Chapter 62
290 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ten…no, no, a thousand…" The Asshai's sclera occupied most of his eyes and seemed to see crazy glittering golden honors, "Mother of Dragons, fifty thousand Gold Honor, how about?"

"Not too expensive." Dany nods.

There was a hint of cunning in the black thin man's eyes, and he added: "I mean, one egg is fifty thousand, and two eggs are a total of one hundred thousand."

"His—" The old woman selling fermented goat milk sucked in a breath of cold air next to him and exclaimed: "You only sold 10 Silver Stags before, and no one bought it."

"wa!" Around everyone was stunned by the price of a dragon egg.

"Isn't a dragon worth 50,000 gold coins?" Bowhan blushed and shouted to all around: "Mother of Dragons certified, this is a Dragon egg from Asshai, which can hatch into a Dragon…"

"cough cough..." Dany interrupted him, leaned close to his ear, and whispered, "You're going too far, even for me, a dragon egg made of broken fossil, can't hatch a dragon."

"What nonsense!" he exclaimed surprised and angry.

The voice was also very low, almost popping out of the gap between his few teeth.

Dany laughed, "Is it true that you know that it's nonsense, and even if I lie, everyone will believe me, don't you think?"

"The great Mother of Dragons...10,000… no," Bowhan immediately softened and pleaded, "5,000 Honor and it's sold to you? Both are for you."

"Two useless fossils, what do I need them for?" Dany shook her head, and in his desperate eyes said something that brought him back to Heaven, "However, I won't deliberately sabotage your fortune plan."

"Thank you, thank you Mother of Dragons!" Bowhan almost burst into tears after several turns of sadness and joy.

"But there is one condition," Dany revealed four white teeth, "you have to answer me two questions."

"Yes, let alone two, any is fine." The Asshai man nodded excitedly.

Jorah and Whitebeard are both vigilant, and as soon as Dany leans in to whisper to the merchant, they circle around to isolate her from the outside world.

I heard Dany ask: "Where did you get the broken dragon egg fossil?"

The black skinny Bowhan said quickly: "It is said that Asshai is the birthplace of the dragon. Sometimes explorers found dragon eggs in the deep caves of high mountains.

I don't know if the legend is true or false, nor have I seen a real dragon egg that can hatch, but Asshai does have dragon egg fossils.

You know, Asshai is extremely unsuitable for human survival, even food and water have to be transported from outside by merchant ships, but we have rich gold and silver mines there.

From time to time, The slaves in the mine will dig out dragon egg fossils like gems, or strange jade stones like dragon eggs.

Many times, we can't tell whether they are dragon eggs or gems. They are all sold as gemstones, and the price is higher than ordinary jade stone.

However, Sorcerers and Red God Priests have unusual ways of using dragon egg fossils, and the people of Asshai know that they have tried many times to hatch dragons from a stone dragon egg.

But how is this possible? A stone is a dead thing, even if it used to be a dragon egg, how can a living thing hatch after thousands of years? Uh…."

The Asshai Bowhan looked at Dany in awe and whispered, "Where did your dragon come from?"

"Go back and ask your mother." Dany said ill-humoredly.

"My mother is dead..."

Bowhan immediately returned to the previous topic, saying with both regret and joy, "My two eggs are the product of a failed experiment, burned to pieces by Wildfire – that's what the Pyromancer said when he sold it to me.

I thought he was bragging and didn't believe they were dragon eggs until you confirmed today…"

"Pyromancer…" Whitebeard Arstan was stunned, muttered: "I didn't expect Asshai's Sorcerers to be just as crazy."

"How much did you pay when you bought it?" Jorah chimes in.

"Five thousand gold…" Under the Knight's sharp eyes, Bowhan smirked and raised two fingers, "Two Silver Stags, but my processing fee…. .."

Dany interrupted him: "Don't talk, the last question, do you know where there are dragon egg fossils?"

The skinny black man confirmed in his tone: "Asshai has it, In the big Magic Towers of the sorcerers, there are one or two dragon eggs that are indistinguishable from the fakes, either as decorations, or in hopes of hatching dragons.

The great Mother of Dragons, you can't imagine it at all. Those peoples thirst for dragons. If you have dragon dung, you can even get it exchanged for its weight in gold in Asshai."

Dragon dung?

Dany's three dragons also poop, but they excrete out little of what they eat, and it's all the same thing as Blackstone.

But instead of keeping it, Dany collected them, ground some of it into powder, and mixed it with grass to feed the horses.

I don't know if it can keep them fit, but the 80 screamer horses are gradually able to keep their feet firm under the Dragon's Might.

In the future, if you face the enemy's cavalry, you only need the dragon to fly around in the sky, their strength will remain unchanged, and the opponent's horse will be weak.

Well, the Dragon's Might is true, Dany has tested it, and where dragons exist, the animals are different.

Forget about dragons, Direwolves can also be regarded as a kind of Legendary beast, Robb Stark will let his Direwolf disturb the enemy cavalry team every time he fights.

Even the docile castrated army horses can smell a Direwolfs breath, and seasoned Knights can't control them so they run wild.

"Sell me a copy of your potion for sticking stones together," Dany said.

Bowhan wondered, "You too…"

"en?" Dany squinted at him, her voice raised.

"Understood, I understand, I understand!" Bowhan was as cheerful as 'seeing a like minded soul', winked at Dany, then smiled and found a glass bottle the size of a fist from the back of the stall, he also tore off a parchment, shua~ shua~ shua~ and wrote a list.

"The medicine, the formula, and the method to cover up the color difference are all here." The bottle and paper were handed over to Dany, who said with a smile: "The method will help, it's guaranteed to work! No bullshit!"

"How much?" Dany asked.

"10 Silver Stags." Bowhan rubbed his hands together.

"You dare to speak." Jorah sneered.

"I bought my potion from an Asshai Sorcerer too," Bowhan argued.

Dany took off the two silver medals from her belt and stuffed them into his hands, "Is that enough?"

The medals were the size of Dany's palm, and they were very thick. Ordinary Silver Stags are about the size of a quarter(25-cent piece).

Bowhan rubbed the medal with a smile and said, "Enough, enough, absolutely enough."

Opening a gap in the crowd of businessmen and tourists, Dany's entire group kept going.

After they left, more people crowded around Bowhan's booth, all clamoring to see the dragon eggs.

Out of the Commerce District, Dany came to the seaside levee.

The coast of gray and black rocks, like fingers outstretched from a palm, extends several piers stacked with long stone strips.

The 'middle finger' in the middle is the best position, not only perfectly avoiding the wind and waves of the Narrow Sea, but also the closest to the Commerce District and the Warehouse District.

It's exclusive to The Thirteen.

Dany even saw the silhouette of Trasho, his luxurious ox-cart parked under a gorgeous large sea boat with "Vermillion Kiss" white painted on the side.

Vermillion Kiss was built with two springboards on the side of the ship connecting to the stone road of the dock, one of which was used to transport cargo. Sailors were naked, carrying boxes of oriental spices such as saffron, frankincense, and pepper from the boat. Put it on the carriage next to the great ship.

Another line carries cargo, barrels of wine, bales of Sourleaf and bales of Zorse hides off the carriage and carried along the ramp into the vacant hold.

Maybe we can sail on the tide tonight.

"This is really efficient, but doesn't the sea ship need to be rested? There are sailors, who have just returned to Qarth and have to load and set off immediately, will they not be tired?" Dany wondered.

Jorah thought for a while and said, "Maybe there will be a change of crew. As for sea ships, a half-years overhaul is enough. The Jade Sea is calmer and the voyage is shorter."

Trasho on the ox cart also saw Dany's entire group, but neither of them had any idea of ​​coming forward to chat. Trasho turned around and continued to shout to the workers. Dany also kept walking along the coast.

Beside the exclusive pier of The Thirteen, about the position of the 'ring finger', there is also a long rock pier, which belongs to the Guild of Spicers.

Dany can almost guess that the "index finger" on the other side must be the Tourmaline Brotherhood's exclusive dock.

Qarth's three Great Chambers of Commerce occupy the most elite dock areas.

The pier at the Guild of Spicers was buzzing with people gathering around a paddle boat called the "Sunblaze", shouting and raising their hands to bid for slaves.

"As everyone knows, to save money on a slave, get it by the boat," Jorah explained to Dany.

"They are from Slaver's Bay?" Dany asked with a frown.

Jorah stood on the saddle, carefully identifying the flag flying on the main mast of the Sundial, uncertain: "It should be from Astapor, look at Harpy on the flag… her claws… A heavy chain hangs from it, with an open shackle at each end, the Astapor symbol."

"Are you selling Unsullied?" Dany tiptoed to see, all naked. men and women without the Unsullieds iconic lightning rod helmet.

"Unsullied are high level slaves and will not be shipped here for sale." Jorah shook his head.

"Hey, Dothraki." Dany saw a group of bronze-skinned youths, almond eyes, long braids, typical Dothraki features.

They were all young, teens, no more than 20.

"An Unsullied has to be cultivated from a young age. Adult Dothraki are usually sent to Meereen to be Pit Fighters. How did they get here?" Jorah was also puzzled.

"Ser, you and Aggo go over and buy them." Dany parked her mount at the entrance of the pier, and Jorah and Aggo dismounted and trotted into the crowd.

About a quarter of an hour later, the two of them walked over with a long string of Dothraki.

Well, the Dothraki slaves have put on gloomy and dull linen tunics by now, a dress worn by Qarth men.

Previously, being naked was mainly to facilitate the guests to check their bodies.

About 20 people, wearing bronze slave collars around their necks, their faces lost the stubbornness that is characteristic of Dothraki, their eyes flickering, cowering, and they didn't dare to look directly at Dany on horseback.

They were trained by the Astapor, Dany sighed.

4