Chapter 67
266 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the first few days, Dany stood on the bow watching the scenery with great interest, and even learned from Jack and Rose's iconic scene by shouting "I am the king of the world!".

Well, she stood behind Big Black and shouted—very confident and in Chinese—not afraid that others would hear…

But the voyage is taking a long time, the blue of the sea and sky is now so monotonous that it can no longer make her interested.

There are two small things worth mentioning. First, the Dothraki are really solid, and they get used to it. Irri Jhiqui ran to the side of the boat when she was free, watching the dolphins swimming with the boat beautifully.

Second thing…

In the beginning, the crew was still very worried that the dragons would burn their ship, and Blackbeard Groleo saw them flying in the sky around the mainmast. When there are three dragons, he was even more nervous, like a maiden.

He shouted to the sailors, filled the sea with empty logs, and hung them on the side of the gunwale to prevent fire.

T.N.:(Gunwale: The upper edge of the side of a boat or ship.)

Then they discovered that dragons only breathe fire in two situations: Dany orders them, and they encounter raw food.

The worries in their hearts dissipated, and then the sailors were surprised to see that where the three dragons go, the rats ran away like crazy.

Dany ended up taking the dragons to the bottom of the cabin, and that night, the sailors added a dish: braised rat.

The rats seemed to have lost their minds, and ran directly to the deck and jumped into the sea…

Three boats, a total of 146 mice were found, the largest of which was more than half a pound.

Dany didn't go to eat rat meat, but the Dothraki, especially, love rats second only to the love of horse meat.

Gradually, when the sailors see the dragons flying in the sky, they will spontaneously feel a strange and strong pride, they often say "we are the Queen's subordinates, under the wings of the Dragon, for her we fight, die for her, and glory to the dragons."

The Dothraki like to lie on the side of the boat and watch dolphins, with the captain to the cook's assistant, they all like to watch the three dragons flying.

Dany was bored in her room practicing the "108-letter phonics table" that she learned from the House of the Undying, which was the basis of the Old Valyria incantation.

"a….hai…gele—mu…" She stumblingly said to the iron card.

"108-letter phonics table" is only the reading of phonics, and she doesn't understand what it means, and it is not at all to guide high-level goods such as magic and meditation.

She didn't even have the complete incantation to read. Finally, she could only take out the dragon crest she found from the Dragonlord's corpse, and read the glyph on it like a little child recites Pinyin.

On the back of the crest, there is a circle of glyphs surrounding a dragon. It is finally a group of two characters separated by spaces.

Dany's iron card is a series of glyph letters. She doesn't even know how to add "punctuation marks".

If you show the phonics to a Chinese person, they would be stunned for a while before they can react. What if you show it to a foreigner with a completely different language?

Dany is facing this situation now, with that "108 alphabet", she can read "a, b, c, d…" together but doesn't know what it means, not knowing how to read.

"We're in trouble, Khaleesi." Doreah walked into the room with a milky clay pot.

The Lys maid is not only used to seeing the sea, but also spent many days with the dragons, and did not mix with the sailors and Dothraki on the deck.

"What's the trouble?" Dany asked casually.

Doreah poured her a large bowl of fresh mare's milk before saying with a sad face: "The wind on the sea is weakening, and it won't be long before the boat will stop, unable to move even a little bit."

This world has five seas that are closely related to human civilization, the "Jade Sea" in the east, which crosses into the Qarth Strait to connect too a large Sea Territory south of Essos, the "Summer Sea"; from Essos in the ocean in the north of the continent is called the "Shivering Sea"; there is a narrow sea between the Essos continent and Westeros, with an average width of 500 kilometers, its name is the "Narrow Sea".

The Westeros people have two common names in Essos, "Andals", or "Visitors of Sunset Lands", Westeros is located in the worlds extreme western lands, but in the west of Westeros, there is also a vast ocean.

The fleet where Dany is located took a day to leave the Qarth Strait and only two days to enter the Summer Sea. It is still some distance away from New Ghis, the most eastern city in the Summer Sea, and farther west, Slaver's Bay is still in the shadows!

Dany leaves the room, finds Blackbeard Groleo and asks about it, he nonchalantly says, "We have two paddle boats!"

Dany didn't quite understand at first what the ships are doing with two paddle boats? The "Summer Sun" has three hundred paddle boats.

After the wind had completely subsided in the afternoon, Blackbeard gave an order, the sailors on the mainmast lookout waved a flag, and the two narrow ships ahead dropped two dinghies.

There are bundles of thick hemp ropes that are larger than people, and about as thick as Dany's wrist. They are tied onto the ring at the protruding point of the dragon bone on the bow of the boat.

As the flags swayed, the two paddle boats suddenly rhythmically moved, and Dany saw a white waterline rising over the sides of the two boats, hundreds of sailors working hard to paddle.

"Boom – crunch, crunch…"

The rope in front that had been sinking bounced up suddenly, taut, and the misty water rose into air. The hemp rope spread around, and the fat-bellied sea boat trembled, and then moved slowly forward with a moan.

The rowing boat in front is 60 meters long and about 12 meters wide. It is narrow and long like a colter, but the sea boat behind it is very wide, like a fat man with a belly.

At this time, the three ships sailed slowly on the sea with the same beat, just like the three little ants walking in step on a boundless blue canvas.

"It won't last long." Dany muttered.

"It won't take long, we're not too far from Ghiscari Strait, we can stop at New Ghis for a while and wait for the windless period to pass." Blackbeard said calmly.

Old seafarers are really experienced. At noon on the second day, the soaring Big Black brought with them the smell of land, and a charred leg of lamb.

In the evening, the lookout on the paddle boat ahead shouted: Ghaen is here!

Ghaen is about the same size as House Mormont's Bear Island. The longest straight-line distance on the island is no more than 100 kilometers, but the value is completely different. Bear Island is located in a remote location, and you won't encounter foreign merchant ships for a year or two.

Ghaen is located in the middle of the waterway between Slaver's Bay and Qarth, and at the southern end there is New Ghis's harbor. Most of the ships going to and from the east and west continents will get supplies in New Ghis, which is called the pearl on the eastern end of the Summer Sea.

Blackbeard Groleo also intends to wait there for the sea breeze to pick up.

If House Mormont's Fiefdom was Ghaen, Jorah's wife wouldn't have ran away without saying anything.

"The Ghis do not welcome outsiders into Ghaen, but the New Ghis port at the southern end can be freely entered and exited. If one stays close to the harbor and only stays in the bay, the Ghis will not even charge us taxes.

So, even though New Ghis is not far from Qarth, the ships will still go there for a while." Standing on the bridge, looking at the black dot ahead, Blackbeard Groleo explained to Dany.

"Are Free City taxes expensive?" Dany asked.

Blackbeard thought for a while and said, "If you don't sell goods locally, you will only be charged for the berthing fee of sea-going boats. The bigger the boat, the bigger the dock area it occupies, and the higher the price.

For three ships like us, if they enter the New Ghis pier, the daily berthing fee will be more than 10 Gold Honor…about three Golden Dragons."

"Wow, it's better then thievery!" Dany exclaimed.

"It's not too expensive, all major city-states have this price." Blackbeard Groleo shook his head and said, "You may not know how profitable the maritime merchants are.

So let's just say, even if there is no brilliant business savvy seaman, he only needs to circle the 'Summer Sea — Jade Sea', and he can get wealth that can't be spent in a lifetime.

20 times the profit starting off, but there is no upper limit. Brilliant merchants keep buying low and selling high in major ports, and the profit margin can generally reach 100 times after one trip.

Similar to the well-connected people like His Excellency Xaro and Magister Illyrio, The average gross profit is 150 times."

Not only was Dany stunned, but Jorah and Whitebeard were also surprised.

"Is it really so profitable?" Jorah said in disbelief, "Isn't everyone going to be a maritime businessman?"

Having known such a high profit for a maritime business, he was...The voyage he took his wife to the party for was enough to travel to and from the Jade Sea several times over…

"Haha…" Blackbeard exerted force stomping, the wooden board made a muffled groaning sound, "Do you know the cost of my treasure?"

"I haven't built a boat before?" Jorah sneered, looked around, and estimated : "I used 2000 Golden Dragon to build a large sea ship, about a third of your size. It is said that King's Landing's largest battleship costs as much as 100,000 Golden Dragon. Although your ship is big, it is not a battleship…At most it cost 30,000 Golden Dragon."

Blackbeard gave a thumbs up and praised: "It turns out you're experienced! It took 28,000 Golden Dragon to build my Saduleon."

Jorah smiled smugly.

"But do you know the loss rate of sea ships?" Blackbeard continued: "On average, 100 ships go out to sea, and if 80 ships return, the Chamber of Commerce owner would be so happy, they'd go to the temple to donate money; If 70 ships come back, they could breathe a sigh of relief: they can finally make a lot of money; when if 50 ships, they might sigh, and then go home to continue building ships; if not one comes back, they go home to write their will, and get a glass of poisoned wine.

If an ordinary businessman loses a ship like me, I'd be dead in the water!"

Silence!

There was silence on the bridge, and everyone was stunned by the cruel living environment of the sea.

"There are as many big businessmen who commit suicide every year as there are overnight riches, like Magister Illyrio." Blackbeard continued, "When he was young, he was just a man with his head in the dirt, a street urchin, um, doing a lot of work like robbery and killings.

You'd think, if no one else gives up their position, how can a little urchin rise step by step, and eventually become a trade Magister? How did those people make way? Failed business!"

6