Chapter 14: Improvement
97 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After lunch, Ryan said goodbye to Gwen and drove straight to the Knight's Industry building. His father had already finished a prototype for a new model of car, and he wanted Ryan's opinion on it. 

Previously, maybe his father wouldn't care about his point of view as he didn't show any interest in the family business. But since he threw out some technology for the company, he valued Ryan's opinions and alleged genius even more. 

Exiting the parking lot, he greeted Hiddle who were waiting for him and walked together to the R & D department. There, he met Tim who was directing the entire R&D team.

"You're here. Take a look," his father said and then pulled the cover for a new brand of sports car, unveiling the works based on Ryan's design.

"This monster here has 650 horsepower, a 10 cm to 30 cm range stable suspension system, peak torque at 4500 RPM…." Tim explained. Most of the tech Ryan gave had already been digested by the company. 

It only took a few weeks for his father to come out with a prototype. Honestly, Ryan was a little shocked as the power of the Knight Industry was higher than he had expected.

The car was a matte black in colour, with only two door and two seats inside it. It has silver rim and a streamlined body. 

"You're gonna put this on the K series? " Ryan asked as he felt the car door with his hand. 

"No, I'm gonna make a new series for this. This car is much better than the previous series and many aspects are fundamentally different," Tim replied. He actually wanted to name this car after Ryan. 

Ryan heard Tim's thought and vigorously shook his head and begged, "Please don't, NEVER put a car with my name."  He was shaken to his core when he heard what his father was thinking about. He would never thought his father was going to do that.

Luckily he checked it out before the cars were serialised.

"What do you think the car brand should be?" Tim asked . The car had helped him out a lot.  Although Ryan didn't want any credit for it, he still wanted to attached Ryan's thoughts to the car. 

Putting his finger under his chin, Ryan thought for a while and finally muttered, " I don't know/ I could only come out with names such as Templar, Piccolo, Highlander…" He listed out useless names. Tim scratched his head when he saw that Ryan was seriously thinking only to come out with some unusable names. 'Maybe he's a genius, but he's slow in this aspect,' Tim thought.

His son continued thinking seriously, not noticing the way his father looked at him. His hand changed to massaging his temple for ideas. His dad noticed his dilemma and decided to lend a helping hand. 

"You can take your time to think about it. Why don't you test the car first?  You can give the name to me by the end of the week."

Tim's suggestion made it easier for him. Ryan was grateful to hear it and decided to push the naming process later on. 

After testing the new car, Ryan made some adjustments to a few systems. 'As I thought, the blueprint and actual item are different.'

Ryan handed a USB drive to his father. "Here, there's improvement on sensing technology for the car." 

"A blueprint for a car camera, a system for smart parking, and an automatic braking system. You can install this all in the car, not only the new ones. It'll make the car more safe and convenient ."

Tim nodded and took the USB drive. He wasn't surprised that his son could come out with more useful technology. Ryan's status as a genius in his heart solidified without his son knowing about it. 

Ryan spent the day at the R&D department doing testing works and debugging. Mr. Harry Gibson, the department head was very satisfied by Ryan's performance. When Tim handed over the technology initially and said that his son made it, the department head was sceptical.

After spending the day together and watched the kid making adjustments, debugging and calibration on the new car and greatly reducing the testing time for the car, made him convinced that Tim's son was secretly a  mechanical genius. He felt sad when Ryan declared he had no intention in entering the company's research team, and wanted to further his studies instead.

Afterward the testings, Ryan entered Tim's office and had some coffee with his dad before they went home. 

"What do you want to talk about?" Tim asked in anticipation. His son suddenly wanted to talk to him alone. Although it's a surprise, it's a welcomed one. They went to get coffee in his office after Ryan made the request.

 Ryan took a sip of the warm coffee. He takes out a new USB drive and handed it over to his dad. Tim was looking forward to receiving it. He asked, "Is this new tech you created."

"Not this time dad, maybe later I'll give you some new tech. This is...different."

His father plugged  the drive to his computer. His face quickly changed to solemn and his eyes become sharp when he read the document on the drive. "Where do you get this ," Tim asked hurriedly as the content gave him some major concerns. 

"Don't worry dad, I made some improvement in programming recently. And to celebrate, I got into some stuff."

It's  actually information about some bad characters in the company. Some deeds that the shareholder did, blackmail materials, bribe records, drug use, and other bad stuff. 

After buying an AI source code, Ryan worked hard in creating his new AI, named ALBUS. He hacked into the company server, state server, the authorities and many more to celebrate.

'If the Knight industry is gonna be my foundation in the future, maybe I could clean it up a little.'

His dad becomes forlorn. Some of the guys in this information were his close acquaintances, some work with him for a long time building this company to what it was today. But now, it's shown that they had stabbed him in the back.

Even his close friend, Jeremiah, was dealing behind his back. He was the one who leaked information about the technology that made the Knight Industry become targeted by selling information on the black market. 

Ryan knew his father needed some time to process this. He sat there silently sipping coffee while his father was thinking of the next move.

"Thank you," Tim said in a low voice. Ryan nodded after hearing that, and he walked away from the room. 

'Maybe this is his  revenge, maybe he is just getting started, I hope he didn't go onto the wrong path, Tim's thought while looking at his son's back.

He assumed about his son's sudden change in personality and his solitary life is because of revenge. He looked at Ryan with a complicated expression. He didn't know if he should ask him about it, or maybe he misunderstood. But until he knew for sure, he was just going to let the kid do whatever he wanted to do.

Tim has a look of determination, "Don't worry, I know what to do." He made a vow even when nobody was there. "It looks like the mad dog is going to bite again," he muttered menacingly.

"Hiddle," Tim called.

"Yes, master, " Hiddle replied and stepped out from the shadows. 

The housekeeper was just outside the door when the two are talking. Tim  handed  the USB drive to his executioner and said, " I want them gone by the week."

The housekeeper checked the information and proclaimed with an evil look on his face, "I can do it in 3 days."

"What should we do with the shareholders' share?"

He already consider that the shareholders didn't exist. Tim replied, "Make them handover the share, then transfer it onto Ryan's name."

Hiddle replied excitedly, "Yes sir." He walked outside the room and was executing the order.

It took three day to purge all of the bloodsucking bat's from the company. There was chaos in the management, the company now had lost more than 15% of staff. There were many accusation such as corruption, abuse of power, sexual assault in a lot of different department.

"Please, I have been working for this company for 20 years," A man pleaded.

"Then you should know by now the consequences of your actions." Hiddle replied coldly.  "Guards, take him out of the building, and hand him over to the police." 

Even some of the shareholders were gone. After Hiddle made them transfer the share by blackmailing them, he took the evidence to the authorities anyway. There was no mercy for the betrayer. Many executives saw the housekeeper as a demon at the time of the great purging. 

The only thing Ryan did that week was to come out with the car's new name. He plagiarised Bugatti's company car name in the future and texted his father. The new car will be called Bugatti La Voiture Noire. Ryan spent the rest of the year living a low key life. 

After winter break, he gotten closer to Gwen in the university for the second semester, wrote some papers, got recognised by the scholars community, and ventured into the smartphone business. He also worked tirelessly to let his father do all the work in making improvements on the world communication network. He needed additional work by rejecting media's interview after he shown his capabilities to the world. 

He made some animated movies, such as Frozen, Moana, Encanto, The Lion King 2 and 3, Aladdin and many more. Also throwing tech to make LCD TV, a very high improvement from the bulky TV, with a 4k display.

He unveiled a new smartphone design called the IPhones. There's no Apple here, he checked. After the conference, it became a craze to the world.

"This is, innovation" 

Many of the industrial spies, sabotage, and business traps have been settled with ALBUS. He also placed the AI into the company server to help the company's business. He made two separate programs, one available to the majority of the workers, and another only available for the top brass. It greatly increased the efficiency of the company and allowed the workers to assign their work in a more flexible matter. 

For his personal strength, he had taken the elementary gene optimization fluid. Now he reached 3x the strength of a normal man. High quality food from other worlds coupled with body refining exercises makes him nearing 4 times the strength with his continuous improvement.

He finally graduated from his skinny body. His muscles now are not bulky, but lean. His body looks like a Greek god, with height reaching 185cm tall. 

Whenever he has free time, he will train using [Training card - D grade] items that he purchased from the trading site, which allowed him to enter simulated fights. It greatly enhanced his fighting skills and accumulated combat experience. 

"Set the opponent to Captain America and The Winter Soldier."

Although he knows he's going to lose, he gets a lot of important experience doing it. After it has been set up, he screamed to start the battle.

"Come on!" 

He readied himself for the attack from the man with the shield and the man with the metal arm in front of him. 

 

JOIN MY DISCORD SERVER!

We Will Have Fun There!

 

https://discord.gg/jbCXZ2nQD8

7