Chapter 7: Business planning and Third trade
92 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hiddle, can you bring me some snacks? I'm hungry after all the talking."

"Sure. I'll bring them into your room after this."

His conversation with his father continued till after dinner and he was tired mentally. 

He needs time to process the information and checked a few stuff. The Hydra's and SHIELD's stuffs.

It is noted that he didn't tell his father about his smartphone business. In 1992 after IBM launched its version of the smartphone, it was not well received. The function was barely working and it was too bulky.

"If I want to make the smartphone come earlier, hmmm...I need...to advance a few technologies such as network communication, telecommunication, WiFi, touch screen technology, processing chip, camera, and so on. It'll take a lot of time..." he mumbled as he jotted down the requirement.  He needed to be sure of the technology to explain it to people. Especially to his family if he wanted to claim it as his invention.

It'd also suspicious if he came out with an era-defining tech after only 2 months. He planned to start his business after getting into college as he could say that's where the idea comes from.

But, it seems like he had to do something else first. His father was having some difficulty with the board members of the company. His action in the hidden battle may have caused the board to lose confidence in him. The company was in decline as a result of the incident, and his dad was rumored to be forced to step down as the chairman. He learned all of this when he surfed the internet and read the Wall Streets article that was meant to bring the Knight Industry stock's down. 

"It seems like I can play a prodigal son who returned! Just a little bit."

He planned to help his father with the complications. Ryan asked Hiddle for a list of company products, with their corresponding specifications. Although puzzled by the sudden request, Hiddle complied with his demand.

The higher-level technology in the Marvel world cannot be underestimated. Although it's only 2005, the technology for automobiles, such as car engines, alloys, and smart systems was advanced. But, it was still within the range of the early 2015s.

"Hmm, which sector should I pick?"

After some thinking, Ryan focused on the improvement of cars. The company started with the automobile industry, it's only right for his father to make a comeback in the same sector. The Knight model luxury sport car with a V6 engine was the main product of the company, but it's falling behind compared to the competitors. 

Knight Industry also have a stake in housing development, real estate, agriculture, insurance, and many more. Knight Industry has a plethora of revenue sources. Even entertainment and theatre were a part of it, but it's very small as they only started to dabble for a few months. 

While making some designs, Ryan remembered the 2022 Ferrari twin-turbo v6 engine with 663 hp and 221hp/l that he always saw on Youtube before he transmigrated. It was his dream car at the time, although he lived a poor life. The details of the car are crystal clear in his memory and he based his designs with the car. 

It'll take some effort to make something similar. Although Ryan plans to modify the V6 engine, he still needed to learn about it. As a fan, he knew exactly how to improve it. He just needed to do some calculations and material research. He also planned to search for a car blueprint on the trading site as a fallback in case he couldn't made it on his own. 

He also planned to search for Intelli-crop technology in the system or any relevant technology in agriculture. Stark come out with the technology in the agricultural industry in the year 2008. He was 3 year ahead of Tony on this matter if he managed to find the Intelli-crop in the system. The idea was there, but it'll take a lot of hard work make it come true. 

After careful planning, he felt lost on how to start. He wasn't a genius and he would never proclaimed himself as one.  Maybe the previous Ryan was smart, but he was comatose for 3 years. A lot has happened since, and he still hasn't caught up with all of it.

"Young master, this is the material you requested," Hiddle handed a stack of documents almost 8 inches tall. 

Ryan placed the document on her desk study. "Thank you, but next time you can just hand me a flash drive."

Hiddle looked confused by the new word. "What's a flash drive?"

Ryan stammered a bit and quickly said "A CD, it's called a drive."

"Can you burn documents onto a CD?" Hiddle asked again. The technology was actually widespread, but Ryan misunderstood it as Hiddle didn't know about it. Ryan had to play the role of a kind grandson, explaining technology to the old man. 'It seems like a USB drive is also a good idea,' he quickly noted in his mind.

As he is still in 'rehab', he was locked up in the house. Maybe in another month or two after the doctor cleared him. he could step into the world. Prolonged isolation wasn't not a new thing for him as he was in the pandemic. But it's a hassle for him to find relevant knowledge for the things he was working on. 

"Hiddle, I also need some R&D data for the past few years. Ooh, and the data of our competitors," he passed down the order. The data that Hiddle gathered compelled him to start. He had already finished the design for the new engine. It only took two days after he got the data from the company. 

"Sure, I'll bring it to you in a CD after this," Hiddle was going to let the young'uns of the company do it. Although theRyan explained to him  carefully, he didn't understand any of it. He was in Vietnam for god's sake!  This new technology all looks like doodads to him.

At dinner, Tim asked him about his actions, "What are you going to do with all the data Ryan?" The son replied, "I'm just interested in the company, and I can learn a lot of things from it."

Tim was satisfied with his son's answer. "You can go to the company to learn it soon. Don't push yourself too hard. Focus on getting healthy first," his father started to nag, although it was short. 

Ryan had no problem going to the company, but he was afraid that he would came across as a little weird around others. His basic social skills degenerated a lot during the pandemic. It's not like he could buy social skills on the trading site. "Hmm...Let's check if the system got it later."

This problem bothered him since some of the patrolmen in his house that he tried to talk to looked at him weirdly. Putting his social awkwardness aside, he took 2 weeks to finished his design of the engine and modification a powerful new car.

He'd pretty sure that it'll get an explosive reaction once it hits the market. "I'll give myself a gift because I did a good thing."

He waltzed to his father's art room and stole a few antiques that catches his eyes. He wanted to sell it at the trading site during the next session. This was the kind of thing that made the patrolman look at him weirdly, but he didn't realize that.

There was a stack of paper on his table that he stared unmoving for a while. "Should I wrap it or just leave it be?" he muttered indesively. He finished his work and he wanted to  give it as a present it to his father. But not right away. He wanted to make sure that he could run away after giving it so he wouldn't have to deal with the awkwardness afterward.

Finally, the 15th came. "Boy, time surely flies."

He's been busy doing all sorts of stuff that a month passes by. He prepared 10 kg of gold priced at 140,000 dollars. Previously, he only prepared 2.5 kg gold, priced at 70,000 dollars. "Why is gold cheap ? It's only 2005 Muahaha"

These was the last of his stock. If he wanted more gold, he needed to get out of the house. Hiddle already forbade him to buy stuff online. "It's for privacy reasons," the old man said , worried that the young man was scammed by people online. 

After exchanging the gold. Ryan searched for knowledge and a blueprints that he wanted. There was an engine listed, but it's too powerful for his requirement after reading the engine name. He bought it for reference as he was a rich young master. In this session, he has a lot of money to splurge -  2000 tc. His listed item from the previous trade gives him an extra 150 tc once sold.

Refocusing himself after the evil laugh, he bought some knowledge in alloy refining, vacuum arc melting plant, hydraulic press steel plate, alloy composition, and many more to upgrade Knights Company equipments and to prepare for his upcoming new car.

Basic knowledge such as basic mathematics, basic physics, and basic chemistry, were bought endlessly to further solidify his foundation. When it were integrated into his mind, they were a lot more advanced than what basic knowledge should have been. With it, he could make the design in a day instead of taking two weeks.

He also bought a lot of knowledge in agriculture, and real estate planning, more and more as if he was addicted to it. He was busy clicking and buying, then something popped out that catches his attention.

[Congratulations User. You have bought 30 or more basic knowledge sold in the marketplace.  You are rewarded the achievement [SCHOLAR] You will get 10%  discount off for the next 10 purchases of knowledge related inventory]

"Nice."

He didn't know there was achievements in the system. He skipped a lot of the rules because the time was too short to read it all in each trade. The 10% discount was good though. Ryan continued buying more knowledge in the system as not to waste the discount. Then he searched for new skills after the discount was over. 

"Maybe there's an achievement for many skills taken?". He got an idea after reading the knowledge-based achievement. He contemplated for a while and glanced at his funds.  There are 1000+ tc points left. He only had 7 basic skills. To get to 30 will caused him to spend more than 500 tc. "Well no time to think about it, I've only got 30 minutes."

He quickly bought basic dagger mastery, basic staff mastery, basic sniping mastery, basic bomb-making mastery, basic interrogation, basic psychological cues reading, basic acting, basic mimicry, basic parallel thinking, basic rest skill, basic yoga, basic Kamasutra, basic mixed martial art, basic kung-fu, basic wingchun, and more.

After reaching the 30th skill, Ryan gets a notification

[Congratulations, You have acquired 30 or more skills in the skill section. You get the achievement [BEGINNER]. You will receive a 10% discount for the skill-related section in the future.]

Ryan was extremely elated. He only spent 460 tc for the achievement. Then, greed started to boil inside him. 

"Item is also a category, right? Maybe?"

It was a good thing hat items bought in the system marketplace were stored in the inventory where he can summon them anytime he needed them. Otherwise, his room will be full from the items he bought today.

Even after more than 30 items, there's still no notification. Even after 40 items, still no notification. He thought, 'Maybe there's no achievement for the item section?' He didn't stop buying despite his hypothesis as there was only a little time left and he had 250 tc in his account.

He was very lucky that he bought knowledge first before he bought the item. Otherwise, there's a lot of stuff he had bought that will leave him clueless. He bought a supercomputer, an external transmitter, a connecting drone, a hacking drone, a radar scanner, a full-body kevlar suit, a night raid suit, an infrared camera, USB, more phones, some manufacturing machines, a car, a variety of guns, beer, random food and drinks, some potions.

"Let's just finish it, I'll get more funds next month," He muttered as he saw that he only have less than 10 tc as fund. 

It was almost an hour in the trading session and none of his items listed this week were sold. His fund was now gone. He was satisfied and wanted to count today's harvest but a notification came through at the last minute. To be exact there are 2 notifications that popped up.

[Congratulations! You've spent all your currency in a trade 3 sessions in a row. You've got the achievement [Nouveau Riche]. Additional 10% more in tc will be added if you sell merchandise to the system next session.]

"Finally!"

Next trade he planned to sell even more gold to benefit from the advantage. He thought that was it, but when he read the next notification, it blew his mind.

6