Four Path, Which path should i choose?
360 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

System, why did my mana increase?

[SYSTEM CAN'T ANSWER]

[FROM NOW ON SYSTEM STOP ANSWERING ANY QUESTIONS OF THE HOST]

What? why?

I didn't move for a while, I thought, why system refusing to answer? this question is going on in my head.

System, I called.

"..."

Hey, Eleseed System, again I called. 

"..."

No response, huh? What happens? System was answering all questions fine yesterday, then why is it refusing to answer now?

There has to be some reason, Right?

*Crunch* *Crunch*

But what?

*Slurp* *Slurp*

I'm thinking the reason behind why system refuses to answer any question, but this sound is making me too annoyed, that I can't focus at all.

I look at Raina, who is making these sounds; she is on the ground, and in her mouth is a straw, and the straw is inside the coke bottle, slurping coke, a potato chip flies in her mouth, making a crackling sound she eats it.

After Charlotte left. Raina investigates the house fully and finds chips and coke. This is her fifth potato chips packet and third coke. I hope Charlotte won't get too mad that her potato chips and coke went missing.

Although her crunchy and slurp sound is annoying, I find it more annoying that I can't stop her. After all she is self proclaims the Great Black Devil,

Wait a minute, the Great Black Devil?

I look at her. She is black, and she grew horns when she uses awakened powers, so she is the technically Devil. However, I didn't find anything great in her.

Anyway, she is a strong awakened for sure, so I can ask her why my mana increased.

"Raina, Um... actually I notice my mana increase a little.. do you know why?"

Raina heard, she look at me as slurped the coke.

"Listen, this is common knowledge in the Awakened World. When you use all of your Mana, then when your mana recovers, its quality and quantity increase a tiny amount," Again she slurp the coke and said,

"And when awaked one fight with their life on the line, then their mana quantity does not increase much, but their mana quality increase by large margins," Raina crunch some potato chips,

"And there is an easy way to increase your mana quantity, that is to cultivate technique. If possible, you should get a cultivation technique. If by some luck you get a high-level cultivation technique, then it would make your mana quantity increase a lot," Raina slurp the coke and crunched chips at the same time,

"However, you have to fight other awakened to increase mana quality," Raina start eating and drinking her coke and chips.

Now, I know why my mana increase, and for quantity and quality difference.

"Raina, listen for a bit, then tell me if I'm right or not?" I asked, and Raina nodded.

"The difference between mana quantity and quality is that quality focus on making mana stronger, so even with a little amount of mana, it can make a big blast, and on the other hand quantity focus on mana quantity, so we can maintain any attack for a long time without worry about mana,"

"Right, this is two of four types of Awakened Ones," Raina rise her paw, she said.

I nodded, even though her paw had three fingers, I didn't mention it,

"First is Class Awakened Ones who focus on the quality of mana, second is Aggregate Awakened Ones, who focus on quantity of mana,

"Third is Physical Build Awakened, who use their mana to make body permanent strong, and last, is Balanced Awakened Ones, this is the most difficult type to train, since you have to make a balance between your quantity and quality, and there are very few who can make a balance between this two and I, The Great Black Devil is most well balanced Awakened in the universe." Raina had a proud smile, she said.

But I ignored that, so there are four types of awakened ones. Which path I should choose then? whatever path, it feels excited to think I grown stronger than before, even though my strength increases bit, its still improvement. 

Crunch, Crunch.

"Noah, your body is special, so don't choose the Physical Build. You should make a balance between your mana quantity and quality, the fourth type, Balanced Awakened Ones," Raina said. 

I thought about it, but isn't that the most difficult one? Only a few can do it, so can I be able to do it?

"Raina, do you think I can be a Balanced Awakened Ones?"

Slurping the last drop of coke, Raina said, "if you get me daily chips, cokes, pizzas, and hamburger, then I can teach you how to balance the mana quantity and quality after all in the whole milky way there is no well-Balanced Awakened than me,"

I look at Raina, she is cat from every angle, "Raina, your cat, and I'm human, then how can you teach me?"

As I said, I got hit by a coke bottle, I saw Raina glare at me, she said, "I'm human, I take cat from to recover and hide from my enemies, to think you thought me as cat this whole time."

What the fuck? She is a human. I look at Raina again. I never thought she was human. From the start, I thought of her as a cat,

"Whatever. Do you want to make a deal? Daily ten chips packet, five cokes, one pizza, and one hamburger? I teach you how to be a perfect Balanced Awakened One,"

Now I get it, why she had been answering my questions and explaining more things I didn't know.

She wants more coke, chips, and pizza. That's why she was patiently talking and explaining things, even offering me to teach things, she is addicted to fast food.

"Okay, Deal," anyway this will also work for me.

"Well, first go and get cultivation technique," Raina's tail swaying as she smiles. She really loves fast food.

To get cultivation techniques, I should ask Mom. She might have high-level cultivation techniques.

I sent a message to mom and instantly got a reply.

"I get you one tomorrow. Oh, also I want to tell you and ask you some important things," Mom.

"Sorry, can't, I have to go out with Charlotte?"

It takes time before she replied. 

"I advise you not to go out with her. I don't want you to hang out with Charlotte." Mom.

"Sorry, Can't,"

"..." 

"Charlotte's ability is Ultra Mind. She can process her thoughts with lightning speed, catch little to little detail of things, and with limited evidence, she hypothesis the whole situation, and also predicts a two-three second future. That is why I'm against you going with her since it's might be Zeki ordering her to investigate you and get your secrets," Mom.

I blink. My mind processes this for a while. Charlotte's ability is amazing, too amazing, and she also has a healing ability. But Zeki orders Charlotte to investigate me. Why is that?

"What secrets do they want from me? I don't have any."

"You have, how did you have electric ability despite your destroyed core? isn't this something that is worth researching? Although Four Heads won't do such a thing, there are more people out there who would. And Charlotte is not someone who can keep secrets." Mom.

Looks like Charlotte told them about my destroyed core since she knew. Anyway, I still want to talk with Charlotte and go out with her.

"Okay, but still I want to talk with Charlotte tomorrow, so you can come after tomorrow."

"Okay, anyway, I come over there tomorrow. Teaching you the cultivation technique will take weeks. For weeks we are together after such a long time." Mom.

Well, after college I didn't spend much together with Mom, well it might be nice to stay with her, and also learn about my family.

"Okay, no problem."

10