Chapter 16
63 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Altheria May 7, 580 Imperial Calander 10:34 a.m.)

Just as I was beginning to have a dream, I felt a gaze on me, causing me to perk my head up to find a half-blooded dark fox staring at me, nya. She had an illusion over her three tails and her ears to make it look like she didn't have them, nya.

(Curious) Hmm, what's a dark fox, even if a half-blood, doing here, nya? She seems to be a noble of a house, too, nya.

"Hey there, little guy. *Steps closer* Where's your master?"(Half-Blood)

She then started talking to me like a common house cat, which ticked me off, nya. I then got up and stretched, nya. Then to her surprise started walking towards her, nya. I had planned to bite her ankle for talking to me like a pet, nya.

"*Crouches down* Hey there, little guy. Can I pet you?"(Half-Blood)

(Amused) Hmm, sure, let's put the ankle biting off and see how well you can pet me, nya. If you do well, I'll keep you; if not... I'll bite your hand off, nya.

"*Sits* Go ahead, nya."(Blade)

She then started scratching the back of my ear and moved down my body, not putting too much or too little force, nya.

*Purr*

This is nice, nya.

"(Shocked) Woah! So soft and fluffy! I thought it was going to feel more smooth, but I was wrong. It's so soft and fluffy to the point it's hypnotic."(Half-Blood)

She then started talking about something that I was too absorbed in, the pleasant feeling to care about or notice, nya.

"Wait. *Shoots hand back* (Shocked) No way. Are you a supreme fluff?"(Half-Blood)

Once she stops, my tail starts wiping to show my displeasure, but she doesn't take notice, so I just decide to answer so she'll continue, nya.

"(Annoyed) Yes, now continue, nya!"(Blade)

Answer but, to my displeasure, she doesn't continue and seems like she remembered something, nya.

"(Panicked)*Stands up* Ah, sorry little guy, but I've got to go. Me and my parents are going to meet the king today. I'll pet you more if I get the chance. *Dash* Bye!"(Half-Blood)

She then ran off down the hall, nya.

*Flash*

"Interesting, nya. Seems I've found something interesting to play around with, nya. [Fafnir], nya"(?)

*Flash*

{You called master?}(Fafnir)

"*Smug smile* Seems like something interesting has walked right into my castle, nya."(Blade)

{(Disgusted) Don't tell me you plan to torture another innocent girl, are you?}(Fafnir)

"I did not torture her, nya. I was training her, nya."(Blade)

{Sure, sure you were. Anyway, why did you summon me?}(Fafnir)

"What, can't I just have you with me, nya?"(Blade)

{*Sigh* Whatever. I don't care what you're planning. It's not like I could stop you anyway.}(Fafnir)

"Welp, let's go, nya. Can't be late now, can we, nya?"(Blade)

*Thump* *Flash*

*Flash*

I then appear in the throne room and sit down on the throne, waiting for them to enter, and after 5 minutes of me waiting, they finally enter, nya. As soon as they stepped in, I could tell that the girl's mother was a dark fox and a child of the clan leader by her scent, nya. They were all staring at me, which slightly annoyed me, nya.

The first one to snap out of it was the girl from before, followed by her parents, nya. They then started walking forward, put my elbow on the armrest, and rested my head on my knuckles, nya. They then stopped four and a half meters away, where they bowed, giving their greetings, nya.

"*Bow* Greeting, Your Majesty the new sovereign of the kingdom. I am Duke Arc Spiritshadow Twighlight."(Arc)

"*Bow* Greeting, Your Majesty, the new sovereign of the kingdom. I am Duchess Maeri Twilight. I don't have a middle name as I was born a commoner."(Maeri)

(Intrigued) Interesting, nya. She thinks she can throw her last name away, nya. I guess I could use this as an excuse to take the girl, nya.

{(Disgusted) You're awful, Master.}(Fafnir)

Whatever you say, nya.

"*Bow* Greeting, Your Majesty, the new sovereign of the kingdom. I am the eldest daughter and heir of Duke Twilight, Mana Spiritshadow Twilight."(Mana)

So, her name's Mana, nya. Got it, nya.

Once she finished, I raised my head and prepared three gravity spells comprised of just regular mana, nya.

*Thump*

Once Fafnir hit the ground, the spells activated, causing them to take a knee, nya.

"Hello, Duke, Twilight and his heir, nya. I would love to have a chat right now as you are one of 2 Dukes I spared between 2 kingdoms, nya. But alas, it seems you have brought in a rat with you, nya."(Blade)

I say the last part looking over at Maeri, nya. I then dashed over to her faster than most could see and grabbed her by the neck, nya.

"*Gah!* Wh...at h..a...ve I ...don...e?"(Maeri)

She could barely chock out those words as my grip was tight, nya.

I then noticed the panic on the girl's face and slightly loosened my grip on her mother's neck, slightly curious about what she'd do, nya. And then, the next second, I could feel the spell I had placed on her disappear, nya.

*Thump*

I then dropped her mother and looked at her amusedly, nya.

"(Amused) I didn't think anyone would be able to break out of that, nya. And yet you did, nya. But, how, nya?"(?)

I then used my thought acceleration to replay the scene again and found trace amounts of mana coming from her right eye, nya.

"*Nods* I see, nya. A magic eye that nullifies magic, nya."(Blade)

She looked shocked and horrified at my guess, confirming it, nya. Then a new idea came to mind, nya.

(Curious) What would happen if I used aether instead of just regular mana, nya?

"(Amused) Interesting, interesting, but can you break this, nya?"(?)

*Thump*

Suddenly, chains of light maid of aether wrapped around her arms, sealing her movements, nya. She then looked panicked, then had a look of realization, and then terror, all in the span of a few seconds as she realized she couldn't break them, nya.

"Nyahahahaha! I see, I see, so it can't work on aether-made spells like I thought, nya."(Blade)

(Amused) So it only works with energy you can control, nya. Very interesting, but how did she get a magic eye that I don't know about, nya? Oh, she looks confused about that, huh, nya.

I then flash-stepped in front of her, slightly spooking her, nya.

"You looked confused, nya. Why don't you ask your mom, nya? Isn't that right, Maeri Twilight, or should I say Maeri Shadowtail, nya. *Duck*"(Blade)

I called out to her mother, who was trying to ambush me from the shadows because the knowledge of aether should have been passed down to her from her father, nya. She then appeared from my shadow, trying to stab my neck with a dagger, nya.

You could tell she was nervous and angry because her pupils were dilated like a cat trying to hunt, nya.

"(Pissed) Stay the fuck away from my daughter! *Woosh Woosh**Clang Clang* I gave up that name 21 years ago!"(Maeri)

 She then took 2 daggers from her shadow storage and threw them at me at short range showing her proficiency in it, nya. But I blocked them without much effort using Fafnir, nya. Meanwhile, her family looked confused by what I said, nya.

"Nyahaha! You can't simply give up that name, nya. *Grab's neck* (Coldly) Now tell me who sent you before I start with more fun methods of getting it out of you, nya. Who was it, nya? Your father, the elders, or maybe a 3rd party, nya."(Blade)

I found the resistance so funny I couldn't help but laugh, nya. But, I decided to get serious again as I wanted to go take another nap already, nya.

"(Chocking) Go t...o he...ll. I *Gasp* ab...and...ond...ed my rig...ht's as *Gasp* h...eir lon...g a..go."(Maeri)

Thanks to my eye, I could tell she wasn't lying, but that didn't make me trust her much more nya. Not that I even cared to begin with, as this was all just an excuse to take the girl, nya.

*Drop*

*Cough Cough* *Gasp Gasp*

I then decided to let her go as I didn't want the girl to despise me, nya.

"*Glare* How can I believe that you're not a spy when your clan is well known for sticking their noses into other's businesses, nya. While what you said might be true, I can't guarantee that you aren't intentionally or unintentionally leaking secrets, nya. Nor can I guarantee you won't betray me after this, nya."(Blade)

These were all true, but I didn't care if she did or not, 'cause again, this was all just an excuse to take their daughter, nya.

"*Cough* I swear I won't betray you. I just want to live peacefully with my family. I'll even swear on my name. Just leave us be."(Maeri)

(Flat) Yeah, that would mean shit without your family, nya.

"Someone seems more docile after getting defeated, nya."(Blade)

"*Cough* It's because I know I can't win. Even with what I learned from my father, I still couldn't even touch you. You're way more dangerous than anything in this realm. I'd rather have your favor than dismay."(Maeri)

"Nyahaha! Smart choice, nya. Then prove your loyalty, nya. Stop hiding all of your tails, nya."(Blade)

Meanwhile, her family was looking at her with total confusion, and she just looked back at them with apprehension and guilt, nya. She then looked back at me while nodding in resignation as I wasn't giving her a choice, nya.

1