Chapter 11: Encounter.
89 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ryan Knight, I knew that... he is the son of a rich man that is the Knights industry founder. He is also a Generic, Second-generation Rich man with no skills and motivation in life.  He always sleeps in class, he cheated during tests and he always pays for his assignment to be done by others. The only noteworthy thing about him is that he didn't bother other people with his hedonistic lifestyle.'

This was Gwen Stacy's hateful impression on the previous 'Ryan Knight'. 

She was preparing for the exam when she heard someone calling her. She turned with a kind expression and turned sour when she saw who was calling.

"Hey, are you in thermodynamics class? "

The guy who asked was wearing a checkered shirt with a brown jacket on top, carrying a sling bag and has a mask on his face. Although the mask covered his face, she knew who the bastard was.

She got annoyed every time when she looked at his face because they were once partners in a course assignments. The man in front of him didn't do anything to help her with the hard work they were supposed to do together. Afterward, he transferred 10,000 dollars to her bank account and said it was a gift. She disdained this type of behaviour. 'And how the hell did he know my account number!?'

As a scholarship student, she hated anyone who took their studies for granted. She returned the money immediately and when she told the faculty about it, the professor couldn't do anything but smile and said, "Knight's family is one of the university's biggest donors. He's untouchable." 

She thought that was bad enough, but now he even had the audacity to forget about her even though she had just confronted him about his behavior just weeks ago. From Ryan's expression, she knew he wasn't joking when he asked the question. 

'How could he not know me!? 'she thought in frustration. She tried to calm down and said with gritted teeth, "Why are you being weird , we had the class assignment together." 

She tested him. She thought maybe he didn't pay attention to who he was talking to. She studied his face closely after she asked that. But then his reaction was that he was surprised? And a little fear? She was confused by his reaction. She then added, "Did you forget me? "

Ryan stuttered a bit and said," Of course, you're...in my class. Miss…"  His voice trailed off, she could tell he didn't know her name. She said loudly with an angry tone, "GWEN! Gwen Stacy!" 

Gwen didn't know that her name made Ryan's mind short-circuited. 'Gwen Stacy? THE Gwen Stacy? From Spider-Man?' His thoughts were a mess. 'Of all the people that I  could ask, I had to ask Spiderman's girlfriend. And she also seems to know me. I messed up!'

He panicked! Dana didn't tell him anything about this. Didn't he say he didn't have any friends? He become dazed, his eyes weren't focusing, and Gwen noticed that. 

"Are you okay Knight?" Gwen asked with worry in her tone. She could see that he was wearing a mask. Although she's mad at him, she also thought he might be sick. She regretted a little bit for yelling to him. She also notices that the guy was relatively skinnier than what he used to be. 

He snapped out of his spiralling and looked at her again, closely this time.  'She does bear resemblance to her character on screen, but much more beautiful.' 

"I'm okay, I just wanted to ask where the exam hall was," he said in a calm voice. Ryan wanted to quickly finished his main purpose of asking a stranger and just take the exam quietly. 

"The exam hall is on the left wing. You can just follow me to the place," she said.  Although she had a bad impression on Ryan, her experience as a student's facilitator in high school conditioned her to always help her fellow peer. She watched that he was seemingly grateful for her help and was quite satisfied. Then, her trained observation skill that was imparted from her father notified her that something was amiss with the man in front of her.  

"Wait a minute!"  she said. A bad thought raised in her mind as his background in cheating and his cluelessness about who she was pieced together and created a thoughtful analysis. "Take off your mask!" she demanded. 

Puzzled, Ryan complied with it. He took off his mask and revealed his face to her.

"Ohh," she was stunned when he complied obediently. It seemed that her hunch about him hiring someone to take the exam for him was wrong. Also, she studied his face closely for the first time ever.  'Has this guy always been this... handsome?'  she thought in her heart. "Nevermind, you can put it back on."

The confused Ryan blurted out without him realising it, "You are a weird fella, aren't you?". Gwen was 0ffended greatly when she heard the word. "YOU'RE THE WEIRD ONE!" 

She refused to become the weird one in the weirdest guy's book. She let out a sigh after she saw he was startled by the sudden yelling.

Tiredness basked all over her from the short dialogue that she wanted to move away from him. But her experience as a student counsellor made her couldn't abandon a student in need. She hated herself for this.

'Why do you even bother to take the test, it's not like you've studied,' She thought. It sounded mean, but it couldn't be helped. Her thoughts on the guy were bordering eternal hate.

"I'll sit right there. Just follow me when the time comes," She said. 

She even wanted to punch his face sometimes. Her feelings became this way after 'Ryan' tried to pay her to do the assignment. Before that, she was just indifferent toward him. 

Ryan nodded. He sat down near her until the time for the test. He opened the lecture book and made some revisions. He noticed Gwen's contempt when their eyes meet. His skill on psychological cues warned him about it.

'I'm just a shadow, just a shadow,'  he played the mantra inside his mind and tried to make his presence as low as possible. While trying to become an ant, he didn't notice that she was surprised after she saw him with a book. She thought rudely, denying any thoughts that he might actually studied for the exam, 'Maybe he'll try to cheat again' . Gwen's eyes lingered on him for a while to search for possible cheat gadgets before she turned her face back to her own book. 

Nearing 9 o'clock , Ryan followed Gwen to the exam hall like a baby duck. He maintained at least a three meter distance and quietly followed her from behind. He couldn't even appreciate the beautiful back view as he was nervous. In the exam hall, to his nightmare, Gwen's seat was located behind him. 

Being near someone who you know hated you was really uncomfortable . He took the exam in cold sweats. He could felt her glare from his back once in a while. If the talisman didn't showed that she had no malice, he might think the girl wanted to shoot him. 

After the exam, Gwen stopped him and asked  before he could sneak away.

"How is it? Can you answer the questions?"

By the end of the test, he noticed she looks very proud of her performance.  Honestly, the test was easy for him too. But he didn't know how to tell her that without making her hate him even more. 

His finger scratched his cheek and he muttered ,"Well..."

While he was debating internally on how to play this, he noticed a gloating expression on her face. She said "It's hard when you can't cheat right!''

She was very happy as she thought the bastard did badly in the exam. The guy was stunned after hearing the accusation. 

She wasn't wrong to make the assumption. She noticed that Ryan was restless during the exam (because of her), and now he has a helpless  expression. (also because of her, he just want to leave quietly) 

Some of Gwen's friends called her ,saving Ryan from his predicament. He could swear that he saw that she snorted before leaving. Ryan sighed and hoped in his heart that he will never meet her again. He sweared to not make any more rookie mistakes in his college life. 

After taking his second exam, he went home and memorised the entire university structure and map. He also checked his relationship with Gwen and it turned out they were partners before. "That's why she is so mad."

Just to be safe, he memorised all his partners in class. 

"Wait, there's something important that I need to do first!"

He took out his phone and made a call.  After the call line was ringing for a while, the person on the other side picked up the call.

"Hey dude, what's going on?" 

"F*ck you Dana!"

Ryan hung up after cursing the guy. He felt a little relieved after doing that. 

The next day came quickly and he only has a psychology exam. Then the rest will be held next week.

He met Gwen again in the exam hall, this time he greeted her calmly and said, "Good luck with your exam." He tried to be nice, but Gwen pursed her lips and walked away. 

Mythic : You must have done something wrong.

VampireKid: Or she just hates your face. 

TheDoctor: Or hates your guts. 

Hydra : Thanks guys, really helpful. 

When he shared his predicament in the group chat. All of the others laugh at him. The worst one is VampireKid

VampireKid : You must be a kindergartner. Go and study more so you can go to school. A cute little baby should stay up so late. 

Turned out the guy transmigrated into a 1000 year old vampire. He's the oldest one in the group. Ryan couldn't be outdone, so he insulted back. 

Hydra : Didn't your bones already rot? How can you type?

They cursed each other before Mythic chimes in.

Mythic: Is Peter Parker also there? Didn't they meet in high-school? 

Hydra: Nope, Peter Parker is only 6 years old. Unless he is dating Milf in the future, I don't think they are going to meet. 

VampireKid: So, aren't you going to date her? Make your own harem? 

Hydra : I wish there is a way to punch someone through the dimensions. 

Hydra : She hates me though, I don't think I have a chance there. 

Baal'sAss: Spiderman~Spiderman. Doing whatever a spider can~

He didn't plan to pursue her. Although her beauty was still fresh in his mind, it's too much of a hassle to date someone. Not to mention, he didn't know how to flirt.

'Note to self, search for girl pickup techniques in the system marketplace.'

VampireKid : Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. Just flip it. 

TheDoctor :Yeah, just be more ambiguous with the advice. That will help.

Hydra : Can we stop with the what if. It will not happen. 

After finishing his next test the day on Friday, Ryan lingered around the University before he was going to head home. If he went back now, he would be stuck in traffic. 

"Hey watch where are you going."

Ryan heard a familiar voice yelling at someone. He turned to see Gwen picking up some scattered notes all over on the ground. The girl who bumped into her had already ran away. It seemed to be a crime of jealousy, but he had no evidence to support it.  They didn't meet today at the exam hall, and he planned to keep it that way. But then he saw this happened. 

He sighed, walked to her and started picking up the paper strewn all over the ground. 

 

JOIN MY DISCORD SERVER!

We Will Have Fun There!

https://discord.gg/jbCXZ2nQD8

7