Chapter 60
295 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I have three dragons, yes, but I'm the only one left in Targaryen, and young Aegon is long dead…" Having said that, Dany looked towards Whitebeard and asked, "You know the 'Song of Ice and Fire'? Rhaegar also said that Aegon is a Child of Prophecy, and the 'Song of Ice and Fire' was born for him."

BGM(Background Music) with the 'Song of Ice and Fire', it sounds like a protagonist.

Whitebeard pondered for a while, and said, "The Targaryen family emblem is indeed a Three Headed Dragon, which means Aegon and his two sisters, three dragons, and three Dragon riders.

'The dragon has three heads' should mean this, but I don't know who else is missing.

It's the 'Prince that was Promised', which was circulated in the Targaryen royal family several decades ago."

"Prince that was Promised? Does House Targaryen still say that?" Dany looked at Jorah suspiciously, hoping to get confirmation from him.

"Sorry, I don't know either." Jorah frowned and shook his head, looking towards the old man suspiciously, "Arstan, how did you know this?"

"hehe, it's an old thing from several decades ago, you North people are ignorant and inexperienced." Whitebeard laughed for a while, and continued the previous topic, saying: "In legend, House Targaryen will give birth to a Prince, who is the reincarnation of Azor Ahai, who will—"

"Wait, Azor Ahai?" Dany interrupted him, asking curiously, "Isn't it 'After Long Summer, the stars cry blood, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt'?"

"Uh, that's about it. I also know that this ancient Asshai prophecy circulated in the Essos continent, but in Westeros, there is a prophet who clearly said that the reborn Azor Ahai will be a Targaryen Prince just a few decades ago," Whitebeard nods and said.

That hellish Azor Ahai is so rare, people from all over the world are looking forward to his reincarnation?

Whether he saves the world from the White walkers or not, killing his wife to create the sword is a foregone conclusion.

(T.N.)(According to Game of Thrones lore, Azor Ahai was a legendary hero who led the charge against the White Walkers in the original fight between good and evil. He did it using Lightbringer, a flaming sword that he forged and then used to kill his wife, Nissa Nissa, imbuing it with magic powers. It is also said that Azor Ahai founded the nation called "Patrimony of Hyrkoon" named after his name within that region.)

The old spotted Dothraki told the story of "Patrimony of Hyrkoon". After saving the world, Hyrkoon (Azor Ahai) gave birth to many little Hyrkoons!

So, who was he with?

Scumbag!

Seeming to see the disapproval on Dany's face, Whitebeard said resolutely: "Even if Ser Mormont didn't know the prophecy, he must have heard of 'Jenny of Oldstones'."

Forget Jorah, even Dany who has never been to Westeros knows "Jenny of Oldstones".

In the Song of Ice and Fire World, she's the first Mary Sue type character.

At Daenerys and Horselord Drogo's wedding, all the guests gave presents, even Mormont, whose wife ran away from him because of poverty, gave two old books.

There is no name, the parchment manuscript, which Dany has read many times in order to understand the world.

It's probably "Westeros Fairy Tales".

There are some Seven Kingdoms legendary stories, which are written very briefly and superficially, and are specially designed to help children learn to read and write.

It includes the story of Jenny of Oldstones.

She is said to be from Oldstones – the ruins of a 6000-year-old First Men King city in the wilderness, with no explicit parents, only calling herself a descendant of the First Men King (Oldstones is the capital of a First Men King, destroyed by the Andals invasion 6000 years ago).

But people in the nearby village didn't believe her words, and mocked her as a crazy peasant girl, maybe even a witch.

But one thing's for sure, she was very beautiful, mysterious, and charming.

So much so that Crown Prince Duncan, who was already engaged, would rather give up the throne and marry her after meeting Jenny with flowers in her hairline in the wild.

Speaking of which, Jenny is also Dany's great aunt, and her husband is Dany's grandfather's older brother.

Well, Dany's grandfather got a great deal and took the throne as the second son.

"Jenny of Oldstones has something to do with Child of Prophecy?" Dany wondered.

"Her Royal Highness Jenny did not enter the palace alone, she also has a good friend who grew up with her, a prophetess." Whitebeard's blue eyes flashed with reminiscence, and his voice was low and powerful, slowly passing into the ears of the people.

"Her Royal Highness, Jenny's companion called themself a Child of the Forest, but everyone thought she was just a strange looking dwarf.

The witch once said to your grandfather, the Prince that was Promised is coming to the descendants of Prince Aerys and Princess Rhaella.

So your parents may not have been in love, but yet still married… alas, fortune plays with people, if King Aerys was in love, then that may not have happened to Joanna of Casterly Rock."

"Joanna of Casterly Rock?" Mormont shuddered, horrified, "Aren't you talking about Joanna Lannister?"

Whitebeard took a deep look at the Knight and said, "It's Duke Tywin's Lady, as Princess Rhaella's friend, Joanna grew up in Red Keep, and His Majesty Aerys…"

"Ahhh, I have digressed, now seeing Your Majesty Daenerys, I feel like the prophet's prophecy came true," he said to Dany, shaking his head.

"Hehe, do you think I'm the Child of Prophecy, the reincarnation of Azor Ahai?" Dany shook her head and chuckled, "In the prophecies I saw, Rhaegar almost cut through time and told me that the baby in his arms is the Child of Prophecy."

"Little Prince Aegon is dead and the prophecy is broken." Jorah said solemnly.

"Anyway, you are the true Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, please come with us back to Pentos," Whitebeard said to Dany.

Dany figured it out. In name, Whitebeard is just Belwas' squire, but he is the real boss.

"When did you come to Qarth?" she asked.

"It's been four or five days."

"Why did you come to me today?"

Whitebeard explained: "Groleo, the leader and captain of the merchant ship, is an orthodox Pentos merchant who believes that a ship does not run empty.

We are here to bring Myr's precision handicrafts to Qarth, and we will also take oriental spices, silk, porcelain, etc. from Qarth. So far, the goods that have been shipped have not been sold out, and the goods from the East have not…"

Speaking of which, the old man frowned and looked at the Dothraki sitting in the shade, and sighed: "After you have placed Your Majesty's people and luggage, you should purchase goods according to the remaining space in the cabin."

"You heard that I was leaving soon, so you rushed over immediately?"

"That's it." The old man nods.

There is one more thing he didn't say, he was secretly examining whether Dany has the qualifications to become Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, which is also the reason why they didn't come to the door immediately.

For the elderly, as long as Dany doesn't inherit the Mad King's crazy genes, she is eligible.

I don't blame him for his low requirements. There are too few people to choose from.

Dany asked the maid to move the two guests, and she returned to the living room with her Bloodriders and Jorah to discuss what to do next.

Aggo They have always believed that Dothraki should not leave the solid land, and the endless poisonous water will drown the whole world, which is too dangerous.

Well, Dothraki are all ducks and have fear of the sea. Their opinions are too biased and not worth much reference.

Jorah only hesitated for a moment before suggesting that Dany agree to Illyrio's invitation.

"You are being targeted by him, whether he has other goals or just wants to profit from your restoration, we will not give up your three dragons easily.

He can find you once then he can find you a second time, and if you keep saying no, maybe…"

After a pause for Dany to think about the worst, he continued : "It is also safer and faster to travel by sea."

"We are not used to fighting on poisonous water, and our strength is reduced." Quaro retorted.

"It is more difficult to be tracked by sea, and it is naturally safer if you do not encounter enemies. Although you are Warriors on horseback, the two items that dominate the Essos continent – ​​an Arakh and bow and arrow, are not completely useless on a sea ship."

Jorah's eyes flashed an angry look, "In fact, if things go wrong, we have the strength to seize control of the sea ship. We will not go to Pentos, The ship will take us to Slaver's Bay."

Second day morning, Captain Groleo came over to meet Dany.

It was a weather-beaten, rough and sturdy old seaman, of medium build, with a fluffy beard joined by curly blackheads, who seemed to have only one large tooth and straight, sharp dark brown eyes that leaked from the face.

In the communication with Dany, Captain Groleo was not strong, and he offered to give up his captain's room when he first saw her.

Like Belwas, he has made Dany an object of his service and allegiance.

Of course, Dany doesn't tell him to change direction as soon as they meet.

Even Dany wouldn't take the initiative to mention this. She was just 15 years old, simple and confused, she had no opinion, and only obeyed Jorah Mormont.

If Illyrio has bad thoughts, the Queensguard is to blame.

When Trasho learned that Illyrio had sent a boat to pick her up, he only said that the house could be accommodated for a few days, but the food was prepared by her own.

After that, he didn't show up very much, and anything was communicated on his behalf through a steward.

While waiting for the merchant ship to come in, Dany didn't have time to spare. First of all, she had to sell all the 300 camels she had just bought, which was a small loss.

Not only will the camels be sold, but the elderly and the weak will not need to ride horses. In addition to the 80 elite cavalry, the rest of the horses will also be disposed of.

In fact, Dany sold 70% of the tribe's war horses, and then spent money to equip the cavalry with a better breed of horses.

Drogo Khalasar's good horses have been taken away by the many new Khals who have left, and the remaining horses are not suitable for battle.

Finally, Dany asked Captain Groleo to select two hundred sailors from his fleet, the Dothraki, including the Bloodrider, were asked to learn to swim, and those sailors were the instructors.

Jorah Mormont grew up by the sea and did not need to attend training.

Two days later, Dany ate breakfast, a loofah and shrimp soup, and decided to go to the dock to see Groleo's great ship in person to see if there were any issues that were overlooked.

For example, if one gets sepsis during a Great Voyage one may became terror-stricken at the news.

I don't know if this magical world has encountered this problem. From Qarth to Pentos, it is farther than Europe across the Atlantic Ocean.

She went to the stable in faded sand silk trousers and woven straw sandals.

The small slender waist has a silver medallion belt and a small Arakh dangling from the belt.

The silver hair that fell to her shoulders was also braided by Jhiqui in a Dothraki style, with a silver bell tied at the end, which jingled with her light stride.

The Dothraki maid thinks Dany's burning of the Warlocks at the Palace of Dust and sending the Soul of the Undying Ones to death is a triumph to brag about and fully worthy of adding a bell to the tresses.

Dany is very helpless about this, not for the bell, but… even the stupid Dothraki think she killed the Undying Ones, is Grand Warlock stupider than the Dothraki?

6