Chapter 1 – A New World
95 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And then there was nothingness. A rather mundane death if you're asking for my opinion, but it's my first death so not much of an input here. My soul seems to traveled into something quite familiar I think? a wormhole as time suddenly popped and slowed to a standstill, I can still see Carl there running towards me, but time stopped. Color was drained away in this domain, lots of grey and lack of movement.

My soul left my mangled body, I could see myself leaving the body wisps and everything .And time literally stops so I'm not complaining. What a way to end my life like that. but here I am floating like a lost ghastly. Haha, I made a Pokemon joke! totally not funny...haha... 

"Crap, I'm dead. This sucks..."

What now? 

Suddenly I was sucked into a void almost instantly, without any given notice. It was almost instantenous as I was still pondering about the ramifications of my gruesome death to my three little cute boys, especially Carl..I probably spook the kid for years to come, that's gonna leave some emotional damage seeing my head burst like a pancake under the bus ...uhh, never mind.

I look around.

I was in an empty space, No it's not an empty space. I know this place. The Distortion world of Pokemon. What am I doing here? Somehow I tried to remember what the Distortion world really is.

recalling stuff became really difficult once you're in soul form. All I remembered was...Pokémon stuff I knew.

In the beginning. There was an Egg, and something about the egg turned into a god, My lore about the Pokemon Jesus is sparse at best but I know this place, I've seen it in the game. The Distortion World, and in this world, a powerful Legendary Pokemon exist. The one that lords all over Anti Matter according to Sinnohs Champion.

There, stood the most terrifying Pokemon I had ever laid eyes on, In reality, a Legendary Pokemon can be quite imposing. I watched the movie too, it was great. Right now? not feeling that great, only fear. Where's a syaymin when you need one? The Mythical Legendary just stood there silently and stare at my ghostly form. I don't have a body apparently. Still in ghastly mode btw. I feel really tiny right now.

At the beginning of the movie, Giratina's home world, the Distortion World, was polluted with black, poisonous clouds due to Dialga and Palkia's deadly battle in Alamos Town... This disturbance angered Giratina so much that "it" decided to get revenge on both of them by battling Dialga first.

When Dialga stopped at a lake to get a drink of water, Giratina lured it through the portal and attempts to engage it in a battle. However, thanks to Shaymin, who unexpectedly stowed away on Dialga's tail, used its Seed Flare move to give Dialga a chance for it to escape and return to its own dimension. Giratina tried to follow it, but it ended up getting trapped in the time loop, which causes it to become unable to move into the real world. Giratina decided to capture Shaymin so it could use Seed Flare again to create a hole in the real world, which in fact shattered Dialga's time loop.

The dude just ambushed another fellow Legendary pokemon like it's nothing. Just when I was about to run a voice stopped Giratina from moving, a booming voice, authoritative and enigmatic as well

" The entity was brought here by me, I'll take it from here"

Before Giratina could do anything else, Suddenly I was lifted from the planes and transported to space- there I saw it. Arceus. God of all Pokemon. He said he brought me here. Suddenly I was no longer in that distorted world. A new place full of white splendid light and emptiness. Oh, there's so many questions I wanted to ask the space jesus god Ilama..

" Questions? that can wait, An introduction first, What is your name?"

I wanted to answer but suddenly I can't remember...Louise? I think that was my name...But I'm not sure. Did I just forget my own name?? Being a soul, you tend to have muddled memories within you. I couldn't recall anything from before except bits and pieces of my former life and the fact that I came here after dying. Oh no, I can't even remember my former three adorable nephews...crap.

"Can't remember? That is fine. The soul is intact, Eventually, you will remember everything, or you may choose your own name in due time. Welcome to my realm, located beyond both time and space"

Okay then, No name. that's cool. I could be blank. like that one cool anime.

Are you a boy or a girl?

Better not mess this up! I choose BOY!! Well that's easy I try to say something but I forgot.. I don't have a mouth anymore. But Arceus seems to understand my intent and nodded. all that did was shake my little wisp of a soul and vibrate a little...my little soul vibrated. What the hell?

"Boy it is"

I guess that's that..a mote of light turned into a little boy's body...Ohhh! so that's what it's for. Is that for me? I could have become a girl huh? or both?!

 

A body was created by Arceus. The human body is made of particles and light. It was a young boy, very young, Perhaps around four or five years old..I bet it's a six.

"It is well that thou art here, I am Arceus. I wish to know thine appearance"

I couldn't remember much about how I looked like..scruffy?  When was the last time I saw myself in a mirror? , I remembered a boy..someone called "Carl" The boy before me warped and changed into that little boy. and soon my light was sucked into that body, and I began to open my eyes, It made me realize that the boy I was looking at seems awfully familiar, was that actually me from before. A little bit of both. A mixture of my young childish face of someone I can't seem to remember with my own looks when I was younger. If only I could look like handsome or maybe I was?

. I knew the aunt next door always called the triplets the cutest boys in the block. Huh..which triplets is that? Can't seem to remember oh well. Must be the fog.

Black Hair blue eyes, short but innocent. That's how my boy face looked from the outside with a tad bit on the feminine side too, why am I thinking it this way? Do I actually like femboys in my past life?

Perhaps a part of me wanna be a cute little boi and be pampered by a mommy..*ahem* highly inappropriate, I'm already dead...And if I did have a mom she's probably is married to my dad.. did I even had a dad? Or a mom? Can't remember! Curse this soul! You're eroding my former human memories!

ahh..even till death I think I might have a mommy complex. That's for growing up without any care and love...boohoo, I have no parents, and insert the sob stories. Now that part I remember...sorta. So I really didn't have parents? This sucks.

 Whatever! The fact is, my current body is really cute. Everybody in the block likes him. even If I do act like  a little shit! even if all he does is cry and ask for stuff! Wait..what am I saying?

Maybe....I'm not sure. Let's just go with this look. This isn't plagiarising, isn't it? Past me, you're dead so Lend me your cuteness! And I'm sorry if I ever suck in my lifetime and only wants to make Pokémon fangames and slack of at my real job as a game Dev for a really big game company! The stress was not worth it!

Arceus receive the image I sent and seems to nod sagely as motes of light began to float around him.

I will send you to a world inhabited by wondrous creatures known as Pokemon, You are an Enigma in this world. Seek out the Child of the Royal Samurai and decide for yourself throughout your own journey. thou shall learn train and grow stronger.

Over there you will be given several task in order to ensure your survival and the world around us. It is no coincidence that I choose you as my champion , We shall meet again once your first trial begins"

I nodded but I had to ask, a slip of the tongue and trying to talk is difficult, the voice coming out was hoarse and unrefined garbled up in some sort of language that is close to English.

" Why -was- I- cho-sen?"

Arceus moved and his golden aura shine through, which took a lot of my courage and fortitude as well, this body is new, and it is very weak, not to mention I'm not used to the child-like structure, being reduced to this size, some strength couldn't be mustered and even forming words in my mouth took great effort. The body is still assimilating with my soul.

" Your Empathy, knowledge and skills in your past life will be an asset and boon for the coming challenges, Perhaps you will be able to fix the distortion in fate in the far future, but before that? the trial.

What sort of trial? So many questions I would like to ask, but it seems nothing came out of my mouth. I couldn't do it. I wanted to ask another question but words couldn't even form.

"Fixing the Cartridge fixes the distortion of that child's heart. That is why you were chosen, and many more fixes like those shall come, it is what I expected of you, ponder not for now. Eventually, you will understand "

Oh? does he mean one of those nephew that I can't seem to remember ? But it's just fixing his pokemon? I only did what I could.

" Prepare yourself, I will send you to the one suited to your affinity. I will send you to one who still prays to me, one of the very few who does unfortunately"

 

"she will help aid and guide you in your upbringing. A child you are right now, but you will grow, and you will eventually go on that journey"

Farewell"

A bright light enveloped me and suddenly an egg came beside me

" A gift, Your Amulet will help you in your quest in this brand new world"

the egg then disappeared and transformed into a necklace as it wrap around my neck, a necklace with the emblem of an egg.

The next thing I noticed I was falling from the sky from a distortion in space and time, and crashing into a river but before I could splash down, A golden light encircle me and drop me slowly down to the nearby land, over there a woman stood by wearing a Blue garb with a samurai sword on her hilt. Her imposing look struck a nerve as I stood before her towering above me. 

I noticed that I'm just five or six years old right now. Wasn't exactly that intimidating as a kid? Some memories started to flood back now that I have a body and I could remember things. This place? this isn't in any Pokemon games or series I'm familiar with. The closest I can recall is the latest of the entry called Pokemon Legends: Arceus. But the Child of the Royal Samurai? there wasn't anyone like that in the game.

So this might be another region, I do hope it's something familiar.

Arceus's voice boomed again

" Take care of the child for me, He will be crucial for the things to come, teach him your ways, your culture and tradition, Heir of Origin clan"

The woman bowed towards the sky and nodded to her god.

"It shall be my clan's honor in all of Aisho, The Shimizu clan will honor their duty."

I could only stare at the sky and see Arceus leaving the realm as he disappeared as soon as he appeared. I guess I'm now stuck in this world, like it or not. This isn't what I had in mind when I died, I thought I would go to heaven, Perhaps this is sorta like heaven. A world inhabited by Pokemon can't be too bad, can it? My mind started to churn as I took in as much information as I can.

Aisho- It seems the land before me is called the Aisho region. Not that I could recall, my Pokemon Lore was pretty janky. I know the Sinnoh region was called Hisui in the past. So where is Aisho? At least it's gotta be either Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn.Or perhaps a brand new Alternative Universe? That's a possibility too.

 as I contemplated my predicament regarding this new location that I am not familiar with. I began to recall some of my former memories and could see some resemblance of the Pokemon around.

Ninja's started appearing around me and the woman with the katana started barking out orders

"Secure the Area, Do not alert the Shogun of this, I want this place silenced, anyone nearby this location? Take them back to our village, No one must know about this."

one of the ninjas dressed differently came out of the pack. He seemed to be the leader of this outfit.

" Mai, The other clan won't sit idly by when they come. That was too loud even with all the preparations we had. A god... literally descended...!"

The woman known as Mai simply stood and stared at the trees nearby, 

"Let's leave, their scouts will be here soon, Clear out, and if those who refuse to come back with us to the village? kill them. Leave no trace behind. I do not want the Shoguns' dog to know we have a child blessed by Arceus himself"

My eye stared at her widely. killing? This isn't your average Pokemon world after all. These people are at war or something? This is definitely an alternative universe.

 And they won't hesitate to kill. The woman named Mai picked me up gently and put me within her blossom, being agrown ass man uhh..I mean a five-year-old? my body is pretty small just like a toddler. I haven't said anything yet but her eyes seem to indicate that she's very careful around me. Her eyes were blue, sapphire blue just like... mine? A coincidence? Yeah like that's totally a coincidence. She sure is pretty though. Oh look, I could see a smidgen of blood on her face,

Suddenly my stomach cramps up at the realization that the blood might belonged to someone else.

" Hold on tight little one, soon we shall be at our clans home"

And she flew high and sped through the forest as fast as lightning, I notice that there was a membrane of energy covering my body.

 A bluish aura enveloped her body. This woman knows aura. my eyes spread wide in shock at this revelation, not only that, the other ninja's started to do the same and went through the same thing as they cleared the forest before the woman.

" Clan leader, The Kenshi's sent by the Akui clan is interfering with our operations today, we might need to spill some blood to block them."

Mai simply said this-

"Keep running if they don't notice a single thing. Those Akui clan only want one thing, our Information. Offer them some bait but if our subterfuge is failing, and ONLY if it fails.Kill them. No one must know of what transpired today"

The Ninja summoned a Poliwhirl and went to work as he falls to the backline and head towards another direction, able to keep up with the speed of a Poliwhirl like it was nothing.

 It seems like in this world, people and Pokemon don't seem to differ that much in ability. What a scary world this is. The humans in this world are scary. Does everyone here knows aura? How is that possible?!

And these clan people think I'm the special one?! Arceus must be crazy to send me here. What could I do?! I'm just a hobbyist! A fangame maker! A really subpar Dev at my job who likes to procrastinate all day!These people are superhuman! 

What is wrong with this Pokémon world?!

"Katana of Water! Shimizu Style! Torrential Downpour!"

with a flick of her wrist and a sound of a "click", the blade glowed blue and shot out as Mai used her left hand so swiftly with her right hand holding me in her arms and sliced the sky as suddenly the weather started to change. Clouds started to gather around us and started to rain almost instantly and then heavily. Just like magic. Nothing here makes sense, nothing here conforms to any knowledge I know about Pokemon. Was that a pokemon technique? How is she even doing that?!

Sounds of battle can be heard far far away, but we kept ignoring them and kept running even faster. It seems the rain was done as a distraction and to keep vision poor for the ones chasing. What intrigued me isn't that, what intrigued me was that katana. That was a technique, wasn't it?

Mai Shimizu, the leader of the Shimizu clan just used a Pokemon move with her Katana. How was that possible? Is it even possible? In this world, it seems such a thing is indeed possible. I couldn't take my gaze off her. That was stunning. Perhaps I could do it too? Maybe if I trained under her. What am I even thinking? My modern sense is collapsing.

I could already feel that my current body is quite different from my previous human body. There is an energy moving around me as if I was absorbing the essence and air around me. Quite a strange phenomenon. It's like my skin is breathing and yet it is quite familiar for some reason like I've done this before. A unique phenomena that only exist in this wolrd? Aisho is getting more mysterious...

Soon, we entered a misty Area full and Mai and the rest of the ninjas are running on water.. albeit briefly to cross the river as we headed towards the Ocean. Okay, That was kinda cool. Reminded me of Naruto the anime. A mix and match of Pokémon AU and Naruto...fine. Maybe I can deal with that.

The temperature started to drop, it was getting colder, The area we are in right now is covered in fog and ice. a new location than before and yet, some of the ninja seems to sigh in relief. Mai summoned her pokemon. It was a Milotic. a silver light came bursting forth.

"Miii!"

The Milotic rushed towards the sea and waits for her master as she sat me gently on the Milotic. I got up and sat atop the Pokemon as it shrilled softly. I'm riding a Pokemon right now. Her scale is so soft. Wait, how do I know it's a female? This Milotic is in a weird colour too.

 Looking at me safely sitting atop the Milotic, Mai gave me a satisfied smile and then turned towards her men as she took out a scroll and gave it to one of the Ninjas nearby.

"The operation is successful. Good work everyone. Meet me at the clan fortress in a week, that is all. Dismiss!"

as soon as she said that, they disappeared and vanish into the forest. Before I could even blink they disappear almost instantly. now I really wish I could do that too. I wonder if I'm able to do that soon in the future? This world doesn't seem so scary anymore.

 I could see a town on the far horizon near the City from this vantage point. It seems like that's their village. 

Mai then sat behind me and hold me close to her.

" You seem very calm for a little boy, Do not be afraid, I will not harm you. We are going to see the former head of the clan, My father"

"Mii! Lo!" 

The Milotic shrill in delight as she takes up speed and burst through the waves towards an Island. She's fast...faster than a Gyarados perhaps...oh what do I know how fast a Gyarados could swim? Ugh whatever...

I could see it far away. It seems we are heading there. The temperature began to drop even further. Speaking of Gyarados, 

The island is small, but Ice encapsulates it. a huge mansion can be seen from the outside as it was guarded by multiple Gyarados circling the island like a predator, but as soon as it detects Mai's Milotic the many Gyarados under the sea disperse. 

I could count at least twenty or thirty down there. This clan is pretty strong if they can keep even Gyarados to listen to their orders, I was pretty sure Gyarados isn't the type to listen much as they were famous for being aggressive in most of the lore I've read. But then again, pokefex entry aren't that reliable anyway. Who knows what sort of hierarchy or rule the Pokémon of these lands follow.

With alternative universe? Anything is possible. Perhaps even punchhing a god. I wonder if I could punch Arceus the next time we meet? Just for fun? What am I thinking again....? I need to stop rambling in my own thoughts.

Next thing I notice we have arrived.

As we entered the Pier several guards in Samurai armor came out a man with a mustache was surprised to see us

"Princess Mai? What brings you here? Oh! I shall announce your arrival to the Lord and his wife! I'm sure they will be very happy with your visit!"

"Thank you Hitoshi, Please inform my father. I shall retire with the young charge first. We had a long journey. Please provide us with a room"

I was carried and put on the ground as Mai was holding my hand and we walked towards the courtyard of this huge mansion. She recalled her Milotic back into her Pokeball and I noticed something quite interesting. The Pokeballs she wields are made of wood, and it doesn't enlarge or decrease in size like the Pokeballs in anime and games. 

One more thing I've noticed that deviated from the series. Although perhaps this is what the early days of Pokeball came to be. It was made of wood and perhaps it uses a rather simple design. 

Maybe I could learn how to make one? I always am interested in tinkering with stuff. Call it a hobby, but I'm getting a Pokeball to research it. That's not on my priority list but it's still interesting. Call it a tinkerers interest if you will, I always wondered how poke items work in the real world.

But first...I should keep mum and just observe my surroundings. A mansion in the middle of an island surrounded by ice. it kinda reminded me of the sevii island. I wonder if there's a correlation to the geography of this world with the kanto and johto region?

There's much to ponder about.

As we walk towards the large mansion in the middle of the island I noticed that several pokemon roam freely in the beautiful garden around us. A penguin Pokemon Piplup was seen lurking around together with an Oshawalt. I could also see a Dewgong nearby lazily sunbathing and taking in the rays with a content and happy face. The pokemon here seems happy. 

I wonder why they aren't in their Pokeballs? I also notice that these regional specific Pokémon seems to exist here in this region, further making it rather harder to correlate the true origin of this lands. Perhaps it really have nothing to do with the canon world. Somehow? That kinda makes me quite lonely for some reason, although it just means I should keep an open mind to things, again... atleast the Pokemon here seems happy, that's always a plus in my books. I can't help but smile looking at all of this peacefulness after what I've just seen from before.

Mai noticed that and kept smiling. As I suddenly notice that she's been keeping an eye on me all these time, I should be more thoughtful.

"You will have the time to play with them soon enough, for now, let's rest"

I kept my silence from the beginning of the journey as I stare at her and nodded. Play? Me? Im not a kid...oh wait, I am now. I can't help but blush a tad bit from embarrassment.

Was I shy? far from it. I simply wish to observe as much as I can. Mai didn't seem to fuss over that either as we passed by the many pokemon in the garden and into the Mansion. An observation that I have concluded that all of those that I've seen are all water pokemon. interesting inference no?

As we entered the hall, there are many other people gathered, wearing blue uniforms that bowed down towards Mai, a servant came forward towards Mai. She wore a simple light blue hakama but with a sword on her hilt. It seems she's a warrior here.

"This way Ojousama, the room has been prepared"

My body could feel the stress now as we entered the room and its inviting comfort. It seems like I was truly fatigued and had only now started to relax.

 Electricity wasn't invented in these parts of the world yet perhaps, I haven't seen any modern technology in the room, it is certainly large...too large for my taste, to decadent too in a very Japanese setting. Samurai swords, ninjas and a traditional Japanese mansion. Oh yeah...this feels almost like the Hisuin region.

Or It seems I have been transported into the Meiji Era of the Pokemon equivalent so Hisuin era? Probably close.

 Some tools seem to come from Galar from the furniture makeup but at most, it was still traditionally Japanese just like the Johto, Hoenn, and Kanto regions.

Or perhaps it is a new region entirely. I cannot be sure where we are exactly. But  I was getting sleepier my mind work in overdrive but I'm getting sleepier, it's getting harder to keep my eyes open. This body seems so weak. I could barely move a muscle now.

 Curse this young body. It seems like rest is needed. Mai carries me up towards the bed nearby and tucks me in. It feels weird getting tucked in bed, I couldn't remember when was the last time I had that, Perhaps never. My eyes kept wobbling trying to keep myself from staying awake but my mind is tired.

"Sleep child, I will see you in the morning"

Sleep overtakes me and I was off, drifted into dreams that don't seem to retain any shape, just a blank dream as darkness envelopes me and then, there was nothingness. just rest.

 Mai...hmm....she's nice....

Zzzzz......

..................................................................................

Mai Shimizu POV

I am beset with fear, happiness and dread, for months I have wanted a way out of my predicament, I turned to a legend not known by these lands... Just a hearsay by old maids tales and folklore stories of old, I was desperate. But it was all too real. Lord Lugia Sama appeared before me and offer a solution.the old takes were correct. They could do what I wish for, a way out.

I can't help but stroke this child hair, it's soft. Black hair, blue sapphire eyes just like mine, a soft cute chubby face, adorable beyond measure...and he's here now.

 Arceus really delivered his promise, the one true God, the stories were true, and yet these lands don't worship him, Arceus exist and he's almighty as they come.

there is nothing that could explain what I feel right now, my emotions are a mess for the first time in my life, and I do not regret it. 

A boy, a baby boy...not truly a baby, but a child nonetheless. A child that I always wanted.

Arceus, the ruler and god of all domain, creator of all Pokémon that created the first three deity of creation responded to my prayers.

I wished desperately for a child, a child of my own, one with the blessing of origin of water, at last he came to me delivered upon a prayer in the temple of Alph. 

It came, a voice ushered me towards the northern west area at the precipice of Aisho border almost at the enemy's territory, much planning was made under many subterfuge and inner dealing. 

How could I tell the world? It would sound so crazy. Even as the patriarch of Shimizu clan as my father abdicate the throne and chooses me instead of my own brother, wouldn't it be foolish to tell them that I will have a child born from god? And he shall came by the sea because our God told me to?

No, a plan was set in motion since that day, a plan that would involve all three major clan and the entirety of or enemies in the Honshu region...

But it was worth it.

I have a son now. It's all I ever want. A human person who will love me back unconditionally, I will not mess this up. I will not make the same mistake my mother did.

He will be my everything, and more.

 

,.........................

The Next morning-

??? POV

I woke up without the sound of the alarm clock that I was used to, I thought that I needed to go to work but then realize I  wasn't in my old world again, Instead, I was in a world where Pokemon exist, but instead of the main timeline of the Pokemon world, I was in the Bushido era of this world. Region? Aisho. Where is Aisho? I'm clueless. If it's possible, I would like to read their books if there are any books at all, scrolls, books, or parchment. Whatever library existed in this land. I want to know more about this world to survive.

But, then I forget that currently I am only five years old..or four. I'm not sure how old I am. My body sure is tiny like a toddler, around 100 cm or so. I got up from the bed. And noticed my surroundings. This doesn't look like a traditional bed. I'm not sleeping on a futon, it's an actual Bed.

As soon as he walked out there were maids..or at least I think they were maids. One of the girls saw me come out of the door and smile brightly as the others simply bow down in a submissive pose, I couldn't understand why I was having this grand reception and wondered how influential this Mai Shimizu is. I'm also wondering what my role is in all of this.

" Hello, young master! My name is Aina, and I will be your personal Kenin!"

I couldn't help but stared blankly at the girl and her cohorts and can't help but asked.

"What is a Kenin?"

Aina could only giggle as she saw how innocent I was when asking that, in my rather soft and cutesy voice, somehow I'm more annoyed at how squeaky my voice is. Is this permanent? I hoped not.

" A Kenin is your servant young master, Princess Mai has asked me to personally take care of you, let's go now! You need a bath before heading for your breakfast"

I was then carried off swiftly by her arms as she carry me lightly, She's strong. Actually? everyone here seems very strong. My eyes could detect a hint of Aura enveloping these people. The woman named Aina was pretty. Long black hair, and brown eyes.  sharp eyebrows and a chirpy outlook on life as she kept smiling and humming some sort of song.

We then entered a bath house. It was large.

I haven't been to a Japanese Bathhouse before, so this is a first for me. The woman then tore off my clothes almost immediately, I could only look at her wide eye in shock. Right now I'm naked, gloriously naked. and being bathed by several girls around me. Could I blush? yes.

But somehow nothing came to mind as I blank out. and stare at the steam due to the culture shock. The girls swiftly bathe me and giggle while they talk about the weather and cakes being sold in the city. That got me curious. There's a city nearby on this island huh? I wonder if I could find something familiar nearby. Cakes? Not really interested in it. Not really a sweet tooth so no comment.

Note to self. Try to bathe on your own in the future.

Soon, I was dressed nicely in a royal blue kimono with the Shimizu clan emblem behind it. There are gold trimmings, it seems to be custom made for me as the size fitted nicely. I look like a traditional Japanese brat now, Since my hair is also black but my eyes are blue.

"All done young master! let me carry you towards the dining hall, the master is waiting!"

I was then carried away towards a hall, we passed by many people working on chores in the mansion as Aina carried me in her arms. I wondered how I weighed now. I hope I wasn't too heavy. It took her a few minutes to get to where we are. The mansion is pretty huge after all. Lots of corners and hallways. I couldn't remember it all at once. It seems like a palace rather than a mansion due to the sheer size of the compound.

Mai was sitting in a large hall and sat on a tatami waiting for breakfast to be served. Opposite her was an older man. Both saw me enter as I trailed into the room Aina gestured me to move inside the room behind the shoji- one of those Japanese sliding doors. I entered the room as Mai motioned for me to sit beside her. I complied of course and sat beside her as she smiled happily at me.

The Older man kept his hawkish eyes towards me, never leaving his sight as he tries to analyze me from head to toe. He finally stroked his long blue beard and asked

" So this is the child? Doesn't seem very impressive. What is your name child?"

I could only stare back at the old man and shakes my head. The old man looked at me with a strange look and said

"Do you not have a name?"

Again I shake my head. as Mai looked at me worriedly and started to pat my head. Is it that strange to not have a name? I mean...I could just invent one since I can't remember my own. The old man stared back at Mai with a look of understanding and said-

"The boy doesn't even have a name, where did he come from? If what you said to me was true then, why don't you name him?"

Mai nodded and said

" Alright father, I have a name in mind. I would like to name him Kyo as in, Kyogure Shimizu."

the old man nodded understandingly and look at the boy with an impish grin

"Kyogre huh? The legendary Sea Deity told by the clan of Little Root in Kyushu Isle across the sea?  Let us hope we can nurture you to that status then grandson. It's an honor to meet you, child. My name is Goro Shimizu of the Shimizu clan, this is Mai Shimizu my daughter, and your foster mother now."

I'm their grandson now? and a new Mom as well? what's up with this development?

The old man then looked toward Mai with a serious outlook and said

"You name a grandson of mine after a God from a different land. The connotation wont go unnotice when the other clan finds out"

Mai simply bow and smile " It will be my responsibility. I shall silence anyone and everyone who dares voices their opinion"

Mom can be scary. A little yandere mode perhaps? oh dear lord I hope not. Hey Arceus my most favourite Space god Ilama. Is this really the right family for me to be adopted really? not complaining, okay maybe just complaining a little. I hope everything goes well.

"He's your responsibility now. Take care of your son Mai, We should start with his education as soon as possible. If what you just told me was the truth, no one must know of his true origin, this will...tarnish your name as the new clan leader of Shimizu daughter, I wish you weren't so reckless in your decision!"

Mai could only frown as she heard her father reprimanded her harsh decision.

" I will not follow the whims of our Shogun just because he's royalty, an arrange marriage with our regional enemies is out of the question!"

The old man just grunted and say "Even so, people will start to ask question like who is the father?"

I could only stare blankly at the both of them, got no clue what is happening. Some sort of political alternative clan stuff? Arrange marriage? the plot thickens.

Goro seems to be amuse as he look at me roughly with a confusing look.

"The boy doesn't seem to like talking. I wondered if he was mute if I haven't heard him talking to the Kenin earlier today, perhaps try to work on that first"

I could only frown as the old man said that I was mute. Perhaps it's better If I said something now, better to fix this misunderstanding now. I open my mount and said these words to them to declare that I could talk. I wonder why Arceus made such a young body for me. I cough a bit and then try to clear my throat as I try to say something for the first time in this World, the voice came out was rather pristine and clear, a bit high in pitch due to my adolescent age I suppose, 

Being in a kid's body is kinda awkward

" I want to learn more about this world, Is there a library?"

The old man could only look back at me with his eyes startled by the boy suddenly speaking

" I take that back, He's just a quiet boy. Tell me Kyo, do you know how to read?"

I pondered for a moment and said

" I am not sure"

"What do you know about this world?"

There are a lot of things I know about this world, but the information mostly came from games and animation. Not like it's a huge matter to me but, I don't really trust that information when there are clear differences between this world and the world I know, any preconceived notion regarding Pokemon is probably just barebones until I see this world for myself. I can only give them a brief description of what I know at the barest minimum, perhaps I could even tell them my mission in this world, and maybe they could help me with that.

"That this world has Pokemon and I'm here to ensure that the...the..."

Confusion came as I tried to say the words but nothing would come out. I tried to say I was here to ensure the Child of Royal Samurai but the words seems to be sealed as a golden light enveloped me and this surprised the old man and even Mai as well. It seems like Arceus put a mental block on my mind from saying it. I wonder what's so special about this Child of Royal Samurai has to do in this timeline or universe.

"It seems I couldn't say it"

The old man turned serious and grumbled as he folded his arms in annoyance.

" A Seal, just like the tales of old, perhaps we shouldn't push too hard, god and their fate and games...I wish you wouldn't do this Mai, this is reckless. Perhaps the god has taken the boy away from his own family. Have you ever thought of that before?"

The old man then grunted and shrug in annoyance, he knew what the golden light represented. It has that same hue as the Royal Samurai when he's on a royal edict. A quest that is ordained by the heavens. To think that this little boy here has that same quest edict makes him contemplate in silence for a while as he began to think about how he should proceed.

"I...have thought about it, Lugia-sama assure me that this boy doesn't have a family before this. He is truly a newborn"

Mai didn't interrupt her father's train of thought and kept patting my head as if she were reassuring me. It was rather comforting, having a mother like her, this wasn't so bad? I think I could get used to this. The old man then look clearly at me and said.

"Get him a tutor before we sent him to training with the rest of the younger generation no wait, better yet we send him to the lesser clan lords to train him as your heir, 

Mai gave his own father a confuse look " You mean asking the help of the lesser nobility? I suppose we could leverage that"

The old man just nodded in approval as he continues 

"As for you Mai, you will teach him about, our clan rules, and our clan's history and goals and our ways of fighting he's a little too young but he's a Shimizu now..comes with the burden I suppose. "

The old man can't help but grumble and complaining with indignation as to what my presence in this world entails.

Mai simply nodded " I shall do as we Shimizu would"

The old man gave me a quick look and stare at my expressionless face

"It seems like there are many things the boy doesn't seem to understand, as for everything else, let's hope the tutors can teach him some common sense, maybe fixing his personality or something, he has none!"

 Both Mai and I seems to frown together and the old man just raise an eyebrow at us 

" No wait...he does act like you. Oh dear god...Arceus, what have you done...there two of them now..!"

Soon, many of the servants came by with food on their trays.

"It will be a long day, We should eat" The old man seems rather annoyed with all of this and I can't understand why he needs to feel that way.

Mai nodded and said

"Yes Father, let's eat, you too Kyo, you will need the strength to keep up with your training"

I stil gave off that blank stare but internally I was shock and perhaps a little bit anxious,

Training? What training? I wasn't aware there was a need for a kid to train now that I am in a kid's body. Apparently, I might not be too expressionless because the old man seems to notice the sweat bubbles around me,

 Seeing my confused face distraught, the Patriarch of the Shimizu clan Goro Shimizu could only smile deviously as he said

" Training my boy, Arceus-sama want us to prepare you, and prepare you we shall. Training starts immediately after breakfast."

Mai looked at me with a blank face, albeit too serious as if the training I am about to partake in will be something quite grueling.  And I was right. 

Hindsight tells me that the training in this world will be quite different than what I'm used to in my old world considering the technique I've seen yesterday, a sword that could split the sky and summon rain. Running on water, teleportation at the blink of an eye? 

 I could already feel the mysticism of this world reeling into my stomach as it lurch from the potential hardship I will be facing later on.

With an equally blank look to not show them how nervous I am, What else could I say but agree with them? Somehow deep down my pride wouldn't let me give up now.

" Okay"

I quietly took my meal and eat whatever is on the plate, some meat some vegetables, and traditional miso. Surprisingly normal. I wonder if this fish comes from some Pokemon meat? Something tells me I might barf them out later out if I find out this was magicarp meat or something,but it doesn't matter. 

Nervous as I was, I will never show it. Not out of pride or anything petty like that, but because I couldn't bother with it, whatever happens, later on, is not something I can control. Okay maybe it's pride. Definitely pride. I'm totally a legit Young Master now just like in those cringe wuxia Chinese comics. Young master creed number one! A young master shall always show disdain or indifference! or something like that..the memory is recovering slowly.

Perhaps, part of me hoped that training won't be too bad...Being a young master in a rich Clan cant be so bad right?

At least I get to eat fish and sushi. Hope it isn't Magicarp

.........................................

Mai stepped out into the hallway and walked toward the stairs to get ready for the upcoming training. 

Halfway down, she saw a woman with long purple hair tied in a ponytail. She was wearing a white kimono that covered her front area and tightly hugged her generously endowed breasts with the clan emblem behind.

The Shimizu clan emblem is broadly displayed for everyone to see

It was sprawled in stylized lettering on the back area of the kimono. The woman walked into the hallway and noticed her daughter standing on the stairs. Immediately after noticing her, her brows wrinkled, and her black eyes narrowed while staring at him with laser focus.

“ Did something happen yesterday?”

Mai's brows furrowed. She didn't want to talk about it with her mother, knowing her she would just reprimand her and forbid her even if she already inherited the clan leader title. 

Then, she looked down and realized what the woman was talking about. There were numerous frays, tears, and holes in her uniform, she didn't think she looked this frayed with everything ongoing. With a sigh, she shook her head and avoided the question by saying, she forgot to even change her clothes, and yet her father didn't say anything? 

Mai could only frown in annoyance and said...

“ Clan business, I was lost in the woods for a bit, but I’m fine.”

The woman’s eyes widened, but then she quickly calmed down. A breath of relief escaped her lips. Then, her eyes narrowed again in a way that likely would have terrified her previous self, but she could only think of the woman’s stern expression as cute since she looked a few years younger than his past self.

" Daughter, tell me the real reason please."

Briefly looking away while recalling what she did, Perhaps it's wise to just tell her the truth

" I brought back a boy home. He's special"

Frowning, the woman questioned, “You brought a boy back? Oh my..."

Mai frowned.  She could have worded it better seeing her mother eyes her strangely, and a small little smile appears on her lips. Mai was already twenty years old but she isn't married yet. Most of her classmates and clan members have already married and had kids, but she didn't have the time for romance or building a family, 

She rather grows her clan under her father's tutelage and make her land prosper without any of the shogun's help and interference, she wanted her people to be independent. 

Thought that her mother might have misinterpreted that as bringing back a husband and had a child instead, isn't this what just everyone will eventually think?

“No, I brought a young boy back, clans business, nothing else matters."

The woman stared at her for a few moments, but then sighed tiredly and stood. She then gave her a questionable look but simply smirked. The old lady's smirk was nasty. It reminds people of one of those old crafty foxes trying to scam you out of discount. Scheming is always behind that charming smirk and smile. The in-between that one usually reads between the lines.

"So you didn't bring back a husband, but instead a mere child? "

That was the intention.

"Yes, I intend to"

"Did you kidnap him?"

Mai frowned again at that accusation. Why would she even need to kidnap a kid?

"No Mother, He was entrusted to me by Arceus-sama, not that you will ever believe it. This boy will ensure our clan's prosperity in years to come, I am busy, One of the tasks is to train the boy, I will need to prepare for it"

Her mother could only frown at her daughter's dismissal

"Is he my grandchild? I would like to meet him, daughter, you don't have to lie about Arceus sama, one might even say is blasphemy...If the kid is truly my grandchild then-"

Mai could only frown and said, " It's complicated, and really it's none of your business Mother, he's my responsibility, you will have no part In this."

The woman simply looked at her own daughter in shock but recovered her regality.

"Mai, While I came from the Akui clan, I am still Shimizu."

Mai could feel a vein popped as her anger rise, clearly she seems to forget what she had done. 

"And yet, you arrange my marriage with the Nensho clan? Sold our business to them? Gave important clan secrets to their spies and tried to unsurp my rule for my brother and For what? For a measly way that you will somehow feel more important with the shoguns people? What about our people? Many people suffered because of your actions! "

Mai looked back at her mother and could only nudge her brow in annoyance, Her mother did go against her wishes back when she was fighting for the Clan leadership against her brother.

 Despite being far more talented and far more capable, Her mother was stuck in tradition, a tradition that would only allow Male heirs to inherit the Clan's leadership. Although her heart is in the right place, there are some biases in her ways which are more political and rely on subterfuge.

Not to mention that her mother doesn't seem to understand that they might be at war. And the shoguns doesn't necessarily put the people of Aisho interest at heart, not when the Nensho clan seems to dictate every policy the Shogun made together with that accursed Royal Samurai.

Her mother falters and could form a sentence...

"That is part of negotiations and politics, You can always refuse daughter, I have always given you a choice."

Mai shrugs in annoyance and walk away without looking back. 

"  I will not repeat myself, Mother. You made your move, I've made mine."

Mai kept walking away and heading toward her room. her mother could only frown as she stood there on the staircase in regret, some things took time to mend, and something like this won't mend easily. 

Her mother stood in the hallway and walked away as well before saying " I will meet with my grandchild, Even if you try to stop me"

More meaningless threats. She did not need this. Her mother and her archaic way of thinking,

An Archaic way to rule, something her father didn't seem to agree with. But Aisho is steep in tradition. going against tradition is simply not the way the people regard its lifestyle and politics. Those Honshunians are far more honest in their endeavours for progress rather than the ritualistic and traditional Aishonians.

It is why Mai looked up at his father.

She respected him when he decided to break the clan's tradition and appoint her as the Clan Leader. While it does go against tradition, and many clan members left back then, It was all due to my mother's faction that a rift even happened within the clan, trying to split the politics between two wings, two ideologies. One that supports my father's far more Progressive move while still maintaining the current traditionalist insular culture, And the Cooperation movement that prefers opening up Aishonian to more foreigners for progress and cooperation with another region. Both have their pros and cons.

 While the civil war didn't happen with the Honshunians, it could have done so if it weren't for the Royal Samurai's intervention. Politics, she hated it. And now the clan owes the Shogun for this help. This setback her clans influence a lot compared to the other two main clans. Perhaps even on par with the Komorei clan. 

 As soon as she saw the bed she plopped down and lie down for a while. Rolling around even when she was frustrated with her mother. Part of the reason she doesn't want to go back home if there isn't any clan business, she wouldn't want to meet her mother. That woman never gave her any thought and only gave all of her love to her brother.

It infuriates her that she's so bias. It's part of the reason why she didn't want to get married and only want a child of her own. And she got it. She calmed down immediately, everything was right again. She has Kyo with her now. 

She then got up and reached for her katana nearby. and a smaller sword, a wakizashi for the young boy.

She quickly fastened her outfit to her training garb and walk out of her room to prepare for his training. Some thoughts came to mind when it comes to the boy. He seemed so...innocent, almost docile to a fault.

She wondered if the boy would be happy coming here to Aisho. She wondered why Arceus-sama send the boy to her. Is she cut out to be a guardian? She hopes that she will do a better job than her mother. She wonders if she could nurture him as Arceus-sama entrusted them to, and many worries came to her mind, Not only does she have to be mindful of clan matters, but also the upbringing of the boy herself.

She is 24 years old this year, but to many, being 24 and not married is frowned upon in Aisho. 

Being clan Leader is only a smokescreen she can hold for so long. Perhaps adopting a child would help she thought, and Arceus-sama answered her prayers.

A boy came to her in a dream, a prophecy that said to bring prosperity and wealth to the Shimizu clan. A blessing in disguise. Perhaps part of her felt guilty for waiting and wanting a little child to save her like this.

But there was also a prophecy, her world will end at the whims of the Samurai Child if the corrupted one gets a hold of him. To ensure the clan's survival, she bargains with her life, and trades with the god in service for him so that their clan might live. There is also a prophecy that stated that the child of Samurai will bring prosperity and liberate the darkness in our lands. Two side of the same coin, which one is true? 

We do not know. Hence why the nation is at odds too, those who stand with the Shogun and the samurai, and those who appose him. 

Either way, the land might be doomed, but with this, their clan might survive the incoming trials, she had hoped that the rest would believe her but such mentions are frowned upon. Such mention is blasphemy. One simply does not talk about god's fate and design. It is simply their way. 

Even so, she's grateful to see that the child is real. A beautiful boy, Dark black hair and Blue eyes, just like the Shimizu clan blood.

 Eyes as ethereal as the sea and sky. A signature color of the Shimizu clan Sapphire blue, With this, no one will ever doubt that he is her son with an almost likeness to her features as well.

One cannot hope to understand how fate works, and yet it does.

Mai Shimizu walk forward with her head held high once more. She will teach this kid the true honor of a warrior, instill in him the way of the Bushido and impart him the knowledge needed to survive with the Ideology of the Shimizu clan. Perhaps her guilt will lessen in time, guilt for having a little happiness from a miracle.

And...

She will protect him from everything that will try to harm him. 

This she solemnly swears. Even at the cost of her life.

 

 

1