Chapter 72
258 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Brightroar is a two handed greatsword, Longclaw is a bastard sword," Mormont said.

"A...bastard sword?" Dany was stunned.

Mormont looked around and found no examples on the boat, so he pulled out the sword on his waist with a "clang", and explained with gestures: "Although this sword of mine can be used with one hand, but holding the hilt with both hands is more conducive to exerting force, so it is considered a two handed sword."

The sword in Mormont's hand, from the tip to the end of the hilt, is 1.5 meters long, and thanks to his 1.95 meter height it was wieldable.

"In addition to the two handed sword, there is also a one-handed sword that is used one handed, which is one-third shorter than this, and the bastard sword is between the one-handed sword and the two handed sword, considered a hand-and-a-half sword, we call it a 'bastard sword'."

"hahaha, two handed sword and one-handed sword gave birth to bastard sword." Strong Belwas laughed heartily, "A good bastard sword."

Mormont glanced at him and said indifferently: "Whether in Westeros or the Essos continent, a bastard sword is the mainstream, a one-handed sword is not good for slashing, and a two handed sword is not good for ordinary people to move with, let alone fight."

Then he turned to Dany and said, "So, you see? Brightroar is more expensive because it is heavier than Longclaw and has more Valyrian steel.

If Ned Stark sells his ancestral sword, Ice, to Tywin, it is estimated to sell for at least 3 million Golden Dragon. Ice stands taller than most Knights at 1.85 meters."

1.85m, tall, rich, and handsome in Valyrian Steel Sword!

Dany complained in her heart, but this tall rich and handsome went to the Lannister in vain.

But as Mormont said, ordinary people can't use two handed greatswords, so Lord Tywin melted Ice and made "Widow's Wail" and "Oathkeeper" two…longswords?

T.N:(Within Medieval context a longsword generally refers to a hand-and-a-half sword or a bastard sword. The terms are largely interchangeable. However, in a Westerosi context, the longsword is exclusively a one-handed weapon, although they may have hilts long enough to allow limited two-handed use.)

Well, Ned Stark took his ancestral sword to King's Landing, he was beheaded, and the sword fell into Tywin's hands.

Mormont didn't know what she was thinking, and still said: "I'm not sure about the market price of a Valyrian Steel Sword. The Lannister are rich, and the world of the rich is not the same as the poor. As you can imagine, House Mormont's ancestors certainly didn't spend 850,000 Golden Dragons when they got Longclaw 500 years ago."

"How much did Stark pay for Ice?" she asked.

"I don't know," Mormont shook his head. "Maybe Stark, like me, has long forgotten how much their ancestral sword cost."

At this time, Whitebeard interjected and added: "Her Highness, a two handed sword, hand-and-a-half sword, or one-handed sword is not only determined by the length, the key is the center of gravity of the hilt.

For example, the two handed greatsword 'Dawn ' is a two handed sword for many people, but Arthur Dayne is tall and mighty, with amazing arm strength and can easily swing the Dawn greatsword with one hand.

So, by adjusting the weight of the jewelry at the end of the handle, Ser turned it into a one-handed sword, but when he died, the Knights of House Dayne changed it back to a two-handed sword."

Mormont gave the old man a suspicious look, nodded and said: "He is right, every sword should be like an extension of the owner's arm. When a Knight goes to a Smith shop to buy weapons, they almost never buy off-the-shelf, generally the Smith measures the arm span and strength to make the order."

"Arthur Dayne, the 'Sword of the Morning'!" Dany exclaimed, "Viserys used to talk about his wondrous white blade. He said Ser Arthur was the only knight in the realm who was our brother's peer."

Whitebeard's face was reminiscent, and he said with emotion: "Arthur Dayne holds great martial skill, he can eat with his right hand, while using a sword with his left, he can cut through most anything. As for Prince Rhaegar, he…"

Listening to the hesitation in the older man's words, Dany waved her hand and said indifferently, "I know Viserys is bragging, Rhaegar was not Robert's opponent.

It's just that the 'Sword of the Morning' was not a Prince, others don't need to tout him, his strength must be real and credible, why did he die in the hands of Eddard Stark, who was not known for his martial power?"

Arstan pondered: "Any warrior, no matter how strong, swift, or precise he is, as long as he is a human being, there is a limit. He can win a tough fight or lose an easy fight.

I've seen thousands of competitions, fought in many battles, and know that there are many factors that determine a duel.

A small hole in the grass, a dirty meal for dinner, may mean failure, but a sudden change of wind can give you victory."

Speaking of this, he glanced at Knight Jorah, "Maybe the token presented by the lady on the arm can also awaken a God of war."

The Big Bear didn't expect the older man was talking about and involving himself, and immediately his complexion sank, coldly saying: "Codger, watch out for your tongue!" "

In that bout in Lannisport, Mormont won the long spar with a silk scarf from Lynesse.

But he hasn't won a bout since.

This example is very vivid, typical, and indeed a bit detrimental.

At the end of the conversation, a few people broke up, and Dany also left with her maid.

Groleo fine-tuned the course and sailed north-west for two days when Dany saw the 'Sea of ​​Storms'.

The grey sky seemed to collapse in the distance, with the sea and sky connected together a huge tornado storm forms a barrier, enclosing the northern part of the Valyrian Peninsula like a seal – not only blocking the entry of external ships, but also preventing the escape of devils in the ruins of an ancient civilization.

"We can't go any further, or the storm will tear us apart! "Groleo yelled at Dany, the wind blowing his half-length black hair in a mess.

"Then stop!" Dany roared at him, too.

If one doesn't roar loudly they can't hear, the storms in the distance bring not only bring swirling winds and thick water vapor, but also thunderous rumblings.

Strange to say, in general, if there is a huge sea storm ahead, even if there is no rainstorm in the place not far from it, the waves will be rough.

But the Sea Territory of the Valyrian Peninsula is not at all the same.

The sky in front is dark and heavy. The strong wind and tsunami like waves almost break the boundary between the sky and the sea.

But more than ten kilometers away outside, the sun is shining and the sea is calm. Except for the loud noise and gusts of wind, it has almost no effect.

It is like a wall separating two worlds.

Throwing the anchors into the sea, the three ships hovered temporarily, Dany left Groleo to control the rudder on the bridge, and she entered the lower cabin with Jorah and Whitebeard to discuss the next action.

"Her Highness, you must hurry as soon as possible, now here is calm, but maybe in a few hours, this will become the center of the storm, the Wall of Storms is not fixed, it can expand and shrink inward.

Whether it expands or shrinks, it causes drastic changes in the vicinity." Blackbeard warned Dany before leaving the bridge.

"I see." Dany called back.

Going below the deck, the roar of the storm was a little lower, and the people could speak normally.

Seeing Dany, Whitebeard immediately persuaded: "Her Royal Highness, Let's go, I didn't expect the Sea Territory near Valyria to be so harsh, even dragons can't fly over that piece of the Wall of Storms!"

"Ai, I didn't expect it," Dany said helplessly, "This is unreasonable and unscientific. Continuous storms require a lot of energy. It has been hundreds of years and yet still hasn't disappeared?"

Jorah doesn't know what "unscientific" means, but he understands what she was saying: "The rise and fall of Valyria is a Wonder, and it is not surprising that such a spectacle occurs here and now."

"What's the Smoking Sea like?" Dany asked.

Valyria was built on a peninsula in the Summer Sea. During the cataclysm, a volcano in the middle of the peninsula erupted, and the continent shattered into a sea of ​​boiling water—the Smoking Sea.

Valyria shattered into countless pieces, the land to the north became the Smoking Sea burning with hellish fumes and heat, and the Sea Territory to the south was surrounded by storms that never dissipated, and the conditions were extremely harsh.

Jorah shook his head, sighing: "The Smoking Sea is also very dangerous. The seabed's volcanoes boil the sea, the exposed reefs are scorched and smoked, the sky is almost covered by the black smoke of the volcanic eruption, the sea is dark red, and it is said that there are devils and Krakens in there."

In the harsh natural environment of seabed volcanic eruptions, creatures that can survive will become devils if they are not already.

"Dragons are not afraid of high temperatures." Dany said hesitantly.

"But Valyria's thousands of dragons died in the eruption." Whitebeard threw cold water on her.

It's ugly, but it's true.

"Okay, let Big Black hit the storm." She said helplessly.

"Squeak–"

The bare mast with its sails rolled up trembled slightly in the wind, and three little dragons folded their wings and curled up on it , as quiet as a sculpture.

At this time, receiving Dany's order, Big Black's blood-red pupils suddenly opened, and he jumped down suddenly, "pa la la la" flapped its wings and glide toward the storm.

Dany is one with his Soul, and on the way, she keeps watching the Wall of Storms with the eyes of Big Black.

"Big Black, pull up."

Big Black circled and flew upwards, flying higher and higher, and getting closer to the storm ahead. Gradually, the great ship on the sea became a black spot on the blue curtain.

"crash-bang—"

The sight swayed for a while, as if a helicopter was out of control. The strong wind pulled Big Black's fleshy wings and made a sound of whipping leather.

"Stable hold on, hold on, follow—"

Dany was just about to let him fly in the direction of the wind when Big Black got used to the storm, lifted his wings up, lowered the wind area, and swung his long tail slightly He moved like a balancer, stabilizing his torso.

Like a sliding paper airplane, Big Black floated and sunk in a storm, swaying back and forth, but as steady as an expert.

"Wow, Big Black, great! ' Dany cheered excitedly.

"Crack-bang!" "

In the dark wind, a silver blue light branches and suddenly flashed, and one of offshoots hit Big Black's neck.

Dany groaned, everything blacked out in front of her, Her ears were buzzing, time slowed down in her consciousness, and it seemed like a few hours had passed in just a moment.

"Khaleesi, what's the matter with you?" The maid exclaimed.

In the spacious cabin, Dany, who had been closing her eyes and did not speak, suddenly let out a painful cry, and bright red blood leaked from her nostrils drained across her pink lips and white chin, and her body also shrank. She leaned to one side as if drunk, and thanks to Doreah's quick response, she immediately supported her.

"It's too bad, Big Black was struck by lightning, and I helped him share some of the damage." Dany waved her hand to reassure the nervous crowd.

5