Tharvalok: The Great Hollow Vol.2
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Above Drakkura are the steep mountains made of dark and hard bedrock, or blackstone, that forms most of Tharvalok as well as the deeper reaches of the Underworld.

Those mountains are much larger than the mountains of the Elemorion, and the mountainsides are the places where the lesser demons live; short, impish creatures known as Beezeloks that dwell in the steep rocky deserts, digging holes in the ground as their residence. They often descend to the first layer to hunt with spears and other weapons that they improvise from the materials that they can find in the first layer: wood, flint, stone, bone shards, and reptillian scales and teeth. Their skin is dark red and covered with stone scales. Their hair is the same color as the fire, and their teeth are sharp and black. Their eyes are yellow and look like the eyes of reptiles, and they have two fiery horns on top of their heads that vary from one individual to another. The Beezeloks often laugh, and their laughter frightens the souls unfortunate enough to be sent to Drakkura, where the Beezeloks are known to drain the souls of their power. 
Whatever soul, for whatever reason, is not accepted by Xorael and returned to the circle of life, is often sent to the Underworld, where Naldir finds them and decides their fate. The most sinful ones are sent to Tharvalok, and among those, the coldest of souls that have committed treacheries against their friends and family are sent to Drakkura, to dwell in the pits of the snakes and be hunted by the Ayog'ul.

Most of the enormous mountains of Tharvalok form plateaus at some point, and the plateaus form the second, much brighter and hotter layer, Gruttalon, the Scorched Plains. 
The plains are made of blackstone and lava, and the skies above them are red. They reek of sulfur, and their surfaces are covered with lava rivers and lakes. There are many demonic fortresses and castles in the second layer, supported by the carved stone pillars and doorways, engraved with many depictions of mortal life, of sins and banished souls, and of whole groups of them being boiled alive in the lava lakes. But one need not look far to see such scenes in reality, for there are many lakes in Gruttalon used for such purposes, and around them stand Demonic Tyrants, huge demons with red skin and wings, horns and tails, and skin-covered faces, and the demons are known as the Arvagols. 
They torture the banished souls to extract their power until they are nothing but a husk, and their power is most often used to forge the demonic weapons in their hell forges in the cities that rest upon the scorched plains.
Demonic cities are surrounded by large engraved stone walls and protected by demonic armies that are organized into numerous legions. 
The main purpose of the Demonic Tyrants is to torture the souls that are banished to Gruttalon. 
Some of the sinful souls are burried beneath the ground, with only their faces sticking out from the sizzling stones, and left for centuries, where they slowly grow, and some of the faces from the ground reach enormous sizes, as they scream with their deep and bellowing, distorted screams. After the centuries of torture, they forget who they were, and when they are released, they become the fire giants. 
So what should a mortal do to deserve such punishment ? Gruttalon is reserved only for the most vile of deeds; for kinslayers, corrupt leaders, and users of the vilest of magic, such as necromancy. 
But those that think that piety may save them from such a fate are clearly wrong, for Naldir often punishes even the most zealous followers of whatever god they worship,even the living mortals that dare to trespass upon his fiery domain.

0