Chapter 3 Emotionless Doll
115 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Aila's body collapsed to the ground, Kyle held firmly onto the crystal. After a few hours of being stuck in the basement, the rescue team has finally arrived.

"What took you so long? I'm bleeding to death here. "

Kyle continued blabbering about his situation 

"I think we found what we were looking for."

said by a shady person behind the rescue team. Kyle tried to hide the crystal in his pants 

Soon after, the rescue team managed to bring Kyle and the doll to the surface outside of the research facility. A loud announcement was heard in the field 

"Attention all personnel, a security doll has been detected."

A wave of security dolls starts to fire their rifles, hitting the defensive position of the rescue team 

"You know, we're going to die at any moment, so stop smiling."

A rescue personnel comments on Kyle's smirking face 

"I'm not smiling; it's just that we have a high-spec doll with us to deal with small fry."

The rescue team are confused about what Kyle is saying. Inside Aila's body, the operating system starts to restart.

"Restarting system code name Aila"

Aila's lifeless body starts to move and tap Kyle's back 

"Master, should I clean up?"

Kyle was shocked upon hearing what she said. The rescue team starts to question Kyle.

"Kid, what did you do? Don't tell me you overwrote that doll's system. "

The angry rescue personnel started to shake Kyle and started to tremble 

"Oh shit, we're screwed. Our only hope has been overwritten by some kid in order to fulfill his desire."

Kyle was pissed and held the person's shirt 

"I didn't do anything. I was fighting for my life down there. Do you think I have the chance to overwrite a doll's system? "

The wave of dolls keeps shooting, raining down bullets on Kyle's position.

"We're dead!"

The rescue personnel shouted in terror. As the bullets rain down, Aila pulls out her bolt action rifle and shoots down the incoming dolls one after another. Security dolls start to drop one by one 

"Upon closer look, your gun Aila is rare, isn't a bolt action rifle chambered with 7.62 nato rounds, even the bullet is rare."

Aila keeps on shooting down security dolls. A few hours had passed since the wave of security dolls Aila began to assess the situation, checking for wounded personnel and ammo count 

"At last, the enemies are gone. Now we have to move to a safe base. "

The rescue personnel start to collect the central processors of the destroyed security dolls. One of the personnel asks Kyle about his bullet wound 

"Hey kid, are you sure you are okay? I mean, you have a bullet wound on your left leg. Don't you feel pain or feel lightheaded from the blood loss? "

The whole rescue team switches their attention from collecting the processor to Kyle 

"Now you remind me, I do feel pain and lightheaded."

Kyle's vision starts to blur and his head starts to sway left and right, indicating his losing consciousness.

Aila's back started to smoke. Upon checking her back by the rescue team, they saw an external battery that was exhausted from overpowering the body 

A human figure can be seen above a research facility stalking Kyle's group.

"Imagine all those security type dolls are easily handled by a special doll. I hope the others live up to their names. "

The enigmatic human figure vanished like a shadow, blending into the dark skies.

"Don't worry kid, you'll be fine. The medics will be here soon. "

told by the personnel of the rescue team.

A few hours had passed since the whole fiasco inside the research facility 

Kyle wakes up inside his compact room, consisting of a single bed and a window with a magnificent view of the Enterchant colony.

"Aughhh, damn that bullet wound really hurts."

Kyle sat carefully on his bed as footsteps and a knock were heard outside his room.

"Mr. Kyle, a person would like to talk to you."

Kyle quickly answered with a confident tone 

"The door is open. You can enter. I can't really move right now due to my leg getting shot. "

A well-dressed man came in wearing a suit and a folder of papers 

"Mr. Kyle I am the assigned leader during the extraction. I'm sorry to tell you that out of 18 people who entered, only you survived.

Tears in Kyle's eye started to flow down 

"Is everyone dead?"

"At the moment, we can't identify who activated the security alarm. " 

"Yes, every single one of the scavengers assigned to clear out the building is dead because of the security dolls."

Kyle's expression gradually turns emotionless 

"I will be taking my leave for now, Mr. Kyle, and congratulations on the promotion. You can now be an independent scavenger and the cloud will now accept any old world information and dolls processor. "

As soon as the well-dressed man left, a shadow-like figure entered Kyle's room 

"Look at you. You look terrible. Are you really my host? "

A woman's voice was heard, and Kyle faced the direction of the voice 

"Now I got your attention, please be assured that I am no longer a threat to you and I will answer every single question you ask, because I will not disclose my three sizes."

Seeing where the voice came from, Kyle recognized the voice to be Aila's.

0