0002 Chapter 2: Life in the Palace
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cain was surprised at how Long Tian had died, but he tough nothing of it and kept on reading. The next event in the book sent shivers through his spine.

Long Tian found himself in a dark space flying in a particular direction. He didn’t have a body and got so scared that, somehow, he started to scream loudly. Was he going to Heaven or to Hell, he didn’t know, and that terrified him. After a while, he got tired of screaming and passed out. In the void, he kept on traveling.

When he woke up he saw flashes of light and when he looked from where the flashes of light were coming, he saw a brilliant light ball. Its light was warm and cozy.

Unexpectedly, information was imprinted into Long Tian's soul. With the information, he realized that the light ball he was seeing was called a soul flame and was a container for the consciousness and life source of a person. As he stared at it deeply he realized that the light was getting dimer and dimer as time went by. The soul flame was fading away. The person, to who the soul flame belonged was dying.

In a twisted way, Long Tian was thrilled about it since he realized that he could fuse with the fading soul flame and live again on the body of the dying guy. He could reincarnate to a new world.. How many times he had daydreamed about going to another world and becoming a God. Having beautiful girls throw themselves at him just because of how heaven-defying he was. In his mind, and probably because of the countless novels he had read, that was the natural outcome of transmigrating and reincarnating fellows. In all the novels, the reincarnated/transmigrating guys always got the beauty, that was the law. He never doubted that, the personality of the guy didn't matter.

Long Tian tried with all the power he could muster to get closer to the fading soul flame. All he could think about was achieving what he had bragged about on the internet. He didn’t care about the guy that was dying. He magically sped up in the direction of the soul flame and merges with it. A weak voice was heard in the void.

“W..h..o…?”

Long Tian paid no mind to it and forcefully tried to fuse with the soul flame. The consciousnesses within the soul flame tried to resist the invading force but another, more powerful force pushed his will into submission. He didn’t want to give up but he couldn’t do anything and had to see as Long Tian was taking over his soul flame.

Cain, who was reading this couldn’t believe it, he could remember battling that crushing power that made him submit.

Why??? He didn’t know and the only answer he got was who the bastard that took his life away was. The book finished when Long Tian had successfully taken over Cain's body.

Cain tossed the book he was reading and pick up the next one. When he began to read he realized that it didn’t show any of the things he had lived through since hiding himself. Instead, it continued to tell the tale of Long Tian, who now took over his body and was living his life. He was sick to the stomach as he continued to read. Long Tian was a piece of trash thru and thru. Since he had woken up, he had become an exasperating arrogant bastard and all Cain could do was to read about it.

Cain was getting angrier and angrier as he kept on reading. The garbage, as he started to call Long Tian, was getting in so much trouble and danger that he feared for the well-being of his family. Long Tian simply didn’t see Cain's family as his own, to him they were just pawns in his rise to success.

The most infuriating thing for Cain was that no matter how dangerous the situation was, Long Tian always managed to get away unscathed. But Cain's family didn’t have the same experience since they were receiving so much pressure from the other families and organizations.

This went downhill as Long Tian raped a few women. Their families got involved and decided that if the Archer Family didn’t hand Long Tian over and paid with his life then they would declare war on them. Long Tian didn’t care and said to them that they should be grateful that he had taken them as his woman as thousands of women wished to be in their position.

Cain was going insane the more he read. Long Tian was stirring so much trouble that Cain started to fear for the safety of his family. One day his fears turn into reality when several Rankers from other families launched an attack against his family. He saw how his family members were being massacred, falling like flies. And when Long Tian managed to escape, he simply lost it.

"AAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

He threw the book away and started screaming in pain. He was crying and hitting the floor in rage.

After a while he stopped, he lay motionless on the floor with an empty look. He wanted to disappear. How long has he been lying in there?? he didn’t know. He didn’t want to move.

Time passed by and Cain moved, the movement was subtle. When he lay on the floor, he had a direct view of an empty bookshelf and on this day he saw how the books were created. There was not much to it as the appeared magically on the bookshelf. He kept staring at the bookshelf moving one finger in his hand. When the next book was created he stopped, waited until the book was placed on the bookshelf, and started again.

Without the will to do anything else, he counted the seconds between the creation of books. He got really surprised when he counted 31.536.600 movements. If every movement of his finger was equivalent to a second then the result was 365 days. One day in the life of Long Tian represented 1 year in this palace for Cain.

“How long I’ll be stuck here??” Cain asked himself. Since when you raked up, your life span also increased, there was a real possibility of him being stuck in there for eternity.

Since there was nothing else to do in the Palace but read Long Tian's life, that is what he did. He went to the beginning and began to read, some of the books were painful for him but he soldier on.

"S#$T,S#$T,S#$T,S#$T,S#$T..."

"Trash...

"Bastard..."

Curses could be heard as Cain read the books.

One day he reach the end of all the books, and there was nothing else to do. He dropped lifeless to the floor. There was nothing else to do.

Lost and in pain, he went to the beginning and started again. He kept repeating this cycle without realizing that after every cycle his illusory form was getting a little more corporeal.

One day Cain realized that there was something different when he began the cycle as there was more information in the books. He noticed that when Long Tian read something he could now read the information as well.

"Interesting...." Cain said softly, it has been a while since he had spoken any words. Normally he looked like a machine.

As he pondered why the books changed he noticed that his hands were more corporeal.

"What the..." Cain was surprised by the state of his hand and moved it from side to side. He sat on a stack of books mirroring "The Thinker" statue.

He tried to figure out how did that happen. Time passed and the only conclusion he could deduce was that it had something to do with reading the books. From there on, every time he finished a book he looked at his hands. It wasn’t until he started the cycle that he found out how to become more corporeal.

He realized that by becoming more corporeal he got more information from the books. He began this process by wondering how much information was locked inside the books. He did this without realizing how much this process would help him in the future.

2