0000 Prologue: Back to the Past
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was midnight, the rain was pouring down as if there were no tomorrow, and the roaring wind was tearing everything in its path.

Two figures were fighting in this weather. The sheer intensity of the fight tore mountains apart and seemed to distort the space around them.

"Why are you still fighting, Cain?" one of them asked. A man with a muscular complexion, about 198 cm tall. Hazel's colored hair with a military-style cut. Black obsidian-color eyes so piercing it seemed they could tear a hole in you.

"BASTARD!!!!Do not call me that. That's not my name!" the other shouted. A man with a gaunt complexion, like a swimmer. Blond hair tied in a low ponytail. Blue eyes that seemed calm as the sea, but fearsome as a hurricane when he got angry.

The muscular man laughed at Cain's response. "Why do you say that? That is your birth name, is not it?"

"I threw that name away a long time ago... My name now is Dark-Crimson. Do not forget that, Blaine!" replied Cain, gritting his teeth. He was mad at Blaine because that name brought back long-forgotten memories. Memories he did not want to burden himself with.

Dark-Crimson pulled out a pale green-colored book, a summoning grimoire. He opened it and summoned a 100-meter-long Golden Dragon.

Roarrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A mighty roar pierced through the wind into the valley they were in. A golden holy light surrounded the dragon's body while illuminating the area around it. The majestic dragon lowered its head and Dark-Crimson jumped on top of it. The dragon raised its head and Dark-Crimson looked down at Blaine as if to establish its superiority.

Blaine just chuckled at the childish spectacle. He also took out a summoning grimoire, but the color of this grimoire was different. It was a bright green, so bright that it illuminated the surroundings around him and dwarfed the light of the dragon. From the grimoire, Blaine summoned a beast of his own.

Screeeeeech!!!!!!!!!

A powerful screeching sound of an eagle also passed through the wind, but this screech made even the Golden Dragon take a step back.

The summoned beast was a Golden-Wings Reaper Eagle, its wings had a wingspan of over 400 meters long. Its golden plumage was bursting with life. This was where the difference in the taming of the beast between the two became apparent. Although the Golden Dragon looked majestic, its golden holy light paled in comparison.

"Why are you making this so difficult? Just give me the world fragment. Come on, give it to me and I promise we will leave you alone..." said Blaine in a soothing voice. "You can leave from here alive"

"No!" screamed Dark-Crimson from the top of the dragon. "This is the only thing I have left of my family and I will not hand it over," he said as he pulled out a small crystal from his pocket, a clear crystal, like a perfect diamond.

"Hahahaha" Blaine started to laugh. "Family, really? Who was the cocky son of a bitch who drove his own family to ruin? I can not remember???" Blaine said sarcastically, mocking him.

The look on Dark-Crimson 's face changed to a strong, stormy one. "It was not my fault. It was you and your family. You were all jealous and afraid of my talent, admit it!!!!!!!!!!!" he yelled, blaming his enemies for his family's downfall.

"Ha. Keep telling yourself that. As if your cockiness had nothing to do with it," Blaine just grinned at him. "Now hand over the world fragment to me. That's the last thing I'll say before I rip your head off" Blaine said strangely calmly. His golden eagle hovered overhead, waiting for his order to attack.

Dark-Crimson face darkened. He sensed the energy of other people flaring as they started to encircle him. He realized he had fallen into a trap. With no other choice, he decided to attack Blaine. He jumped high in the air and shouted, "Use Holy Breath". The dragon looked at Blaine and opened its mouth using its breath attack.

Blaine did not flinch at the attack. A blue shield appeared, surrounding him and the Black Tortoise that he had just summoned. The breath attack split in half when it reached the shield, burning the surrounding area.

The Golden Eagle screeched and flapped its wing sending a Blade Storm attack toward the Golden Dragon. A wind storm surrounded the dragon immobilizing him. The increasing speed of the wind slashed through the scales and flesh of the dragon causing severe damage. The dragon roared in pain.

Still in the air Dark-Crimson, at the sight of the damage, summoned a Black Crow and landed on it. He commanded the dragon to launch itself towards the eagle and stall for time. The dragon obeying launched itself forward but, looking closely at its eyes you could see deep sadness.

The black fog started to settle in the valley. Blaine no longer could see where Dark Crimson was. "You really think that this pitiful fog can allow you to escape!" Blaine shouted.

Dark-Crimson heard what he had said but did not look back. All his mental power was being used trying to figure a way out. The crow was flying away rapidly taking cover in the fog that had been summoned earlier.

Dark-Crimson's heart started to beat faster and faster. Drops of sweat fell from his forehead. He laid down on the crow trying to make himself smaller.

Being nighttime and with the fog. Somehow, Dark-Crimson managed to bypass the encirclement.

'Ha. They really tough that they could trap me there. I'm the chosen one of a generation. How could I, the son heave…..'

While Dark-Crimson was celebrating his "successful" escape. A myriad of attacks came at him from all angles. The summoned beast tried to evade the attacks but they were too many. He used one of his Defensive Beastmaster Skills but the attacks quickly shattered it.

The Black Crow screeched in agony as the attack fell upon it. It began to fall down as its life faded away. The mangled body of Dark Crimson fell to the ground. Blood flowed from all the openings in his body.

'Where did all go wrong?'

He was thinking to himself. How could He, "The Son of Heaven", die like this? Where was his Goldfinger…

Subtle steps could be heard in the wind. Someone was getting close to him. "Well, Well. Who we have here?" Blaine asked rhetorically. He knelt down and picked up the world fragment that fell from the hand of the mangled body of Dark Crimson.

As the light started to fade away from Dark Crimson's eyes, he kept repeating the word Goldfinger in his mind.

1