow, and as the magic of the world ebbs, Ghost Grass withers and cannot germinate again.

The growth of Ghost Grass is determined by the magic of the world, and the Dothraki's concern that it may cover the world is completely unnecessary."

Dany touched the stalk like white glaze in surprise, but didn't feel any strange feeling.

"You clapped before entering the door…what did you do?" she asked.

"A curse on them," Urrathon grinned eccentrically, "The newly dead soul makes it phosphorescent."

"Uh..."

"Uh..."

Urrathon took no politeness and took Dany and her party directly to the his laboratory.

Jorah and Dothraki are in awe of the bottles, but Dany has a weird look on her face with the illusion of being in a chemistry lab.

Glass beakers, measuring cylinders, measuring flasks, brown reagent bottles, iron stills, weird heating…lamps?

"What is this lamp?" she pointed toward a heating device like a small liquefied gas jar, and asked curiously.

"Secondary Wildfire Reagent."

"Wildfire?!" Jorah yelled, quickly pulling Dany back a few steps, shouting, "Seven Hells, you're crazy! Putting Wildfire casually on the table? In the heat of Qarth—"

Urrathon interrupted: "In the heat of Qarth, it should have exploded. But as you can see, my potion lab is still intact."

"Did you find a more stable Wildfire formula?" Jorah horrified.

What is Wildfire?

Wildfire=Lower version of Amaterasu

In addition to needing oxygen, it has the property that Amaterasu can burn on anything and can't burn out.

The Ice and Fire World's wars would have changed a long time ago, if not for the extremely flammable and strong fire being extremely unstable.

Well, into the age of 'hot' weapons.

If Urrathon develops a Wildfire that doesn't explode in hot summer, then Qarth can dominate the world.

"Ice in the jar." Dany said, touching the grey iron jar.

"Yes, each time you use it, take out a portion of it and put it in a burning dish." Urrathon said casually, then pointed at the milk-white glass rod on the marble base, and said: "While the production of Wildfire is also related to Magic, it is nothing more than a juggler's trick. The glass candle is the embodiment of the power of the Mage."

"glass candle?"

It was a twisted glass rod more than one meter long, black, opaque, and inserted on a square stone platform half a meter high. There was nothing unusual about it on the outside.

Dany wondered: "What's the use of it?"

"You're good." Urrathon walked over to the glass rod with a serious look, and said in a high-pitched voice that Dany couldn't understand…that's the conjuration language that belongs to Warlocks.

"wa!"

The dark laboratory, like flipping the switch of a 200-watt electric bulb, suddenly brightened. The glass candle pours rays of light as bright as snow into the air without restraint.

Rays of light are in the form of strands, like catkins falling, and like goose feathers and white snow flying under the scorching sun at noon, like a dream, like a time and space transfer, to a strange world of light.

"Try to enter the void." Urrathon's voice came faintly.

Dany's trance was awakened by him.

If you don't tell me, I'm 80% really in a state of emptiness, and she complained in her heart.

Suddenly, Dany's heart moved, and her Soul ignored the distance of a few streets and found the Black Dragon in the mansion.

"shua!"

She enters Dreki mode, and Black Dragon's Soul fuses with her.

Then she turned her eyes to the rays of light glass candle again, "Om–"

Her mind shuddered, and the white light curtain in front of her blurred and changed again. She had clearly seen a picture: she fell rapidly from the boundless universe, fell to a height of 10 meters above the ground and stopped abruptly, and she came too…

It is a vast grassland, and yurts are densely covering the grassland like mushrooms after rain. Most of the tents have dimmed bonfires, and a few are like bright orange rays of light.

"Dik, my treasured son, you can really eat it."

A voice sounded in her ear, and the scene in her field of vision changed again, and she suddenly entered a spacious palace with straw curtains. A familiar palace, a familiar voice, a familiar silver-haired woman, a familiar fat white baby …

"Eyah!" The silver-haired baby boy with his head down suddenly opened his eyes and met with Dany's.

"Ouch!" Dany was startled with a shove on the shoulder, and turned around to see Jorah looking at herself worriedly.

6