Chapter 4 – Dear Diary Part 1 – Musings of a transmigrator.
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dear diary.

Getting a book is hard. Getting a blank book for a diary? Eh, let’s just say I had to jump through many hoops to even get one of these babies. Ancient lands like these don’t take to kindly to papers unless you’re in the upper hierarchy of the government. Me? I’m a rich grandson of the Admiral of these lands. 

Kyo pondered for a moment as he let down his brush and ink made from a traditional ink stone called Kogatsu. These things here cost a fortune. Kyo practically had to beg Mai to lend him one since she didn’t think he could write properly until he showed her the manuscript of his tinkered Pokeball. Thankfully, she didn’t think too much and just decided to entertain me and let one of her Greninja’s fetch it for me,

. Let’s come to that matter later. Kyo wet the Ponyta brush with ink and begin to write again-

I will start a journal of sorts, just to put in my thoughts on this world on a weekly basis or monthly, depending on my mood perhaps, haven’t really thought about it, what to pen down?

My own thoughts on my current journey, maybe?. As I observe the world around me lately, I find myself in a predicament being in a world with Pokemon and yet, unlike the Pokemon world, I’m familiar with, it’s very unfamiliar to me.

In any case, I have obtained one from my grandfather. Didn’t think he’s a reader of sorts, I didn’t even know that he writes stuff, an author of sorts. He bragged about the novels he wrote and some scrolls regarding Pokémon biology and habitat research material. Never knew grandpa was a scholar too, could have fooled everyone with all that muscle. Move along Escanor, The Pride of the Lion’s sin got a new contender for big buff man with big giant Powerset.

You should have listen to some of the tales. One of the sailors claimed that he could part the waves with a hundred Gyarados and collapse into the sea with his bare hands. The validity of this hearsay is perhaps exaggerated. But seeing what he could do with that Ursaring? perhaps there might be a smidgen of truth to that claim.

The one I call Goro Shimizu. He’s a cool dude. A wise old dude with a no-nonsense attitude, He tends to spoil me with anything from offering me candy and umm let me pet his Ursaring?, even with training, and often butt heads with her daughter Mai much to her chagrin and admonishment. His body is really buff, really crazy in the head too.

Yesterday, I saw him brawl with a Gyarados at sea using his bare hands. What a chad of a grandpa. A scholar and a Chad...what’s not to like? Suddenly, what that sailor said in passing rumor doesn’t seem too far off from the rumor mill. He could do it. The possibility that a man, someone with an Admiral of stature in these lands, could command a hundred Gyarados and collapsed the sea with his bare hands.

A frightening thought.

As for my Mother? She’s cold, icy, strong, and very serious. Sometimes she has her faltering moments and seeks out companionship with me. I think she’s just lonely. What do I know about relationship? I was just a game dev that live through his mid thirties. I haven’t even gotten married, let alone have kids.

I do not envy her one bit. The thought of wanting to have kids? Totally cannot relate. I do find my previous world nephew quite cute but that wouldn’t inspire me to pray to a sentient living god like Lugia and demanded “Hey lugia- gimme babies plssss hue hue hue” No no..that came out wrong. I’ll just leave this here. Not gonna bother erasing this.

What else do I know about my mother in this world? oh yes. Him.

She doesn’t seem to have many friends other than Uncle Beni. I never seen or hear her bring up any mention of Friends let alone any love interest.

She often cares and worries for me, perhaps a little too much. She is overprotective of me, and yet when it comes to training? Ruthless, without any measure, nor does she entertain the thought of holding back. I’m still trying to figure her out right now.

A complicated woman with many secrets. Complicated as in...her biases and my prior biases tend to clash due to our perspective and perhaps my unorthodox way of thinking in this world and how I view pokemon objectively.

I feel like she is trying too much, trying to withhold things too much. Overthinks too much on matters, even the mundane. In a sense, she perhaps is quite similar to the former me. I felt the same struggles I used to contend with back in my old world before my death,

Here’s hoping that Mother will open up more. Perhaps there is something I can do for her? She certainly isn’t comfortable when I’m playing with Totodile but has since relented when there isn’t any danger coming from the little guy. Id like to believe in the potential that all Pokemon aren’t evil just like the original as intended. Misunderstood perhaps, but not evil. Only time could tell if what I believe would be turned out right in this world.

Little steps in the right direction, I really like the Totodile line, could be a good starter for me too.Something I hope the little one would accept soon enough. What else do I need to talk about? Oh, right...the region?

The lands are raw, untapped, and still steep in taboo with legends and myths. Much of the things I know will probably help me, but will also hinder me as I find out day by day that certain things just do not exist in the canon timeline.

Aura speaks? Totally doesn’t exist here. Speaking to Pokémon like you’re some zubatcrazy nutcase. Hey....I did a poke joke, hehe. Batshitcrazy...get it? Whatever. Perhaps it will happen in the future. Who knows?bondspeak will certainly be interesting if I manage to do so.

But so far, none of the other aura users seem to be able to speak to their Pokémon. I wonder if it’s the same with mother?

Moving on, I have a theory...a Pokémon theory.

I have a theory about where I am, I think, after much reading from scrolls books and many observations done, since I’ve stayed here for the past three months. I have concluded that this is indeed the Kanto and the Johto region. Probably? Could be wrong or right either way.

One can only need to observe the kind of culture and people around. I have found familiar people living here with certain characters in the future, and if I’m wrong. Perhaps Hoenn and Sinnoh too. I saw my foster mother interact with a person that appeared in Pokemon Legends Arceus by the name of Beni. Cool guy, nothing like the dude in the game. But we haven’t exactly talked face to face yet. Just your usual pleasantries. That’s..not important right now. Am I in Kanto? Johto?

Let’s observe the evidence. Each region we know is based in Japan. The Kanto region is...based on Kanto or perhaps its older name, a particular name came up within conversation sometimes, Honshu. the neighbor of Kanto is Johto, so Johto’s location will probably be Aisho. and Hoen? Didn’t Kanto was conquered by Hoen in the past? The isle of Honshu in Japan is based of Kanto. One could only speculate.

 I still haven’t deduced where Hoenn is, but there are mentions of Kyushu isle too, similar to the name of Kyushu Island in Japan. So...uhh? One can only speculate....again. this is all too confusing.

But If I am here in the Johto region. What Island is the isle of Shimizu that exists in the canon timeline? Perhaps a visit to the Kanto southern region would make this theory complete if the region of Kyushu is indeed in the southern part of Kanto.

Sevii island and orange island came up or both. There’s another tidbit that I found among whispers and talks among the common folk.

Why people fear pokemon so much.perhaps it’s nothing much.. but ...

This might explain why people fear Pokemon in the past. They weren’t called Pokemon in this era, to some people, they are called under a different name. A name I can’t particularly recall right now, but that doesn’t matter. Oh right it’s demons, or majuu…majin? Not familiar with the term.

 There are things I needed to find out about this world, foremost concerning the Shogun and the Child of Samurai. And why the change of name? This far back? How does this affect the region and the Pokemon living here? Who is the Shogun? Specifically…why was I sent this far back?

Wouldnt the god Ilama just grace me properly and send me to the canon timeline? This is an odd predicament. Its not like I could speculate what goes within the thoughts of the great and mightty space Ilama. Things to keep pondering upon in the future.

Speaking of the future..

Knowing the future doesn’t mean you know any reference to the past. In fact, my knowledge of the past is quite useless. Humans using Aura with swords? Human-wielding pokemon moves? Humans fighting toe to toe with Pokemons?

The current canon I'm in doesn't show anything like this, so I'm in uncharted territory here. At least, I don't recall seeing any of those in the current medium back on earth. Not even the comics...wait, I never did read any of the comics...it’s the comics, isn’t it? Those damn mangas....dangit.

Where was I? Rambling in my diary.back to Aura...the main thing that’s part of its whole socioeconomic and even the civilization progression is based upon the whole premise that the dominant party could wield aura. And it is heavily regulated. It's not easy to pass on knowledge about aura, as if it were a well-guarded secret, reminiscent of wuxia sects and their clans.

Am I in an alternate world where pseudo aura wield Type Energy like cultivation? Please dear Ilama god, no nope not gonna entertain that thought right now, let’s move on.

Aura is wielded by a Pokemon called Lucario, but that’s all I know, or at least there is more knowledge that I couldn’t recall. The knowledge I knew wasn’t reliable at all. I call myself a big fan of the Pokemon series but in reality, I just like the games and tinkering with mods and stuff. Actually, wielding Aura myself and meeting other people with it? That’s just weird. Aura wielders I know are mostly martial arts practitioners in some fanfic I’ve read and even in this world that logic seems to hold some truth.

. I haven’t met a civilian that studied Aura. It seems that only clan members and nobility are aware of the usage of Aura.

Perhaps I shall take this as an experiment. At least I know that Aura users are able to bond with their Pokemon in some situations and understand them on a personal level.

I knew one more Power that is still untapped that can be researched: The Bond Phenomenon. In practical terms, it could be an alternative form of evolution other than Mega Evolution without a stone. The bond evolution is word studying if something like this can go toe to toe with Mega Evolution. The only downside is..One would get physically hurt and emotionally the same as their bonded Pokemon.

I’ve seen Mai bonded with her Pokemon, the Milotic. It temporarily evolves into a new variant of Milotic. Something I will currently dub the Rainbow Phenomenon temporarily since the Pokemon shines in a rainbow-colored Aura. There are other techniques I have witnessed some of the Survey corps use as well.

Have I ever told you that Mai’s Milotic is A Shiny Pokemon? It’s a rare variant. The names will be subject to change until I could find a proper name since the Milotic is some type of dual type variant. Probably something only found within this region.

Another inquiry that needs more illumination regarding certain devastating pokemon moves the Shimizu clan Pokémon wields,

Not Z-moves. But something they call EX -Moves. None of these are documented in any books or scrolls I have read recently in this mansion. Either this is well guarded kept secret, or there is simply something I am not yet aware of, I only caught sight upon a Poliwrath under the clans Kenshi practice, one of them uses a move that I’m certainly not aware of In the canon world, a ..new technique that incorporates aura as well or at least using some form of TE energy.

These are not the only Skill I have observed. We also have the current skill I am trying to learn- The Shimizu clan technique. It could somehow tap into the Infinity energy of water attributes and use Aura to wield it. I see Mai summon rain from her Katana, Goro could split the sky and create an explosion of water jet from his sword strikes. Everything seems like magic to me. Perhaps it is magic. Who knows?.

I will stop the entry here until further avenues can be an inference from this old world I’m in. There is...much to learn from this place. All of this is mere speculation until I can further study the real structure of this phenomenon. For now, my study will be focused on learning about every tool in this world and mastering the Aura method from the Shimizu clan and its unique technique.

My memories are fully restored since becoming corporeal again in this world. I began to suspect that even now I’m in a series of trials of events. A scripted scenario in this world, no doubt. Call it a hunch .

A trial from Arceus? A trial, he says? If this is just a trial...then what is the real thing? So many things to ponder. I wish there was another me. Since the world has ninjas and samurais, I wonder if there’s a technique like kegebushin no jutsu? a shadow clone would probably help in learning faster. I shall find out soon if such Naruto like techniques exist.

What will a hobbyist like me do in this world? Make Pokemon Cards? Actually..that’s not a bad idea. I did travel around the world and collected many Pokemon Memorabilia, from TCG cards and boosters boxes. The only reason I became a game Dev was to feed my ungodly, unhealthy, insane hobby. Perhaps such hobbies would do the same here? Create a new game based on cards? They already have poker.

I’m getting sidetracked again...focus!

Money is a good motivator after all, not that I needed it right now. Being the little young master of the Shimizu clan. I am too..what’s the word Mai said earlier today? Anyway- it doesn’t bother me. Being treated like a kid doesn’t bother me. Perhaps maybe a little, but I get to play the kid card too. So it goes both ways.

Kyo stopped writing, a thought he had forgotten from his old world.

“Wait..Ex moves and TCG? isn’t that from the TCG cards?”

Kyo pondered for a moment as he remembered the many odd descriptions in those cards. He will try to recall those terms when he can. Looking at the window from his room, It seems like it’s about to rain in the afternoon. He will have to start training soon after lunch. He went back to writing his diary again, time is limited after all. He continues writing.

Momo is cooking my favorite fish for breakfast today. That’s something to look forward to. I did go to the Shimizu Isle village in the far eastern part of the town near the harbor. Izumi Village is quaint and vibrant. They sold some really good street food. I managed to bring Totodile there, a lot of people tend to stay away from him but were very nice to us once they knew I was the Mistress “son”. Perks of having status, I guess. I still couldn’t get that into my head that my foster Mother is some sort of bigshot and I’m a young master of a sect. Hohoho!

As for lunch? She said it would be something special that includes Ramen. I wonder what it is? Can’t wait for lunch then. What else? Oh right, Mai. How do I address the matter of my new Mother?

It’s still too soon for me to call her Mom or Mother comfortably, call it a complex. I didn’t exactly remember how my mother looks since I grew up in the Orphanage. The closest member of my family in the past that took care of me for years is probably Jack. He’s like a big brother to me. And Catherine, she’s like a big older sister. Carl her son is the closest to me, I wonder if they are okay? I hope everything is alright with them. I really do. Dying like that truly sucks.

Me being here, is it really okay?

I’ll get there when the time comes. It’s nice having parents. Perhaps someone to rely on later...But for now? I’ll just do it at my own pace. Even as an adult in mind and mentality, some things can’t be rushed. It won’t feel natural to her and to me.

Besides, she’s young. Perhaps younger than I was when I died. I think she said she was only 20 years old? Perhaps people here married young back in the old days. I know that Momo is only sixteen, and she is already Kazuki’s fiance. Ahh, Kazuki, lucky bastard.

One more thing.Franky? I do not know how to act like a proper young master. I don’t think it’s that important, although it would be a good persona to put on to mask myself in public. Acting like a cold ice human with no emotion seems to work in the short run, but keeping the facade that I have a poker face won’t last.

Masquerading as a kid is harder than I thought it would be, practicing infront of a mirror does help before going to sleep. The things I do to keep up an appearance as Mai’s young son. Acting is certainly not my strong traits. I hope this is enough to fool the masses. From time to time I do slip out of character, hopefully that won’t be an issue later on.

Another issue I need to address is soon in the future. Everything on the island is free for me to take. Part of being the young lord of the clan, my little heart felt sick for it. Not that i could pay any of it, there doesn’t seem to be a currency here on the village. Barter is still widely being used and, well, it’s more like people seem to act on favors and trade of work to get things done.

But the island doesn’t seem to practice trade among other regions, or perhaps I’m just not aware of it right now. Most of the items they owned are based on merit for the clan. Want a house and land? Serve the clan. Want better food? Do the clan missions. Want better equipment? Well..you get the idea. It’s kinda like communism. It seems to work here, anyway. Reminds me of the Sankoku period in Japan. Everything is closed off. No foreigners, except the Port cities.

Surprisingly high amount of foreigners. Also the place Aina said that’s where we are having Ramen at. Now I’m really looking forward to Lunch. Training doesnt seem so evil anymore. What else? oh yes. The location.

It’s a different place, a different way of life compared to how I lived. Can’t say it’s a bad thing. But perhaps some things could be better? At least I haven’t seen anyone begging here. We take care of most of the clan members. And while I say village...the number of people here can be counted by hand.

Including the genin’s and Jonin’s loitering around here. Population-wise, there aren’t that many of the Shimizu clan members here. I heard from Hono the Captain of the Survey team says that the bulk of the clan members is at the Mainland on Aisho. I suspect it is one of the mainline cities in Johto.Perhaps Olivine city?Since it’s closest to the sea. Wonder what sort of ancient name the city holds these days.

Speaking of cities...

Perhaps someday? I would like to visit the Capital. They say they have a bell tower that honored the Bellsprouts. Sacred Pokemon of the Shogun. Kinda odd. They choose a Bellsprout for some reason. I wonder if it’s related to the Bellsprout tower in Johto? Another similarity I’ve noticed since I’ve been here.

What else shall I rant in here? Right. How miserable the training is.

 Training has gotten harder lately. I’ve been doing some rather supernatural stuff. Try learning to use aura and slice a tree with your bare hands sort of training. It makes me wonder why Aura wasn’t used much in the future despite all that technology and advancement like Silph co and Devon company? Technique lost in time due to war? No records ever existed? I highly doubt that is the reason.

 Makes me wonder why there are’’t that many Aura users except pokemon like the Lucario’s line and guys like Aaron strutting aro-

“Young master! Breakfast is ready!”

Kyo, signing out My personal Maid Aina is here to tell me that breakfast is ready. Here’s hoping I will live to see the next entry by next week. or two weeks. I will write it if it’s important. Still more to to rant and write. Perhaps next time I would have several pokemon or three or four?

I cant seem to keep my thoughts to myself these days…

 

............................................

 

Training goes on as usual.

Kyo finished his aura training with Mai and practiced sparring with her in hand-to-hand combat. Mai is a very strict teacher, Far stricter than grandpa Goro as she often pushes him much further than any ordinary five-year-old, the morning was done rather quickly,as I did my daily runs and exercises before sparring lightly using the techniques she taught me.

“Today, back in solo queue, hehehe..I miss playing Pokemon Unite.”

Kyo felt impressed by the growth of his own strength. It was only three months but He could feel his strength getting stronger and stronger.

His strength suffuses itself with the Aura of the land. Today, his mother brought him to the lake of Shimizu. A lone lake in the middle of nowhere inside a cavern of Ice. They came there before dawn rises. Too early for anyone, but Kyo wasn’t feeling sleepy.

There were many Ice type Pokemon lingering around. Some aren’t even native in the usual Johto and Kanto region like the Alolan Ninetails, but most Pokemon here are the usual ones I’ve seen like Dewqong and a Seel and Spheal. Surprisingly, the lake isn’t that cold despite being inside a cavern of Ice. The whole morning was done training within the Cavern. These are the caverns somewhere near Fubuki bay.

Mamoswine roams the lands outside, but they are wild and certainly hostile. It looks like what they say is true. A lot of the wild Pokemon here are hostile towards humans. Kyo could feel it from their gazes. Kyo heard in the anime about how Pokemon used to live with humans in the past. There’s even a famous youtube theory channel that covered it. Eh, One needs to concentrate here. It is hard to control my breathing floating on this frozen lake.

“Regulate your breathing Kyo, relax and calm yourself while you submerge yourself within the lake”

Kyo stood on top of the middle of the lake with Mother as she taught him how to regulate the Aura and submerge himself underneath the lake. There he learns how to hold his breath for a long time, from 5 minutes to 10 minutes, and it gets longer and longer. At the end of this training, Kyo could have submerged himself and not breathing for 30 minutes using the Shimizu underwater dive technique. What fascinates him is how Mai could telepathically talk to him using aura, as her blue eyes shine with power.

Another aspect of the mysterious power of Aura he was not aware of. In this world? One does not simply breathe in water using imaginary energy techniques that allow oxygen in the water to manifest in one’s breath.

Kyo’s former modern sensibilities are certainly collapsing.

“That’s for today’s lesson. Tomorrow we will learn how to manipulate water in the air, but for now, we have an appointment with Master Natto. Bring your friend Totodile with you”

Kyo rises from the Lake and floated up as he saw his own Mother simply walk on the water like its nothing. Perhaps another of the Shimizu clan technique. But that’s not what surprised him. Mai mentioned Totodile.

“Why Totodile?”

Mai stood there silently as she stare at her son still floating on the lake. Mai didn’t think the boy would soak up the technique almost instantly, and since when did he learn how to swim? There’s much mystery to this little boy under her charge. 

She could see that the boy had already bonded with her Aura’s eye. That Totodile’s Aura can be seen even as far from the lake to the river where the little Pokemon lived. Perhaps what Beni said has some merits. There is much they still do not know about these magical creatures.

But one thing that she knows is...That pokemon will perhaps be good for her son.

“Just bring him, ask him if he would become your partner. While still early, I can see that the little one has bonded with you.”

Kyo couldn’t believe what he just heard. He thought her mother would disapprove of this.

“You think I would deny you your first bonded? You are too young, yes. But I want you to know that you are responsible for his upbringing”

Mai folded her arms and look at Kyo indignantly.

“ The little one has potential. I won’t deny that”

Kyo smiled brightly as he swam towards the lake’s edge as fast as he can

“I’ll get him as soon as possible and meet up at the Courtyard!”

Mai could only frown as the boy ran as fast as he could swim, He’s growing far too fast. It’s almost like he’s a Pokemon. 

“hmm”

Mai could only hum that word as she sees the little boy suddenly disappear from the caverns and run towards the exit in an instant, leaving her alone in the caverns. 

She shakes his head and looks towards the bottom of the sea. A humming sound could be heard under the lower depths of the lake as two bright red eyes shine from the bottom a huge burst of water burst out and a giant pokemon came floating before her.

It stood there majestically with its white wings and purple aerodynamic back fins.

Wooong!~

a cry from the Legendary Pokemon Lugia reverberated within the Cave as the many Pokemon in the Icy Cavern starts to disperse and the Pokemon stood eye to eye with the Human woman.

“What do you think of him?”

“Woong-woog”

a light howl of a cry that blast the sky as Aura envelopes the Legendary Pokemon.

Mai finally said something. She wasn’t as flustered as the Pokemon fleeing the scene. A pokemon burst out of her Pokeball. two Pokeball, a bluish Milotic, and a Red Gyarados. The two of them bow down to pay their respects to the sky and water ruler of this domain.

“ The young one has potential. Reminds me of you. I can see why the ancient one sends him here.”

Mai kept silent as she listened to the Great Guardian of Shimizu. Lugia-sama landed quietly on the lake as her powers wane and her aura became much subtler. 

“But the boy is troubled by his past. His mind is...confusing. Please be gentle with him. He knows much, but at the same time, doubts himself.”

Mai gulped and voice her true intentions for bringing him here.

“ thank you for telling me about Arceus sama. The boy wouldn’t have come here if...I...”

Lugia looked towards the distance into the sky and noticed something calling her, interrupting their conversation. Something is up with those three birds.

“The temple summons me. Let’s meet again. Bring the boy again someday.”

Mai nodded and bow down in respect before Lugia dived into the lake and sped through the ground until it was no more. Mai could only take those words by heart and walked out towards the Cave. Perhaps seeing Master Natto will help after all. 

 “Thank you Lugia-sama.Because of you, I have a son now”

later in the afternoon Mai left first with her Gyarados and alerted Momo and Kazuki about today’s trip. 

She will have to head there first to arrange things. Momo and Kazuki will travel with Kyo to the nearby town to visit their master on the clan’s boat. The journey will take an hour to reach, but at least they will arrive at the Harbor of the mainland.

Kyo came by the courtyard with his little friend Totodile as the little Pokemon waddled with his stubby little legs and shoots the water gun move in the air, clearly happy to receive a ton of Pecha berries from Kyo today. The little guy is happy to be allowed to the human compound and even travel to a new place. Totodile had never traveled away from his river, so this will be a new experience for him.

“toto!”

The little guy pulled on Kyo’s sleeves and pointed at the two incoming people. They looked like Momo and Kazuki. Kyo could only smile as he pondered where they were going today. It doesn’t seem like a simple lunch today. Who is this Master Natto person?

Mother seems to want to visit this Illustrious Master as well. As to why we are visiting this person? He doesn’t know.

This Person trained Kazuki and Momo in the art of Culinary, but not just any ordinary Culinary. Aura infused the Culinary with Type energy into food, it is not something anyone can do.

And he is the most famous Ezo Ramen is his creation named after the town of Ezo from where he names the cuisine after their signature staple dish.

 “To help me with my training, Kazuki and Momo will finish their training under the Culinary Master Natto and learn how to make Aura-infused cuisine. At least that is what Momo said to him yesterday. I was told that master Natto and mono belonged to a powerful lesser clan as well, the Hagane clan. “

The boy said to his newfound partner, The Totodile just gave him a side tilt and seems rather confused

“Toto?”

Kyo just sighed and said “Nevermind”

“So this is what Momo meant by treating us Ramen. “ he thought to himself.

We are heading to her master’s Ramen shop today. Kyo could see that Momo was running along with Kazuki the head chef of the Shimizu clan and the both of them could be in contrast to each other like night and day.

“Hey, there young master! Sorry for being so late! I bet you’re hungry already!”

Kazuki walk by forward with a very tired expression, and a rather moody visage. all sorts of growls and growing sounds could be heard from his slight grumbling.

“Hey there young master, It’s been tiring preparing food for the clan members...all 122 of them, the lunch crowd will have a good day today, Mistress Mai has given the go-ahead for us to prepare some really good food”

Momo cheerfully pats Kazuki’s head as he blushes slightly from embarrassment.

“Damn reiaju, just die. couples ugh..” Kyo muttered something “ Hmm? did you say something young master?”

Kyo turned his face away and kept his poker face. He refuse to answer that.

 As he observes the world around him lately, Kyo finds himself in a predicament, being in a world with Pokemon and yet, unlike the Pokemon world, he’s familiar with. Vulpix hop on top of Kazuki’s elbow and gave him a small nudge as well to comfort him.

“cheer up Kazuki-san! Today, we’re going back home to see my dad!”

Kazuki mournfully scorns at that suggestion as he seems quite averse to this master of his. Kyo could only give them a look of surprise as he saw this. Kazuki then sigh and said..

“Master is always good to you Momo, you’re his daughter, after all. Me? I can’t believe you’re his daughter. You didn’t even tell me before. I had to find out that information from the Mistress herself when she invited me today. I thought you were from some unknown lesser clan, not the illustrious Hagane clan”

Momo could only give him a depreciating smile as she cock her head sideways and said,

“But if I told you that, you won’t treat me like you used to-“

Kazuki could only nod in defeat

“Perhaps you’re right. I’ll be too distracted to teach you any sort of cooking and tell you what to do in the kitchen”

“Vul! pix!”

“And you are also from”

“Vul! pix!”

“And you are also from a lesser clan, are you not kauzuki San?” 

Kazuki didn’t say anything and merely nodded.

the little Vulpix jumped on top of Kazuki’s head and sat there happily.

“Yeah you too Vulpix, thank you”

The little fox simply lie down low and started to sleep on Kazuki’s head on top of his Chef Bandana Cap. Kazuki could only smile at the little rascal. He took a shine on the little Vulpix that belonged to Momo, 

Kyo could have guessed she was from some sort of noble family when someone like her owning a Pokemon like that. And a Vulpix is rare since a Vulpix is still being worshiped in some parts of Johto and Kanto. Although he already heard how Kazuki caught it in the wild, so probably not that rare?? But to think he’s surrounded by lesser clan heirs as his cook. What is their origin he wonders?

Kyo used to think that Kazuki knew as well but couldn’t confirm it himself about Momos origin. Then again, Kyo also knew that Kazuki here came from a small clan family as well.

 Almost everyone under them seems to come from a lesser clan take his maid from example. Aina came from the Nijo family and they own a breeding farm near the mainland. They mostly breed Mareeps and other Pokemon as well. But their main business is Cotton and Mareep.

Kazuki here belongs to a similar clan as well. There’s also another clan he belongs to, the mother side of his, one he has kept to himself quite masterfully. 

Kyo wondered if everyone around him is some sort of secret genius heir or some sort of a maid ninja assassin like Aina for example.

Everyone around him is so prolific.

Kyo wondered what made this man suddenly run from the comforts of a family business and start working as a chef. Perhaps he really liked food? Something to do with Aura training, he said... food and aura? An interesting perspective. Lunch is in another place, it seems. Kyo wondered if all this travel will be worth it to just enjoy a bowl of Ramen.

“Come on Young master, The Boatride awaits us near the Pier”

“Totodile!”

The little pokemon rushed first and head towards the boat, startling some sailors when suddenly met with a hyperactive and curious Pokemon-like Totodile and turned pale and started screaming.

“Ahhh! He’s gonna eat me!”

one sailor shouted, but Kyo immediately rushed to the scene and stop the little one from making any trouble and tap the little guy on his head

“Stop scaring the poor sailor”

The sailor could only look at the young master in shock as he just realize that this might be the young master’s Pokemon. Only a six-year-old and he could tame such a scary little one. The sailor kept his mouth shut even though his legs were shaking from fear. Kyo could only frown as he looked at the sailor’s reaction. 

Kazuki and Momo couldn’t smile either as they certainly have a sad look on their face. Vulpix even came to Momo’s arms for comfort. The young sailor didn’t know any better. Some people are clearly still wary of Pokemon after all.

“If you’re coming with me, promise me you need to behave alright? I promise we will get to eat something good later, better than Pecha berries”

“Toto-dile? Dile dile?”

“Yes, really. Definitely tastier than Pecha berry, think Pecha berry soup or better”

“Totototto!’

The little one taps his stubby little feet and dance around happily around Kyo. Kyo could only laugh at this and brought his Partner up. A few moments ago, he asked Totodile if he would like to come with him, train with him and play with him forever. The Little Pokemon pointed at the Pecha berry.

I guess it’s easy when he’s a little glutton like this.. Once I mastered the Aura. It will be much easier to talk to him assuming that this bondspeak is real.

Kyo smile as he looks at the little pokemon chatting with Momo’s Vulpix as they talk together. The boat runs on pokemon energy, as under there is a huge Wailmer underneath pulling the boat when the wind isn’t blowing.

 A Pokemon sailor with his partner Wailmer pulls the boat daily for clan transportation. The more you know.

Kyo could see the water pokemon such as Seel and Dewgong swimming around the boat. He could see his destination from here, but it seems it will be a few miles away till they reach there. 

Kyo noticed that Kazuki had seemed off while checking some notes. Those notes looked old by how yellow and worn down it was. Perhaps something handed to him by someone else?

Kyo walked towards the troubled man as he asked an innocent question, as innocent as any 5-year-old could ask.

“What’s wrong, Kazuki? you look terrible. Seasick?”

Kazuki frowned even worse after the little boy asked that question. If it wasn’t obvious, Kyo could have guessed that perhaps the young man didn’t want to meet his master just yet. Perhaps he had something to prove before he goes back? Kyo couldn’t help but ask another question.

“ It’s okay if you don’t wanna tell me. Mind teaching me about cooking?”

Kazuki’s frown now turned into curiosity as his eyebrows were raised to question why the little young master would want to learn how to cook. Kyo tried to divert the original question away into cooking. Perhaps he will open it later on. The boy just sat beside him on the rocky boat as the waves brought us along towards the mainland.

“ Learning how to prepare food for your Pokemon will ensure my partner will have the best growth and ensure they will be healthy and strong. Learning to prepare the right food will be beneficial to me and my partner”

Kazuki has heard of that word before, diet. His master has said something similar to him that day, but he couldn’t understand what it means. He knew that certain food will be nutritious and certain food will be bad for you when prepared badly, but the same food when prepared differently will also be nutritious as well.

“Whatever gave you that idea?”

Kazuki asked as he shy away from his own insecurities. When a little kid could explain it so much better than he could ever do. The boy looked at the chef innocently, like it was the most natural thing to say.

“ Because good food makes you healthy? And too much of a good thing will give you a stomachache”

“Pfft hahaha!”

Kazuki can’t help but laugh at the answer. Perhaps he was thinking too much. Why fret over something he could not understand? Perhaps seeing his master won’t be so bad after all.

 Kazuki could only smile at the little runt of an heir as he pondered what to say to his master after failing to understand his recipe for a whole year. It will be good to see him again. He felt a weight that he thought he had lifted off.

The boy made him realize that he won’t be failing his master even if he fails, all he could do is try again. Kazuki look at the boy again and then gave him another notebook. This one is much thinner. Only a few pages. it’s mostly just notes tied together by a string with a wooden cover.

“Here are some of the recipes I’ve made for the Shimizu clan Pokemon. A few of them are recipes we at the Shimizu clan Kitchen prepared personally for the Mistress and the Oyabun himself”

Kyo took the notes and ran through them. The name Poke-chow and its various berries, usually Oran berries, are ground into a flour paste. Mixed with a bit of corn or wheat flour, depending on the company. After that, it depends on the species.

 Generic pokémon kibble, which is the cheapest but least recommended sort one can get) adds in vitamins and minerals, but it’s essentially dried, fortified bread was made in the future using this as a base for the recipe.

How does Kyo know about this? Well, he did the whole sidequest for a fan game that introduce this. Didn’t think they were quite spot on about the recipe too. Kyo wondered if all those fangames he played are connected like a multiverse timeline.

Some of these ingredients add to actual foods that are essential to a pokémon’s diet. For example, canine chow will contain chicken or beef, along with carrots, peas, and essential grains for a canine pokémon’s diet. By contrast, water pokemon kibble will contain shrimp, plankton, and a bit of seaweed.

Interesting stuff. It seems that this Kazuki guy is a real genius when it comes to the Pokemon food diet.  Kyo wondered if he could persuade him to create a specific diet for Totodile, now that the little guy decided to become his partner. He hasn’t even named him yet now that he thinks about it.

Kyo gave back the notes to Kazuki and thanked him

“Thanks. Maybe you could help me create a diet around my partner Totodile?”

Totodile heard someone mention him and perk up right away after he tried to climb towards the highest part of the boat and tried to jump off the sails like a game, but was later reprimanded by the sailors and a very angry Vulpix. The little guy just jumps toward the deck like its nothing and scurries forwards towards his little human in excitement.

“Tototototo!”

His little stubby legs pitter patters on the deck as he wades through the slippery floors and went toward Kyo happily and nudges him. Kyo gave him a little head scrub and a few pats on the head as he wonders what his partner would think if he could eat food that will make him stronger every single day. The little guy tilts his head sideways.

“Toto?” as he points towards my Pecha berry bag.

“No, not Pecha berry. Something far healthier and stronger. Maybe even tastier, a little of Oran with some corn and meat, makes you stronger too, much stronger.”

“TO-TO! Dile!”

The little guy jump excitedly as the excited little pokemon nodded several times and jump and dance on the spot. An annoyed Vulpix stared from afar as she kept staring at the little Totodile stealing all her attention from her. Momo could only laugh and calm her little one as she carries her back. 

After a few more minutes of chatting with Kazuki, Kyo could see that they have reached the mainland of the Aisho, Enter Chikyu Village. The closest village across the seas from the Isle of Shimizu. Chikyu Village is lively. 

People were walking about, bartering and working their trade. There are some Pokemon walking around, But too few to count. Not like the island. Many clan flags are hung all over the place. Does it seem that the many clans here seem to congregate and trade with the other regions? Seems like a big harbor after all. There’s even a Galarian ship out here, and even one that looked like those Pirate Barges.

“Heeyy!” 

A young man was surfing on the water as he ran on top of the water. The same technique as what Mai wanted to teach me in the ice cavern earlier today.

“Is he part of the Shimizu clan?”

Kazuki turns towards the man with the katana on his hilt sliding on the water and waves headed towards our boat and seem to jump from the surface of the water like it was solid and landed on the top of the deck of the boat. The man looked young. A teenager, but much younger than Kazuki. Light blue hair and a sparkling smile with a nice white Yukata he’s wearing with the clan emblem on his back and a black sword on his hilt. A Kenshi of the Shimizu clan. That means he either belonged to a small clan under the Shimizu clan or a noble heir serving the Clan.

The politics of this world is still something Kyo is still learning. Formal learning will be done when he reaches seven years old. He still needs a lot of growing to do till then.

“Isui! you’re here you little bastard! Haven’t seen you in a while since the skirmish last year!”

 Kazuki smile broadly as he went to hug the young man but the young man only smiled politely and sidestep sideway when Kazuki went and give him a hug and then proceed to trip him like it was the most natural thing to do since Kazuki seems to expect it and manage to turn his body sideways to stop himself from falling. The young man could only chuckle and smile at Kazuki’s antics and push Kazuki down. He ended up falling away with a rather annoyed look.

“Nice to see you, big brother”

“Bah! you’re no fun! Still a brat I see! Seems like training is going well. Was that the Shimizu water walk? didn’t think you mastered it already”

The young man nodded and then reach out with his aura. Kyo could see the depth of this young man’s power. His Aura is overflowing suddenly. Even Totodile came to hide beside him.

“Hey! stop that! The young master is on board!” 

Kazuki tried to stand in front of me and block most of the Aura’s outbursts. The young man didn’t seem to realize that Kyo was behind Kazuki all this time. After noticing the little boy, he quickly pullback his Aura and kept it at bay. 

Even the little Totodile started to glare at the young man as an act of hostility. The young man seemed really remorseful and regretful for doing that. He really didn’t mean it and bowed to the little boy. 

Kyo could only shake his head and didn’t seem perturbed by the Aura. Kazuki seems to forget that Mai trained him personally, after all. Since he could almost do the same. But he rather keeps that to himself. Play the young 5-year-old as much as he can, he thinks.

“Apologies, young master. I didn’t see you there. It’s been a while since I’ve seen my Elder Brother. I was just showing him the fruits of my training. Forgive me”

Kazuki smiled after hearing that sincere apology.

“Don’t worry about it. The young master is a fine kid! Young master, meet Isui! my younger brother! Also one of the few Kenshi employed under the Shimizu clan. 

Isui smiled and then turn toward his elder brother with a letter 

“Mother asked me to give you this. Oh, she said that you need to come to visit her today or tomorrow, if it’s possible. Arrangements have been made with the Mistress after all. Once everything settles with Master Natto’s training, I mean. The old man is very eager to see you”

Kazuki didn’t seem too happy about receiving the letter. Kyo then saw Momo coming. She took off her head cover, and out came a long red hair flowing from behind. In a scene of pure youth, Kazuki’s heart seems to throb as Kyo looked at him with a flat stare and sighed. Kyo then look towards Isui and his face was red as a tomato as he tried to look away.

Kyo could only shake his head and sigh at this, Young love. How enviable.”

 But isn’t she your brother’s fiance? “Please..no Ntr. I will object to this!"

“Toto? dile toto?”

The young pokemon seemed clueless about all of this.

“It’s okay Totodile, I’m the same as you. Come on, let’s go have some lunch, we're gonna have something called Ramen.”

“To! toto!”

The little guy seems very happy at the mention of lunch. It means tasty food! Totodile loves human food. They seem to taste better than the usual Pecha berry after all. And today, the little human said that he could eat food that will make him stronger than well. Stronger than eating Pecha berries!

The little Totodile dance with his stubby little legs and jumps off the boat as soon as it docks. Kyo walked out of the boat and the sailors wished him well.

“Take care young master!”

The rest of the crew seems to be busy loading items away. Kyo gave a curt little nod and walk away.

 Kazuki, Momo, and Isui were leading the way as Momo carried Kyo in her arms. Sometimes he forgets that he’s just a tiny todletr at the age of six. Being carried by a teenager is normal.

The Totodile and Vulpix followed behind as an entourage was prepared for us. Ordinary citizens seems to notice the crowd and look upon us. Murmurs and gossip started to spread, as Kyo could listen in. 

“I’m surprised that I could even listen in since I’ve learned Aura. A lot of my physical abilities seem to enhance somewhat stronger. From hearing to even sight and physical strength and speed.”

He thought to himself, while Momo wasn’t too happy. It seems that his young charge is unhappy with the things she heard from the crowd. None too happy, since this is her father’s place of business.

This represents her clan’s reputation as well. The intricacies of politics in these lands, subtle gazes and murmurs like cloak and daggers wield in the streets of Aisho in broad daylight.

Murmurs forward from a couple of pedestrian walking past by us.. 

“Isn’t that the young master of the Shimizu clan? Did the young mistress have a son?”

“Shh! keep it down! I wonder who’s the father is ?”

“The Nensho clan leader? No, he doesn’t look anything like him. The little boy is so cute! He has his mother’s eyes. Blue sparkling eyes like the Ocean, deep black hair like the night sky. The Nensho clan are mostly red-headed and contain a dark complexion. The boy is far too fair!”

“I heard that they ride here several months ago with the boy, but it’s only hearsay. The boy seemed to come from the borders of the territory towards the silver mountain. Ya think he might be a wild child?”

Kazuki could listen in too. He had his aura circulating within him, as well as Kyo could detect the force of his energy, albeit with far more control. 

Incredible!

, even his chef has more control that him, Kyo thought. He wonders what sort of training Kazuki did to control his aura that way when he could barely contain the bare minimum of aura before it flare out just as Isui did. He wonders if he could ask for some tips about it. 

“Ignore them, young master. Let’s head towards my master’s place as soon as possible and away from these peasants. They do not know what they speak of”

Kyo looked toward Kazuki but his mind was distracted by his thoughts so he simply nodded flatly without any emotions. Momo was clearly upset as well from all the hush talk behind them as Isui forwarded his men to spread out and they went towards their own business. The civilians then started to panic and disperse.

Isui clearly wasn’t pleased as he almost reached for his blade.

“This is why I hated these settlements. Too many foreigners from our neighbours. There is no respect to local culture and authority.”

Kyo could only frown at that statement. There’s much raw sentiment in these lands that he still doesn’t know about. Perhaps now that he is on the mainland, he would learn more about the land of Aisho. The people and how they interact with each other.

  After all that unpleasantness, we arrive at a rather modest building made of wood. Outside of the building, there is a lone Ramen stand.

The kind of Ramen stands that exist on the sidewalk with huge signs on the Banner of the cloth surrounding the shop - Ichiraku Ramen. The place was packed with long queues as many chefs were making ramen for the public outside of the building in a tavern-like outdoor Izekaya.

 Looking at the long line, Momo could only laugh at the display of the crowd as they all crowded towards the long lines. One customer even tried to block her as they thought she was cutting in line.

“Hey! back of the line! We’re here first!” One of the people who seemed to queue up for a long time got frustrated when we cut the line and enter the building. 

The rest of our group ignore them and when the chefs notice this, they seemed to stop what they were doing and bowed toward Momo and gave a stern glare to the rude customer. One of the chefs nodded at the nearest bodyguard as they pulled the man back and sent him away. The man look rather distraught as he finally understood what he just did. 

Disrespecting the daughter of the Owner. Resign to his fate, he left the line. The others that are still waiting kept their eyes glued on the rest of the entourage as they were welcomed into -

“Welcome back, young mistress!’

“Hey, guys! I’m back to see my father! is he here?”

The rest of the crowd went silent as they heard the young mistress of the Ramen shop was here to visit her father. Momo led the group into the shop. It was filled with VIPs from the surrounding region. Kyo could even notice someone from the Paldea region and the Unova region with those traditional garbs. Kyo could only assume that these foreigners came from elsewhere since their heavy accent gave them away. 

We were led into a large room at the far end of the restaurant where Kyo met a familiar person there. The woman stare at Kyo and stood up from her chair and head towards Momo as she took me in her arms and carried me instead. A slight smile existed, soft and comforting as she bade Momo well done in appreciation.

Momo nodded and gently hand over Kyo back to his mother as she smiled and said,

“He’s such a good young child. A quiet one, isn’t he?”

Momo gave an off remark about Kyo’s personality as Kyo pondered about it. Perhaps he shouldn’t keep to himself and talk more. Being quiet could be interpreted as something negative if he shows too much of it. Kyo didn’t think too much of the remark and look around the room as he was handed back to his mother.

“Thank you for bringing him safely here. Come, let’s eat”

Said Mai as she took Kyo into her arms as they head towards a larger table in the middle of the room where a portly old man. Kyo could see a balm and healthy old man, always smiling and wearing a blue and red kimono made of soft material. There seems to be some gold embroidery and the clan emblem. That clan emblem is smaller than the bigger emblem. Kyo noticed that the bigger emblem belongs to the Shimizu clan, while the smaller ones probably belonged to the allying clan that is under the Shimizu clan umbrella.

The rest of the group took their seats, as the piping hot ramen was already served on the table. I could see that the Ramen on the table was just recently prepared. But Kyo wondered why it could retain so much heat. The bowl seems to be shining with something. There’s an energy coming out from those bowls.

Mai noticed this as she taught Kyo how to use Aura and smiled, clearly very happy with his progress in his aura of training. The old man on the opposite side of the table laughs as he too notices it. Momo sat beside the old man together with Kazuki while Kyo sat together with her Mother.

Each person has their own bowl of ramen prepared.

“Come, come! Eat! Today, I’ve prepared a new recipe according to Mistress Shimizu’s request. We even have a rare ingredient from the United States of Unova. I always wanted to experiment with different ingredients from different regions!”

 The old portly man said as he ushered the rest of us to eat. One can respect someone who absolutely loves his craft. The smell is simply too tantalizing. Kyo could taste the rich taste of the sea, full of Umami as he savored the rich thick flavourful wonders of Ramen from another world. Simply mouth-watering.

Mai sat Kyo down in his chair and raised a napkin properly. She prepared a pair of chopsticks for him. Kyo has practiced a lot since he came here. The people here don’t use forks and spoons. Just chopsticks. He knew how to use one even though he never actually used it before after much practicing. Now Kyo could deftly use his chopsticks properly. The rest of the group has started to dig in. Nobody said anything at all and kept eating. 

Kyo could only look towards his own bowl. While it smells very lovely and appetizing, He kept looking at the ingredients and kept wondering if the meat belonged to a Pokemon, again, Kyo tends to think too much again, The soup is milky, and seems to hint at a savory soup broth.

There are eggs. He imagines that the egg would probably come from a Chansey, some naruto, and even seaweed. So far, the ingredients seem normal until he spotted the berries.. One thing he noticed differently was that instead of vegetables like tomatoes, there seem to be some sort of Pokeberries inside the bowl with the soup.

Kyo wondered how it tasted. He drank the soup with his spoon and-

Something Incredible happened.

No, he did not fart,

Kyo accidentally discharges a wide boom aura blast around him.

1