54: The Battle of New York! (2)
2.6k 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54: The Battle of New York! (2)

From the Stark Tower, Enrique’s house was around 20 kilometers away. His office, however, was between these two places. From the tower, his office was 10 kilometers away.

So there was a chance that the Chitauri assault might reach here. Ten kilometers was far, but it wasn’t courtiers apart, after all. It’d be bad for his reputation and also repair costs if the attack reached here and destroyed the building, killing the employees.

While stopping the building from getting possibly destroyed was hard, the same didn’t apply to the people. He could save them, and he should.

So Enrique pushed open the window in his office, the exclusively made window in his boss’s chamber that could be easily opened by him from the other side. Pushing open the door of his chamber next, he stepped into the general office with Anna in his arms.

“Hey, guys. Sorry for the sudden visit.”

Dropping her to her feet, he allowed the other to stop working for a moment as they gave Anna a surprised look. While they did, Enrique’s costume finished changing into his business model.

“All right, people.”

Enrique cleared his throat.

“Something great happened to me, so I am announcing an office vacation. Three-days Hawaii trip sounds good? The company will pay. You can bring one friend or family member along. I might join too if I have free time. It’s time to rejoice.”

The employees who were staring at Rogue, who had come to the office for the first time, all snapped their heads at Enrique. There was a short silence before they broke out in a cheer.

“Hey, have I said how you’re the best boss?”

One of the 7 female employees, a typical blondie who was in her early 20s, cheered out. Amelia was one of the more cheerful employees, thanks to being the youngest here.

“You did. You said the same thing three times this week.”

Enrique chuckled and watched the girl smile goofily. In a joking tone, she spoke her next words.

“But boss, I am not married, nor do I have a boyfriend. Isn’t it a shame to go alone? As a concerned employee, I think we should save money. I suggest you don’t buy a ticket for yourself, and just use my spare. What do you think?”

Enrique laughed it off while sending a slight jolt of electricity to Anna who looked ticked off by the joke. The jolt told her not to do anything stupid.

“Haha, young people are so humorous. Sadly, I will have to reject that offer. But I do agree with your idea of saving money. In that case,”

Enrique turned his head around to look for someone. Only a second later did he notice the red-headed MJ running towards him with papers in her arms. It seemed she hadn’t heard his announcement yet and was only leaving her office when she noticed him.

“Miss Jane can use your spare. Since she too is single, sadly.”

MJ froze on her spot, blinking in confusion at why her marital status was being brought up. She tilted her head and looked around.

Before this, she was about to grab Enrique and hand him over the paper works, but now she was confused. Sadly, she stayed confused until the last moment since Enrique had to leave and do other things.

“Anyhow, everybody. I will send you emails with more details. Please explain the situation to Miss Jane here. The flight is tomorrow, 8 P.M. Goodbye.”

While MJ looked around disorderly, Enrique grabbed Rogue and flew off through the open window.

*  *  *

In the meantime, a certain Harry Osborn was going through an episode. Inside his penthouse, the lavish bedroom, he stared at his reflection in the mirror.

“Tomorrow…”

“Tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow.”

In this dimly lit room, Harry Osborn continued muttering under his breath.

His eyes stared at the eyes on the other side of the mirror. Until the other eyes flashed with a green light… and the reflection revealed a nasty grin.

*  *  *

Enrique didn’t have to take any other detours. He flew to his mansion, located in one corner of Highland Park, and dropped before the gate gently.

“Get off?”

He asked Anna, but she didn’t get off. She clung to him as he was holding her in a princess carry. She wore a grumpy look but didn’t look into his eyes.

‘Perhaps that time of the month is nearing.’

With a sigh, Enrique went along with her whim and ordered his cape to press the bell. Not long after the bell was pressed, the door parted open and revealed a worried Tigra.

“Gosh, you’re finally back! That Emma Frost woman is waiting for you inside. It’s been a while.” said Greer, in her human form, as she wore a sports bra and shorts.

Enrique blinked. “Ah, she’s here already? I envy her teleporter assistant.”

Nudging his chin at Greer, he followed her inside the house. Moving in, he found Emma sitting on a large sofa with another girl by her side. Her teleporter assistant stood behind the sofa like a diligent butler.

Noting Anna wouldn’t still get off his arms, as she rather pushed her face onto his chest, Enrique nodded at Emma with a smile.

The Ice Queen returned the nod with an icy stare. “I brought her, as per your request. However, keep in mind your promise. If she is hurt, then you’ll have to pay.”

“Big words coming from a sore loser,”

Enrique scoffed with a smirk, seeing her glare at him.

“Though worry not, she will be fine. It’d be a pity to let such a beautiful young woman die.”

Seeing him add that, Emma narrowed her eyes. “Another thing, you can’t touch her. If you do…”

“I am not a sex offender. Disrespectful woman.” Enrique sighed and dramatically shook his head. “If I was, I would have demanded that body you’re so proud of after I defeated you that day. Be respectful before I blow your head off.”

“….”

Perhaps he shouldn’t have said that. Emma looked grumpy, but that wasn’t a problem. The problem was the young lady sitting beside her, looking quite scared at the empty threat.

With locks of blonde hair flowing over her back, the young lady looked to be just as old as Anna. Her cheeks were a shade of orange as if a natural blush. From time to time, her veins flared up in an orange light, as if lava was running through her veins. Then again, that was exactly the case.

Going by the name [Magma], she was a part of Emma Frost’s Hellions. She was the young lady who had a level of destructive power that made Enrique choose her for the Battle of New York.

It was apparent that she was fearful of Enrique. As a mutant, she obviously knew about the X-Men, and also that her own group of Hellions was inspired by that group. She should be aware that her group is weaker than the X-Men.

So this man who had taken down the X-Men so easily, and threatened to kill the Hellions back then, was someone who could send chills down her spine every time he spoke. Despite all her powers, she felt stared at by his cold gray eyes.

She really wouldn’t have come if Principal Emma didn’t request her specifically and said the future of Mutant Kind may be dependent on this mission.

Emma looked at Magma and then looked at Enrique. With a grumpy look, she just sighed and said nothing.

‘She hadn’t tried anything with Greer, has she?’

Enrique asked in his head, and the answer came swiftly.

[“She has not, no. That human-tiger hybrid little girl is quick-witted, so she prayed for her mind’s safety to me the moment she saw Emma. After which, I would have known if Emma tried to invade her mind. On that note, this ascertains our 2nd Super believer. Good job!]

Enrique smirked down at her. “Good grief, Miss Frost, I am proud of you. Is this character development? You didn’t try to get into Greer’s head this time.”

“Allow me to apologize for the threat I just made. The same goes for Miss Magma… Ah, what’s your real name?”

He tilted his head, making Emma’s eyes twitch. He wanted her to believe he didn’t know her name, while he had access to other top-secret information.

‘Bullocks.’

Emma said, “Her name is Amara Aquilla. However, I am sure that’s none of Mr. Nova’s concern. Given that this is merely a short-term team-up, you can refer to her as just Magma. That’s more professional, no?”

Amara Juliana Olivians Aquilla was born in the country of Nova Roma, a colony of the Roman Empire founded shortly after the death of Julius Caesar in 44 BC. The colony was hidden in modern Brazil and was ruled by the immortal mutant sorceress Selene. 

Amara was the daughter of Lucius Antonius Aquilla, a prominent senator of Nova Roma. If something happened to a girl of such a background.

Emma added, “On that note, this mission, what’s it about? I am trying to look into it, but it will take a while before I am able to get a clear picture. Since you’re taking one of my girls, some information exchange should be plausible, right?”

Enrique shrugged his shoulders. “I am just going to say that, keep your kids out of Manhattan for the next few days. You will thank me if you do.”

“….”

Emma narrowed her eyes, disappointed at that little information before she sighed. She stood up.

“All right, Mr. Nova. As it appears I am quite a busybody, I will have to take my leave. Once again, don’t you let harm touch my girl, and don’t you touch her in any shape or form. See you later.”

Emma gently raised an arm, and Azazel quickly walked over to her side to grab that arm. Then they vanished from their spot, leaving red smoke to float in the area.

Smiling, Enrique walked over to Magma and slumped down beside Magma. Anna was still in his arms, but he didn’t seem to care.

“Now, Miss Amy. I am hoping for great cooperation and reasonable understanding throughout this mission. I am not as scary as you think, but, if you intentionally mess something up… then I can be scarier.”

He whispered into her ears, leaning closer eerily, and smirked seeing goosebumps happen on her forearm.

….

That evening, Loki attacked Germany for Iridium, and everything afterward happened just like in canon. Enrique watched it on TV as Loki was arrested by Iron Man and was taken away to the sky.

Enrique was getting excited. The day was just here.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

24