A House Goblin Vol.1
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a distant kingdom far far away there was a peasant that lived in an old wooden house beside a dry dusty windmill.

The man was old and had no wife or children. He lived completely alone, with nobody except his lazy cat that slept most of the day.
"Still sleeping, Jack?" The old peasant said, as he dragged a linen sack of grain across the creaking wooden floor of the windmill.
"Today was a great day, friend!" The peasant proclaimed,
"Those folks brought many grains to the mill, and I got to keep my fair share of goods and coin!"
The man spoke and picked up a flagon of ale from a nearby wooden barrel.
"Praised be the golden fields of Vikeron!"
He cheered before drinking deep, getting more and more intoxicated with every sip,
And as the day slowly turned into night, the man found his way to bed and as soon as he stretched his back after a day of hard work, he fell deeply asleep, snoring with his empty wooden mug beside him.
But while the frogs sang in the distance and the sound of the crickets filled the misty fields, a couple of quick steps sounded against the wooden boards of the old peasant's home, and the sound of an old broom swabbing could barely be heard, muffled by the silent creeking of windmill in the night.
"Rilly!" A raspy squeaking voice whispered in the empty kitchen, seemingly out of thin air.
"Shhh! You will awake the master!"
A skinny household Brownie replied while anxiously clenching the broom.
It was about a meter tall and covered in a layer of short brown fur, with big round eyes and a small mouth with thin dark lips and very large dog-like ears, and a sharp pointy nose.
"A master?" The raspy voice replied.
"No masters!" It screamed and repeated,
"No masters!" and small objects started flying around, hitting Rilly from every direction, grains of wheat, bits of bread and candles filled the air and bounced all around the kitchen.
"Stop it, fool!" Rilly commanded while suppressing his voice.
"Shoo! Shoo!" The Brownie hissed and swung its broom, seemingly chasing something invisible across the wooden table, around a furnace and back again, knocking a copper kettle from the top of a desk.
And as soon as the kettle touched the floor, it tumbled loudly, bouncing and ringing harshly on the wooden boards.
Realizing what he had done, Rilly dropped his broom and covered his small mouth with his tiny hands, before jumping into the ash that laid cold in the fireplace with but a single glowing ember.
And as soon as he touched the ash, he disappeared with a puff of smoke and dust.
"Jaaack!" An enraged scream came from the peasant's chamber.
"Clumsy old cat! Look what you have done!" the peasant yelled and mumbled some words to his chin while clearing the mess, complaining too loudly to hear the vile giggle and rubbing of small hands.
As the peasant cleared the mess in the kitchen, a creature materialized out of thin air in his room, green and vile, covered in moles and scabs.

1