Chapter 87
231 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The overseer was a stocky Dothraki holding a long whip with five tangled lashes, and a chained Harpy tattooed on his muscular chest.

The Dothraki overseer looked proud as his whip crackled, and he shouted, "Slaves hurry up!" or something to that nature.

"Hey, Dothraki! Dothraki with a Harpy on their chest!" Dany was half exposed outside the carriage door and waved to the overseer: "Where did these slaves come from?"

"Certainly from the Great Grass Sea," the overseer Dothraki replied loudly. "The Women were brought in from Meereen, they were all tribesmen of a defeated Khalasar!"

"Call her Khaleesi!" Jhogo roared at him!

"Why should I? I'm not one of her Khalasar," grumbled the Dothraki overseer.

Dany waved to her Bloodrider, telling him not to care about such trivial matters, and continued to ask the supervisor: "What could I do with these slaves?"

"They can't become Unsullied, they are to be sent to the dock to sell to the slave merchant." Seemingly aware of the business opportunity, the male Ghis finally stopped teasing his female companion, rode a few steps forward on his donkey, and said with a smile: "Khaleesi, are you interested in this batch of slaves? We are not that awful kind of second-hand dealers, the price is so low that it is almost free!"

"I bought a batch of Dothraki slaves in Qarth, it is said that they were shipped from Astapor and 20 Dothraki cost me 40 Silver Stags, too expensive." Dany shook her head vigorously.

"Ah, that's a second-order dealer who sells from Astapor, Qarth, Volantis, and other city-states. After a trip by sea, the price has more than doubled." The slave master pointed to his slaves and loudly said: "These here are three Silver Stags, just pick and choose, if you buy more, I can give you a discount."

Dany looked and counted quickly about 300 slaves, "I'll buy them all. How much?"

"Buy it all?" The man looked at her suspiciously.

"My Khalasar is too small and needs to be repopulated," she explained.

"Oh, yes, you are a Khaleesi," the man suddenly, his eyes shone as he hastily suggested: "Why don't I introduce you to a batch of slaves, there are more than 800 of them, all of them are young adults. I can give you a 20% discount."

"Are all Dothraki?" she questioned.

"Why yes...Dothraki are brave and not afraid of death, but they are not good at gladiatorial fighting, and they are not good at farming or crafts... We don't need slave soldiers, and they only breed smaller Dothraki. When they can't become Unsullied they're almost useless." The young slave master sighed.

"Why do you buy so much then?" Dany asked.

The man looked at Jhogo and Jorah, who was beside Dany, and cautiously said: "Since you are a Khaleesi, you should understand the character of Dothraki. A Khal leads tens of thousands of screamers to the city and proposes if we want to exchange gifts (Dothraki slave), can we refuse?

Khals are generally not expensive, and a batch of materials can be exchanged for many slaves so we can make a small profit....Alas."

Dany sighed then shrunk back into the carriage, and said to Jhogo from the window: "Tell him the location of the wharf where our ships are docked, first buy these three hundred, and then buy the remaining eight hundred when you leave."

"Hey, you can buy it now for a little cheaper!" The man hurriedly shouted.

"I have nowhere to put it! You can keep them for me first, no more than three days at most, and I won't overeat of your food."

"Hmm....Very well"

The carriage moved faster than the slaves, Dany continued forward, and the slave team changed direction and followed the group.

They walked along the long red brick street all the way back to the dock area, but still didn't see many pedestrians.

The long red-brick pier had only sparsely parked a dozen ships.

As soon as she got off the ox cart, Dany smelled a strong aroma of meat, looked sideways, and saw Belwas sitting on the red brick road with his legs hanging in the sea, with a small pot beside him, The aroma came from it.

Aware of her gaze, Belwas grabbed a piece of browned meat dripping with soup from the pot and called, "Little Queen, do you want to eat some?"

"What meat is it?" She walked over and asked curiously.

"Dog meat." Seeing Dany coming over, Belwas was very happy, and he told with a smile: "Astapor people are experts in cooking dog meat, roasted dog meat, boiled meat in broth, tsk tsk, Belwas has traveled all over the Essos continent, and it is here that the dog meat tastes the best."

Dany also followed his example, sitting on the ground, soaking her feet in the sea, and picking up a piece from the pot with her right hand, the dog meat was chewed.

"Wow, it is very delicious!" she exclaimed inarticulately to Jhiqui, who was looking over the side of the boat: "But you have meat and no wine, Jhiqui, come bring those two bottles of Arbor red wine!"

"Hahaha, that's right, there should be wine and meat!" The tall eunuch became happier and happier.

"Your Highness." Whitebeard frowned, and reluctantly persuaded: "You are to be the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, how can you be…so…"

"Don't speak, even if the Seven comes walks these lands, one has to eat when it's time for dinner, otherwise Saint Baelor wouldn't starve," Dany spoke while eating more meat.

"You…" Whitebeard became more and more shocked, "Saint Baelor is your ancestor!"

"Did he starve to death?" she asked casually.

"Yes..." Whitebeard grumbled softly.

"Then I'm not false!"

Jhiqui trotted down with two bottles of wine and handed them over to Dany, and she bit off the cork with a "Poof" sound, while this unsightly action was seen by Whitebeard's twitching eyes.

Handing a bottle of uncorked wine to Belwas, she blew on the bottle and sighed: "This taste…I dare say it is better than sitting on the Iron Throne!"

"Hahaha!" Belwas laughed until he slapped his thigh, "I tell you, from now on, Belwas likes you and thinks you may make a good Queen."

"Hahaha!"

"Ahh, I just found out today that you are good in terms of eating. Before I thought you were like a pig, you can stuff anything into your stomach!" Dany teased.

"hahaha..."

"Her Highness, you won't forget what Kraznys said?" Jorah said, standing aside.

"What are you talking about?" she complained while gnawing at a bone: "Without pepper, it's a little bit worse after all."

"What pepper, you mean dragon pepper right?" Belwas asked.

"No, dragon pepper is dung, it's not the same as pepper, the kind that makes your mouth burn…" Dany gestured a few times, waving her hand at last, and sighed: "Wait for the dragons to grow bigger, I must ride to find pepper."

"coff, coff, coff…" Jorah coughed several times, reminding her: I am talking to you!

"I'm listening, talk," she said.

"Each Unsullied has to kill a dog that they had raised for a year, but many Unsullied can't complete this test."

The mouth of Dany biting the bone freezes.

Jorah didn't seem to see it and continued: "If they can't, then the slave master will kill the Unsullied and feed his puppy with his flesh. Maybe that's how many dogs in Astapor—"

Jorah tried to continue.

"Stop!" Dany interrupted him by holding up her wine bottle, spat out the bone, and asked Belwas: "With your years of experience eating dog meat, you can tell that this is an older dog, right?"

Without waiting for Belwas to answer, Dany put down the bottle, stood up with her hands on the ground, and said to Jorah, "This is an old dog raised by an ordinary peasant. Well, Belwas, you go on I'm full, I'm going to take a nap."

After she finished speaking, she walked towards the staircase serenely, but her footsteps were a little staggered.

She appears to be drunk.

In the afternoon, the 300 Dothraki slaves were sent to the ship, and because a buyer had been found, they no longer had to be naked for the buyer to check.

This time not only had they put on worn linen robes but also bronze slave collars.

Dany didn't put the men into the fighting companies, but instead called Effendi and asked him to arrange some chores for them.

"For now, they can't be considered Dothraki, their will is almost gone, let them recall the years of being Dothraki first, and then make arrangements." She told the old man.

Speaking of this, she caught a glimpse of several older women in the slaves' group, and asked the old man: "Effendi, do you want a wife? If you are to nod, I will introduce a wife to you..."

Effendi said hesitantly: "Khaleesi, Dothraki are not popular for marriage, and the weak can't guarantee that the safety of their wife will not be invaded by someone stronger."

"So what do you mean?" Dany patted him on the shoulder and encouraged him: "Effendi, your identity is different now, you are Commander of a company, isn't that good enough for you? My Bloodriders are also only a company."

"Ehh…Dothraki advocate martial power, Company Commander makes no sense?"

"hmph, it doesn't make sense, how can you stand here with me? Speak with me? It's my Khalasar, I call the shots. Martial power is important, but loyalty and exploits are even more important."

Seeing him still look hesitant, the Dothraki nearby also disagreed, they are both Company Commanders in the Khalasar.

She pointed to a tall horseman in the slaves and asked the crowd loudly: "That man must be able to easily defeat three Effendi, now, because of his martial power, I will deprive him of it. Effendi Company Commander, let him replace you. From now on, he will be on an equal footing with you, a Company Commander, are you happy?"

"No!" Effendi begged: "I will marry a wife. Isn't it enough? Khaleesi, I have walked with you all the way through the Red Waste, through the poisonous waters, if you are like this, I... I am not happy!"

"Khaleesi, Effendi has always been helping us raise horses…" Aggo stood up, wrinkled his face, and scratched his hair in distress, not knowing how to express his thoughts.

Dany waved her hand and said, "I just asked, are you happy?"

"I don't know why, but I'm not happy," Aggo said sullenly.

"I'm not happy either," said the rest of the Bloodriders, talking at once with everyone.

"PA!" Dany slapped her hands and shouted: "That's right! Of course, you will be unhappy, because no one is invincible! If you only consider your status in power, then there will always be a day you will all be replaced by newer stronger men!

They have contributed nothing to the Khalasar, and even because of our kindness, they will be freed and will be able to regain their dignity as Dothraki.

We are their helpers!

How can they rise above us right after they join the Khalasar!?

The Dothraki were full of approval, Aggo only felt that the Khaleesi said what he thought at once, but it was difficult to express in speech.

3